IGNORED

Jinger 50: Making the Most of Los Angeles and Studio City

Coconut Flan

Ok I know Someone else mentioned up thread.. but seriously they still are out and about with the adults fairly rugged up and FV in summery stuff.. 

She could just be a hot sweaty baby prehaps...

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Ok I know Someone else mentioned up thread.. but seriously they still are out and about with the adults fairly rugged up and FV in summery stuff.. 

I wish that I could extend these folks that much latitude, but with their collective reputations I just can’t. Kids certainly don’t need to be overdressed as compared to adults, but in the absence of extenuating circumstances, like extreme health or special needs conditions, they should be similarly dressed to the adults. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

I would LOVE to see a crossover episode where boob and michelle blather on about modesty and "keeping sweet" over dinner, casually dropping his dave ramsey theories while eating a meal that costs more than Jeremy earns in a week.  He would then, of course, bring up Tater tot caserole or BBQ tuna and everyone would just stare blankly at him. 

• Haha 4

Jeremy’s latest IG is an artistic photo of him, dressed ever so tastefully, reading a book titled “Dressing the Man.” Maybe his current obsession with Kanye also includes their mutual obsession with style. I would love to hear a Jeremy sermon on vanity explaining how his obsession with appearances is not frowned upon by God.

• Upvote 20

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I wish that I could extend these folks that much latitude, but with their collective reputations I just can’t. Kids certainly don’t need to be overdressed as compared to adults, but in the absence of extenuating circumstances, like extreme health or special needs conditions, they should be similarly dressed to the adults. 

According to my kids' pediatrician, but that was back in the dark ages, they should be at least a layer less than adults.

• Upvote 1

On 10/29/2019 at 6:42 PM, imokit said:

I'd rather Jinger's kids in a kanye service than a Duggar service.

Those services are probably quite fun, lots of getting up and singing and dancing.  As opposed to being beaten into sitting perfectly still for a multi hour traditional church service (a la pearl teaching).

More people and social groups.  Less legalism and purity culture.

Its still almost certainly a cult, but its got more access to the real world and less beating going on.

Jinger kind of reminds me of the ex-Amish who become fundie (thanks to a very successful and targeted program by evangelicals). They still hold most of their beliefs but just don't think they can, or don't want to, live in that culture. And someone comes along who tells them you can wear nice clothes, listen to music, use technology and otherwise live a normal life in the modern world, and as long as you accept JC as your savior you won't go to hell. A cult, certainly, but a much more fun one.

Edited by patsymae
  • Upvote 10

6 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I have relatives in SoCal and they’ve been complaining about how hot it’s still been the last couple weeks 80s-90s!). If anyone is dressed inappropriately for the weather it’s the parents, not the baby.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

I have relatives in SoCal and they’ve been complaining about how hot it’s still been the last couple weeks 80s-90s!). If anyone is dressed inappropriately for the weather it’s the parents, not the baby.

I live in CA. The entire state has been in this weird weather pattern where the mornings are freezing, as in below 32 in many places which is unusually cold for this time of year in all regions except the mountains, but the afternoons are unseasonably warm d/t the warm Santa Ana winds. The winds have also contributed to the horrid wild fires in both Southern and Northern CA. Perhaps, J and J are early risers and dress for the cold and FV gets up later and is dressed for afternoon weather.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

“From a musical perspective, it was one of the greatest pieces of musical art that I’ve ever witnessed live,” Jeremy said on his Instagram Live Story on Sunday night.

Methinks Jeremy has not had a lot of exposure to "musical art" or much of way to have a "musical perspective." If this pretentious buffoon had said almost something like "The music moved me" it would be much less laughable. Kanye is a talented musician. Jeremy may be telling the truth that is one of the greatest pieces of musical art he has ever witnessed live, because I'm willing to bet he has never seen a musician screeching about Jesus who's good as Kanye. But "from a musical perspective" is kind of the same musical perspective that has Jana being a concert pianist, Josie having perfect pitch, Amy ready to take on Nashville and the Duggar girls the next Boone sisters. What an asshat.

Edited by patsymae
  • Upvote 13
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I would LOVE to see a crossover episode where boob and michelle blather on about modesty and "keeping sweet" over dinner, casually dropping his dave ramsey theories while eating a meal that costs more than Jeremy earns in a week.  He would then, of course, bring up Tater tot caserole or BBQ tuna and everyone would just stare blankly at him. 

I have never been a fan of Kanye or Kim K but I'd totally watch a CO episode with Jim Boob serving them BBQ Tuna ??‍♀️

• Haha 14

2 hours ago, patsymae said:

Jinger kind of reminds me of the ex-Amish who become fundie (thanks to a very successful and targeted program by evangelicals). They still hold most of their beliefs but just don't think they can, or don't want to, live in that culture. And someone comes along who tells them you can wear nice clothes, listen to music, use technology and otherwise live a normal life in the modern world, and as long as you accept JC as your savior you won't go to hell. A cult, certainly, but a much more fun one.

There are definitely some ex Amish fundies talked about on FJ! The Bontragers being one of them. Well I think they were old order Mennonite. But thee are a lot of similarities there.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3

On 10/30/2019 at 12:01 AM, Belugaloo said:

It honestly makes me sad to hear her say that. I take anxiety and ADHD medication, and I can understand that he'd initially feel "off" taking meds. But, after finding the right medication combo and passing the 1-2 week adjustment, he'd still be able to do his job. He would likely not be manic, which is GOOD! but he could still have his creativity!

Bipolar meds (mood stabilisers) are very different to most other medications. They do make the highs lower and the lows higher, so many people who take them don’t just feel ‘off’ for a couple of weeks, they feel like a different person every single day when they’re taking them. The people I know say they feel like a dull, less creative version of themselves when they’re taking their meds. It’s why med compliance is such a known and huge problem with patients who have bipolar disorder. It’s not just Kanye - he’s in a group of about 50% of other patients who feel the same way and are non adherent to their meds.

It’s a complex and poorly understood area which needs lots more research - it can’t be dismissed by simply saying ‘just stick with it for a week or two and you’ll be okay’.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3409641/

Im pro meds of course but I don’t have bipolar disorder so I can’t understand what it feels like to have an important part of my personality dulled or slowed down. And research shows that patients with bipolar disorder are much more likely to be employed in creative careers, so I hope they do more research so that a huge number of people can be supported and get the help they need.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, JMO said:

I doubt that Jinger would know who OJ Simpson is.  But I'm sure she knows who Caitlyn Jenner is.  

I didn't know who OJ Simpson was when I was 17 or 18.  I found out that he existed when a professor I had talked to the class about how it would be impossible to get an impartial jury in the murder case because everyone knows about it.  I silently thought that wasn't true, that I could be on that jury and so could others, but said nothing.  

Honestly I hated college because I felt so left out.  Now that I'm older, I still don't care for language that truly seems to purposely outcast people.  I didn't like being spoken to like I was stupid in my upbringing and I never started liking it, regardless of the subject or the speaker, which is why I've never belonged anywhere.

Edited by raspberrymint
Rant
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

This has quickly become my new obsession and pet peeve.  I don't know who's dressed appropriately or not, but her kid is never dressed similar to everyone else.  It's almost funny when you start to notice.  Jinger, you figured it out for yourself, now put some pants on that baby. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I live in CA. The entire state has been in this weird weather pattern where the mornings are freezing, as in below 32 in many places which is unusually cold for this time of year in all regions except the mountains, but the afternoons are unseasonably warm d/t the warm Santa Ana winds. The winds have also contributed to the horrid wild fires in both Southern and Northern CA. Perhaps, J and J are early risers and dress for the cold and FV gets up later and is dressed for afternoon weather.

Cali weather is weird! Lived their years ago before I married. Hope you’re staying safe!

Edited by DalmatianCat
  • I Agree 5

14 hours ago, adidas said:

Bipolar meds (mood stabilisers) are very different to most other medications. They do make the highs lower and the lows higher, so many people who take them don’t just feel ‘off’ for a couple of weeks, they feel like a different person every single day when they’re taking them. The people I know say they feel like a dull, less creative version of themselves when they’re taking their meds. It’s why med compliance is such a known and huge problem with patients who have bipolar disorder. It’s not just Kanye - he’s in a group of about 50% of other patients who feel the same way and are non adherent to their meds.

It’s a complex and poorly understood area which needs lots more research - it can’t be dismissed by simply saying ‘just stick with it for a week or two and you’ll be okay’.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3409641/

Im pro meds of course but I don’t have bipolar disorder so I can’t understand what it feels like to have an important part of my personality dulled or slowed down. And research shows that patients with bipolar disorder are much more likely to be employed in creative careers, so I hope they do more research so that a huge number of people can be supported and get the help they need.

sorry I didn't mean to imply that I was de-legitimizing the idea that meds could make you feel flat or not like yourself! I work in a healthcare field and of the people I know who take mood stabilizers and have bipolar disorder, often finding the right medication combination resolves this feeling. Typically if they are feeling flat or not like themselves for an extended period, its considered to be the wrong medication for them. Of course, med non compliance is a real issue and not all people have it easy with finding a medication that does work for them.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Charliemae said:

Jinger, you figured it out for yourself, now put some pants on that baby. 

I get that it's hard for a lot of people to imagine, but it really is still very warm in L.A during the day. Today's high is going to be 85. I for one am really glad Jinger and Jeremy aren't forcing Felicity to wear leggings and a cardigan with her summer dress they way the J-daughters were in order to avoid defrauding anyone with her 1-year-old knees and shoulders.

Assuming Felicity isnt out and about early in the morning or late at night (when it really is chilly), I'd say she's completely appropriately dressed. Her parents are adults so if they want to sweat their socks off, so be it.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

21 hours ago, Kelsey said:

I have never been a fan of Kanye or Kim K but I'd totally watch a CO episode with Jim Boob serving them BBQ Tuna ??‍♀️

I don't see Jim Bob ever allowing anything to do with Kanye to be shown on the show. Jinger wearing pants  was hard enough to be explained, can you imagine the explanation  for Kanye?

• Upvote 5

I might give them a pass on how they dress Felicity. My son was a hot baby so he always looked under dressed. But if I put another layer on him he would have been sweating like crazy. On the flip side, my daughter seems to be colder and I finally get to dress her in cute sweaters and stuff now that it's colder. I guess we'll see what happens when they have another child. 

Jeremy probably said that because he listened to hymns, classical and light rock. 

Black gospel music is very powerful and emotional. It would be moving to people not familiar with it. 

It’s descendant; Negro spirituals (from slave times) is the bed rock of a lot of pop music forms we have today (rock, jazz, country ,metal, pop, R&B, rap etc)

I doubt Jeremy knows this and I also doubt he’s familiar with black gospel artists like Kirk Franklin, Israel & the New Breed,  Kurt Carr etc. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

On 11/1/2019 at 5:08 PM, adidas said:

Bipolar meds (mood stabilisers) are very different to most other medications. They do make the highs lower and the lows higher, so many people who take them don’t just feel ‘off’ for a couple of weeks, they feel like a different person every single day when they’re taking them. The people I know say they feel like a dull, less creative version of themselves when they’re taking their meds. It’s why med compliance is such a known and huge problem with patients who have bipolar disorder.

I heard Dr. Drew talking about this once. He was saying that bipolar people often don't like staying on meds because while they enjoy no longer having the lows, they don't have the highest highs anymore and they miss them. And the "highs" are when bipolar people are their most creative. 

It kind of makes sense to me. Obviously, I think people would be better off on their meds, but I can understand this disenchantment with a much more "plebeian" life after being used to regularly feeling transcendent highs. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

16 hours ago, JillyO said:

I get that it's hard for a lot of people to imagine, but it really is still very warm in L.A during the day. Today's high is going to be 85.

Same here in the Florida Keys.

• Upvote 2

I'm in the mental health field and absolutely agree that mood stabilizers for bipolar disorder are in their own special category. As described above, people miss the creativity that goes along with the hypomania and mania. If there were a magic pill that could keep people in a hypomanic state - just below that line where they go over a cliff (full mania) -  the maker of that pill would be very rich. Most of us would love to feel energized and confident, funny and creative, able to accomplish a superhuman amount and needing less sleep. The problem is that the line between hypomania and mania is a very fine and slippery one. So it's important to intervene earlier with medication because people can get themselves in huge amounts of trouble when they are manic.

I should note that not everyone feels good when they are hypomanic or manic. The main symptom for some people, for instance, is anger rather than feeling like the world is full of possibilities.

In my experience, people in the artistic fields often have the most difficulty with medication compliance because they need the creative traits for their jobs. If they are in another field, they more readily are faced with the downsides to being bipolar and are more consistent with their meds. Often these people tell me they are "willing to trade a few IQ points" for being emotionally more stable. And some really do feel just fine on the meds, with no side effects.

Edited by livinginthelight
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

• Destiny locked this topic