IGNORED

Jinger 50: Making the Most of Los Angeles and Studio City

Coconut Flan

13 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

When my youngest daughter was tiny. we had a whiteboard in the kitchen.  We also had white walls. DD did not understand why it was OK to write on the whiteboard with a marker and not the actual wall.  They were both white!  

One of her sisters has three kids: six, four and almost three.  The littlest does not have to answer for this, but I've found a number of crayon marks on the walls and even on the TV screen in the living room after they've visited.  They came for the weekend two weekends ago.  Yesterday, I saw fruit flies in the bedroom they occupied.  I wondered what attracted them.  Today I found out. One of the kids was eating in there and left a cup with some fruit and crap in it.  I could identify a cherry, but I don't know what the other shit was.  Is it bad that I want them to stay in a hotel the next time they're in town?

I sometimes think adult kids revert back to kids themselves when they visit their parents’ homes. It can be exhausting!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

18 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

When my youngest daughter was tiny. we had a whiteboard in the kitchen.  We also had white walls. DD did not understand why it was OK to write on the whiteboard with a marker and not the actual wall.  They were both white!  

One of her sisters has three kids: six, four and almost three.  The littlest does not have to answer for this, but I've found a number of crayon marks on the walls and even on the TV screen in the living room after they've visited.  They came for the weekend two weekends ago.  Yesterday, I saw fruit flies in the bedroom they occupied.  I wondered what attracted them.  Today I found out. One of the kids was eating in there and left a cup with some fruit and crap in it.  I could identify a cherry, but I don't know what the other shit was.  Is it bad that I want them to stay in a hotel the next time they're in town?

OMG !! I'm cringing at the last part. How the hell didn't they realize there was fruit left in the room? That's not ok. My bff just doesn't even notice it anymore. I don't go over there often. So gross.

• Upvote 2

Jinger put up a poll on IG asking who Felicity resembles. The 75% of people who think she looks like Jinger need to have their eyes examined because that child is a Jeremy clone.

Jeremy is that kid in high school or college who has to sit outside in an extremely high foot-traffic area reading Finnegan's Wake or One Hundred Years of Solitude so that all the passerby can marvel at how SMART he is.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 24

So I saw this this morning under the Jinger eating a donut picture. Apparently it was in the comments. I don't recall it being discussed yet. My apologies if it was.  Instagram users can you verify? 

In the comments:

"You and Jinger should have a show where all y'all do is try & taste delicious new foods!!" one fan wrote in the comments. The message was liked more than 300 times, which was more than enough to catch Jeremy's attention.

"I agree. Let’s sit down w/ [TLC]," Jeremy replied."

https://popculture.com/reality-tv/2019/08/23/counting-on-star-jinger-duggar-husband-jeremy-vuolo-wants-own-tlc-series/

• Sad 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 5

Sounds like a great idea. Jeremy can describe food using big, intellectual words incorrectly and Jinger and stare off into space and nod "right, baaaabe?"

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 22

Seen on a non-Duggar reddit sub this morning - there's a band called Jinjer.  Kind of metal and you'll find the name of the song pretty funny given Jeremy's future profession (Judgement and Punishment).  

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5

20 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I sometimes think adult kids revert back to kids themselves when they visit their parents’ homes. It can be exhausting!

I agree with this. Even as an adult with a kid and responsibilities on my own, the second i go home and my older brothers are there too, immediately i'm the baby who has nothing of importance to say & my parenting is not respected. Everything about me is of no importance because they are older, and bigger & are "more adult" then i'll ever be.

It's BS. There's no outgrowing "being the baby". Even if you act like the adult you are "it's still cute" ?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 5

On 8/22/2019 at 3:20 PM, OyToTheVey said:

OMG !! I'm cringing at the last part. How the hell didn't they realize there was fruit left in the room? That's not ok. My bff just doesn't even notice it anymore. I don't go over there often. So gross.

My daughter and the kids did leave fairly early (9-ish) to head back to Memphis.  She did have a lot of things to pack up so I can see how she didn't catch the cup sitting there.  I'll have to tell her the next time they come that the kids can have their cups of water in the bedroom if they must, but there is to be NO FOOD in the bedrooms.  Food is to be eaten at the table and yes, dear you need to clean up after the kids.  Clean the table and the floor as the dogs don't do a good enough job. I can get the dishes.  The kids are old enough to learn a few manners.  

• Upvote 9

On 8/21/2019 at 4:19 AM, MargaretElliott said:

@tabitha2 Why not both?

https://www.yourchoicenutrition.com/green-pancakes/

To be honest I've never tried these (just googled it now), so I don't know if they taste really spinach-y, but it might be a cool idea for sneaking greens into a picky kid's diet.

I make “veggie pancakes” on a semi-regular basis. It’s regular milk-egg-flour (wholemeal) pancake mix, plus 1 or 2 of either spinach, carrot, sweet potato or zucchini, grated, and usually some grated cheese. Serve with a dollop of sour cream.

As long as you’re not associating the word “pancakes” with sugar and maple syrup all the time and expecting a sweet dish, they’re pretty yum.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

As an FJ member and NYer, I’m just letting y’all know I’m at the NYCFC v. New York Redbulls ( I’m a NYCFC fan). I don’t even know if Robles is playing lol I don’t see him. But disclaimer: I’m slightly buzzed. Too many beers. Too many screaming New Yorkers. Too many WTFs.

Update: it is Robles that’s playing. And I put on my glasses. And stopped having beers  

??‍♀️

Edited by OyToTheVey
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 7
  • Love 4

These two are the least frugal people I'm aware of, and I frankly know a lot of very wealthy people.

They eat out constantly. They have coffee out constantly. They do nothing aside from Counting On - they don't have their own show, neither pulls in any sort of a salary and on top of it, Jeremy is a student. Their house is much larger than they need, nevermind the expense.

Are they saving anything? Building up a pension plan? Investing in the stock market? Trying to build up wealth?

Lazy as fuck and living the high life. I really don't get it. 

• Upvote 11
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 9

44 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

These two are the least frugal people I'm aware of, and I frankly know a lot of very wealthy people.

They eat out constantly. They have coffee out constantly. They do nothing aside from Counting On - they don't have their own show, neither pulls in any sort of a salary and on top of it, Jeremy is a student. Their house is much larger than they need, nevermind the expense.

Are they saving anything? Building up a pension plan? Investing in the stock market? Trying to build up wealth?

Lazy as fuck and living the high life. I really don't get it. 

Come on now, he did crack open that Greek book. Otherwise, ITA. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

On 8/23/2019 at 4:24 PM, Cheetah said:

Seen on a non-Duggar reddit sub this morning - there's a band called Jinjer.  Kind of metal and you'll find the name of the song pretty funny given Jeremy's future profession (Judgement and Punishment).  

Finally caught up. Just in time to say: I saw a poster advertising this band having a show in my new city while driving to the store with hubby. I got all excited and pointed it out to him. Ya'll, he got it right away despite never having watched the show. (I love that man.)

• Love 3

I'm interested to see how Jeremy- now describing himself as a

" foodie" is going to integrate his "food blogging" into his"ministry"??.....probably something about loaves and fishes???????

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13

The caption on this one is funny. Do you think she’s trolling us? ?

AD42E28D-FC68-4C65-A245-CF4273256484.png

Edited by justmy2cents

These two think far too much of themselves. I wonder how couples like the Vuolo's and The Rolof's tolerate each other does pretension  accept others pretension or does it object to because it devalues their own self importance?  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I’m a bit late to the party, but wanted to add: one of the best parents I know was super detached when the kid was a baby. It wasn’t until the kid was about two that the parent seemed to come alive. Funny how that has caused them to be “one and done.” Unlike Michelle, this couple realized going through the baby stage again was not a good idea for them.

Makes me wonder how many qf’ers hate the newborn stage. I know handing newborns off to older kids happens because there are simply too many kids, but it’s sad to think many are just popping them out because it’s what they “should” do rather than what they really love doing (a la Michelle). 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Just popping in again to mention that I think they're the absolute worst. It's impossible for me to not be full BEC with anything remotely pertaining to them. Jinger is as empty headed as possible, definitely pumped up her own celebrity importance by Jeremy who is so full of himself and his own vapid self-centeredness that I just can't stomach them.

Also I can't make the math work on two unemployed people who can somehow afford any and everything. Jinger's pay for pray videos aren't even chipping the iceberg for their lifestyle. Either Derick Dillard is lying about what TLC pays the cast members or the Vuolos definitely have their own kind of deal. 

Also, sod off Jeremy, as the least interesting cast members on the world's most boring reality show, you definitely can't carry a show about you doing anything. I mean you can try, but I would aggressively not watch that. I dislike them both so intensely I don't even think I could hate watch them at this point.

Jinger is a stepford wife. 

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Ok, I needed to go on. I don't like Jinger's whole deal where she continues to make money off being in an uber religious, skirt wearing, quiverfull fundamentalist family while obviously no longer aligning with those beliefs but never saying anything differently about her beliefs (I mean Jeremy's) and what she agrees with or disagrees with. She just keeps profiting off their celebrity status and family name, pushing their cult agenda when she's obviously no longer living that way herself and that, ladies and gentlemen, is what makes her worse to me even than the rest of them. At least they have the audacity to live how they believe, and not just use it to make money off people who think the Duggar family is spiritually superior to them. Jinger however just wants your money and isn't even pretending she cares about how she gets it. 

Edited by lizzybee
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

Just popping in again to mention that I think they're the absolute worst. It's impossible for me to not be full BEC with anything remotely pertaining to them. Jinger is as empty headed as possible, definitely pumped up her own celebrity importance by Jeremy who is so full of himself and his own vapid self-centeredness that I just can't stomach them.

Also I can't make the math work on two unemployed people who can somehow afford any and everything. Jinger's pay for pray videos aren't even chipping the iceberg for their lifestyle. Either Derick Dillard is lying about what TLC pays the cast members or the Vuolos definitely have their own kind of deal. 

Also, sod off Jeremy, as the least interesting cast members on the world's most boring reality show, you definitely can't carry a show about you doing anything. I mean you can try, but I would aggressively not watch that. I dislike them both so intensely I don't even think I could hate watch them at this point.

Jinger is a stepford wife. 

Dear Jeremy

- In terms of the highlighted above, you having a reality TV show would require you to do something, anything, of interest to a broad audience of consumers. The only reason that the current show even exists is because JB and M had too many kids to independently support, and were the first parents willing to sell their own kids’ private moments, experiences and anonymity away for easy cash.   Think about that for just a moment...then get a job and start supporting your family, break the link and do better.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

I just don't buy this "they're making a shitload of money because they were so brilliant as to negotiate their own, extremely fabulous deal." For a few reasons. First, Jeremy is dim and Jinger is beyond stupid. There is no way these two have an iota of business sense required to negotiate complicated corporate contracts. That leaves us with only one other possibility - that they hired counsel, but again, given that this is my life's work, I would point out a few things. First, they would not have the funds nor the brains to actually engage counsel approaching anything of the level of corporate counsel that TLC would have. Second, they are not a big enough draw for TLC to radically change their approach to contracts. Generally speaking, it would be more like "take it or leave it." We are not talking about celebrities bringing any sort of cash or attention to TLC, so this notion that they would command the sort of gravitas necessary to walk away with a pot of gold while dumb, naive TLC is just left thanking the Lord that they signed the dotted line is, plainly put, absurd.

So they may have a separate contract from whatever JimBob negotiated, but it would be for a fraction of the compensation of the main contract. We have no way of knowing what the Duggars were pulling in, but the internets suggest $25K-$40K per episode. By my count, Jeremy was featured in 64 episodes, give or take, but 20 of those were prior to him marrying Jinger. Let's assume they renegotiated a contract immediately following the wedding, that leaves us with 44 episodes. Let's even assume that TLC was paying $40K/episode to JimBob - there is no way they are going to pay that for just Jeremy and Jinger. They are a minor component of the show (Jessa/Ben, Joe/Kendra, Joy/Austin, Josiah/Lauren, JD/Abbie all being featured + the remaining single kids). But ok, let's assume TLC generously paid them $10K-$20K per episode. We are therefore talking about $440K-$880K in total to this point. I am discounting Jeremy's prior income as it would frankly be immaterial and he's unemployed now. Subject to tax, and you come up with less. These are NOT wealthy people by any means but spend like drunken sailors on a house nicer and bigger than they need, not to mention seemingly consuming 90% of their meals out, attending a million soccer games, traveling and so on. 

They are dumb and bad with money.

• Upvote 17

I honestly don't think JinJer have a separate contract.  My guess is that the 50 page questionnaire included a question about him being OK with Boob paying him.  There's no way he'd let Jeremy, who does/did have alternate source of income and at least some drive, to be completely outside his influence.  Now, I do think Jeremy negotiated with Boob about how he was compensated unlike the other husbands (more cash instead of payments-in-kind).  But in the end, Jeremy does his trained monkey dance and he gets paid.  

I also think he is either 1) working part time at the Masters Seminary and being paid for that work, or 2) receiving a reduced cost education in exchange for working part time.  He's not a typical MS student...he is very chummy with MS-related people, to include John MacArthur, and they visited several times while they were still living in Laredo.  Maybe they thought his 'celebrity' status would raise the school's profile?

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

• Destiny locked this topic