IGNORED

Feminine Belle’s “80/20” Rule

dripcurl

While looking at Lady Lydia’s blog, I found this treasure trove belonging to “Feminine Belle”. This gal is happy her “80/20” rule is gaining popularity (somehow).

https://femininebelle.blogspot.com/2019/09/8020-rule-of-femininity-continue.html?m=1

“Her ensemble covers 80% of her body and shows 20% skin.”

Even if something covers your shoulders and knees, that would be less than 80% - stupid fundies with pissing contests of who can be more modest.

“Her speech is 80% silence and 20% conversation when meeting others for the first time.”

Ok, but it would also be the other person’s first time having a conversation with you, so if they too are a maiden who should follow the same rule... *does LITERALLY not compute*

“Her actions are 80% of doing things for others in love or charity and 20% of receiving”

Different seasons in life would dictate this... As far as a day-to-day basis, my personal belief is to always put others above myself, but I certainly need to “receive” more than 20% of the time in order to effectively do this. But also, most of my “receiving” is mere self-care, so it almost always costs anybody else absolutely zero.

Some other random atrocities from this post:

”Girly and childlike speech and actions provokes warmth and good feelings from others unlike being childish and immature making others feel uncomfortable around her causing drama. She infuses peace in her speech.”

Just, gross.

“Importantly she may not know it, an elegant lady isalways watched by her actions. What she does has lasting implications on her character as well as other viewing her. Actions are important to her as her brand she is displaying or acting on”

What a grammatical clusterfuck. Circular reasoning, errors, etc.....

Edited by dripcurl
  • Upvote 9
  • Disgust 5
  • WTF 9
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 6

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So would I be following the 80/20 rule if I  covered my body With a long hooded robe and cut holes out to show my boobs, butt, and crotch?

Slutty pumpkin???

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 29
  • Love 2

17 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So would I be following the 80/20 rule if I  covered my body With a long hooded robe and cut holes out to show my boobs, butt, and crotch?

I was thinking of a long skirt and turtleneck, but with an exposed midsection.  Follows the rule, publicly acceptable, still very "Nike."

• Upvote 13

80/20?

Compared to the young Muslim woman in head covering, zip-up long sleeved jacket and long skirt that left only the front of her face and her hands showing,  80/20 screams “Trollop!”

Another question, since kIt’s important for many Muslim women to cover their necks and ears as they are considered temptatious parts of the body. What about that, 80/20 baby? Got turtleneck? Is your hair covering your ears? Is your hair covered? 

How about 100/0 hush up and read some real women's Literature, eh? Then come see me and we can do 50/50 questioning and explaining. Just a thought. 

• Upvote 15

Her other posts are, thus far, equally amusing. From "Having Beautiful Things to Wear, Part 1"

"A long sleeved white, collared shirt placed under a sleeveless dress with a simple neckline in order to stretch an outfit into cooler weather."

This is giving me Bethany Beal of Girl Defined flashbacks. I have never seen this look good outside of the runway. To be fair, I have never lived in a very fashionable place so maybe everyone I've seen is just doing it wrong... But who on earth can make this look good? If any of you lovely FJers manage this look, please share with me your secrets. 

"* Taking long necklaces opening them up, and turning them into temporally (sic) belts." 

Typo aside, do women who aren't model-thin own necklaces long enough to fit around their waists, much less hips? Belts are like $3 at any thrift shop and every one I've been to has a massive selection. Protip," having beautiful things to wear" is a lot easier to do if you don't spend $50-200 on every one of those things. 

ETA: This one is a doozy:

https://femininebelle.blogspot.com/2019/05/good-advice-from-men.html?m=1

"Fathers usually impart to dress like a lady. They gave examples in which guys in their timeline appreciated a well dressed girl." 

So, fathers tell their daughters how to dress based on how the women they were attracted to as teenagers dressed? Very cool, not creepy at all. 

" He told me did not care for an overweight daughter. "

The only thing I have to say to this is, ???, in that order. 

"Ladies,  we need more positive talk on men and not continue to mock, shame, or speak negatively about them." 

So, the exact opposite of what your fathers did to you? Right, got it. 

Edited by Sonic the Whoredgehog
  • Upvote 16
  • WTF 10
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sonic the Whoredgehog said:

Her other posts are, thus far, equally amusing. From "Having Beautiful Things to Wear, Part 1"

"A long sleeved white, collared shirt placed under a sleeveless dress with a simple neckline in order to stretch an outfit into cooler weather."

This is giving me Bethany Beal of Girl Defined flashbacks. I have never seen this look good outside of the runway. To be fair, I have never lived in a very fashionable place so maybe everyone I've seen is just doing it wrong... But who on earth can make this look good? If any of you lovely FJers manage this look, please share with me your secrets. 

"* Taking long necklaces opening them up, and turning them into temporally (sic) belts." 

Typo aside, do women who aren't model-thin own necklaces long enough to fit around their waists, much less hips? Belts are like $3 at any thrift shop and every one I've been to has a massive selection. Protip," having beautiful things to wear" is a lot easier to do if you don't spend $50-200 on every one of those things. 

ETA: This one is a doozy:

https://femininebelle.blogspot.com/2019/05/good-advice-from-men.html?m=1

"Fathers usually impart to dress like a lady. They gave examples in which guys in their timeline appreciated a well dressed girl." 

So, fathers tell their daughters how to dress based on how the women they were attracted to as teenagers dressed? Very cool, not creepy at all. 

" He told me did not care for an overweight daughter. "

The only thing I have to say to this is, ???, in that order. 

"Ladies,  we need more positive talk on men and not continue to mock, shame, or speak negatively about them." 

So, the exact opposite of what your fathers did to you? Right, got it. 

My dad loves to tell me about the mini skirts my mom wore in the 70s!  They were a childfree couple for the first 10 years of their marriage, which I'm sure most fundies would disapprove of.  On the other hand, my dad was in the Army during Vietnam then so...

• Upvote 9

11 hours ago, dripcurl said:

Girly and childlike speech and actions provokes warmth and good feelings from others unlike being childish and immature making others feel uncomfortable around her causing drama.

Damn, but this chafes my chaps.  No, it doesn't "provoke" warmth and good feelings.  It's grotesque. It provokes, WTAF is wrong with this woman; she doesn't have normal adult speech patterns

Mrs. Pecan Thief, at least in past videos, has this type of affected speech. I've seen a few fundie women on video speaking this way.  Teaching girls that this is how adult women speak, and then that little girl growing up and continuing to speak that way, IMHO, is profoundly damaging. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

It can be incredibly exhausting to try to conduct a conversation with a person who doesn't carry their weight and expects you to fill the silence most of the time.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 16

33 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Good Lord. That sounds like it came straight out of a nervous breakdown. 

Here is a post from her other blog

https://sifttwice.blogspot.com/2019/09/when-man-makes-up-his-mind-its-finished.html?m=1

It’s a short read, and I feel like she is either actively being abused, is mentally unstable, or both and I don’t know where one ends and the other begins ?

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

I really wonder how she picks what's 80 and what's 20 [hint: bullshit patriarchal gender stereotypes], as I'm pretty sure the Bible doesn't say anything about Holy Ratios.

Here, Belle, let me help:

A godly woman eats a PBJ that is 80% bread, 20% peanut butter and jam

A godly woman, to keep her house clean, sweeps 80% of the floor and leaves 20% a gross mess

A godly woman eats 80% of a bell pepper and spits the remaining 20% out.

A godly woman watches 20% of a show before deciding to share it with her husband, and watches the last 80% with him.

I could go on :)

Edited by PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea
wrong name of blog!
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • Love 3

She homeschools her kids? From her post on ironing:

Do you like to iron? It seems a rather strange question in which to ask. (my bold)

So nice and toasty the clothes feel. It would be easily to stay in this domicile for a bit or until the warmness wares (sic) off. (my bold)

I hope none of her kids dreams of being a writer when they grow up. 

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
forgot a bold
  • Upvote 8

Is English her first language? Some of these texts feel like they've gone through a round in Google Translate.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 10

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

I think I am missing the message she intended to convey. At first I thought maybe she was talking about using items that have been deemed bad for the environment (plastic straws, disposable coffee cups, the chemicals used to maintain a chlorinated pool). I genuinely don't know at what or who is she poking fun.

Then she said: "Actually, carbon dating is not a sure science. In fact gives a false date which can be proven, so how can one be honest  in *Dating* it?"

So now I am wondering is she talking about people who believe in evolution? Is she saying carbon dating isn't accurate; therefore, there is no science to support evolution? 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

80 % gin and 20 % tonic.

That sounds about right

but I don't like gin so for me it is either 80% Captain and 20% coke or 80% Jack and 20% coke 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, dripcurl said:

Girly and childlike speech and actions provokes warmth and good feelings from others unlike being childish and immature making others feel uncomfortable around her causing drama. She infuses peace in her speech

Actually , as seen from this example , such a demeanor will tend to creep out even young children .  Kids React to Poppy  

• Upvote 4

“If one would not learn not to ride, how much happier their lives would be.”

Dafuq?

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

We are former & current neighbors, coworkers (of her husband - she has never worked), and former friends who have all been burned by this hypocrite. What caused the most anger (and pain) was discovering her comments and blog entries about intimate, private details of our lives that we had confided in her. Every single time she was pointing out our flaws and mistakes (i.e. my pregnancy BEFORE my wedding day) belittling and ridiculing us to these people online who don’t know the REAL Lisa. 

https://obesitybelle.blogspot.com/?m=1

Edited by SunnySylvia
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 5

3 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

I really wonder how she picks what's 80 and what's 20 [hint: bullshit patriarchal gender stereotypes], as I'm pretty sure the Bible doesn't say anything about Holy Ratios.

Here, Belle, let me help:

A godly woman watches 20% of a show before deciding to share it with her husband, and watches the last 80% with him.

I could go on :)

Don't be silly- Godly Women don't watch shows! 

• Haha 3