IGNORED

Jinger 50: Making the Most of Los Angeles and Studio City

Coconut Flan

At Jessa's rehearsal dinner (I believe, but my memory does not let me be positive) Jinger couldn't think of much else to say except that she, Jinger, was undeserving and unworthy. If she believes that, perhaps she believes she is unworthy to have what she may view as prideful enjoyment of her precious daughter. And if Jinger does not truly believe that she, Jinger is unworthy, and she was just saying it to stay with party lines, then maybe she is still saying and acting those things to stay within her parents narrative and graces.

Either way, her parents have messed up all their kids so much it is truly criminal. 

• Upvote 23

When I think of Jinger, the word insipid comes to mind. I don't think she puts a lot of effort into what she says for public consumption. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

I think that the kids have been taught there are only a few times in life where showing any emotion (other than happiness) is acceptable. I think that’s why we’ve seen such dramatic speeches from Joy and Jinger at the rehearsal dinners. Those are just the first examples that came to mind. I think that’s a hard habit to break and maybe Jinger just has had this drilled into her for so long that it’s hard for her to have anything emotionally interesting to say in a casual setting. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

I believe that some people are just natural born followers. Not everyone has an opinion about everything. Yes she was taught as a kid that you have to be submissive and all that but it clearly didn't work on Jessa who is only 14 months older. I know from myself, sometimes it's just easier to shut up and do something than pick a fight. It gets exhausting fighting over everything. 

• Upvote 21
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

Not everyone has an opinion about everything. 

But most people have an opinion about something. No need to fight to express an opinion, if you have one. I have a problem keeping my opinions to myself, LOL. Everyone is different.

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

Just now, SilverBeach said:

But most people have an opinion about something. No need to fight to express an opinion, if you have one. I have a problem keeping my opinions to myself, LOL. Everyone is different.

Oh I've learned the hard way not to keep opinions to myself lol It gets me in trouble but I'm usually not messed with anymore. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

Oh I've learned the hard way not to keep opinions to myself lol It gets me in trouble but I'm usually not messed with anymore. 

I was talking to my cousin about this (the only one I really talk to) and was telling her about the cluster fuck with hubs. Well, I snapped on Wednesday and let them all know what I thought of them. We agreed that we come from a very long line of confrontational people and growing up, we saw confrontation and never saw anyone back down (no violence, lots of name-calling and arguing). For us, it's utterly genetic. She's German/Irish and I'm German/Cuban. We had a great time remembering all the times that things got "heated" during family get-togethers. Most of the stories were hysterical, like the time my Pop-Pop left a card game and went home b/c my grandmother had been yelling at him. My Uncle had to take her home (she never drove and was more than a little bit tostada). 

Thing is, after the cut throat card game, dessert would come out and all would be forgotten. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

I think Jinger has exactly what she’s wanted in life, and as much “rebellion” as she’s ever dreamed of - she lives in a city, wears pants, and has people admiring her pictures on social media. It’s a lot less than *I* want from my life, and in my opinion those are pretty sad aspirations, but I imagine in her teen years she doubted any of this would happen so it’s not surprising that she’s “settled” for it or that she worships Jeremy like a puppy.

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 5

42 minutes ago, Smee said:

it’s not surprising that she’s “settled” for it or that she worships Jeremy like a puppy.

I find this headship worship gag-worthy. Like he has no flaws at all. I could accept the worship much better if there was some balance to it. 

• Upvote 22
  • Love 1

I remember Jeremy saying that Jinger was hard on herself and doubted her talents. I liked how he tried to build up her self confidence. No wonder she loves him. 

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 2

On 8/9/2019 at 6:15 PM, lexiloumarie said:

I noticed it on the show but chalked it up to new parenthood exhaustion - Jinger did not seem to be in love with the baby stage the way her mother and some sisters are. Which makes sense - not everyone is. I've known people like that - they'd love to fast forward to school age. My wife is the first to admit that she leans that direction where as I loved the early months while we were in them. 

My husband is the same way as your wife. The baby stage is not for him and he was very nervous and anxious when our children were babies. He was a great Dad and as hands on as he could be but I could tell that he was not comfortable or enjoying it as much as I was. Now that our children are mostly school aged (our youngest is starting pre-k) he's found his groove and he's much more comfortable parenting. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

My husband is the same way as your wife. The baby stage is not for him and he was very nervous and anxious when our children were babies. He was a great Dad and as hands on as he could be but I could tell that he was not comfortable or enjoying it as much as I was. Now that our children are mostly school aged (our youngest is starting pre-k) he's found his groove and he's much more comfortable parenting. 

She's the same - very anxious about it. She works in the corporate world and she's very verbal and cerebral where as I'm a teacher and more naturally into the chaos and loudness. I've also got siblings galore if you count all the halves and steps (my parents enjoy getting married and remarried). 

Jinger was never one to be seen hanging out at the births or hovering around the babies a la Michaela or Jill. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Jinger is joining the food post brigade. It's a rather unappealing looking plate of fried eggs with kale and mushrooms on the side. Now to be fair, I loathe kale. I don't know a photographer out there that would make it look appealing to me. Apparently, she is wanting to do this on a regular basis. (Post food, not eat). ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

I’d venture to say that the infamous Duggar TTC is not gracing the Vuolo’s dinner table. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 11

24 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Jinger is joining the food post brigade. It's a rather unappealing looking plate of fried eggs with kale and mushrooms on the side. Now to be fair, I loathe kale. I don't know a photographer out there that would make it look appealing to me. Apparently, she is wanting to do this on a regular basis. (Post food, not eat). ?

I think she used a filter on the photo. I think that’s why it looks odd to me. The recipe doesn’t sound bad though.

• I Agree 3

Watch out Jilly Muff!  Jinger wants to be a food blogger too!

26 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I’d venture to say that the infamous Duggar TTC is not gracing the Vuolo’s dinner table. 

I would agree.  Maybe she'll do a more 'enlightened' version?

BBQ tuna with an actual tuna steak?

Artisan pickles?

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
the possibilities are endless!
  • Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 13

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I think she used a filter on the photo. I think that’s why it looks odd to me. The recipe doesn’t sound bad though.

I agree about the lentil soup recipe. I bookmarked it.

I read the comments because I was kinda bored. Anyway, I'm shocked at how many of her followers didn't know that paprika goes on eggs. I always thought it was number one ingredient in deviled eggs and I carried it over to other eggs.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

If I made lentil soup today but didn’t take a photo of it or post about it on social media, did we even eat? :think:

Edited by Iamtheway
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 39

Must be quite difficult starting eating healthy when you are an adult, having been raised in cheap carbs and processed oversugared food. When you have never eaten veggies, or just some frozen ones mixed with canned soup, kale must taste like grass. At least young Duggars are being properly fed thanks to Jana's garden and Lizzie will be used to eat healthy, too.

• Upvote 11

46 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Must be quite difficult starting eating healthy when you are an adult, having been raised in cheap carbs and processed oversugared food. When you have never eaten veggies, or just some frozen ones mixed with canned soup, kale must taste like grass. At least young Duggars are being properly fed thanks to Jana's garden and Lizzie will be used to eat healthy, too.

As someone who is finally venturing into healthy food as an adult I can absolutely agree with this. I ate nothing but processed, fried food, and fast food all the way from childhood to college. I had never had fresh veggies before in my house until I moved out on my own after college. My family does canned veggies for everything and then cooks them to be complete tasteless mush so I always thought I hated vegetables even though my parents forced me to eat the same mushy canned veggie all through my teen years because “I had to have a vegetable.” Did they ever think to try anything else or cook it a different way? Nope, because they were very authoritarian and it was their way or no way. So I’ve started making food from scratch and trying veggies but so many of them taste terrible to me no matter how I cook them because I’m so unused to the flavor. I have like two of three go to veggies that I know I like and I’m still trying to eat healthy but it’s really hard trying to find healthy food I like. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 13

I find most of the healthier stuff that I cook relies on herbs and spices for flavour. I make lots of Thai inspired stir fries with basil and sweet chili sauce, or coconut milk based curries. A favorite kitchen gadget I have is my spiralizer. I'll frequently spiralize a zucchini or butternut squash in lieu of pasta and eat it with spaghetti sauce and turkey meatballs. I've usually got pre washed mixed salad greens in my fridge which I add by the fistful to my stir fries and mock pasta creations.

Then there are those moments where depression and laziness get the better of me, and all I eat is pizza, hot dogs and ice cream.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

13 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I find most of the healthier stuff that I cook relies on herbs and spices for flavour. I make lots of Thai inspired stir fries with basil and sweet chili sauce, or coconut milk based curries. A favorite kitchen gadget I have is my spiralizer. I'll frequently spiralize a zucchini or butternut squash in lieu of pasta and eat it with spaghetti sauce and turkey meatballs. I've usually got pre washed mixed salad greens in my fridge which I add by the fistful to my stir fries and mock pasta creations.

Then there are those moments where depression and laziness get the better of me, and all I eat is pizza, hot dogs and ice cream.

See, to me you sound like you have a decent balance in your diet. :) 

(Depression is a real monster. When those times hit you then the best you can do is just do you best to do the basics. If some days all you can do us lay in bed and eat a slice of pizza then that’s ok because you’re still eating something. Try to remember that it’s ok not to be ok and it probably won’t last forever - at some point you’ll likely start feeling more like yourself and you’ll start being more functional again. Until then just do what you can, when you can, and don’t feel bad about it later on.)

• Upvote 15
  • Love 7

• Destiny locked this topic