IGNORED

Jinger 50: Making the Most of Los Angeles and Studio City

Coconut Flan

Out of interest now they are in Cali, does it have a similar law like they made for the Goeslins in their home state to protect reality tv kids. Will Felicity now be covered if so? Or will they do something dodgie like register her as a Duggar compound resident?

• Upvote 3

Pennsylvania copied the California law.  :mouse-shock:

• Upvote 7

15 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Out of interest now they are in Cali, does it have a similar law like they made for the Goeslins in their home state to protect reality tv kids. Will Felicity now be covered if so? Or will they do something dodgie like register her as a Duggar compound resident?

They’ll just hop over to NV or AZ  or AR to avoid all the rules and regs of CA.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I don’t think this will be an issue.  Due to cost and schedule, I don’t think Figure 8 will film much in CA. They’ll do one epi there (probably the recent Seewald/Jana visit) and the rest will be in AR when they come to visit. They can always film them FaceTiming each other ?.

• Upvote 6

15 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

@Palimpsest is the poster I’d consider our resident expert on this. She’s explained it in the past pretty well. I found an article that discusses the California law a bit. It’s from 2015 so it might be outdated, but here’s the link and screenshots:

5F19BA87-B498-423C-92D2-94DF1025280F.thumb.png.7dbd7d87065108465cbda654210f7428.png

Spoiler

542104D9-8882-4228-BFF2-32E40E017B54.thumb.png.2d2ea3f1e5a9dfd06ea387b70b4e95d6.png

Spoiler

7D5F8609-D444-481D-9778-81DC0CE29075.thumb.png.b3852a63e4f7da6edfaad96ff4c29d57.png

Spoiler

F3F4AD79-FECB-4B7B-A06B-53B2339284A3.thumb.png.b35cd69a581a391bb40fd5879dbfda04.png

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.etonline.com/news/160338_are_reality_shows_safe_for_kids%3famp

So California’s laws are absolutely better than nothing at all, but if that article is still accurate then it appears there’s still room for improvement. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

So California’s laws are absolutely better than nothing at all, but if that article is still accurate then it appears there’s still room for improvement. 

Yes.  CA was the first state to enact a child labor law covering children in entertainment.  Originally the "Coogan Law."  It was expanded to include children in Reality TV because of Octomom, IIRC.  It is still the strongest law in any state but needs improvements.  Especially the meager 15% of gross earnings put into a trust.

When the PA law (the Gosselin Law) first passed it was disappointing in comparison.  The bill got watered down as it went through the House and Senate.  The requirement for a teacher on set was dropped, and the allowable hours spent filming per day and week were still far too grueling.  Also, although it required a Trust Fund to be set up for the kids, parents were allowed to dip into it for education and health needs.  I wonder how much of that trust fund is left for the Gosselin kids today.  They worked for that money.

And it is also true that the Vuolos could just trot over the CA state line and film Felicity as much as they like.

16 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Pennsylvania copied the California law.  :mouse-shock:

I'm fairly sure she's Australian and can be given a break for not knowing the intricacies of Child Labor Laws in the US.  :)

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

18 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Now, I do think Jeremy negotiated with Boob about how he was compensated unlike the other husbands (more cash instead of payments-in-kind).  

Maybe, but he wouldn't be so materially better off than the other kids. First, because JimBoob is not actually bad with money. Second, it would just sow discord among the other kids. Third, there is basically no incentive for JB to do this.

But the Vuolos are living FAR beyond the means of all the other couples (maybe combined). Derick and Jill, although having purchased a home, are living fairly frugally, not travelling much and are likely supported at least in part by Cathy, who appears to have some means. Jessa and Bin are in a tiny, unremarkable house with 3 kids and aside from their Whole Foods ice cream purchases and a lot of tacos, also seem to live frugally. She redecorated her house for pennies on the dollar, she buys used clothes for her kids, she and Ben don't fly all over the country, etc. Josh and Anna live very simply. Joe and Kendra, same - tiny house on Duggar property. Josiah and Lauren are renting a small place and don't seem to be extravagant in any way. Even Joy and Austin, who legitimately are the most productive members of society out of all these clowns, live in a freaking RV (a nice one but still).

Meanwhile the Vuolos are living in one of the priciest real estate markets in the country, neither one is employed, one is a student with the costs that come with that, they eat and drink out basically constantly and while Jeremy looks like a douche most of the time, he spends good $ on his clothes. Brooks Brothers isn't expensive bespoke suits, but it's far from cheap either. To say nothing of his watches, footwear, etc. They are materialistic to their core.

• Upvote 34

They certainly live an expensive lifestyle. I think they’re probably terrible with money and have no savings. I also wonder how wealthy Jeremy’s family is.

My brother in law played professional football (soccer) for 2 or 3 years when I first met my husband. He was an off-the-bench player with no name recognition or anything, probably paid one of the lowest salaries of the team. But for a 19 year old, suddenly being paid $90K a year while he was living with his parents set up some bad money habits that are unsustainable once your sporting career is done and you’ve got no qualifications. I’ve lost count of the number of cars he’s bought with a loan or placed he’s lived for a few months before realising he “can’t afford” the rent (I.e. spends his money on luxuries first) and moving back home. He seems to have finally found his groove working in a physical labour job, moved out of Sydney to a much cheaper state and manages to pay off his mortgage these days, but he still makes some pretty poor money management decisions and relies on his parents to get him out of hot water a couple of times a year. It’s taken 12 years to get to this point. So for Jeremy, having once had money playing professional sport and then marrying a girl who spent her teen years spending TV money, I don’t hold out much hope for a savings account somewhere to cover them if a car breaks down or whatever.

• Upvote 16

I saw a video of these two crazy kids ( eyeroll) where they are asked questions from fans.  Jinger asks him what childhood movie is your favorite to show Jinger.  Jeremy Can't think of it or narrow it down. It's the hardest question ever!  Jinger tries a few times to keep it moving, suggesting they go back to it but Jeremy just keeps at it saying a bunch of nothing while loving himself.  They did mention a few movies. Which only reinforces the adult Jermey/ childlike Jinger dynamic that I find creepy af.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I doubt Jeremy made much money playing soccer since he was not a big name player, didn’t play long and didn’t play on a well known team. If Jeremy was any type of well known soccer player, he would likely never shut up about it. My guess he didn’t make the type of money which would create a nice savings account. I am sure everything they spend comes from being on TLC and the bank of Jim Bob. I would also bet these two are regularly using credit cards and creating debt. Even their rental house in Santa Clarita is likely $3,000 or so a month. If they were buying it, it would be much more. 

I honestly think they are looking for their own reality show. I can see Jeremy thinking he is going to become famous as the cool LA pastor young people flock to hear pontificate about conservative religious issues few here cares about.  The problem is he and Jinger are dull and no one in LA will ever give a flip about them. 

Edited by socalrules
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I doubt Jeremy made much money playing soccer since he was not a big name player, didn’t play long and didn’t play on a well known team. If Jeremy was any type of well known soccer player, he would likely never shut up about it.

I was gonna argue about the bolded but I just went to the Redbulls v. NYCFC game and 95% of Yankee Stadium was blue. NYCFC is a super young team but they took over as the NY team. I'm guessing for 2 reasons 1)Yankee Stadium is a hell of a lot more convienent to get to than the Redbulls Stadium in NJ. Used to go there all the time, it was a pain in the ass. and 2) Most people probably switched because they do play out of Yankee Stadium and a lot of people are Yankee fans so it's kinda like supporting their own. I'm one of those that "bandwagoned" when NYCFC started for both reasons. Almost everyone I know did too. 

Redbulls never felt like a NY team. We know they're there but they're in NJ and never really advertised. Plus NYCFC started out super strong with the signing of David Villa in its inaugural year. Drew a lot of people to watch the games.

• Upvote 2

I'm actually a huge Red Bulls fan. They are a strong team and are definitely well known in the MLS. I know the team he played on in Finland wasn't as well known, but Red Bulls are an international franchise with teams here, Germany, and Austria. Still, money in MLS is slim compared to what other professional athletes in the US make and compared to what soccer players in other parts of the world take. However, he was NOT the starting keeper, so probably made around $45-$50k/year.

Also, I have been to Yankees stadium as a Red Bull fan and it's probably the worst place to physically watch a game for a visiting fan sitting in the visitors section. In addition to the poor seats, the visiting fans got sat alone in the upper level,  and we got held back for about an hour after the game ended to be allowed to leave the stadium for fear of rival fighting. I'm not surprised that so few NYRB fans go there, it's really a hassle for someone from NJ to get to, to watch, and to leave. 

• Upvote 4

@front hugs > duggs It's always shocking when they separate the Redbulls fans from the rest of the stadium. That doesn't really happen in MSG or Barclays. As a Rangers fan, I've been to Barclays a lot, rival fighting doesn't really happen. A lot of things are said but no actual fighting. And fans are usually mixed up in the stands. 

Yankee Stadium in general as a baseball stadium isn't very good for soccer. A lot of blind spots but I can't imagine being stuck on the second level just to keep fans separated. It sounds awful. 

There's very little money in MLS. Unless you're Zlatan. I think the most amount of people I've seen in the stands was NYRB v. New England Revolution. But that's also because NY v. NE is always a rivalry. No matter the sport. 

• Upvote 4

Hobnobbing with the rich and famous in Malibu. But it doesn’t look like Simon has any idea who these 2 are.  Jeremy is friends with  a couple of past contestants and now he’s met a former judge. 

58FA669D-95F5-41BD-9C59-8E41C48B2DAD.png

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 7

I bet Jeremy was excited to tell Simon he was friends with two former contestants. Meanwhile Simon is probably as likely to have watched CO as he is the reboot of AI. 

• Upvote 11

3 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Felicity looks like she’s thinking “really, Dad?” 

Looks like Felicity could have some great facial expressions. Would love to get her together with Davis Waller!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

How would Jinger even know who he is? Simon Cowell has a child out of wedlock! ? (Well the child’s mother was married just not to Simon)

Edited by BadMurphy
  • Upvote 13

Not only that, Jeremy forgot to filter the crap out of a close-up pic of Felicity like Jinger always does. The child definitely has brown eyes. Lovely brown eyes, I don't know why Jinger is always trying to present them as being blue. 

• Upvote 9

Is it possible that she just has hazel eyes and particular filters make them look blue? I'm not sure I'm ready to accuse them of being obsessed with making her eyes blue. I have hazel eyes that usually look brown, but when I use a lot of Instagram filters they look blue or grey. It's just a symptom of the filter, not my intention.

Edit: I looked at the past couple dozen photos of Felicity they posted, and her eyes look blue in every single one of them. I don’t know of any Instagram filter that turn brown eyes blue. Her eyes have always looked blue to me. They’re dark, but they are blue. A lot of babies have dark blue eyes for the first couple years of their lives before they gradually turn hazel or brown. I think Felicity’s eyes are actually blue. ??‍♀️

Edited by singsingsing
  • Upvote 9

Removing my offense remark. I can be really clueless at times. 

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 2

• Destiny locked this topic