IGNORED

Jinger 50: Making the Most of Los Angeles and Studio City

Coconut Flan

On 10/15/2019 at 8:35 PM, Coconut Flan said:

Jeremy is attending a church and seminary where girls and women wear pants, play sports, attend college, and work if they want or need to do so.  There is nothing in their teachings that would deny Felicity a music or sports career.  

Exactly. I mean, look at Jeremy's parents: stylish pants, music, college...and horrible beliefs. Willing to give his grandma the benefit of the doubt - she seemed cool in the meatballs episode!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Watching Counting On tonight and there are things I don't agree with from the Duggars. I feel like Jinger and Michelle's explanations for why Michelle wore skirts and had her daughter's wear them was a little rehearsed. However, as a Christian, I can see how a new Christian would read the scripture about not wearing the clothing of a man and feel convicted, especially since she said there was a lot of dark in her life before she became a Christian. Part of trying to walk a Christian walk means you want to turn completely away from your life before coming to Christ.

All that to say, Jinger didn't say much about why she chose differently than her family. Pretty much that she didn't feel convicted that way. Then Michelle gave her explanation and I have even more respect for her. It almost felt like that Jinger's convictions after marriage actually helped broaden Michelle's horizons. I doubt she will ever wear pants, but I feel like she is more open now.

Only my humble opinion. ?

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 3

On 10/11/2019 at 3:27 PM, libgirl2 said:

Yes. 

I'm sure she just feels like she knows that's what her mom prefers so she doesn't mind dressing in skirts at times, probably a habit?‍♀️

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

To be honest, I also adapt a little what I wear depending on where I am and with whom I spend time.

If I am going to be with more conservative relatives, I do tend to select higher necklines. Or I wear more classically elegant outfits when I hang out with some posh friends. And when I visit my sister in Berlin I am more inclined to let my boho side show.

I have never really thought much about it, to me it's almost automatic.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I wonder if Jinger and Jeremy were part of the evacuations due to the fire. I think someone said they live in Santa Clarita and I know there are mandatory evacuations there. Someone in my office who lives there was told to evacuate overnight. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Here’s my BEC comment for today. How come in recent photos Felicity never has pants, long sleeves or or a light sweater? She has been photographed with various adults, including her parents, where all the adults have pants, long sleeved shirts, sweaters, suits and turtlenecks, yet Felicity is clad in  a sleeveless romper. She’s a toddler who is not old enough to verbally express a clothing preference, so what gives? I know they live in SoCal, but if the adults need sweaters and turtlenecks, why doesn’t a 1 YO? In the IG photo at the Farmer’s Market ( on hay bale), her poor legs look mottled. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

On 10/20/2019 at 7:43 PM, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

Exactly. I mean, look at Jeremy's parents: stylish pants, music, college...and horrible beliefs. Willing to give his grandma the benefit of the doubt - she seemed cool in the meatballs episode!

My understanding is that Jeremy's grandparents are Catholic, not fundie. I believe Jeremy's father and mother were 1st time converts to fundamentailism. 

• Upvote 2

According to Jeremy's instagram they went to Kanye's church service today at the Forum. I can't get over this. It's so weird. 

• Upvote 21
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 6
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 4

I saw pictures of people going to the event on ig and Jinger and Jeremy are ridiculously overdressed compared to them. I also saw videos of the “service” and it’s so freaking cult like. 
The whole thing is yet another part of Jeremy’s “I want to be super famous” plan. He’s so annoying. 

• Upvote 29

2 hours ago, mollysmom said:

According to Jeremy's instagram they went to Kanye's church service today at the Forum. I can't get over this. It's so weird. 

They have no idea, do they? They probably  think he is a Christian  rapper...as if.

• Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

They have no idea, do they? They probably  think he is a Christian  rapper...as if.

Given Jeremy's worldly past and his need to keep one toe in it still, I'd say he knows who Kanye is, but y'know- now that Yeezy is "redeemed" (for the moment) it's all good. "What a testimony" and all that nonsense...

• Upvote 23

I get the idea Jeremy would go anywhere he thought might help draw attention to him and Jinger will just go wherever Jeremy goes. I don’t for a minute believe people are going to Kanye’s services to find Jesus or worship God. I think they are going because it’s basically a big concert that sells hundred dollar sweatshirts. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 19

8 minutes ago, coexist said:

Given Jeremy's worldly past and his need to keep one toe in it still, I'd say he knows who Kanye is, but y'know- now that Yeezy is "redeemed" (for the moment) it's all good. "What a testimony" and all that nonsense...

Maybe it's Kanye who doesn't know what he is in for. 

Jeremy  and Kanye will do anything  for attention I think. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

Kanye’s forum et al is more likely a comment on people like Jeremy Vuolo than it is any true worship, if it’s anything at all more than Kanye pushing what he can and will do just to see whatever reaction it garners (which frankly, has always been his m.o. as a musician/artist ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

it would blow my mind if Jinger knew anything about Kanye besides knowing of him before meeting Jeremy, so she’s probably there bewildered, but likely also faking enthusiasm. She’s “cool” now so of course she “knows” Kanye now. 

I wonder if Jeremy would let Jinger try Dark Twisted Fantasy on for size ?

anyway the moment Jeremy started posting Kanye stuff I lost it. Weird optics Jere-bear

• Upvote 14

Jeremy was on IG Live earlier this evening defending all things Yeezy. Apparently, he's gotten a lot of pushback since he first mentioned seeing the movie the other day. Jeremy believes Kanye is truly saved. 

There's a sucker born every minute.

• Upvote 24
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

If I get to see a selfie on Jinger and Kim I will lose it! Lol. But since they are in different spheres it will most likely not happen.  Then again Kanye is a loose canon... ya never know. 

Edited by JMO
  • Haha 8

52 minutes ago, JMO said:

If I get to see a selfie on Jinger and Kim I will lose it! Lol. But since they are in different spheres it will most likely not happen.  Then again Kanye is a loose canon... ya never know. 

I wonder what Jinger would think of some of the naked dresses that Kanye has dressed Kim in.  She wore one to the Met Ball a couple of years ago where she was basically wearing a sheer stocking from head to toe.  Only her nethers were covered with thicker fabric, IIRC.  She'd have been way less indecent if she had been nude.  

Edited by PennySycamore
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 5

I know JinJer have left the JB and Michelle path but can you imagine:

Duggarlings at a Kanye concert? Using all the Fundie logic they have to explain how his songs are absolutely ok to listen to, how they talk about the dancing and Nike attire. Those talking heads ...

Instagram posts with Kim and Kanye, because they are such good Christians, tender hearts bla bla bla. Jinger handing out tracts to people, Jeremy sucking his way up till he can be the opening act, warming the crowd up with in of his sermons. Ben rapping along. The possibilities are endless.

And when Kanye starts again comparing himself to Christ/God, that’s gonna be really interesting.....

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 12

I see this as a futile attempt by Jeremy to get noticed by Kanye. Jinger and Jeremy are usually the ones people want to meet at their small services and events.  No way Kanye is going to single them out for any attention, but if he did they would have to go along with Kanye and they are going to be put in a very unDuggerlike position, who knows pics with Kim up on stage??

• Upvote 9

These people are hopelessly attracted to fame and fortune like moths to a flame, and they’re just so damned gullible! It would be hilarious if it wasn’t the reason the whole world is now suffering under the reign of President Donald Trump.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 7

54 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I wonder what Jinger would think of some of the naked dresses that Kanye has dressed Kim in.  She wore one to the Met Ball a couple of years ago where she was basically wearing a sheer stocking from head to toe.  Only her nethers were covered with thicker fabric, IIRC.  She'd have been way less indecent if she had been nude.  

That was sinner Kanya, this is SAVED Kanya.  They won't acknowledge it, or if they do it will be another part of Kanye's "testimony".  If they are actually buying that he's a born again Christian than they are buying into the whole gambit. He may get extra Jesus points for seeing the error of his ways or some nonsense. The whole thing makes my head hurt.  I don't follow pop culture much, but it seems obvious to me these are not mentally stable people. Kanye is probably about to attempt to start some crazy-ass cult.  Sane people are keeping their distance, not hopping on the bandwagon. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Yeezy, is mentally ill. I'm not sure what his diagnosis is, but he ain't right.

I truly believe he does have an untreated mental illness and I’m surprised Kim has dealt with it as long as she has. She will eventually tire of it and they will divorce. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

Disclaimer: I loved College Dropout. When it came out it was the jam. Everyone was listening to it. 

However, I do believe he's got untreated mental illness. After his mom passed, Yeezy just snapped. There seems to be something going on with him. And it's not religion. I mean the whole Taylor/ awards show thing was just weird but it's the music industry so not shocking. I do think Kim is trying to help him. I don't think they're even living together. 4 kids is a lot to bring into a marriage like that. It's always easier with a ton of money. And she's got a lot of family to lean on.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

• Destiny locked this topic