IGNORED

Jinger 50: Making the Most of Los Angeles and Studio City

Coconut Flan

48 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Is it possible that she just has hazel eyes and particular filters make them look blue? I'm not sure I'm ready to accuse them of being obsessed with making her eyes blue. I have hazel eyes that usually look brown, but when I use a lot of Instagram filters they look blue or grey. It's just a symptom of the filter, not my intention.

Edit: I looked at the past couple dozen photos of Felicity they posted, and her eyes look blue in every single one of them. I don’t know of any Instagram filter that turn brown eyes blue. Her eyes have always looked blue to me. They’re dark, but they are blue. A lot of babies have dark blue eyes for the first couple years of their lives before they gradually turn hazel or brown. I think Felicity’s eyes are actually blue. ??‍♀️

Jinger has had a few videos on her story without a filter which you could tell that Felicity's eyes are a deep brown.

• Thank You 3

43 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Greaseball is a derogatory term for an Italian. Please don't use it. 

Oh shit I seriously had no idea. 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

The term is also used against people of Hispanic descent, but I've mainly heard it against Italians. My mom's family is part Italian and the older relatives have stories about being call that and other anti-Italian terms. 

Thank you for removing it, @onekidanddone.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

11 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Jinger has had a few videos on her story without a filter which you could tell that Felicity's eyes are a deep brown.

I mean, I guess we’ll agree to disagree. I’ve watched the videos (just watched them again for good measure) and her eyes look totally blue in all of them. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/14/2019 at 3:31 PM, VelociRapture said:

See, to me you sound like you have a decent balance in your diet. :) 

(Depression is a real monster. When those times hit you then the best you can do is just do you best to do the basics. If some days all you can do us lay in bed and eat a slice of pizza then that’s ok because you’re still eating something. Try to remember that it’s ok not to be ok and it probably won’t last forever - at some point you’ll likely start feeling more like yourself and you’ll start being more functional again. Until then just do what you can, when you can, and don’t feel bad about it later on.)

I know your response wasn't to me, but thank you for this, seriously. It was something I really needed to hear/read today.

Also you're on a fj break right now and I don't know if you'll ever even see this post. Just in case, I wanted to let you know that your ability to reach people where they are and say something comforting is something I've seen you do multiple times. I appreciate it, and I'm sure I'm not alone. This is just a thank you for being you. 

(Holy run-on sentence Batman. But I can't really think how to fix it right now so I'm going to leave it because I meant it.)

ETA: Fixed the run on sentence I think. Hopefully makes more sense now. 

Edited by JustEnough
Trying my hand at punctuation
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 17

Is the wanting her to be blue eyed a Jinger thing or is it both of them? Has she given any reason? I can't imagine filtering my kids eyes to a different colour, I mean other people will have pictures of her on their Instagrams and presumably wouldn't be filtering, so what would be the point?

I also didn't realize there were filters that could do so but I shouldn't really be surprised, there are filters for everything. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, JustEnough said:

Is the wanting her to be blue eyed a Jinger thing or is it both of them? Has she given any reason? I can't imagine filtering my kids eyes to a different colour, I mean other people will have pictures of her on their Instagrams and presumably wouldn't be filtering, so what would be the point?

I also didn't realize there were filters that could do so but I shouldn't really be surprised, there are filters for everything. 

Auj and Jeremy Roloff frequently use filters to make it look like their daughter has red hair. In photos without the filters, she is blond. 

• WTF 6
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

Auj and Jeremy Roloff frequently use filters to make it look like their daughter has red hair. In photos without the filters, she is blond. 

Uh, why? That's so odd. 

• I Agree 5

On 9/1/2019 at 10:34 PM, anjulibai said:

Greaseball is a derogatory term for an Italian. Please don't use it. 

OK, but I'm actually Italian and have never heard that. Maybe it's regional?

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

OK, but I'm actually Italian and have never heard that. Maybe it's regional?

I don't know if it's regional, but I found references to it on these sites: Part of Princeton University's siteWiktionary (part of Wikipedia), Urban Dictionary , and Your Dictionary. I think the only time I've heard it used it was used as a slur against Latinos/Latinas. (Some of the sites mention it being applied to  Hispanic people.) 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

35 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Uh, why? That's so odd. 

Probably to match her stupidly pretentious name "Ember" I don't know but those two are as odd and JinJiger in that they are all so beyond pretentious and arrogant and far to self involved.

I don't know about JinJer filtering Felicity's eyes, I'm wondering, like someone else said, if she doesn't or isn't going to have hazel eyes.  My daughters eyes went back and fourth from blue, to brown back to blue, back to brown,t hey were green for a while and the FINALLY settled on hazel when she was about 5. It is completely believable that Lissy's eyes just change back & fourth from brown to blue depending on the lighting, her mood or what she's wearing. My daughters eyes still change color but from hazel, to brown to green depending on lighting, her mood and what color she's wearing, and she's 19. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 9/1/2019 at 11:21 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I didn't know this either. 

Me neither. I’ve only ever used it on people who have greasy hair and had no idea it was used in that way. I learn so much here. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Probably to match her stupidly pretentious name "Ember" I don't know but those two are as odd and JinJiger in that they are all so beyond pretentious and arrogant and far to self involved.

I don't know about JinJer filtering Felicity's eyes, I'm wondering, like someone else said, if she doesn't or isn't going to have hazel eyes.  My daughters eyes went back and fourth from blue, to brown back to blue, back to brown,t hey were green for a while and the FINALLY settled on hazel when she was about 5. It is completely believable that Lissy's eyes just change back & fourth from brown to blue depending on the lighting, her mood or what she's wearing. My daughters eyes still change color but from hazel, to brown to green depending on lighting, her mood and what color she's wearing, and she's 19. 

I found out last week that one of my daughters listens to the Roloff's podcast. She'd gotten some tip about date night.   Anyway I was thinking "Oh for the love of Mike!  Why in Sam Hill are you listening to these two kids talk about marriage when you've been married for over 10 years?"  

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, srlm said:

Me neither. I’ve only ever used it on people who have greasy hair and had no idea it was used in that way. I learn so much here. 

Right? I’ve always thought of Professor Snape when I hear greaseball. Yikes. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, princessmahina said:

I've always heard it as derogatory against Italians. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

I thought it was a jab at anyone with a ton of gel in their hair. I never once thought it was only meant for a specific nationality. 

Jinger probably has VSCO presets specifically for bringing out the blue in Felicity's eyes. She does it all the time.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, WarriorJane said:

I've always heard it as derogatory against Italians. 

I've heard it used about people with too much hair gel, but also know it can be used as a slur against Italians in general.

It's used as an anti-Italian slur in a Simpsons episode, so it's not just an obscure regional thing. But it's also old-fashioned and somewhat obsolete, like mick or bohunk, so I wouldn't expect a lot of people to know it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

6 hours ago, princessmahina said:

I just thought it meant someone who was greasy from not bathing. Like the day my coworker and I came to work unshowered because our power was out and we couldn't get ahold of our boss (whose power was also out and he was pissed off about us trying to contact him or just in general, he was an awful dude.) . By noon we were like "ugh, i feel like a greaseball." 

• Upvote 8

On 9/3/2019 at 2:14 PM, anjulibai said:

Uh, why? That's so odd. 

Because when Audrey was pregnant all she could talk about was having little curly red headed babies with Jeremy and obviously a name like Ember constitutes  having red hair to match. Nevermind the fact that her daughter actually has straight blonde hair ?

Edited by JanasTattooParlor
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

Because when Audrey was pregnant all she could talk about was having little curly red headed babies with Jeremy and obviously a name like Ember constitutes  having red hair to match. Nevermind the fact that her daughter actually has straight blonde hair ?

Their baby also has Jeremy's face, and sometimes I swear I see Amy Roloff's face in her, which is funny!  Ember is cute, so I mean no harm saying that.  I just meant that Audrey wanted a mini-me, and she did not get that this time around.  I'm not an Audrey fan, so I was happy that little Ember is contradicting her mom's dreams.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I am far too late with this tidbit about housing and other costs of living. I do think some of you will enjoy this, though. You select your current city from a drop-down menu (or the closest area to where you live) then choose a destination city, and finally choose your income or any income. It compares the cost of living and even has a breakdown of those typical expenses. I have no idea how accurate it is, but at least you can get a fair idea of the differences throughout the USA. I live in one of the lowest COL areas and cannot fathom living in the expensive areas.

https://www.bankrate.com/calculators/savings/moving-cost-of-living-calculator.aspx

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

• Destiny locked this topic