IGNORED

Jinger 50: Making the Most of Los Angeles and Studio City

Coconut Flan

@VelociRapture My diet is balanced until the depression takes over. Problem is sometimes it becomes weeks of eating absolute crap, then feeling horrible about it (cue further spiralling). 

Depression really is a monster.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 28

4 hours ago, indianabones said:

Can someone recap their latest videos so I don't have to watch them? ?

I can recap them in one word: boring! Nothing new was learned about them and we got to listen to Jeremy repeat himself multiple times while explaining what they believe. For someone in seminary who used to preach, he wasn’t very articulate and did not go very in depth about their beliefs other than they believe Jesus is the messiah. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 4

The photo itself isn't what I would post (a little too filtered, and some weird angles) but it seems pretty tasty and healthy. I would add more garlic, but that's personal preference. 

I've always marveled at the Duggar's diet and how the next generation's habits change or stay the same. I heard a phrase recently that I think is applicable- "poverty palate." People rely heavily on canned, high-fat, stodgy, processed food when they're trying to feed a lot of people on a small budget. My grandmother was like that- she was a widow with a boatload of kids who worked in a factory. Most of my mom's dinners growing up involved cream-of-whatever soup reconstituted with a variety of canned vegetables or cheap meat, hamburger helper, jarred minced garlic (never fresh), filling casseroles, all that kind of thing. Today, my mother has broadened her palate, and I grew up eating tons of fresh veg- but some of her siblings still cook the way my grandmother did. Because it's what they're used to, because it's what they grew up with, because they aren't adventurous cooks who are motivated to move outside their comfort zone. I see the same patterns in my own family as I see in the Duggars. 

This is why it rubs me the wrong way when people are super critical of the Duggar kids' food posts on social media. Like, "EWW that looks DISGUSTING and GREASY it probably has EIGHT MILLION CALORIES and ALL THE CHOLESTEROL how could ANYONE eat that?!?!?" Well, when you can only have a little bit of food to go around, you have to maximize those calories, and cheaply, too. There are a lot of food deserts in America where fresh food is more expensive than canned, and you can't exactly bulk-buy it without it going bad (or preserving it yourself). So poverty palate is definitely a thing, and while Jinger may be changing her habits, it's not easy or a given for everyone. Eating fresh, healthy meals all your life is a privilege not everyone has. 

Bonus tip for everyone trying to eat more vegetables: roast anything with salt, pepper, and garlic, and it will be good. Use more seasoning than you think you need. Experiment with herbs and spices. And garlic. Garlic garlic garlic.

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 7

@MargaretElliott funny you should mention criticism of Duggar Eating habits because I have one for you. Several years ago when the Duggars had like 6 toddlers/young children at home for St Patrick’s day they made green pancakes for breakfast. Now Little kids like that stuff and it’s fun. Whatever.

Commence People on TWOP losing their shit and their mind: OH MY GOD.. THATS SOO GROSS! How HORRIBLY UNHEALTHY!!  They need be eating Lentils and Greens!!   I wanted ask “You bitches ever tried to feed A two year old Kale for Breakfast?   No?thought so!

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 2

Could he be any more pretentious? 

I wonder if they'll learn that whole chunks of the New Testament are written in really bad Greek. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 14

Does anyone know the actual color of that child's eyes? I mean without the constant filters trying to desperately make them blue?

• Upvote 11

Good grief I hope they don’t try to stick blue colored contacts on her when she older if she needs glasses. I would not put it past these silly vain people. 

• Upvote 2

You think he was just like "hey babe put Felicity in my lap while I pretend to have this book open about learning greek! and hurry and take this photo!!"

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

I would have paid good $ to see Felicity whip the cap off that pen and scribble all over that pretentious prig’s book.*

*I had a child whose worst offensive and weapon was a black sharpie marker applied to any and all available surfaces.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I would have paid good $ to see Felicity whip the cap off that pen and scribble all over that pretentious prig’s book.*

*I had a child whose worst offensive and weapon was a black sharpie marker applied to any and all available surfaces.

Sounds like my daughter. She hasn’t discovered permanent markers yet, but that’s only because we stash those high up where she can’t get them. But she’s deadly with crayons, colored pencils, markers, and pens. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

Judging by Jeremy's soulless and boring sermons, he's got more pressing issues to attend to than learning Biblical Greek.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Well yeah but then Felicity would most likely be “lovingly corrected”  

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Sounds like my daughter. She hasn’t discovered permanent markers yet, but that’s only because we stash those high up where she can’t get them. But she’s deadly with crayons, colored pencils, markers, and pens. 

Said child had his own stash, I swear to Bob.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

9 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

I wonder if they'll learn that whole chunks of the New Testament are written in really bad Greek

Oh I really hope so. One girl I knew in college was shocked when she was in seminary and had to learn both Greek and Hebrew so that they would read original texts and realize this exact thing. So many of the things she believed changed when she learned that. 

• Upvote 16

On 8/7/2019 at 8:24 AM, Sullie06 said:

Housing costs are always fascinating to me. I googled houses for sale in my area (upstate NY) to see what I could get for 700,000. This home is listed for 695K. 4 Bed, 5 Bath 7130 SqFt 

image.png

Holy shit that’s nice!  For $700k bear me you’ll get a single story, 3500 sq ft home with a pool, in a great part of town but if you want something like you listed it will cost over a cool million! 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, They call me madre said:

Holy shit that’s nice!  For $700k bear me you’ll get a single story, 3500 sq ft home with a pool, in a great part of town but if you want something like you listed it will cost over a cool million! 

You can't even buy a 1950s 900 sq foot 2 bedroom tear down bungalow for a million bucks on my street.

I had to stop watching all those Property Virgins and other home buying shows because it's honestly depressing to see what you can get around the country.

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

The worst part is that he looks like he's concentrating Really Hard on studying the damn title page. At least flip it open to a page with some actual Greek on it. 

• Haha 20

2 hours ago, Anna Bolinas said:

The worst part is that he looks like he's concentrating Really Hard on studying the damn title page. At least flip it open to a page with some actual Greek on it. 

Yeah, but then his adoring public might not realize it's GREEK!!! he's studying. ?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 9

My nephews offense was yellow highlighters. You don't notice it at first. Think just a few spots. But at different times the light hits a different wall or area and bam yellowish wall. For the longest time we couldn't figure out why the blue chair looked green sometimes. Yellow highlighter.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

My nephews offense was yellow highlighters. You don't notice it at first. Think just a few spots. But at different times the light hits a different wall or area and bam yellowish wall. For the longest time we couldn't figure out why the blue chair looked green sometimes. Yellow highlighter.

When my youngest daughter was tiny. we had a whiteboard in the kitchen.  We also had white walls. DD did not understand why it was OK to write on the whiteboard with a marker and not the actual wall.  They were both white!  

One of her sisters has three kids: six, four and almost three.  The littlest does not have to answer for this, but I've found a number of crayon marks on the walls and even on the TV screen in the living room after they've visited.  They came for the weekend two weekends ago.  Yesterday, I saw fruit flies in the bedroom they occupied.  I wondered what attracted them.  Today I found out. One of the kids was eating in there and left a cup with some fruit and crap in it.  I could identify a cherry, but I don't know what the other shit was.  Is it bad that I want them to stay in a hotel the next time they're in town?

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 5

• Destiny locked this topic