IGNORED

Medic Corps, a Duggar-Bates Totally Legitimate Humanitarian Organization

bal maiden

I’m reading the MEDIC corps website, and to me it has Josh’s hand all over it. Anyone remember his cringeworthy “Strategic Political Services”? The bad acronyms, bad writing, and lack of any real substance ring a bell for me! Particularly the bit where the website outlines the meaning of ‘medical’, ‘evacuation’, etc.; I’m pretty sure Josh’s SPS website did that exact same thing. 

Interestingly, their website actually says that all the donations go to the staff, rather than actually to the people in need: 

all donated funds and charitable gifts go directly to provide supplies and resources for our Medic Corps volunteer staff as they serve those in need.

Not sure if that is poor writing, or sleight of hand....

Also, their instagram claims to be ‘NEMA approved’, but as far as I can tell, the National Emergency Management Association (a professional membership and forum, rather than a certifying organization) does not issue ‘approved’ status, so I’m not quite sure what that is meant to mean. Nothing about it on the MC very barebones website. 

So, yeah. It all seems totally legit...

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 13
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 21

Not to mention soliciting donations when your non-profit status is ‘pending’...’we are currently a for-profit enterprise, please send us 20k, praise Jeebus!’

• Upvote 25
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Under the current project in the Philippines, is says 

"Implement Chaplaincy program in the hospital"

Isn't healthcare free there because majority of the hospital are government run? I don't think you can do that.  I know there is a very beautiful private Catholic and a birthing centers (again Catholic).

• Upvote 11

Do they include reasons for why they feel the need to carry guns and badges in a lame attempt to impersonate police officers? What does that have to do with clean up exactly?

I really hope they don't get away with this. 

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

43 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Do they include reasons for why they feel the need to carry guns and badges in a lame attempt to impersonate police officers? What does that have to do with clean up exactly?

I really hope they don't get away with this. 

Why, it helps them to 'commandeer' food and resources, of course! And of course they're above Bahamian law, because: Jesus and White Saviour complex...

On the website update on the Bahamas, they claim to have dispatched 'Emergency Trauma Medical Doctors'. Not sure which of the Duggars or Bates went to med school and then spent years qualifying in trauma medicine, but I want to congratulate Jim Bob and Michelle on the success of their homeschooling programme, since trauma med is quite a step up from a GED!

September 5, 2019

THANK YOU for your donations! MEDIC has dispatched trained medical professionals ranging from firefighters & EMTs to Emergency Trauma Medical Doctors to the Bahamas. All donated funds are 100% supporting the relief effort of our all-volunteer team serving needs on the ground right now. Medical Evacuation Disaster Intervention Corps is a non-profit organization based in the USA with IRS 501(c)3 pending status.

Who do the Duggars/Bates know in Pennsylvania? The number listed to contact MEDIC corps on the website is a PA number, despite the PO box being in Springdale, AR.

edit - it's Shaun Sizemore's, who, according to the MEDIC corps press release is the admin/contact person. Shaun Sizemore is a pharmaceutical sales dude, recently relocated to Knoxville TN, but previously in PA. Have we come across this guy in connection with our fundies before? 

Edited by bal maiden
  • Upvote 17
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 5

According to the Arkansas Secretary of State website, MEDIC corps was incorporated as an LLC on Dec 31st, 2018 by John David Duggar, Nathan Bates, and someone called Esli Gollapalli. John David also created an LLC called MEDIC Choppers in Feb 2019. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 14.50.23.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 14.50.13.png

Edited by bal maiden
wrong screenshot
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 15

So is this supposed to be a first responder organisation? A foreign aid charity? I don’t get it.

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

Another group that could potentially get the message of their ill-deeds in the Bahamas is the folks behind the website “nowhitesaviors”.

As far as I know, they’re a group of fed up Ugandans sick of white evangelicals constantly showing up in their country to “help the poor sad sack Africans.” (I’m being facetious here just to be clear!) They’re sharply critical of the type of Duggar/Bates shenanigans in the Bahamas, and they have a large insta following. They helped expose Renee Bach, a.k.a. The chick that thought her homeschool education allowed her to pretend to be a doctor and experiment on kids.

Edited by kittenesque
  • Upvote 26
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 7

3 minutes ago, clueliss said:

There's an Esli Gollaplli who is a doc in michigan

Yes, I was just googling around this. Perhaps he is the aforementioned trauma doctor. He is a DO. Wonder what the Duggar/Bates connection is there?

• Upvote 5

There's an Esli Gollaplli who is a doc in michigan

Apparently he has 2 offices in MI, 1 in FL, 1 in KY, and 1 in IL. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say he's probably somehow associated with IBLP

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, unsafetydancer said:

So is this supposed to be a first responder organisation? A foreign aid charity? I don’t get it.

The lack of clearly defined scope is just one item in a long list that serves as a tip off that this is amateur hour.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

@bal maiden - you know that is sort of what that Blind Item at CDAN was implying (posted in the John David thread)

Is there more evidence to this (pictures, etc)? It would be great to post to photographic evidence of them doing what Crazy Days & Nights says to the reporter's page that got them chick-fil-a.

BTW - if chick-fil-a cold send down sandwiches for a dozen or so people, why couldn't they send cases of frozen chicken with turkey fryers so the volunteers could fry chicken for hundreds of people that need help? But that discussion is probably for another time/thread. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

Dr. Gollipalli was a speaker at an Alive Conference. I'm at work so not going to listen (for now) but feel free!

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Now that this has its own thread I would like to add the BEC comment that 

Medical, Evacuation, Disaster, Intervention, Corps Corps 

Is the dumbest name. You can't use a word in your acronym and then say it again. It's just lazy. 

You don't hear Canadian journalists saying the NDP (new democratic party) Party. 

• Upvote 11
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 5

27 minutes ago, LacyMay said:

Is the dumbest name. You can't use a word in your acronym and then say it again. It's just lazy. 

You don't hear Canadian journalists saying the NDP (new democratic party) Party. 

Many Americans will ask for your "SSN number" for various reason. We don't need the word number it is already stated in the Social Security Number, but it is asked anyway. 

I always remind people of what the very wise George Carlin once said. "Think of how stupid the average person is, and remember that 1/2 the world is stupider than them." 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 23

46 minutes ago, LacyMay said:

Well, ‘Medicorps’ is already taken, and thinking up a different name is just too hard!! Or, more cynically, you’re less likely to be mistaken for a legit organisation and may not get as many donations...

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, LacyMay said:

Like ATMOS System, for my Dr. Who buddies out there.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Medic Corps, a Duggar-Bates Totally Legitimate Humanitarian Organization
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic