IGNORED

Maxwell 33: Managers of Their Vests

Coconut Flan

7 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Is that you, Lori Alexander? :mouse-shock:

Certainly not!!  I refuse to eat large amounts of rabbit food and my Mercedes is a broom, thank you very much!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • Love 3

On 9/23/2019 at 4:38 PM, dripcurl said:

I never wear vests, I can’t remember the last time I did (probably as a child, so at least 15 years ago) but I do love me some sweaters. Big, fluffy cardigans. Even if it is cold inside somewhere (never my own house), I have to take the sweater off to eat, cook/bake, clean. Even if it is a sweatshirt or a hoodie or a pullover sweater, I have to. Maybe my movement feels restricted? Anyway, with the arms exposed, I don’t think the Maxwell girls do it for warmth. I think they are “encouraged” to because boobs.

I disagree. I think they are just weird.

• Upvote 4

On 9/25/2019 at 11:22 AM, mango_fandango said:

Of course they have to get in a little message about being a family who welcomes children as a gift from the Lord :pb_rollseyes: 

Such a pity that Sarah is highly unlikely to have her own. I wonder how she feels at every pregnancy announcement. Her birthday post back in January was the most depressing thing I’ve seen. Her blog bio states that she’s waiting for the right guy, but she HAS to be wondering why it hasn’t happened. She must realise deep down that Steve has been the major barrier here, and I wonder if she secretly resents him for it. 

Hard as it would be, women have left worse situations and made their own life. I don't ever see her doing this, but she could. While we like to knock her writing, she could function as an administrative assistant in a quiet company. And, like all of us, after a few weeks at whatever her first job would be, she will have toughened up! But I think she knows she's being held hostage to care for Mom and Dad and help all the brothers' families. I do hope that at least let Anna or Mary go. Not holding my breath, mind you....

• Upvote 9

4 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I wonder if the Maxwell's know about the Whistleblower and impeachment proceedings.

The guess that sprang to my mind?

Sarah to her sisters: "Dad says some bad people are attacking our President, and that it's important for us to pray extra hard for him."

Sigh.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Griselda Teri endorses a book written by Joanna Gaines!  Hypocrite thy name is Teri since Joanna is on the Beast.

Edited by SPHASH
Spelling
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 5

The only thing that I predict will change is that once Jesse gets married and gets to move into his home, Sarah will most likely get his old room as another concession, in the same way she was allowed to get Ellie.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 4

21 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Griselda Teri endorses a book written by Joanna Gaines!  Hypocrite thy name is Teri since Joanna is on the Beast.

Considering the book that Teri likes, she may not have even been aware unless she read the little bio in the book of who Joanna Gaines is.   It's just in the kid's books at Target.  She may not even have related it to the Magnolia (Chip and Joanna's place at Target) shop if they do to Target.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

23 hours ago, freejugar said:

My soul left my body

?

I love how she made certain to confirm that it's a *healthy* cracker. (And I bet Stevehovah still only allows them four at most.)

I wonder if Sarah dies a little inside every time she has to type out that Psalm saying she clearly doesn't deserve the LORD's reward. ☹️  I am a happily childfree-by-choice atheist, and yet seeing that verse in her posts makes me so damn sad for her.

Edited by scoutsadie
Moar
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 3

14 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

The only thing that I predict will change is that once Jesse gets married and gets to move into his home, Sarah will most likely get his old room as another concession, in the same way she was allowed to get Ellie.

But then how will she read to Anna and Mary every night before bed? And does this mean Anna and Mary no longer need bunk beds? Will they get big girl beds? 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 4
  • Love 3

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But then how will she read to Anna and Mary every night before bed? And does this mean Anna and Mary no longer need bunk beds? Will they get big girl beds? 

She can always record her readings for Anna & Mary. The bunk beds could be put side by side, so they could become big girl beds.  

• Haha 15

What a blessed way to wake up to a new week! Just what I need on a Monday morning is the Maxwells using their kids to push their anti-choice propaganda down our throat. A cherry on top of a cake is almost forgotten Anna's acting masterpiece as a fetus! Lolly the Fucking Clown seems almost normal compared with this bizarreness (<-- is that even a word?).

All I got to say is fuck you, fuck you very much Mawells.

Edited by LurkerOverThePond
  • Upvote 12
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Huh. Something weird has clearly been going on my end. When trying to access the Maxwell blog, the last post that came up was about Jesse’s birthday. I saw on here that there were new posts, so went to look... last post is still Jesse’s birthday. I click refresh and bingo, the pro life and Grandma’s book bag posts show up. 

• Upvote 4

I love down vests in the winter, or whatever passes for winter where I live now.  They saved me when I lived in Colorado.  Keeps the torso toasty! 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Howl said:

I love down vests in the winter, or whatever passes for winter where I live now.  They saved me when I lived in Colorado.  Keeps the torso toasty! 

Same.  I wore mine for the first time of the season the other day, since our weather took a sudden turn toward chilly.  I even wore it indoors, since I was in/out during the day and it was easier to just leave it on as long as I didn't get too warm.  How Maxwellish of me!

Edited by church_of_dog
forgot something
  • Upvote 3

In a world that shouts that it’s a woman’s choice, where is the child’s choice? Where is her right to life

did she asume the newborn's gender?

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Huh. Something weird has clearly been going on my end. When trying to access the Maxwell blog, the last post that came up was about Jesse’s birthday. I saw on here that there were new posts, so went to look... last post is still Jesse’s birthday. I click refresh and bingo, the pro life and Grandma’s book bag posts show up. 

I have been having the same issue. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

Same.  I wore mine for the first time of the season the other day, since our weather took a sudden turn toward chilly.  I even wore it indoors, since I was in/out during the day and it was easier to just leave it on as long as I didn't get too warm.  How Maxwellish of me!

I wonder if the girls [sic] aren’t allowed to wear brassieres. Two layers would almost certainly ensure no nipple shadows. 

Forced-birthers.  Putting the rights of women into the sewer with drama! 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I wonder if the girls [sic] aren’t allowed to wear brassieres. Two layers would almost certainly ensure no nipple shadows. 

Forced-birthers.  Putting the rights of women into the sewer with drama! 

That's a good question, @MamaJunebug.  The only advantage modesty-wise of them wearing bras is that there's less bounce.  

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

That's a good question, @MamaJunebug.  The only advantage modesty-wise of them wearing bras is that there's less bounce.  

They go for runs, don't they?  That makes it seem less likely that bras are prohibited, to me.  I think just the overall visible shape of a breast is to be avoided, hence the multiple layers of shirts.  

Personally, I don't think that's what the vests are about though -- I think maybe their houses are kept on the cool side, and/or it's simply become a family/culture trend/fashion item.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, church_of_dog said:

They go for runs, don't they?  That makes it seem less likely that bras are prohibited, to me.  I think just the overall visible shape of a breast is to be avoided, hence the multiple layers of shirts.  

Personally, I don't think that's what the vests are about though -- I think maybe their houses are kept on the cool side, and/or it's simply become a family/culture trend/fashion item.  

Keeping a house in eastern Kansas cool in winter makes economic sense if you don’t mind that dorrbif thing. But keeping it so cool in summer than residents need light down vests is gonna co$t Steve & Teri big money. 

They're so weird. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

A little late to the party on this on Jesse's birthday post. Anyway, the Maxwells are really living up to Jesse's nickname as Forgotten Jesse since they had to use it to announce Elissa is expecting again, rather than doing it in another post. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I'm sure they wear bras. Good grief! lol Sorry, but that's a little silly.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic