IGNORED

Medic Corps, a Duggar-Bates Totally Legitimate Humanitarian Organization

bal maiden

11 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Not to be rude...but there are communities in the states that could use some help RIGHT NOW. I hate to believe they are just showing off because they are famous, but sure looks like they are putting on a show for us and not God. Walking around wearing guns...sounds like trying to scare people into thinking they're badass. Where I grew up, a kid could slip those guns right off that belt. 

I honestly think this is a way to both spread their influence and employ multiple sons. They can legally spend a fair amount of donations on salaries, and know they won’t be transparent to their donors on just how much. They’ll only reveal enough to satisfy the IRS.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

I wonder if they are trying to make money off the commandeered items..their behavior as reported is so strange.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

It’s a wonder that someone didn’t beat the crap out of a couple of them.

Well, I imagine that's what the guns were for. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

NC needed help and they didn't show up here either. I have a feeling their "help" will be outside of the country so they can try to get away with things they couldn't here. 

NC still needs help. Zero Duggars. You're right, it's because they can't scam here. What else could it be? People are still waiting to rebuild, living in campers in their yards. We know the Duggars can build. This is some scammy bullshit!

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

NC still needs help. Zero Duggars. You're right, it's because they can't scam here. What else could it be? People are still waiting to rebuild, living in campers in their yards. We know the Duggars can build. This is some scammy bullshit!

I agree with you 100%. Also, I think “helping” internationally seems more exciting and adventurous to the involved Duggar and Bates men than going to another state. 

• Upvote 14

In my personal opinion the state of NC said it best: (From their website: https://www.nc.gov/agencies/volunteer/disaster-assistance )

Financial donations work best. However, the organizations below are accepting these items and supplying them where they are needed. DO NOT send unsolicited goods. 

In other words: Send money and stay away!

The Duggars and Batesessses might want to take note for present and future endeavours.

Edited by samurai_sarah
  • Upvote 20
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

In sailing magazines, there are at times articles about carrying guns on boats if you're cruising.  (Some cruisers do like to be armed in case they are boarded by pirates.)  You are warned, however, to leave your gun locked up on board and NOT to take it ashore in a foreign country.  The countries that cruisers are likely to visit look askance at visitors to their shores carrying a weapon.  How do these asshats get away with it?

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, samurai_sarah said:

In my personal opinion the state of NC said it best: (From their website: https://www.nc.gov/agencies/volunteer/disaster-assistance )

AGREED! Don't send Bateseses, Duggars, or the Toddler in Chief to campaign and throw paper towels at us! 

Sincerely,

NC

• Upvote 14
  • Love 6

2 hours ago, samurai_sarah said:

In other words: Send money and stay away!

The Duggars and Batesessses might want to take note for present and future endeavours.

While I generally agree, there is 2 people I am familiar with who post from a damaged area of NC.  Doesn't seem to be progressing much.  Some neighbors have helped out  but it's a kindness thing and there is only so much time and money a helping neighbor/community can do. If anyone showed up with supplies and real ability to fix their home, they would be beyond thankful.  The $20,000 the Duggars are trying to raise to intimidate the Bahamian people and gain for themselves would go pretty far combined with their skills.  These people are already Christians so, they could even worship together.  It really would be helping their own and just overall needed.  I know if I was in that situation and the donations didn't seem to reach me after a year, I'd be stoked to have real help in any form*. Shit, I'd pretend to be Christian. They will leave so, no biggie.  

It's interesting that as far as I know ( don't live there just from what residents are saying) no one is putting any blame on Trump.  For failing to provide help to one of the states that digs him the most. 

* clearly not help in the form of inexperienced people trying to rebuild my house. But, someone who does know how to build.  Which, the Duggar boys do, enough to get it done. 

• Upvote 8

I''m not sure any Duggar is someone I'd want fixing, renovating, or rebuilding my home. They all SEEM to have learned some skills, but I'm not sure they'd adhere to code or safety procedures. The same goes for them selling a used car. They SEEM to have a bit of "car fixing" skill, so why are their cars always breaking down?

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Exposedknees said:

AGREED! Don't send Bateseses, Duggars, or the Toddler in Chief to campaign and throw paper towels at us! 

Sincerely,

NC

Oh I agree. I'm in NC too and we do not need any Bates/Duggars to show up and "help" us. But it is telling that they ignored the needs close to them and only want to help out when they could fly out of the country and wave their guns and badges around. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

I''m not sure any Duggar is someone I'd want fixing, renovating, or rebuilding my home. They all SEEM to have learned some skills, but I'm not sure they'd adhere to code or safety procedures. The same goes for them selling a used car. They SEEM to have a bit of "car fixing" skill, so why are their cars always breaking down?

You're right.  I've only seen them on TV seeming to do stuff and we know they had professional help.  Sorry, just lost my damn mind!  I've been upset, as we all are, that when nature strikes our government does not really take care of us properly.  It's up to us in especially if you live in the "sticks".  It's shitty. The devastation in the Bahamas is horrible.  It's disheartening how slow help is.  So, I donate but why is some of NC still feeling this hard?  Every last United States citizen should be taken care of.  The taxes we pay, our family in the military.....  Trump is closing our borders and simultaneously not giving two shits about whose inside.  Fuck.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 13

On 9/19/2019 at 1:02 PM, Longhairedheathen said:

So the flooding is getting bad in Texas. How long til the Medicorps come to "help"

Big Sandy is a 3.5 hour drive to the area most severely impacted by flooding. 

On 9/19/2019 at 3:44 PM, samurai_sarah said:

Diarrhoea goes on and on without clean drinking water, and remedies- in a disaster zone.

And cholera is not far behind. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

On 9/19/2019 at 3:56 PM, unsafetydancer said:

So is this supposed to be a first responder organisation? A foreign aid charity? I don’t get it.

Per Lawson Bates in a recent Q&A MedicCorps is a ministry. So not a charity. If they help people in need is only with the objetive of converting them. 

• Disgust 9
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 8

44 minutes ago, llucie said:

Per Lawson Bates in a recent Q&A MedicCorps is a ministry. So not a charity. If they help people in need is only with the objetive of converting them. 

"MEDIC is a Christian organization serving in times of need and disaster, meeting the needs of people in crisis, and bringing them the hope that comes through the gospel of Jesus Christ."

"We are a team of believers in Jesus Christ, bonded together in purpose, using the highly technical skills we have been given to serve, equip and train so that as one corps of Filipino and MEDIC staff we can reach the un-reached with the help they need both physical, but more importantly spiritual."

• Upvote 4
  • Angry 4
  • Disgust 8
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 13
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

I need to get this out:

FUUUUUCCCKKKK THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!     DISGUSTING!!  I SPIT ON YOU!  

The fact they make money off tragedy makes me wish there was a hell I don't believe in. They belong there. I literally cannot believe it.  I know I should know this shite of their kind and expect it at this point but, I can't fathom it.  And, they act all holier than me because I'm not a conservative Christian extremist.  Bullshit!  I'm a thousand times better at humaning than any Duggar or Bates or Rod.  Everyone I know is!  It's not that hard, actually.  Asshats. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 7

I know this is sort of off topic but Nathan putting his arm around Jana seems kind of out of the ordinary since the Duggars seem so hands off with the opposite sex. I know their families are close but the picture made me go hmmm. 

9F7BA726-2A89-4539-A209-E5B763F43C01.jpeg

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I used to think that a Bates would never marry a Duggar, but now I’m not so sure.  Maybe Lawson was always the red herring?  Nathan and Jana seem to be pretty like-minded...and he’s JD’s partner in their for-profit charity. 

Boob has been on a spree of late trying to find other sources of dinero.  If you look at the AR Sec of State website, you’ll find the boys from Jason on up (+Jana and Anna) have their own businesses and they’re trying to make the RV park happen.  Maybe TLC told them their days are numbered and selling Jana off would be a good ending? 

If Nathana is a thing, it will be entertaining...

ETA: what if there is a Bringing Up 38 Kids and Counting in the works?!

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
A horrible thought entered my head..
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

But, what if he’s courting Laura?! I mean, he put his arm around her as well! OMG (sarcasm)

06EA29CC-7B1F-48B4-AF0D-00312EF6FCE3.jpeg

Giving away pieces of his heart left and right, that Nathan. :naughty:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 32
  • Love 2

https://starcasm.net/duggars-medic-corps-hurricane-dorian-relief-bahamas-controversy/?fbclid=IwAR294GLFId_zaGv789IpbiS47UvXNH5_tfGj_XyOBTOZZoZCOvO1umdHbKk

a few new quotes from James Lea in here. Also, pickles is quoting someone claim James Lea is a (former?) friend of the Duggars who is embittered for some reason. 

• Thank You 4

6 hours ago, patsymae said:

"We are a team of believers in Jesus Christ, bonded together in purpose, using the highly technical skills we have been given to serve, equip and train so that as one corps of Filipino and MEDIC staff we can reach the un-reached with the help they need both physical, but more importantly spiritual."

Bolding mine but can someone please tell me what "highly technical skills" they have? I mean I guess a couple of them can fly but what about the rest? What highly technical skills do Lawson or Jana have? 

• Upvote 18

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Medic Corps, a Duggar-Bates Totally Legitimate Humanitarian Organization
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic