IGNORED

Jinger 50: Making the Most of Los Angeles and Studio City

Coconut Flan

I think Kim is aware and exhausted by it, but she also has a ton of help, four kids, the ability to live separate lives, and doesn’t want a third ex husband.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3

5 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

Disclaimer: I loved College Dropout. When it came out it was the jam. Everyone was listening to it. 

However, I do believe he's got untreated mental illness. After his mom passed, Yeezy just snapped. There seems to be something going on with him. And it's not religion. I mean the whole Taylor/ awards show thing was just weird but it's the music industry so not shocking. I do think Kim is trying to help him. I don't think they're even living together. 4 kids is a lot to bring into a marriage like that. It's always easier with a ton of money. And she's got a lot of family to lean on.

Kim just wants a big family because she comes from a big family. Kanye wants a big family because he wants a bunch of little Kanye’s. And I agree that they aren’t even together all that much. So it’s easier for her to ignore all his issues. But once the kids are older, they will see it. And she will eventually want a divorce is he doesn’t get help. Personally I hope he does get help. But I really doubt he will. He’s got so many enablers around him. 

• Upvote 22

I guess in Duggerworld if Josh can be redeemed for his crimes so can Yeezy? ?

All I can say is wow. Next on tap ...playdates with Lissy, Saint, and Psalm???????

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, Exposedknees said:

All I can say is wow. Next on tap ...playdates with Lissy, Saint, and Psalm???????

I’m 100% sure Jeremy would do anything to make this happen. He’s by far the most fame-hungry Duggar in-law yet. 

• Upvote 31
  • I Agree 3

5 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I’m 100% sure Jeremy would do anything to make this happen. He’s by far the most fame-hungry Duggar in-law yet. 

I just keep hearing the lyric from Kanye's Famous in my head-

"Why? I made that b*tch famous" (- the bitch being Jeremy:goldfish:)

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 20

What I read is that Kanye has a bipolar disorder and that he has been on medication since his involuntary commitment.  Whether he is fully on his medication program and whether it's tweaked to give him the best result, who knows?  Whether the stories I read had any validity in fact or not is open to question, too.  

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

On 10/7/2019 at 12:08 PM, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

Admins and mods! Can I pretty please have this status under my name?

J-list Celebrity (J is for Jesus)

:text-lol:

Wish granted. Way late but still. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 5
  • Love 2

I watched Jeremy's IG stories and live about Kanye and I think it might have caused permanent damage. I was incapable of stopping my eyes from rolling so hard.  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 13

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

What I read is that Kanye has a bipolar disorder and that he has been on medication since his involuntary commitment.  Whether he is fully on his medication program and whether it's tweaked to give him the best result, who knows?  Whether the stories I read had any validity in fact or not is open to question, too.  

I’ve heard/read that as well. Except I’ve also read that he’s not taking his meds, and just going for the highs and lows of his disease. 
Also, the bipolar diagnosis can come with psychotic features. It’s totally possible to often be riding a high or a low, which then sometimes bleeds into a reality  that no one else shares.

Incidentally, my former MIL is a psychiatric RN. She says that one consistency amongst most of her patients is a devotion to some spiritual text, usually whatever they were raised with. It’s often the Bible, but it could also be the Torah, the Koran, etc. 

Spoiler

I also have a mentally ill close relative. They *think* his diagnosis is bipolar with psychotic features, but they’re hesitant to completely diagnose, as that might limit his future treatment options. Like Kanye, he’s been 5150d (more than once).  He also had a church-going, Bible-bearing period. He doesn’t share any fame-hunger with Kanye, but some of the behaviors are scarily similar. 

Edited by apandaaries
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Sooo....Jeremy and Kanye are Bros!   Makes my tummy upset. 

I’m a little behind on the snark, living in the maintains (Bro Gary reference there) means I need a cell booster and mine packed it in, awaiting delivery on a new one very impatiently.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Kanye has talked about having bipolar disorder.  I don't follow him closely enough to know whether he's currently well controlled or not but I have a close relative with it and the manic highs definitely track well with a creative phase that gets out of control and weird. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I've heard he is bipolar as well, and it would make sense with his actions, I wonder if he doesn't have some psychosis with this mania which exacerbates the condition?  I shouldn't be armchair diagnosing him from my only partially trained knowledge. I have a hard time making too much fun of him because of his mental condition.  I just wish the others around him would reign him in when he's manic and not allow him access to millions of followers, mental illness isn't for entertainment.  It is sad that no on around him will stand up to him and keep him away from social media or video cameras. They can keep this shit contained to just family if they wanted to, especially with the amount of money the Kartrashians & Kanye have. Remember when Britney Spears when out of control, and at a certain point everyone was like, yeah, this isn't funny anymore, she needs serious help, something is wrong with her. And something was. I was lucky that my mental break down was only witnessed by my husband and 2 adult children. and not a million IG followers. 

All this said, Kanye is still probably a douchbag, and that if fine to mock. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

Imagine if Kanye were actually a cult leader and the Vuolos were devout followers, preaching words directly from Kanye when they were heard from at all.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2

Same thing happened with Amanda Bynes. At first her behavior seemed to be just a young celebrity behaving badly until it was apparent that she needed serious help. 

• Upvote 15
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

I'm less interested in Kanye's problems (and I have a son who is bipolar and a family, including me, with lots of mental illness) and more in the Duggar reaction. It reminds me of Ben with Flame--cluelessly attaching themselves to someone who just, for all they hear, yammers on about Jesus and is famous, so let me hook myself up with this star. Context is just beyond them.
I said this in another thread, but the Kardashians, who I don't follow much, do publicly identify as Christian, and Kris has been photographed taking grandchildren to church, and one of the older daughters I remember talking about how she was raised that 10 percent of whatever you have goes to the church, whatever it is. So the K's aren't going to come out against Jebus, and the D's have no clue. IIRC, Kanye just said his daughter (daughters) won't be allowed to wear make-up (has to piss of the sister with the multimillion dollar makeup empire--or wear immodest clothes (has to hurt the fashion part of the brand), which has to appeal to the D's, except the ones who have started to wear immodest clothes and who have always worn make-up. Oh, sorry, I'm making my own head spin.
JB is a greedy grifter who will do anything for a buck as long as it has "Jesus, Jesus" attached. Kris Jenner is a greedy monster whose sophistication would blow JB out of the water but senses her empire is becoming slightly less lucrative--how many tens of millions are enough-- so I can see the families getting together for photo ops, magazine articles and maybe a TV series if they are smart, which both of them are in that way.
Only problem might be if the one who is Kanye's wife declines to give up make-up, see-through clothes and worldwide distribution of her bare ass.

• Upvote 10

Audrey Roloff has now also posted about Kanye's new album,  seems he's becoming the new fundie hero. And it's not just the album - on a recent KUWTK he said he didn't like people ogling his wife when she dresses sexy and he didn't like her Met Ball corset dress. She actually had a wonderfully haughty response,  like "you're seriously saying you don't like my dress the night  before the Met Ball?" Good for Kimmy. Now get him some help and stop enabling his narcissism, egotism and cult of personality.

• Upvote 18

"I'd let her wear, you know, she has a little red for Christmas, I'd let her wear a red lip, or I'd let her do one pop of something. I'd let her if she's wearing a black dress, a black lip."

So the big "Christian" decision is to not let refuse to let a a small child wear make-up--something I have to admit as a heathen I also would not allow for very young girls--is some kind of major statement about Christianity that the Duggars love. But he's involved enough with the physical appearance of a daughter of that age, that he'd allow makeup if it meant black lipstick with a black dress, or if a "red lip" or "pop of something" meets his aesthetic criteria. Am I the only person who sees cray-cray here?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

3 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

Between Kanye and Donald Trump, I'm beginning to think fundies are easily fooled. 

Well they do think the earth is 6,000 years old and the literally first two people on earth were Adam and Eve. When you believe the Bible is literal, you will believe anything. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

I've often said that you can write/create/whatever crap, throw in a couple of bible verses and put the little fishy on it and certain types of Christians will buy it like it's going out of style...they lack knowledge and discernment. Their biblical knowledge comes from sermons they've heard, they've never dug in to the text themselves (even Jeremy in seminary). They base their faith on someone else's beliefs and opinions. 

That's why I don't fit in with the churchy set very well. Faith is something I struggle with regularly and losing my husband has really fucked me up. The platitudes people toss to me just make me mad. I don't care if "it bible", it all sounds like bullshit. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 14

I bet Jeremy is already daydreaming about Felicity marrying Saint. Now, I don’t think this whole shtick will last that long, but that would give Jeremy the fame he craves so badly. He would only be the father of the bride, but as if that would stop him.

Having said that, the more he devotes himself to his Kanye/Kardashian fantasy, the worse he’ll be when this thing inevitably crumbles. He might feel personally robbed of a dream.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

Soooo many white evangelicals, who in general look down on or are ignorant of rap & black culture, are jumping on this Yeezy train. 

It makes me so uncomfortable. 

Kanye actually does seem to have gone full standard evangelical. He threw a free concert in my country last week (Jamaica) , and it was him and his choir doing gospel. He even changed some lyrics in ‘ Jesus Walks’ and ‘Ultralight  Beam’ to be more Christian. His choir is lit and the concert was good (apart from the short preaching) 

Yeezy is problematic AF. A lot of his recent shit is erratic and nonsensical  

But I feel like many evangelicals are using him as a prop. And we know they’ll use anybody for their goal of fame and spreading their beliefs...Jeremy is def one of these people.

On the counter, I’ve also seen some white people (mainly ex-evangelical) mocking Kanye in a way that trivializes mental illness and is sometimes low-key racist. 

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 1

In case anyone was curious what Jinjermy witnessed when they attended Ye's service, this just popped up in my Facebook newsfeed: 

I haven't watched because I couldn't possibly care any less, but I thought I'd post it here anyway.

Okay, maybe I'll peek at parts of it later just for curiosity's sake and for snark.

(Also, I've been a member for years but rarely post so I'm not sure if I've quite mastered post etiquette yet. If I was supposed to just drop the link rather than let it automatically embed or if I was supposed to use a spoiler- my apologies!)

(Edit: I didn't even last ten minutes before pushing play and watching the first eight and a half minutes, ugh. So far the only things I'm thinking are:

- the Chik-fil-A song is stupid

- fundies really will latch onto almost anything

- what was going through Jinger's mind during the service? (Remember the time the Duggars visited their totally-real-and-not-just-for-teevee black friend/trainer's church, and the service was longer and louder than they were comfortable with so the Duggars really struggled to find a polite way to talk about it in their talking heads? Yeah.)  Kanye's service is full of the "African rhythms" fundies are so terrified of and the choir is even "dancing"! Nothing out of the ordinary for many black Christians, but I wonder if Jinger enjoyed it.

Edited by coexist
Watched a snippet of the clip
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

• Destiny locked this topic