IGNORED

Maxwell 33: Managers of Their Vests

Coconut Flan

36 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Arnold is a Maxwell male even though he has no junk anymore.Obviously He must be a still an immodest heathen or he would properly be wearing kitty Khakis.

Are there reversal ops for cats? And if so, can you discuss them at weddings?

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 22

Am I seeing this correctly? Did Sarah black out some of this man’s scripture list? I don’t understand.  Looking at the rest of the list, it seems like there is nothing on it except Bible references. What could be so offensive that we are not meant to see?

BF56DB86-5CCE-4308-81D1-0414F8E37AB3.png

• Upvote 5

25 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Am I seeing this correctly? Did Sarah black out some of this man’s scripture list? I don’t understand.  Looking at the rest of the list, it seems like there is nothing on it except Bible references. What could be so offensive that we are not meant to see?imageproxy.php?img=&key=eb941d1cec36b5e7

It looks like some of the verses have annotations/notes scribbled around them. Maybe she covered them up for identity/anonymity reasons? Or maybe they're scandalous? I'm not quite sure either. 

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

What could be so offensive that we are not meant to see?

Song of songs? 

Honestly, it first looked like Sarah's doing to me, too, but I think "the elderly saint" blackened them out himself. The third from top isn't pitch black but a bit faded, like often happens with an old marker pen, or with a very wet marker (yes, I've drawn with markers for my all life!) . But, them being the Maxwells, everything is possible...

Edited by LurkerOverThePond
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

Am I seeing this correctly? Did Sarah black out some of this man’s scripture list? I don’t understand.  Looking at the rest of the list, it seems like there is nothing on it except Bible references. What could be so offensive that we are not meant to see?imageproxy.php?img=&key=eb941d1cec36b5e7

BF56DB86-5CCE-4308-81D1-0414F8E37AB3.png

Maybe some days he got bored with the Bible and wrote down the lyrics to Row Row Row Your Boat?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 23

On 9/23/2019 at 6:57 AM, Ozlsn said:

Let's face it, the minute anything gets wet - 'modest' or not, actual designed swimwear or not - it's pretty much form fitting. Or form clinging actually!

The 'modest' part seems to be with the aim of covering as much skin as possible, but yeah burquinis (and every other 'modest' swimwear) show as much body shape as bikinis once wet. As Nigella Lawson demonstrated they are good for skin coverage and reducing sun exposure though! 

Hmm, that can be fixed by using a dazzle camouflage pattern to break up the body shape outlines.  I can't find any such thing via Google though.  Surely there's a market... 

On 9/22/2019 at 10:36 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I like “autumn” because it sounds so pretty. But I usually say fall. It’s just more common. 

I say "spring."

But in March I say "autumn" :P

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

I mean...if the Maxwells could speak cat they would Try to send him out to preach to the  free love Tomcat and loose female cat masses about where they are going when they die.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

Anyone know the theory to spaying/neutering pets but it’s wrong for humans? Is it ok because animal overpopulation is easier for them to see than human overpopulation? Why are vasectomies or tubals or hysterectomies* moral taboos but are acceptable for animals?

* as permanent bc. Thankfully they allowed Ellie to get the proper medical treatment. 

Edited by Giraffe
Unawkwarding my awkward use of English ?
  • Upvote 9

In the Maxwell worldview pets and other animals cannot be saved and thus cannot go to Heaven so it doesn't matter.

• Upvote 12
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • I Agree 2

11 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

I'll be generous and assume they went on some kind of nature walk/interpretive trail before their picnic, and that it only occurred to Sarah to photograph them on the playset* and at the picnic table, because those are the things she is programmed to commemorate.

That, plus the nature walk was way nearer seal level than at 14,000 feet, as seen in Colorado. THOSE are the walks worth immortalizing, Missy (Sarah), and doannn you forget it!!!

• Upvote 6

21 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

To be fair (for a change, I know, I know, I'm usually all BEC when it comes to fundies) the trip was to Weston Bend State Park for a walk and picnic, not to just a neighborhood playground. I'll be generous and assume they went on some kind of nature walk/interpretive trail before their picnic, and that it only occurred to Sarah to photograph them on the playset* and at the picnic table, because those are the things she is programmed to commemorate.

*I am pretty sure I have never been to a state park that had playground equipment. Typically, nature is the big draw. But, to quote the missionary lady in The African Queen, "Nature, Mr. Allnut, is what we are put in this world to rise above."

Our family spent many weekends camping in Missouri State Parks and many of them have playgrounds. We've camped at Weston Bend and I can guarantee there are some lovely trails, one with an overlook near the Missouri River.  The town of Weston is close by with a few antique shops and cafes, as is the historic Holladay Distillery operated by McCormick.  Now that would have made for an interesting blog post!

• Upvote 10

13 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

In the Maxwell worldview pets and other animals cannot be saved and thus cannot go to Heaven so it doesn't matter.

Which is why Ellie and Arnold aren't allowed in the annual Maxhell resident pic.  Which is quite sad as those two are the only ones that deserve Heaven outside the grandkids of course.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

Which is why Ellie and Arnold aren't allowed in the annual Maxhell resident pic.  Which is quite sad as those two are the only ones that deserve Heaven outside the grandkids of course.

I find comfort in believing I will see beloved pets again. I don’t care if I’m wrong. It’s incomprehensible to me to believe I won’t. My heart breaks for the Maxkidult “girls” and for the 2nd gens. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

I prefer to attend a church that blesses animals than to have the Maxwell dreary beliefs.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 4

16 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Anyone know the theory to spaying/neutering pets but it’s wrong for humans? Is it ok because animal overpopulation is easier for them to see than human overpopulation? Why are vasectomies or tubals or hysterectomies* moral taboos but are acceptable for animals?

* as permanent bc. Thankfully they allowed Ellie to get the proper medical treatment. 

I don't know how they feel about spaying/neutering in general, but an unneutered tom is NOT a housepet.  They spray and there is pretty much nothing that stinks like tomcat pee.  Ellie had to be spayed as part of the treatment for pyometra.  The vet removes the infected uterus.  It's necessary if the dog is to survive.  

To answer a question up thread, neutering is not reversible as the testicles are removed in both cats and dogs.  I suppose that the equivalent of vasectomy would be possible, but it would be much more expensive and would not eliminate some of the behavioral issues that neutering does.  Neutering, at least in cats, is not complicated.  My brother's practice partner used to sedate the tom, make two small slits on the testicles, and then twist the testicles off.  My brother's procedure was a bit more complicated, but not by much.

@Giraffe, for what it's worth, CS Lewis felt that our pets would be in Heaven with us.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

On 10/14/2019 at 9:04 PM, Hane said:

@Eternalbluepearl, I’ve finally figured it out: To these sola scriptura Biblical literalists, the Bible is virtually a fetish, in the Merriam-Webster sense of “an object believed to have magical power that will protect or aid its owner” or “an object of irrational reverence or obsessive devotion.” In no way am I saying that certain teachings in the Bible lack value—I’m saying the Maxwells have elevated it to magic amulet status. 

I’m reminded of those fundies who take their Bibles everywhere to broadcast how Christian (TM) they are, and of one fundie we followed some time back who bragged about putting a big Bible adorned with a large red ribbon on her mantelpiece, instead of having a Christmas tree.

The fundie-lite church I used to attend was the first one I’d seen where most people brought their own personal Bibles(although there were some available onsite).  

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Giraffe, for what it's worth, CS Lewis felt that our pets would be in Heaven with us.

Aww! I did not know that but am glad to. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

On 10/12/2019 at 7:02 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

That kind of science doesn’t really challenge their biblical views. If they were a high school biology teacher, then I would be shocked. 

True, very true

• Upvote 2

The newest Maxwell post from Griselda Teri is about children acting out parts from Grandmas Book Bag. Now, this sounds like a fun activity for the children. However, this is Maxhell we are talking about, so Griselda Teri made it sound like a chore for her to be involved in the final production as director. Is there anything to bring happiness to the Maxwell family? 

• Upvote 12

15 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

The newest Maxwell post from Griselda Teri is about children acting out parts from Grandmas Book Bag. Now, this sounds like a fun activity for the children. However, this is Maxhell we are talking about, so Griselda Teri made it sound like a chore for her to be involved in the final production as director. Is there anything to bring happiness to the Maxwell family? 

A friend was telling me yesterday how she had dropped out of her therapy group because it was becoming evident that for some of the group members, depression had become so much a part of their personality that they wouldn't even consider any options  or approaches they could take toward recovery, such as trying different medications. My friend said she wasn't depressed going into the group, she had other stuff she wanted to work on, but with every session she was becoming more and more depressed, or at least just ground down.

I think that's what life with Teri must be like.

ETA: OMG I just read the post. Please don't tell me Abbie is required to participate in this activity, which is appropriate only for the younger grandkids! Are there no age-appropriate activities that Teri could do with just Abbie? If not, why not cut her loose during Grandma's Story Quarter-Hour, to take an art or music or writing class somewhere away from Maxhell?

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Upvote 13
  • Downvote 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Is there anything to bring happiness to the Maxwell family? 

.......no, not really.

Well, I guess Jesse’s Bible-reading and Sarah’s sugar-laden mochas, but her sugar buzz probably wears off quickly. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

On 10/13/2019 at 10:02 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

That kind of science doesn’t really challenge their biblical views. If they were a high school biology teacher, then I would be shocked. 

You'd be surprised at the scientific fields some current creationist speakers worked in before they became creationists.

On 10/15/2019 at 12:04 PM, Hane said:

@Eternalbluepearl, I’ve finally figured it out: To these sola scriptura Biblical literalists, the Bible is virtually a fetish, in the Merriam-Webster sense of “an object believed to have magical power that will protect or aid its owner” or “an object of irrational reverence or obsessive devotion.” In no way am I saying that certain teachings in the Bible lack value—I’m saying the Maxwells have elevated it to magic amulet status. 

I’m reminded of those fundies who take their Bibles everywhere to broadcast how Christian (TM) they are, and of one fundie we followed some time back who bragged about putting a big Bible adorned with a large red ribbon on her mantelpiece, instead of having a Christmas tree.

I can't help myself:

Spoiler

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 4

@CyborgKin, is that video serious or satire?

Has anyone else seen that GEICO Halloween ad where two young women who love cats hire a housekeeper named Griselda?  Griselda's over at the stove cooking a potion which she feeds to one of the women who begins to turn into a cat.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

On 10/16/2019 at 1:47 PM, Giraffe said:

I find comfort in believing I will see beloved pets again. I don’t care if I’m wrong. It’s incomprehensible to me to believe I won’t. 

Psalms 36:6

Your righteousness is like the highest mountains, your justice like the great deep. You, Lord, preserve both people and animals.

I take this verse to mean that animals are in Heaven!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic