IGNORED

Medic Corps, a Duggar-Bates Totally Legitimate Humanitarian Organization

bal maiden

I think Jana and Nathan might actually be fairly suited to each other.  Jana can use her photo editing skills to add skirts and flowing locks to the upstart hussies who dare to wear shorts and a ponytail. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 15
  • Love 1

From Lacy Mae

Bolding mine but can someone please tell me what "highly technical skills" they have? I mean I guess a couple of them can fly but what about the rest? What highly technical skills do Lawson or Jana have? 

Well, Jana's a concert pianist

Edited by samurai_sarah
I tried to edit a post and effed it up royally
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 31
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Well, Jana's a concert pianist...

And they are each the spawn of a family with 19 children...just cutting to the chase of why they ARE ACTUALLY famous.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

I don't know just how far any of them went with the volunteer fire department training. At best some of them may have done EMT but have they kept it up? Even CPR? I fear their "skills" are proselytizing and grabbing stuff for themselves.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 4

The Medic Corps website (produced by Johnson Marketing and Media who does Bates Sisters Boutique and other fundie sites) has a "how to support us" section.  There are three options with links:  pray, give, and volunteer.  But all three links lead to their donation page.  Don't try to volunteer or pray for them, they just want your $$$$$.  

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 11
  • Haha 15
  • Thank You 1

Damn, this really makes me livid. I was usually willing to give the 2nd generation of fundies a partial pass in terms of their beliefs - it’s all they really know, and practically everything/everyone they care about is wrapped up in the fundie culture. Even their “relief efforts” that mostly involve proselytizing, I can partly understand how they’ve been brainwashed into thinking they are really helping these people in the most important of ways - it’s complete bullshit of course, but I get how they’ve been conditioned to see it that way.

But this?!? If these allegations are true, this is criminal. And to perpetrate this sort of thing at a time and place where people have lost everything, are suffering and dying...it makes me sick. I’ve got half a mind to reach out to the few people I know who work in journalism to see if they can urge someone to investigate this further.

Backstory: when I was 15 I spent two weeks sailing through these very islands, including Hope Town where Dorian made its first landfall - so I have a bit of a personal connection to these places, my father even more so (he’s been there easily 5 or 6 times). It’s a beautiful chain of islands, and I have wonderful, vivid memories of the places and people. Anyone scamming these people at a time when they are incredibly vulnerable, can rot in hell as far as I’m concerned.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 6

On 9/24/2019 at 7:39 PM, freshlemonade said:

The Medic Corps website (produced by Johnson Marketing and Media who does Bates Sisters Boutique and other fundie sites) has a "how to support us" section.  There are three options with links:  pray, give, and volunteer.  But all three links lead to their donation page.  Don't try to volunteer or pray for them, they just want your $$$$$.  

I'll pray. I'll pray that a bolt of enlightenment hits them, and they stop this rubbish!

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

Co opting Jesus or any other mainstream creator or deity for financial gain should be illegal. These people are not Christians. They at one time were Gothardites and have always worshipped at the altar of their own paternal fathers. Every time I hear the word Jesus come out of one of their mouths, it makes me ragey.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I think jerks like these do more to turn people away from Christianity than anything else.  Keep up the good work assholes.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I think jerks like these do more to turn people away from Christianity than anything else.  Keep up the good work assholes.

Funny but also very true. So many people are so turned off by these types of Christian assholes. They are so oblivious that they have no idea that they are pushing people away from Christianity.

• Upvote 13

Showing up armed with badges and ignoring established entities already on the ground instead of asking how they could be of help reeks of arrogant great-white-savior complex and frankly, asshole-ism. 

It also means they ignored all of the institutional knowledge and protocol with a belief that they know best, meaning that some people in desperate need of assistance didn't receive it. 

• Upvote 25

4 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I was so angry at Anna's awful 'Trump 2020' post that I almost wrote to her thanking her and her community, as an atheist, for doing so much to create new atheists/ex-Christians. But I know these people love to feel persecuted, so I just ended up finally unfollowing them all on Instagram. 

• Upvote 26

So it looks like MedicorpsCorps is no longer soliciting donations online.  Were they denied non-profit status?  Or are they just taking a tactical pause until they do?  Maybe the real MediCorps got pissed?

The stupid thing is, if they had just thought this through a more, actually came up with a real marketing campaign, and employed some basic PR skills, they could have made it work.  Oh, and something about not being jackasses in a disaster zone.

So this is one more example of Duggar half-assery.  I can't wait for them to open the RV park...?

• Upvote 16
  • Thank You 4

23 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

So it looks like MedicorpsCorps is no longer soliciting donations online.  Were they denied non-profit status?  Or are they just taking a tactical pause until they do?  Maybe the real MediCorps got pissed?

The stupid thing is, if they had just thought this through a more, actually came up with a real marketing campaign, and employed some basic PR skills, they could have made it work.  Oh, and something about not being jackasses in a disaster zone.

So this is one more example of Duggar half-assery.  I can't wait for them to open the RV park...?

Yeah, they seem to have disabled the "give" link. Before that, it was quite shrewd in saying donations would "support the team," not any actual effort. Duggars and Bates are the "team." Sweet Jebus I hope there is some way they got in trouble.
But they still say they do things like "Train and equip hospital staff bring up the level of care to first world standards." Guess Doctors without Borders can disband now; everything is in the good hands of the highly trained Arkansas constabulary.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 1

20 hours ago, patsymae said:

Yeah, they seem to have disabled the "give" link. Before that, it was quite shrewd in saying donations would "support the team," not any actual effort. Duggars and Bates are the "team." Sweet Jebus I hope there is some way they got in trouble.
But they still say they do things like "Train and equip hospital staff bring up the level of care to first world standards." Guess Doctors without Borders can disband now; everything is in the good hands of the highly trained Arkansas constabulary.

Ha! That reminds me of the stupid excuse JB and Michelle used years ago when Josie had her seizure and people were asking them why they left the country and left Josie in the hands of teenagers. Parents of the Year claim they were their for some adoption emergency. God knows if El Salvador had an adoption emergency they'd bypass all the countries and organizations of the world to go straight to two idiots an Arkansas who won't even take care of their own kids for help.

• Upvote 11

These people are selfish. I'm disappointed that John is involved with this...scam. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

14 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

These people are selfish. I'm disappointed that John is involved with this...scam. 

JD is basically the family good guy. You can always rely on him for help. I bet he took on that role after Josh’s first of many issues. Since his older brother is a POS, he had to step up to the plate and it seems like he will do about anything for his family. Even the most moronic stuff. Like this whole fiasco.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

JD is basically the family good guy. You can always rely on him for help. I bet he took on that role after Josh’s first of many issues. Since his older brother is a POS, he had to step up to the plate and it seems like he will do about anything for his family. Even the most moronic stuff. Like this whole fiasco.

That's why I am disappointed in him most of all, I didn't expect this from John. JimBob, Josh, even Josiah, but not John. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

I can't believe I am saying this but I am a little surprised by the armed commandeering of supplies. Being generally useless in a disaster area and bragging in a very un-Christlike manner, I am not at all surprised by. Flat out armed robbery?! Yeah, way to tie J-Rod's funeral selfie for being flat-out monsters instead of settling for completely useless. 

• Upvote 19

James Lea is now posting on Pickles’ page; Pickles has posted something claiming there was fisticuffs between James Lea and a MEDICcorpser, but the video was deleted. James Lea says that is fabricated. 

:popcorn2:

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8

16 hours ago, bal maiden said:

James Lea is now posting on Pickles’ page; Pickles has posted something claiming there was fisticuffs between James Lea and a MEDICcorpser, but the video was deleted. James Lea says that is fabricated. 

:popcorn2:

Pickled is so fn lame.  She deleted everything and said James was being aggressive.  So, I couldn't read any of it to see for myself.  That's ok, I wholeheartedly trust Pickled is right and this is in all our best interests. /s

That woman sucks! 

• Upvote 7

Their website says they are still pending 501(c)3 status. Can you ask for donations while your status is pending?

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Medic Corps, a Duggar-Bates Totally Legitimate Humanitarian Organization
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic