IGNORED

Medic Corps, a Duggar-Bates Totally Legitimate Humanitarian Organization

bal maiden

They are going to get people killed one day.  These arrogant fundie assholes don't take orders, and that is something you have to do as a first responder.  You can't go rogue during disaster relief.  You are creating more problems than doing good.

I want this organization and all of the people associated with it investigated, especially after what happened in the Bahamas.  I believe the man who came forward and reported what they did.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

https://mediccorps.org/

MEDIC CORPS is 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization with the IRS and all donations are tax deductible in the USA.   Visit our Giving Page for more information.

Nonprofit corporations must submit their financial statements, which include the salaries of directors, officers and key employees to the IRS on Form 990 as mentioned above. Both the IRS and the nonprofit corporation are required to disclose the information they provide on Form 990 to the public.

So there should be somewhere to view this as a member of the public.  I'm googling.

Edit - that was easy  https://www.guidestar.org/search

scam.JPG

5 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

So there should be somewhere to view this as a member of the public.  I'm googling.

scam.JPG

I used up my free views and I don't want to register with a free account.  If anyone else can info in the salaries tab and wants to post that would be fabulous...but clearly no one is earning a living with this vanity project.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

They look good on "paper" (i.e., their website) but I'm like, What do they ACTUALLY DO? 

The Philippines project sounds advanced, but the other part is sort of, We fly around and are preachy.  Give us all your money. 

• Upvote 7

By comparison, THESE are the professionals (Missouri Task Force 1) called into action to go to Kentucky 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 3

The sad thing is that some of them have skills that could be useful in a situation like this, but they would rather parade around for the cameras with their badges and guns than actually do any work. It seems like the Bateses' tree business equipment and skills could be helpful in removing downed trees/debris if they were willing to take direction from authorities and do actual manual labor. But that's not glamorous or fun so I can't see them doing that.  

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 10

37 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

The sad thing is that some of them have skills that could be useful in a situation like this, but they would rather parade around for the cameras with their badges and guns than actually do any work. It seems like the Bateses' tree business equipment and skills could be helpful in removing downed trees/debris if they were willing to take direction from authorities and do actual manual labor. But that's not glamorous or fun so I can't see them doing that.  

Also…for adults, they have a lot of free time as well as disposable income. Why don’t they put the work into securing some legitimate licensing or trade? Kelton is a plumber and Evan is studying to be an electrician, and there are some pilots in the group. Why don’t they all select and a hone a skill? It’s like all they want is glory and attention without doing any of the work. It’s fantasy land thinking. And whichever one is shown working on teeth, needs to stop.

• Upvote 14

22 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

scam.JPG

I used up my free views and I don't want to register with a free account.  If anyone else can info in the salaries tab and wants to post that would be fabulous...but clearly no one is earning a living with this vanity project.

I work for a non-profit and have access to Guidestar, so I looked it up.

1. The most recent 990 form that they have on file is from 2019 (that's not unusual! 2020 just hasn't been added yet).

2. They brought in $23,868 that year.

3. JD is listed as COO, Nathan Bates is listed as Chief Business Officer, and an Esli Gollapalli is the Chief Medical Officer.

4. According to the form, no one was compensated and no salary was listed.

An interesting detail is that this was the year that they went to the Bahamas and they listed $9,169 in foreign grants. I wonder if they grifted some money while they were down there? It doesn't list a source of the funds.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 21

@SisterMom thanks for the information. I think 2019 would be their first year of filing? They are now ‘working with the government of the Philippines’ so I imagine they are getting money there and they are providing aircraft which presumably they purchase with funds and use for themselves.

Newlywed Esther is posing with them in Kentucky- between her and Lawson the competition for any mirrors must be stiff.

Jana is not there with them this time….

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

So alert actually do do courses which allow people (men) to take exams after and be qualified EMTs, fire people and rescue people.

https://alertacademy.com/alert/

My take on medic corps is that its a bunch of alert graduates who may actually have some useful skills, but instead of knuckling down and helping do actual work, are busy grandstanding and preaching and getting in the way.

They probably could be useful if they listened and went they were told, and did what they're told.  But they won't do that, so they'll be dangerous knob heads instead.

• Upvote 6

My problem with medic corps is that instead of volunteering to help established organisations, they want to be their own bosses  and an important part of their mission is ministry in their brand of Christianity- and they are asking for donations which would probably be better spent elsewhere. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

WORK IS A 4 LETTER WORD to these people.

Beyond irresponsible procreation, the next well honed skill they do have is getting by without working.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

My problem with medic corps is that instead of volunteering to help established organisations, they want to be their own bosses  and an important part of their mission is ministry in their brand of Christianity- and they are asking for donations which would probably be better spent elsewhere. 

Yes. This is has always troubled me about their trips to the Philippines - it is associated with an IBLP/ATI center - you can see the children doing their programming in the background. So awful.

We had close family friends growing up who fell into IBLP and ATI. After high school he got his taxidermy certificate and did ALERT. It always sounded like a sales pitch when they described it. Anyway he went on to join the actual army, ditched the cult, and, along with the other brother who went into the military, is estranged from his family.

I think whatever ALERT started as, it has become a way to do the things they say they value without actually engaging the evil world. Training to be an actual EMT means close contact with coworkers of different belief systems. Going to the actual army means exposure to ungodliness. For all their talk about serving, I don’t think ATI families will raise up their arrows to send them off to other organizations. I’ll be surprised if the Bates boy who wants to enlist is actually permitted. Even Zach ultimately left police force when it got too far afield. Better funnel them all to ALERT and Medicorps.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

WORK IS A 4 LETTER WORD to these people.

Beyond irresponsible procreation, the next well honed skill they do have is getting by without working.

Working for other people. The parents put their kids to work for the family (read: the parents) constantly.

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

Yes. This is has always troubled me about their trips to the Philippines - it is associated with an IBLP/ATI center - you can see the children doing their programming in the background. So awful.

We had close family friends growing up who fell into IBLP and ATI. After high school he got his taxidermy certificate and did ALERT. It always sounded like a sales pitch when they described it. Anyway he went on to join the actual army, ditched the cult, and, along with the other brother who went into the military, is estranged from his family.

I think whatever ALERT started as, it has become a way to do the things they say they value without actually engaging the evil world. Training to be an actual EMT means close contact with coworkers of different belief systems. Going to the actual army means exposure to ungodliness. For all their talk about serving, I don’t think ATI families will raise up their arrows to send them off to other organizations. I’ll be surprised if the Bates boy who wants to enlist is actually permitted. Even Zach ultimately left police force when it got too far afield. Better funnel them all to ALERT and Medicorps.

Working for other people. The parents put their kids to work for the family (read: the parents) constantly.

Which leads to another odd behavior by these folks: so they treat kids like adults, by giving them responsibilities that out pace their maturation and intellect, yet once these kids are grown and near adults, they withhold age appropriate freedoms and experiences, thus stunting them for real world success and survival. So, so odd.

FWIW, I don’t think the parents actually train them to do anything the right, correct or complete way. It’s all short cuts and hacks and whatever is easy. I also think there is very little follow through by the parents. How does anyone learn how to do things throughly or completely if there is no parental check or guidance? Answer, they don’t.

Did anyone see the post on Reddit where toddler Hannie carries baby JGM outside and dumps her into the red wagon?  Literally dumps her head first into the wagon. JC what kind of parent or caregiver or sister mom allows that? I wondered who filmed it.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

Which leads to another odd behavior by these folks: so they treat kids like adults, by giving them responsibilities that out pace their maturation and intellect, yet once these kids are grown and near adults, they withhold age appropriate freedoms and experiences, thus stunting them for real world success and survival. So, so odd.

FWIW, I don’t think the parents actually train them to do anything the right, correct or complete way. It’s all short cuts and hacks and whatever is easy. I also think there is very little follow through by the parents. How does anyone learn how to do things throughly or completely if there is no parental check or guidance? Answer, they don’t.

Did anyone see the post on Reddit where toddler Hannie carries baby JGM outside and dumps her into the red wagon?  Literally dumps her head first into the wagon. JC what kind of parent or caregiver or sister mom allows that? I wondered who filmed it.

I saw that.  That clip should have ended with the camera being dropped and the person filming running to see if the baby was okay while telling Hannie no.  

• I Agree 5

On 12/12/2021 at 3:51 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

scam.JPG

Thank you. I looked at the "Who we are" interesting that Nathan Bates and John David are the least educated (by far) of the entire crew and Nathan is the COO and John David is the business director. 2 of the doctors are from Michigan and 1 from Texas and 2 of the 3 are women. The mental gymnastics to allow some women to get advanced degrees but not women in your own beliefs. So weird. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Thank you. I looked at the "Who we are" interesting that Nathan Bates and John David are the least educated (by far) of the entire crew and Nathan is the COO and John David is the business director. 2 of the doctors are from Michigan and 1 from Texas and 2 of the 3 are women. The mental gymnastics to allow some women to get advanced degrees but not women in your own beliefs. So weird. 

I bet they think it's resume padding, if they ever contemplated getting a real job.  I'd love to see their cover letters for executive positions based on this!

Little kids play house, grown up fundy men play business.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

17 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Newlywed Esther is posing with them in Kentucky- between her and Lawson the competition for any mirrors must be stiff.

Jana is not there with them this time….

I think that one of the boys to the left is a Hartono kid (don't remember his name). And is that Jeremiah on the right? 

ED9F6A78-1982-46EF-BEA2-00FEC0C4BF05_1_201_a.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

23 minutes ago, xenobia said:

I think that one of the boys to the left is a Hartono kid (don't remember his name). And is that Jeremiah on the right? 

L to R: Elijah Kaneshiro, Jackson Bates, ???, Esther Bates (nee Keyes), Nathan Bates, ???, Lawson Bates, Jeremiah Duggar

I *think* the two unknown women in are Alia Kerr & Corrin Perry, but I'm not 100%

Edited by LanaBanana
  • Thank You 5

34 minutes ago, xenobia said:

I think third from left might be the Hartono sister? Maybe?

Esther, a disaster zone is not the place for leggings and cute sneakers. You want steel cap ones at least. And pants with 1000000 pockets and reinforced knees. Says a female who did the very, very, very basic introduction into disaster assistance as a teenager. You will still be useless, but won’t step on the first nail in a broken piece of wood and then need medical attention yourself 🤦‍♀️

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 6

23 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

I think third from left might be the Hartono sister? Maybe?

No, that’s not Jenny Hartono. 

• I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Anna Bolinas said:

But why is Lawson standing with his legs spread so far apart...

Maybe due to limited bathroom facilities there was a choice between styling his hair and using the loo and he made his choice.

• Haha 14

2 hours ago, Anna Bolinas said:

But why is Lawson standing with his legs spread so far apart...

That's to show what a "manly man" he is. A lot of them stand like that, if you look at some photos they are all trying to out-man each other.

They obviously don't realise that they look like a toddler with a dirty nappy!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 14

• Coconut Flan locked this topic