IGNORED

Jinger 50: Making the Most of Los Angeles and Studio City

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

I wanted the title to be Making the Most of Studio City, but they keep wandering to Los Angeles hits like the Farmer's Market.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 1

I think it makes sense that they are hitting up a bunch of touristy places.

I would assume most transplants do that.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 2

Since Jana and Benessa is there (or was there) for a visit and it's summer, it's not totally strange that they are doing a lot of tourist stuff right not. 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I wonder what Jing will do when school starts? 

Probably the exact same thing as ladredo if I had to guess. He life is pretty static just changed scenery 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

I just looked at her Instagram and wow, very weird to see them in my neck of the woods!  Very. They must be making good money. All those places are pricey, her hair looks great. That is an expensive dye job.  What can I say?  The usual, I guess. Hate their beliefs but glad Jinger gets to live some life in a city where she wanted. She looks happy and considering how she was raised, I kinda have to say go girl. Jeremy squicks me out. His hipster garb is not impressive but Jinger could have married much, much worse. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

12 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

Probably the exact same thing as ladredo if I had to guess. He life is pretty static just changed scenery 

But wasn’t Jeremy home much of the time in Laredo? Since they moved to LA for school, I’d assume he’d actually have to attend classes in person. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

But wasn’t Jeremy home much of the time in Laredo? Since they moved to LA for school, I’d assume he’d actually have to attend classes in person. 

The Church community in Laredo appears to have been very small, so I don’t know how much he would have been “needed” outside regular Pastoral hours. It seems to still be very small, which means Jeremy wasn’t really able to grow the flock for whatever reason during his time there. I think it’s very plausible that he didn’t put in a ton of work outside what was required, but I have no proof to back that up. A lot of their travel since they married appeared to be for work related stuff, so it’s possible he decided to just focus more on advancing his career that way and through The Master’s Seminary than he did on actually growing the Church plant.

• Upvote 7

I am just happy Jinger is in LA.  She always seemed miserable growing up.  Jinger seemed like she was hiding from her parents so she would keep from getting dumped on.  

I really wish Ben, Jessa, Jeremy and Jinger would start their own mega church.  They could be the next Joel Olsteen.

Edited by Tatar-tot
  • Downvote 15
  • Disgust 4
  • Confused 15
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • WTF 23
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

really wish Ben, Jessa, Jeremy and Jinger would start their own mega church.  They could be the next Joel Olsteen.

I actually kinda agree they could be the next Joel Olsteen - they wouldn't open their church to flood victims in need either.  They would tweet something about God though!    Honestly, I am curious why you think this would be a good thing?   So they could spread their hateful misogynistic beliefs further?  We already have Lori Alexander for that.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 4

47 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

I actually kinda agree they could be the next Joel Olsteen -

I doubt it.   It seems to me that they all lack the work ethic.  Also, Ben can barely put together a coherent argument at the moment.  Jeremy has the charisma of a piece of chewed gum and his sermons are incredibly boring.  He seemed very dependent on Daddy Chuck and other church suckers in Laredo to help out with the sermons too.  

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

The Church community in Laredo appears to have been very small, so I don’t know how much he would have been “needed” outside regular Pastoral hours. It seems to still be very small, which means Jeremy wasn’t really able to grow the flock for whatever reason during his time there.

I'm sure on Jeremy's resume he claims that he almost doubled the Grace Church, Laredo congregation.  But even Chuck Vuolo, when he ordained Jeremy's replacement pastor there, said in the 3 years and almost 3 months Jeremy spent in Laredo, the church grew from 17 total members to a jaw dropping 33.    And I expect he counted all the children born in that time too!

But I expect Jeremy and Jinger handed out lots of tracts in Laredo when they weren't in San Antonio, filming for TLC, visiting family, or having coffee breaks. 

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

.  But even Chuck Vuolo, when he ordained Jeremy's replacement pastor there, said in the 3 years and almost 3 months Jeremy spent in Laredo, the church grew from 17 total members to a jaw dropping 33.    And I expect he counted all the children born in that time too!

I'd love to see that in number of families instead.  That number could reflect an addition of like 6 adults. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, WarriorJane said:

Da fuck?  One Joel Osteen is already one too many.  

True. At least they would have better hair. I have a strange visceral disgust for Joel Osteen’s hair.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 10

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

But even Chuck Vuolo, when he ordained Jeremy's replacement pastor there, said in the 3 years and almost 3 months Jeremy spent in Laredo, the church grew from 17 total members to a jaw dropping 33.    And I expect he counted all the children born in that time too!

I bet he counted Jinger too!

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I doubt it.   It seems to me that they all lack the work ethic.  Also, Ben can barely put together a coherent argument at the moment.  Jeremy has the charisma of a piece of chewed gum and his sermons are incredibly boring.  He seemed very dependent on Daddy Chuck and other church suckers in Laredo to help out with the sermons too.  

I'm sure on Jeremy's resume he claims that he almost doubled the Grace Church, Laredo congregation.  But even Chuck Vuolo, when he ordained Jeremy's replacement pastor there, said in the 3 years and almost 3 months Jeremy spent in Laredo, the church grew from 17 total members to a jaw dropping 33.    And I expect he counted all the children born in that time too!

But I expect Jeremy and Jinger handed out lots of tracts in Laredo when they weren't in San Antonio, filming for TLC, visiting family, or having coffee breaks. 

I doubt it too. I'll be surprise if he doesn't fizzle out at in the LA classes because he doesn't have any of that and will be up against others men who are much better at all of that then Jeremy. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

11 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

And Felicity.

Well at least those are the two that for sure were added because of Jeremy.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 13

13 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Yeah, I don't see Jeremy becoming some big name preacher anytime soon.  Or ever.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

12 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

I always feel kind of weird about articles like this. It feels kind of intrusive for them to be purposely driving past to snap photos like that*. It’s likely public record, but still seems a little weird to me.

That said, I wonder if they bought or are renting. I’d guess they might be renting since Jeremy may end up being sent to another Church out of state after finishing the program, but maybe they bought it instead. Either way, that’s a good chunk of money they’re estimated to have spent/be spending, though maybe that’s not an unreasonable amount for the area they’re in. 

*When it concerns anyone, not just the Duggars. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I hate these kind of stories. The Vuolos no more bought that house than Josh bought the one in DC. If the Vuolos did sell their home in TX they would likely have a little cash for high rents. I hate when the tabloids exaggerate these folks’ success and wealth- 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

• Destiny locked this topic