IGNORED

Medic Corps, a Duggar-Bates Totally Legitimate Humanitarian Organization

bal maiden

I have no idea. It would be helpful to know whether the donate button was shut down by MedicCorps Corps or an outside entity.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

Their website says they are still pending 501(c)3 status. Can you ask for donations while your status is pending?

I think so.  Donors just need to know that know that their contributions may not be tax-deductible.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

On 9/23/2019 at 2:26 AM, bal maiden said:

https://starcasm.net/duggars-medic-corps-hurricane-dorian-relief-bahamas-controversy/?fbclid=IwAR294GLFId_zaGv789IpbiS47UvXNH5_tfGj_XyOBTOZZoZCOvO1umdHbKk

a few new quotes from James Lea in here. Also, pickles is quoting someone claim James Lea is a (former?) friend of the Duggars who is embittered for some reason. 

James Lea may be a jerk, and there are some holes in his story, but even without that, the pic of JD in a foreign country carrying a gun and flashing an Arkansas constable badge--that trumps the Bahamian authorities?" and the crew sitting in a hotel room eating chick fil A while other relief workers were sleeping on the ground says it all, IMO. Then add in that they want money to "support the team," and they claim to be elevating the medical care available in Third World (their term) countries is beyond the pale. Every time I think one of them might be decent (I was one of the ones who thought Dwreck was OK at the beginning), they prove me wrong.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't seen or heard anything about them helping locally with severe storms and tornadoes hit their area. No pictures, so it couldn't have happened because we know they must publicize any help they might give.

• Upvote 11

• 5 months later...

At my own suggestion - I'm creating a central location to discuss the monstrosity known as Medicorp.  

Props to @Syriana for the thread title.

There were Tornadoes across the south yesterday.  Lawson and Nathan Bates have, of course, shown up to 'help'

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 12

Lawson asking people to DM him for help. He absolutely doesn’t want to be told how to help by some heathen legitimate agency that is coordinating the relief effort. 

• Upvote 21

1 minute ago, Idlewild said:

Lawson asking people to DM him for help. He absolutely doesn’t want to be told how to help by some heathen legitimate agency that is coordinating the relief effort. 

He's doing that again?  He did that when Nashville tornadoes hit.  Yeah, he's definitely working around any legit agencies telling him what to do so he's going solo.  That way he gets into the affected areas, can post selfies of him coming to the rescue, doesn't have to report to anyone.   Win, win, win for him.  BTW, by soliciting DMs he can claim he's there to help a "friend" complete with a name too, so they will let him in.    

It pisses me off because having seen my local area affected by a tornado a few years ago, access to affected areas really needs to be restricted to legitimate agencies/family/friends to do the real work of cleanup, search and rescue, etc. not for attention whores who want to post their selfies. 

• Upvote 23
  • Love 5

I’m tempted to DM him and tell him he can help by SITTING HIS ASS DOWN AT HOME. Nobody needs a gun toting idiot interfering with disaster relief in the best of times. Least of all during a pandemic. 

(I know. Don’t touch the poop. But the poop is particularly rancid and needs to be removed. He is the human embodiment walking in a park and suddenly stepping in dog crap that some asshole decided not to clean up)

Edited by HarryPotterFan
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 11

5 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I’m tempted to DM him and tell him he can help by SITTING HIS ASS DOWN AT HOME. Nobody needs a gun toting idiot interfering with disaster relief in the best of times. Least of all during a pandemic. 

I can understand (yeah I know, don't touch the poop) but when the next storm decides to pay a visit to my area, I would be tempted to post pictures saying "Warning: attention whore, do not let this guy in, get real help" 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 5

Point of order, the faux Duggar-Bates charity is ‘Medic Corps’.  Medicorps is a legit charity.  

I’m sure the similarity was on purpose.

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
Apparently Medic Corps now does have tax exempt status
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 13

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Point of order, the faux Duggar-Bates charity is ‘Medic Corps’.  Medicorps is a legit charity.  

I’m sure the similarity was on purpose.

Interesting that MediCorps is very active in the Philippines, but also Thailand and Malaysia and it's apparent that they have worked in some incredibly dangerous situations -- forced removals, insurgencies and more, so they have a lot of experience and institutional knowledge. 

If you want to see a website with a lot of information that says nothing, check out Medic Corps here: https://mediccorps.org/

They are doing stuff in the Philippines. Helicopters! 911! Jesus!   And presumably elsewhere, like in the US. 

*heavily armed men run up to suffering people*  We're Medic Corp and we're here to help! Let me tell you about Jesus! 

Medic Corps volunteers have various levels of training including search & rescue, EMR/EMT, paramedic, firefighting, technical rescue, law enforcement, active and former military and other related training. In addition, Medic Corps volunteer staff include doctors, specialty physicians, professional pilots, lawyers, pastors & chaplains along with catastrophe relief and crisis volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering or know someone who may be qualified and willing to help serve with our team, please contact us.

And they desperately need an editor for that web site.  

Also, Lawon Bates' Instagram account.  That guy is enchanted with his own looks + some wide stance action here and there.  There is so much there that pings my gaydar, but he could be straight as straight can be. 

There's an implication he should be getting together with Jana in some of the Insta comments.  Did this happen?  Is Jana the unmarried SAHD sistermom Duggar?

What does Lawson do for a living when he's not doing heroic rescue shit and posting pics of himself on Instagram?

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6

I think Lawson is a singer- he seems to think he’s pretty good.

He also likes posing with a badge and gun, but I think it’s a voluntary post- I don’t think any police department is mad enough to give him paid employment. The latter makes me wonder why he needs to fly off anywhere- here in the UK the call has gone out for volunteer ( ‘special constables) and recently retired officers to sign up due to the number of officers who are either sick or having to self isolate. I’m sure they could find him something useful to do nearer home- but it may not involve showing off. 

• Upvote 7

42 minutes ago, Howl said:

If you want to see a website with a lot of information that says nothing, check out Medic Corps here: https://mediccorps.org/

They are doing stuff in the Philippines. Helicopters! 911! Jesus!   And presumably elsewhere, like in the US. 

Brings back reminders of Bradrick!    AFAIK that crew never seemed to show up at any emergencies to fuck things up, er, assist thankfully.  

I find it interesting that their experience is all overseas thus far.  We heard the stories of their conduct following Dorian in the Bahamas and  they claim to do stuff in the Philippines.   It might be easier to assist and simultaneously bother people for Jesus overseas (especially in the immediate chaos of a disaster) but let's see how far they get during storm and hurricane season in the US. 

My bet is nowhere.  Going solo and soliciting people to request help via DM, keeping yourself under the radar is not how you build your fine group of manly men that will all show up to come to the rescue.   And if they expect to get qualified people like doctors, EMT's etc. all of those people have protocols to follow, I doubt they would risk their licensure to go rogue with the new version of Manly Men for Jesus.  

18 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

I’m sure they could find him something useful to do nearer home- but it may not involve showing off. 

Sure he could be useful, but he wants to call the shots AND show off.  Not how it works.  To be effective, he needs to forget about himself, park the ego and do the darn work, whatever it is, and with whatever people he's with, and listen to whatever authorities tell him what to do.  This is not something that he gets to do completely on his terms.  

Edited by nokidsmom
  • Upvote 10

45 minutes ago, Howl said:

Also, Lawon Bates' Instagram account.  That guy is enchanted with his own looks + some wide stance action here and there.  There is so much there that pings my gaydar, but he could be straight as straight can be. 

There's an implication he should be getting together with Jana in some of the Insta comments.  Did this happen?  Is Jana the unmarried SAHD sistermom Duggar?

What does Lawson do for a living when he's not doing heroic rescue shit and posting pics of himself on Instagram?

This talk is nothing new. Whenever they are within a mile radius, new rumors start to rise. Been happening for the past few years. I’m sure he absolutely loves the attention he gets from it though. He was involved with Jinger back in the day. Lawson is a boy. He definitely is in love with himself. There have been hospital workers come out and say they hate working with him (when he goes to sing) b/c he’s so full of himself. His IG is aaalll about him, it’s gross. The deeds he’s involved with are good, the way he carries himself is childish and narcissistic. I’m glad I’m not the only one to cringe at him always wearing his Constable badge and attire wherever he goes. He even wore it to the Bahamas and Arkansas! Total douchebag. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one to cringe at him always wearing his Constable badge and attire wherever he goes. He even wore it to the Bahamas and Arkansas! Total douchebag. 

Yes, one of his instagram photos shows him wearing a dark blue shirt with a constable patch on the left sleeve.  This is cop cosplay to the nth degree, but these noxious posers can't be bothered to do the work of becoming official LE.   It's the fundy version of stolen valor.   

Also, there are many established and highly organized church groups that respond to disasters for the short and long term.  For example, a five second google search finds what the Methodists are up to: UMCOR is there for the long haul after disasters

Is Lawson Bates a product of the Gothard ALERT!  activities? 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9

@Howl thank you for linking the website. I have learned that the C in medic stands for corps. So their name is  Medical Evacuation Disaster Intervention Corps Corps. 

• Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Yes, one of his instagram photos shows him wearing a dark blue shirt with a constable patch on the left sleeve.  This is cop cosplay to the nth degree, but these noxious posers can't be bothered to do the work of becoming official LE.   It's the fundy version of stolen valor

I have said it once , and I'll now say it again , they sound like the real life equivalent of the Citizens Auxiliary Police .    P.S.  I just now found out that , in a strange coincidence , there is also a fictional Medic Corps .  https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Medic_Corps  I found it to be funny anyway , that they share the same name as an organization in an anime .

Edited by Marmion
I just found something funny when I googled Medic Corps
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Yes, one of his instagram photos shows him wearing a dark blue shirt with a constable patch on the left sleeve.  This is cop cosplay to the nth degree, but these noxious posers can't be bothered to do the work of becoming official LE.   It's the fundy version of stolen valor.   

Also, there are many established and highly organized church groups that respond to disasters for the short and long term.  For example, a five second google search finds what the Methodists are up to: UMCOR is there for the long haul after disasters

Is Lawson Bates a product of the Gothard ALERT!  activities? 

Not defending him, but I did want to point out that Lawson actually is the Constable for Anderson County where he lives. It’s not a cosplay as he does actually hold that position. However, him using it in other states to pretend he’s hot shit when he’s really not. John David Duggar who is also a part of Medic Corps is also a constable for the county where he lives in AR. I just wish they’d join an actual legit organization if they wanted to help instead of asking for DMs and taking selfies. 

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 1

Shit!  Just  what we need right now.  Arrogant asshole fundies getting in the way after a natural disaster during a pandemic.  GO HOME!!!!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9

3 hours ago, Howl said:

He is a constable and a singer and may or may not still own a lawn mowing bussiness. As far as i know constable is a volunteer position, and as a singer he releases like a song once a year and does a few non-profit concerts, usually on behalf of a children hospital or an ill child. Even if the fans of the family buy his songs i highly doubt he makes enough for a living.

The speculation about him and Jana started a while ago because he posted a never seen picture of Jana on his instagram aparently on accident and inmediately deleted it. It was a nice picture of her, kinda intimate. It could be that they are just friends, but i am surprised that 2 unmarried fundies of diferent genders are allowed to develop a friendship at all.

The speculation has continued because since they both are involved in mediccorps they are often seen in the same place. Currently he seems to be living in Jed Duggar house, no idea if he has moved to Arkansas permanently or just while the lockdown is in place (he was there when it began, maybe he doesnt want to return home and expose his family? that would be a good reason, but probably giving him too much credit on my part).

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

Sure he could be useful, but he wants to call the shots AND show off.

I have no doubt your take on the situation is the correct one.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6

What doctors or military are part of this bogus organization? I also wonder what Zach thinks of his little brother cos-playing a cop. Just because Lawson is a volunteer in a county doesn’t give him authority anywhere else when he is outside of his county he’s cosplaying. 

This group just pisses me off. There are skills in the group that could be useful. But they don’t or won’t work within the system. They self deploy, they don’t go to command to get assigned, and do more preening than helping. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Medic Corps, a Duggar-Bates Totally Legitimate Humanitarian Organization
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic