IGNORED

Jinger 50: Making the Most of Los Angeles and Studio City

Coconut Flan

I actually thought that was a really reasonable price given real estate in LA. I haven't lived there in a number of years, however.

They seem to spend a lot of their time in the car driving to neighborhoods not their own.

• Upvote 2

Yes, it’s a decent price for that part of CA, but that’s not the issue.My point was that the Vuolos did not buy that home, unless someone else fronted them the money. If they came away with some cash from the sale of their TX home, maybe that’s how they are helping to cover the rent charges. I hate the fake media coverage-

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

It’s always interesting to me how women from huge fundamentalist families fetishize the “little family”, both because it’s something they would not have known from their own childhoods and because it won’t last much longer if they stay quiverfull. Though I guess Anna is still out here gushing about her “little” family even though she’s expecting her sixth kid...

• Upvote 22

3 hours ago, JillyO said:

Meanwhile, up here in the Bay Area, I'm all like "$700k for a nice-looking 4b/2b house in a presumably okay area? I'll snatch that shit right up!" :wink-kitty:

That said, $4000/month rent (assuming they're renting) seems extremely steep for a family made up of a Master's student who presumably pays tuition, a stay-at-home mom, and a baby. Their only income is the show, right? I would LOVE to know how the hell they're paying for their lifestyle. It does not add up even one little bit.

I was going to say I saw that $4k a month rent, I want to know how 2 unemployed people can afford $4k a month.  Sheese, my mortgage is about $660 a month, we have our taxes and insurance escrowed into our mortgage and pay just shy of $1200 a month for all three, plus we are stuck with a $100 a month mortgage tax that we are TRYING to get rid of, without refiing the house.  Our house is 1900 sq feet, 3 bedroom 2 bathrooms 2 car attached garage on 1/2 an acre lot, we have NOT HOA's, and we like it that way.  My brother lives in a 3200 sq foot house with 4 bedroom 3 1/2 baths and a 1.5 acre lot and it was built in 2016, so it is only 3 years old, and he pays $1100 a month for his mortgage and around $900 for property taxes and homeowners insurance, so 1/2 of what JinJer are paying for rent. and their house is 1200 sq feet bigger AND brand new. But we do live in the Des Moines metro area, so not as nice of weather, OR stuff to see. 

• Upvote 10

That picture, though. Jinger: Smiling. Jeremy: Smiling. Felicity: Over it.

Of the 9,000 pictures I imagine they take and filter before picking the perfect one, could they not have found one where their photo prop child looks a little more enthused?

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

Jinger’s head always looks like it’s photoshopped.  It doesn’t fit her body In pictures and you would think, seeing as though she’s such a professional photographer, she would notice this.  I feel kinda BEC mentioning this but it bugs me.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 9

2 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

It’s always interesting to me how women from huge fundamentalist families fetishize the “little family”, both because it’s something they would not have known from their own childhoods and because it won’t last much longer if they stay quiverfull. Though I guess Anna is still out here gushing about her “little” family even though she’s expecting her sixth kid...

It doesn't look like Jinger is wearing a modesty tee-shirt under her dress! 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Jinger’s head always looks like it’s photoshopped.  It doesn’t fit her body In pictures and you would think, seeing as though she’s such a professional photographer, she would notice this.  I feel kinda BEC mentioning this but it bugs me.

BEC-ing right along with you, I think she inherited this from her Mother. Michelle always looks the same way.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I was going to say I saw that $4k a month rent, I want to know how 2 unemployed people can afford $4k a month.  Sheese, my mortgage is about $660 a month, we have our taxes and insurance escrowed into our mortgage and pay just shy of $1200 a month for all three, plus we are stuck with a $100 a month mortgage tax that we are TRYING to get rid of, without refiing the house.  Our house is 1900 sq feet, 3 bedroom 2 bathrooms 2 car attached garage on 1/2 an acre lot, we have NOT HOA's, and we like it that way.  My brother lives in a 3200 sq foot house with 4 bedroom 3 1/2 baths and a 1.5 acre lot and it was built in 2016, so it is only 3 years old, and he pays $1100 a month for his mortgage and around $900 for property taxes and homeowners insurance, so 1/2 of what JinJer are paying for rent. and their house is 1200 sq feet bigger AND brand new. But we do live in the Des Moines metro area, so not as nice of weather, OR stuff to see. 

Money from the show

Just me, griping about the way they spend their money for "show." I deleted it. I'm over it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Screamapillar said:

BEC-ing right along with you, I think she inherited this from her Mother. Michelle always looks the same way.

I don't think they have very good posture, the way there heads jut away from their necks looks uncomfortable. 

• Upvote 6

On 8/6/2019 at 6:29 PM, melon said:

Speaking of hair....do you remember an evangelist,Benny HInn?A friend was describing his hairstyle to me, years ago.

She said "Melon,he looks like he has a flying saucer on his head". I managed watch,once...that was enough.skunk hair

Benny Hinn is, and always will be, Skunk Hair Fake Evangelist.  And has been for years.

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Yes, it’s a decent price for that part of CA, but that’s not the issue.My point was that the Vuolos did not buy that home, unless someone else fronted them the money. If they came away with some cash from the sale of their TX home, maybe that’s how they are helping to cover the rent charges. I hate the fake media coverage-

Eh.  Jeremy, the failed soccer player, might have a bit saved up from that career too.

4 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

That picture, though. Jinger: Smiling. Jeremy: Smiling. Felicity: Over it.

Of the 9,000 pictures I imagine they take and filter before picking the perfect one, could they not have found one where their photo prop child looks a little more enthused?

Well, probably in almost all the other pics, Felicity was understandably howling to run free.

And if she wasn't howling and actually smiled:, in those pics Jinger and Jeremy had hairs out of place.  They obviously picked the best of the bunch.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Charliemae said:

I don't think they have very good posture, the way there heads jut away from their necks looks uncomfortable. 

It's the way meek, submissive, godly women always lose!

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, JillyO said:

Meanwhile, up here in the Bay Area, I'm all like "$700k for a nice-looking 4b/2b house in a presumably okay area? I'll snatch that shit right up!" :wink-kitty:

IKR?  I don't think you can get a single family home in my county for under $1M.  

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 3

I have absolutely no proof for this, but I do believe that the Duggar kids who get married get some sort of trust fond/starting-up-money from their parents, who usually control their money. That helps them to set up a new home and get started in life. I also believe that JinJer (as in Jeremy in this case) negotiated a separate deal with TLC, so that they get their share of the money, while the rest goes to some kind of family company set up by JB/M. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Jinger and Jeremy posted a loooong video on instagram of them asking each other questions. There's a photo hanging on the wall behind them of her big family. They made a comment about if this is a success they would do it again in the future. I only watched a few min. The questions were boring like what food don't you like or who would you meet if you could. I'd watch if they asked questions like "What are your thoughts on gun control?" or "How do you feel about trump's presidency?" or "What would you do if you made a new friend and got along so well only to find out they are gay and atheist?" Wonder if this is tied to TLC or the show, since that pic was in the background?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 2

11 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Jinger and Jeremy posted a loooong video on instagram of them asking each other questions. There's a photo hanging on the wall behind them of her big family. They made a comment about if this is a success they would do it again in the future. I only watched a few min. The questions were boring like what food don't you like or who would you meet if you could. I'd watch if they asked questions like "What are your thoughts on gun control?" or "How do you feel about trump's presidency?" or "What would you do if you made a new friend and got along so well only to find out they are gay and atheist?" Wonder if this is tied to TLC or the show, since that pic was in the background?

Yeah I watched all of both videos and learned nothing interesting. Jinger was the perfect pastor’s wife. She answered that her favorite part of being a mom was getting to parent with Jeremy and see how he interacts with Felicity. It was all very bland and I hope they don’t do another one unless it really does have interesting questions. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

By all accounts, the questions they used could have started interesting conversations; Jinger has traveled abroad extensively, Jeremy supposedly reads a lot of theology, they should have had some meaningful opinions about those things. They’re just really, really, really boring people.

Edited by nickelodeon
Correct the autocorrect
  • Upvote 20
  • I Agree 6

The video just confirms that Jinger is dumb as a rock and without a single interesting insight. She would want to live in Europe, but can't name a single, specific country. Because you know, Sweden is the same as Macedonia which is exactly the same as Portugal.

And she actually said that the best thing about being a Mom is that Jeremy is the Dad. Not only pathetic, but actually concerning. Felicity really IS just a prop.

I've said before that they are the worst couple out there and I continue to stand by that.

• Upvote 33
  • I Agree 7

On 8/8/2019 at 9:38 AM, AtlanticTug said:

The video just confirms that Jinger is dumb as a rock and without a single interesting insight. She would want to live in Europe, but can't name a single, specific country. Because you know, Sweden is the same as Macedonia which is exactly the same as Portugal.

And she actually said that the best thing about being a Mom is that Jeremy is the Dad. Not only pathetic, but actually concerning. Felicity really IS just a prop.

I've said before that they are the worst couple out there and I continue to stand by that.

I think Jinger takes her role as subservient, meek wife seriously. She has no other purpose than to lift up Jeremy and make sure he is seen as the perfect husband, father, pastor, Christian and, of course, best dressed. She seems to be fine with being in that role. I have never understood the Jinger hype. She follows Jeremy, the same way jinger followed Jessa who probably paved the way for her most of her life. Jinger seems to make sure she has no identifying trait other than she likes coffee. She has the stepford wife role down pat or better yet, she is Michelle Jr. except it was obvious Michelle holds the power in her relationship. 

I am disturbed that the best part of being a mom is that Jeremy is the dad. That doesn’t make sense to me. I don’t have kids, or personally know Felicity, but I could come up with a better reason than Jeremy. How about how Felicity lights up when she sees her mom in the morning or her laugh? My mom could have given a million reasons she loved being a mom and they all would have involved me. (I was of course a perfect child.) 

• Upvote 27
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, socalrules said:

How about how Felicity lights up when she sees her mom in the morning or her laugh?

If I’m remembering correctly, all of her favorite things about being a mom were about how much Felicity loves Jeremy, how she loves to play with him, and be in his arms. The only thing she mentioned about being a mom that wasn’t about Jeremy was a comment about watching Felicity grow. They did mention how needy Felicity is though, so maybe there won’t be any more kids anytime soon? 

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1

I noticed it on the show but chalked it up to new parenthood exhaustion - Jinger did not seem to be in love with the baby stage the way her mother and some sisters are. Which makes sense - not everyone is. I've known people like that - they'd love to fast forward to school age. My wife is the first to admit that she leans that direction where as I loved the early months while we were in them. 

• Upvote 15

• Destiny locked this topic