IGNORED

Jinger 50: Making the Most of Los Angeles and Studio City

Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, indianabones said:

Reddit is predicting that the Duggars and Vuolos visiting Jinger and Jeremy means that they're announcing another pregnancy. Seems like a sound theory to me, especially since they seem pretty settled in LA and Felicity's 15 months old now.

Everyone keep an eye on Jeremy's instagram to see if he makes another cryptic post that looks like it could have been taken at a pregnancy announcement photoshoot again!

Eh, I think its more likely they were just out visiting to see their new place. Timing of both parents coming might just be coincidence. But I also think the people over on Duggarsnark in reddit are kind of crazy and don't want them to be right. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2

So is the theory that J&J said to their families, "please drive/fly all the way to LA so that we can tell you something in person."???

Jeremy's parents seemed to visit them pretty regularly in Laredo, so this seems pretty normal for them. The Duggars are clearly on a huge roadtrip and were just a few hours away from the Vuolos who they haven't visited in California yet. It's certainly possible that a pregnancy got announced, but I find the logistics unlikely for a pregnancy announcement to be the cause of the visit.

Jinger looks so much like Michelle. So much.

• Upvote 10

4 hours ago, theotherelise said:

So is the theory that J&J said to their families, "please drive/fly all the way to LA so that we can tell you something in person."???

Jeremy's parents seemed to visit them pretty regularly in Laredo, so this seems pretty normal for them. The Duggars are clearly on a huge roadtrip and were just a few hours away from the Vuolos who they haven't visited in California yet. It's certainly possible that a pregnancy got announced, but I find the logistics unlikely for a pregnancy announcement to be the cause of the visit.

Not really landing on one side of the fence either way when it comes to are they or aren’t they expecting, but hypothetically if they were I could see them all coming out to LA to film the whole show segment where they “surprise” them with the announcement in some really staged scene as if we don’t all know they already had this conversation in private before now. 

• Upvote 7

Anyone else notice that jinger has FV in dresses and tights, fundie style while her parents are in? And she is also in dresses?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Anyone else notice that jinger has FV in dresses and tights, fundie style while her parents are in? And she is also in dresses?

Yes. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

Jeremy has an LA Food crawl Instastory up... In It, during lunch at Bel Canto (sp?), Jinger said the food was 'Legit.'

?

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, GracieLou Free Duggar said:

Jeremy has an LA Food crawl Instastory up... In It, during lunch at Bel Canto (sp?), Jinger said the food was 'Legit.'

?

I can't really fault her for that, "legit" is a fairly common slang term among young adults.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

It seems like there are several wildfires in NW Los Angeles. Wonder how close the Vs are to those areas?  Wonder if the Duggars got out? Are they driving buses on this trip?

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

It seems like there are several wildfires in NW Los Angeles. Wonder how close the Vs are to those areas?  Wonder if the Duggars got out? Are they driving buses on this trip?

There is a fire on the other side of the mountains, if they are definitely living in Santa Clarita. It will not put them in an evacuation area, but smoke and traffic will be a nightmare. I know there is another fire too, but I am following all this through friends as I dont live in the area right now.

• Upvote 6

My first thought with Sylmar was messed up Amazon deliveries.  Sylmar is the distribution point for that area.

• Thank You 1
  • Love 1

On 10/9/2019 at 11:28 AM, theotherelise said:

I just tried to picture Michelle to make a mental comparison and I realised I can't. All I see is an 80's perm and crazy eyes. Does she even have a face? My mind's eye says no. She is an eldritch being of eyes and hair. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 17
  • Love 1

Here’s my atta girl for the year. I think Michelle has aged well for all those pregnancies. In fact, I think she looks better now than she did in her 30s...probably because she can no longer get pregnant and have babies. She has weathered the storm well. Kelly Bates, OTOH, has been more outwardly affected. This is not to say that I know anything about the state of Michelle’s innards ( nor do I want to know).

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Here’s my atta girl for the year. I think Michelle has aged well for all those pregnancies. In fact, I think she looks better now than she did in her 30s...probably because she can no longer get pregnant and have babies. She has weathered the storm well. Kelly Bates, OTOH, has been more outwardly affected. This is not to say that I know anything about the state of Michelle’s innards ( nor do I want to know).

She was still dressing pretty ridiculously back in her 30s and the hair, while still a bit outdated, is way better than it was in the mullet days.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

On 10/12/2019 at 10:51 AM, SassyPants said:

I thought the picture Jinger posted on IG of Michelle and Jim Bob holding Felicity on the beach was quite nice.  Michelle looks like a normal, fun Mom with her hair back and her hoodie on.  Jim Bob doesn't have a cell phone on his belt. They look happy and not forced.  (I think Jinger purposely cropped Michelle's skirt and shoes out though, and that has a huge effect on the Duggar parent aesthetic)  

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I don't like Kelly or Mechelle, but both of them are older than me and had 18 babies,more than me and have aged very well imo

I do think no smokes no alcohol does help too. 

I don't smoke and drink occasionally but I am a ginger, so the sun has aged me heaps.

Michelle and Kelly are both attractive women (physically) and get even more points for how good they look after 19 kids and idiot husbands. 

If their style was not so dated I think they would be even more (physically) attractive.

they are attractive but what makes them especially attractive is the fact that they have been able to remain so, after so many kids....

I look like a hot mess 100 percent of the time with one..... 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9

On 10/9/2019 at 5:28 PM, theotherelise said:

Really? Jinger reminds me so much of Grandma Mary. I think Jing really favored the Duggar looks. Jill, on the other hand, looks a lot more like Michelle. It'll be interesting to see the younger generation of girls grow up and see who they'll resemble as young adults. A baby pic of Michelle looked exactly like Jordyn. It's fascinating how genetics play out in such a large family. 

Michelle does look, dare I say, relaxed and happy. Like a fun mom and grandma. As does Jim Bob. It's nice to see Tyler so happy and attached to them as well. Getting away from the TTH and the grand kid chaos, going on vacation while not having to deal with little ones of their own anymore probably helped in making this trip much more enjoyable.

Edited by Pretzel
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I admit that I don't follow the Vuolos too closely and just read this thread once in a while, and only whatever is on the most recent page. So this question/annoyance may have already been discussed...... but I just looked at her insta and why is everything W R I T T E N  L I K E  T H I S ????? Wow, it's annoying. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, FaithAndReason said:

I admit that I don't follow the Vuolos too closely and just read this thread once in a while, and only whatever is on the most recent page. So this question/annoyance may have already been discussed...... but I just looked at her insta and why is everything W R I T T E N  L I K E  T H I S ????? Wow, it's annoying. 

Right? I used to do that... when I was like 15

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

I don’t see any Michelle in Jill. She looks ( and much of the time acts) like JB’s clone. 

There must be a second Jill then. ?

• Haha 1

I think Jeremy is going to face some kind of reckoning as Felicity gets older. 

It seems that he is interested in Felicity's musical ability and possible soccer ability ie. she will play music and sports like a "normal" child. She is already wearing fashionable "normal" baby clothing. She is allowed to dance. Jeremy is a pseudo-intellectual, so I bet he really does want his children to be book smart. 

I wonder how he will reconcile giving Felicity a "normal" and successful childhood/adolescence with his beliefs. Either he will double down and take freedoms away from Felicity, or he might loosen up (a bit).

• Upvote 8

Jeremy is attending a church and seminary where girls and women wear pants, play sports, attend college, and work if they want or need to do so.  There is nothing in their teachings that would deny Felicity a music or sports career.  If she wants to be a pastor, though, she's out of luck.  If you saw the people at their church on Sunday morning, you couldn't tell it from your local regular Methodist church.  

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

• Destiny locked this topic