IGNORED

Jinger 50: Making the Most of Los Angeles and Studio City

Coconut Flan

On 9/14/2019 at 10:56 AM, Casserole said:

Just imagine 2-3 children crying/throwing a temper tantrum because they don't like their socks or the grass is touching them, while one child follows a butterfly through the field, while another child picks dandelions, while 1-2 children whine for a snack, all while an adult occasionally rolls a ball into the group hoping one will kick, (also while helicopter parents on the sideline shout at little Johnny to go for the ball and score a goal.) 

The end. Now you've seen a toddler soccer game. 

Someone MUST be picking their nose. It is part of the kid-code any time you get a bunch of little kids standing around outside 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

All i'm going to say is entitlement is a big problem with all the acts fans I mentioned. 
Working shows idk which is worse: Millenials, Drunk rich people, or screaming teens. 

• Fuck You 4
  • Downvote 5
  • Confused 3
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Did you see him play Andrew Cunanan in the miniseries about the Versace murders?  I think it was on Netflix... hang on, gonna google... it was on FX, I must have DVR'd it.  So creepy. 

I really wanted to watch that, but I just can’t make myself because I really can’t stand him. Figured he’d be my one celebrity encounter in my four visits to New York ?

• Upvote 1

On 9/15/2019 at 5:45 AM, SportsgalAnnie said:

All i'm going to say is entitlement is a big problem with all the acts fans I mentioned. 
Working shows idk which is worse: Millenials, Drunk rich people, or screaming teens. 

Wow, calling everyone between 39 and 25 the same as drunk rich people and screaming teens is pretty harsh. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 4

On 9/15/2019 at 9:31 AM, Cheetah said:

Did you see him play Andrew Cunanan in the miniseries about the Versace murders?  I think it was on Netflix... hang on, gonna google... it was on FX, I must have DVR'd it.  So creepy. 

This was so good. And Darren Criss’s portrayal of Cunanan was VERY different to Blaine on Glee, which I guess is a sign of a good actor (or a good script). I really liked Ricky Martin in this too.

I am, however, a Darren Criss fan now. After I watched Versace a few months ago I started re-watching Glee (& finally saw the last season) and then looked up his music and I really like the more recent EP (the first one meh). I also went down a bit of a Darren Criss rabbit hole and watched the Very Potter Musicals on YouTube ? don’t judge me!

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Wow, calling everyone between 39 and 25 the same as drunk rich people and screaming teens is pretty harsh. 

I wasn't calling everyone, I was saying in general. I've also been called every name under the sun, the worst so far was getting spit on. 

• Confused 5

Thanks for sharing, but I'll provide the short version (pun intended):

no, clothes aren't really much to go by, in the big scheme of things.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 1

49 minutes ago, Sicily said:

It looks like Jinger may actually be free now! At least, if her clothes are much to go by.

See:

https://radaronline.com/photos/jinger-duggar-photos-wears-short-shorts-in-los-angeles/

Jinger is deeply fundie. Her videos with Jeremy show a submissive wife. Jeremy himself preaches hateful beliefs. The difference between them and JB+Michelle are only the clothes and a lower fertility (or maybe, who knows, some kind of BC, which would be great for them). But the core beliefs are the same.

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 4

10 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Jinger is deeply fundie. Her videos with Jeremy show a submissive wife. Jeremy himself preaches hateful beliefs. The difference between them and JB+Michelle are only the clothes and a lower fertility (or maybe, who knows, some kind of BC, which would be great for them). But the core beliefs are the same.

Oh I'm sorry to hear that.

• Upvote 3

Re: Jinger's picture above - MY. PEARLS. ARE. CLUTCHED! ?  Go Jinger!  Yes, I know that wearing shorter shorts doesn't make someone less fundie, but one can dream.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

Maybe it’s her and maybe not. Regardless, is that a stain on the pants ( right side as you’re looking at the picture)?

• I Agree 1

On 9/16/2019 at 10:57 AM, SportsgalAnnie said:

I wasn't calling everyone, I was saying in general. I've also been called every name under the sun, the worst so far was getting spit on. 

Yeah, stereotyping a whole generation (Millennials) as opposed to specific behaviours (drunk in public) isn't a great look. At best, it's lazy thinking.

I'm an older Millennial and yes, we have a range of personalities and skills, like anyone. We went through the Financial Crisis just as we were finishing uni/grad school so that made an impact.

I am sometimes tempted to stereotype my uni students a bit (I think they're Generation Y) but then I remember the huge range in maturity, personality, etc. that I see. For every student with poor time management and a phone addiction, there's a really lovely and engaged one who is passionate about learning and wants to make a difference in the world.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

13 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Maybe it’s her and maybe not. Regardless, is that a stain on the pants ( right side as you’re looking at the picture)?

It is her, if you go to the article there are clear pictures of her and Jeremy.  And yes she has a stain on her right cheek lol

Edited by TeaELSee
  • Upvote 4

@Sicily I am moving this to Jinger's dedicated thread. Please search around and get familiar with the material already posted here for the last 200 years. You will probably find a lot of good information on people like Jinger and the SAHD movement, etc. Our archives are rich.

• Upvote 7

When people go on anti-millennial tirades, I show them this: https://www.vox.com/2017/12/20/16772670/baby-boomers-millennials-congress-debt

Excerpt: 

Sean Illing

So what’s your explanation for the awfulness of the boomers? What made them this way?

Bruce Gibney

I think there were a number of unusual influences, some of which won't be repeated, and some of which may have mutated over the years. I think the major factor is that the boomers grew up in a time of uninterrupted prosperity. And so they simply took it for granted. They assumed the economy would just grow three percent a year forever and that wages would go up every year and that there would always be a good job for everyone who wanted it.

This was a fantasy and the result of a spoiled generation assuming things would be easy and that no sacrifices would have to be made in order to preserve prosperity for future generations.

---

And, if that statement just pissed off a bunch of Boomers who feel it was slanted, unfair, stereotyped, and too blanketed...yes, welcome to the club.

Sincerely,

A Millennial 

• Upvote 21
  • Love 3

I promise never to laugh at any of y'all if I see stains on your clothing. ?

But really, is that what we are calling "short shorts" these days?? You youngsters have apparently never seen a pair of booty shorts. PS Get off my lawn.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 23
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I promise never to laugh at any of y'all if I see stains on your clothing. ?

But really, is that what we are calling "short shorts" these days?? You youngsters have apparently never seen a pair of booty shorts. PS Get off my lawn.

I have to share this anecdote. I was looking at the neighborhood Facebook page the other day (it’s like the next door app) and someone made a post about the high school girls wearing shorts with their cheeks hanging out. 

I got me some popcorn and hunkered down. Over 500 comments later and many feelings were hurt, no one came to any sort of agreement, and the comments had to be shut off. I never comment on those things. I just watch the shit fly. And boy does it fly.

• Haha 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I don’t think it’s a stain, it seems to be the watermark from Radar Online 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Whatthefundie said:

I don’t think it’s a stain, it seems to be the watermark from Radar Online 

Yeah I think it is the inside of the letter D in RADAR

Good for her, but it is a little jarring on first sight!

• Upvote 2

The new promo for Counting On brings up the issue of her dressing differently from her family. Poor girl is tearing up in the talking head with Michelle talking about it. Hope her family isn't shaming her. 

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 4

11 minutes ago, Mrs.Right said:

The new promo for Counting On brings up the issue of her dressing differently from her family. Poor girl is tearing up in the talking head with Michelle talking about it. Hope her family isn't shaming her. 

That looked like clever editing on TLC's part to appear that way, but I guess we shall see.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

52 minutes ago, brookeb82 said:

That looked like clever editing on TLC's part to appear that way, but I guess we shall see.

I hope it's the editing too, but Michelle's face looks like she's clenching her jaw and trying to stay sweet at the same time. There seems to be some type of disapproval on Michelle's end regarding that question.

Edited by Mrs.Right
Changed out "about" for "regarding".
  • Upvote 5

I am sure it’s just TLC trying to make it seem like the show will have drama and the whole Michelle thing is probably about something else.  Their previews never deliver on what they promises. 

• Upvote 6

• Destiny locked this topic