IGNORED

Jinger 50: Making the Most of Los Angeles and Studio City

Coconut Flan

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I truly believe he does have an untreated mental illness and I’m surprised Kim has dealt with it as long as she has. She will eventually tire of it and they will divorce. 

Kim stated in an interview that he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, but that he cant take meds because it messes with his creativity.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 12
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Belugaloo said:

Kim stated in an interview that he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, but that he cant take meds because it messes with his creativity.

Like I said, surrounded by enablers ?

• Upvote 33

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Like I said, surrounded by enablers ?

It honestly makes me sad to hear her say that. I take anxiety and ADHD medication, and I can understand that he'd initially feel "off" taking meds. But, after finding the right medication combo and passing the 1-2 week adjustment, he'd still be able to do his job. He would likely not be manic, which is GOOD! but he could still have his creativity!

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

Soooo many white evangelicals, who in general look down on or are ignorant of rap & black culture, are jumping on this Yeezy train. 

In the early am I sometimes listen to Jim Bakker (of Jim and Tammy Faye and food bucket fame) on the religious channel for my morning laughs & WTF's.  Even he was singing the praises of Kanye, along with Justin Bieber this morning.  I had to come in the room where the TV is to make sure I was hearing right.  

• Upvote 11

33 minutes ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

In the early am I sometimes listen to Jim Bakker (of Jim and Tammy Faye and food bucket fame) on the religious channel for my morning laughs & WTF's.  Even he was singing the praises of Kanye, along with Justin Bieber this morning.  I had to come in the room where the TV is to make sure I was hearing right.  

When I’m in the car, I do the same with Limbaugh’s show. Gotta get those Repub talking points down. I never last too long.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I'd rather Jinger's kids in a kanye service than a Duggar service.

Those services are probably quite fun, lots of getting up and singing and dancing.  As opposed to being beaten into sitting perfectly still for a multi hour traditional church service (a la pearl teaching).

More people and social groups.  Less legalism and purity culture.

Its still almost certainly a cult, but its got more access to the real world and less beating going on.

• Upvote 12

I just watched Kanye with James Corden. His choir/chorus/entourage was very good. Kanye did nothing for me, but that's just me. Whatever floats your boat.

• Upvote 3

I don’t understand why this Kanye church thing has become, well, a thing. It seems to me that one could get a similar experience without all the pretension by going to an ordinary black church, no invitation needed. He didn’t invent the elements of Sunday Service out of nothing.

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

13 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I don’t understand why this Kanye church thing has become, well, a thing. It seems to me that one could get a similar experience without all the pretension by going to an ordinary black church, no invitation needed. He didn’t invent the elements of Sunday Service out of nothing.

Because he's rich and famous.

• Upvote 19

In re: gullible fundies. I'm pretty sure Doug Phillips and Bill Gothard were proof of that a long time ago. At least that is how my skeptical teen self saw it back then.

I'm sure a certain amount of the Kanyenization of fundies is the "Hey, I'm not a racist! I listen to Kanye, he's black!" And dear Rufus, the vocal anti abortion and anti gay crowd is totally licking his boots. The Chik-fil-a song was well calculated. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

On 8/7/2019 at 1:30 PM, Screamapillar said:

That picture, though. Jinger: Smiling. Jeremy: Smiling. Felicity: Over it.

Of the 9,000 pictures I imagine they take and filter before picking the perfect one, could they not have found one where their photo prop child looks a little more enthused?

As I was scrolling I was thinking that Felicity is a serious child.   Some kids just don't like to smile but just study things and take it all in. 

• Upvote 3

On 10/28/2019 at 10:35 AM, singsingsing said:

I’m 100% sure Jeremy would do anything to make this happen. He’s by far the most fame-hungry Duggar in-law yet. 

Think he will want to head up a mega church ala Olsteen?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I clutched my pearls at Felicity dancing on Jinger's instagram story. 

Pants and LA and Kanye and DANCING?! Whatever nonsense "conviction" talking head with Jinger and Michelle will be on Counting On next? 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

I clutched my pearls at Felicity dancing on Jinger's instagram story. 

Pants and LA and Kanye and DANCING?! Whatever nonsense "conviction" talking head with Jinger and Michelle will be on Counting On next? 

Lolll I’m honestly happy that she is getting some exposure to life outside Arkansas and Michelle’s creepy mindset. I know Jeremy has so many problematic beliefs, but exposure is a step to acceptance. I mostly believe Jeremy is just a famewhore but I’m glad that means maybe they’ll think outside the fundy bubble every once in a while. 

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, MoonFace said:

I think he does but I really can't see that happening. He's not dynamic, a good speaker, put together good sermons or anything. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 10/30/2019 at 12:03 AM, Cleopatra7 said:

It's called a cult. For some reason they are everywhere and very open lately

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Calling it now: in 19 years there will be a courtship between Felicity Vuolo and Saint West. The Dugdashians will be religious reality TV royalty with a trendy bougee twist.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Rufus Bless 6
  • Haha 22

15 hours ago, MoonFace said:

As I was scrolling I was thinking that Felicity is a serious child.   Some kids just don't like to smile but just study things and take it all in. 

My nephew was this type of baby, he is 9 now and is a fairly serious child, he is also insanely smart. For his birthday he wanted a book on investments, he asked his his father what capitalism was, and when my BIL got done explaining it to him, the little genius totally understood. I told my sister FFS your 9 year old is smarter than Donald Trump.

15 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Yes, I'm pretty sure this has been his goal all along, it is why he went looking for a Duggar, a semi famous fundy wife. He needed pure picture perfect wife that would do is bidding with a smile on her face and yet look amazing while doing it. 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 6

Allthegoodnames: Your nephew sounds like a remarkable kid! But please give him more credit. Even my dog is smarter than Donald Trump.

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 21
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

Never thought I’d see Kanye/Kardashians & a Duggar in the same building. This is a weird combo to be sure. Curious to see where this goes. I don’t watch Duggars or Kardashians. I’d watch a Duggar/Kardashian train wreck. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

And you all know, this means there's only one degree of separation between the Vuolos (Jeremy and Jinger) and Donald Trump. There are only 2 degrees of separation between Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar and Trump! Yikes! (Remember, Kanye has visited Trump in the White House.)

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

And you all know, this means there's only one degree of separation between the Vuolos (Jeremy and Jinger) and Donald Trump. There are only 2 degrees of separation between Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar and Trump! Yikes! (Remember, Kanye has visited Trump in the White House.)

There are no doubt several professional conservatives who know both Jim Bob and Trump. Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum for starters.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

Does Jinger even know that much about the Kardashians? That Kanye’s in laws include a trans woman? Or that Kim first got famous for a sex tape? Or that her dad defended OJ Simpson at his murder trial?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Does Jinger even know that much about the Kardashians? That Kanye’s in laws include a trans woman? Or that Kim first got famous for a sex tape? Or that her dad defended OJ Simpson at his murder trial?

Holy shit...I forgot about all that stuff. Hard to believe it's in Google history. Assuming Jinger has probably looked them up by now, because that's just what I do when hear about things or people I don't know crap about. She is really seeing faith on a whole new level!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

• Destiny locked this topic