IGNORED

Kavanaugh 2: Justice Beer Bong

GreyhoundFan

Someone needs to ask Justice Beer Bong Wienie Whacker if he drinks in the shower.

• Upvote 4

NY Times Reporters Say Kavanaugh Asked Them To Lie In Exchange For An Interview

New York Times reporters Robin Pogrebin and Kate Kelly said that Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh agreed to let them interview him for their upcoming book ― as long as they would publicly lie about it.

Speaking at the National Press Club in Washington on Wednesday, Kelly and Pogrebin said that Kavanaugh said he would talk to the reporters to provide them with background information as long as they falsely noted in the book that he declined to be interviewed.

Reporters from The Atlantic and The Washingtonian shared the Times reporters’ revelation on Twitter.

The Times reporters said their talks about setting up an interview with Kavanaugh took place when the book was in its final stages.  Kelly and Pogrebin said they couldn’t agree to the justice’s terms, so they couldn’t conduct the interview.

Kelly and Pogrebin reached out to the associate justice as part of a 10-month investigation into his educational background and the accusations of sexual misconduct against him for their book, “The Education of Brett Kavanaugh,” published this week.

Days before the book was released, Kelly and Pogrebin published an op-ed in the Times that included a previously unreported accusation made against Kavanaugh.

According to Pogrebin and Kelly, Max Stier, a classmate of Kavanaugh’s at Yale, told senators and the FBI that he once saw Kavanaugh at a dorm party with his pants down while his friends pushed his penis into a female student’s hands.

The FBI didn’t investigate Stier’s account, and Stier “has declined to discuss it publicly,” according to the Times. Pogrebin and Kelly said they “corroborated the story with two officials who have communicated” with Stier.

The woman at the center of Stier’s account declined to be interviewed by the Times reporters, and her friends say she doesn’t recall that incident, according to the Times.

Stier’s account, as reported by the paper, is similar to an allegation lodged against Kavanaugh last year by Deborah Ramirez, another former Yale classmate.

Ramirez said that she was at a dorm room party with Kavanaugh and several others playing a drinking game when Kavanaugh pulled down his pants and thrust his penis at her. She pushed him away, she told The New Yorker last year, causing her to touch his penis. 

Ramirez came forward with her allegation after Christine Blasey Ford publicly accused Kavanaugh of sexual assault when they were teenagers. Ford testified at his Supreme Court nomination hearing.

• WTF 5

• 1 year later...

Hmm, Justice I Like Beer might have an interesting ride ahead:

• Thank You 13

9 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Hmm, Justice I Like Beer might have an interesting ride ahead:

Is it too much to hope that Justice Beer Bong Weenie Waver's wikipedia entry starts like this in a year.

Brett Michael Kavanaugh (/ˈkævənɔː/ KA-və-NAW; born February 12, 1965) is a convicted felon and former associate justice of the Supreme Court of the United States. He was nominated by President Donald Trump on July 9, 2018, and began his tenure on October 6, 2018.  His tenure ended on May 1, 2021 when he resigned from the Court.  This was after he was convicted of perjury for lying to Congress and President Biden agreed to commute his sentence in exchange for his resignation.

• Upvote 7

• 4 months later...

So the FBI "investigation" into the allegations against Justice I Like Beer (R-Beer) was even worse than previously known.

Info from Whitehouse's site below.

Spoiler

After New Details on Kavanaugh Investigation Surface, Senators Call on FBI for Answers on Handling of ‘Tip Line’

4,500 tips to FBI went uninvestigated following supplemental investigation, newly released FBI letter shows

Washington, DC – Senators Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI), Chris Coons (D-DE), Dick Durbin (D-IL), Patrick Leahy (D-VT), Richard Blumenthal (D-CT), Mazie Hirono (D-HI), and Cory Booker (D-NJ) wrote to FBI Director Christopher Wray last evening requesting additional information on the FBI’s 2018 supplemental background investigation of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh. The senators’ request follows a letter from the Bureau to Whitehouse and Coons revealing new details on the Kavanaugh background investigation, including that the FBI gathered over 4,500 tips in relation to the investigation without any apparent further action by FBI investigators. The Bureau also confirmed that tips from the tip line were instead provided to the Trump White House Counsel’s office, where their fate is unknown.

“The admissions in your letter corroborate and explain numerous credible accounts by individuals and firms that they had contacted the FBI with information ‘highly relevant to . . . allegations’ of sexual misconduct by Justice Kavanaugh, only to be ignored,” the senators write in their letter sent today. “If the FBI was not authorized to or did not follow up on any of the tips that it received from the tip line, it is difficult to understand the point of having a tip line at all.”

Whitehouse and Coons initially raised the lackluster supplemental background investigation in a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing with Director Wray in July 2019. Whitehouse observed during the hearing the clear lack of process through which the public or members of Congress could relay information to the FBI after the troubling allegations against Kavanaugh made headlines nationwide. Coons likewise pressed Wray for a clear procedure. As both senators noted, the only conduit for information potentially relevant to the allegations was a “tip line,” the product of which was apparently never pursued by the Bureau. During the hearing, Wray echoed Republican claims that the FBI conducted the investigation “by the book,” while asserting that supplemental background investigations are less rigorous than criminal and counterintelligence investigations.

On August 1, 2019, Coons and Whitehouse wrote to Wray asking for a complete picture of how the FBI handled the supplemental background investigation of Kavanaugh. They asked why the FBI failed to contact witnesses whose names were provided to the FBI as possessing “highly relevant” information; how involved the Trump White House was in narrowing the scope of the investigation; whether the FBI had used a tip line in previous background investigations to manage incoming allegations and information regarding a nominee; and more.

Nearly two years later and after repeated follow-up requests, the FBI finally responded to Whitehouse and Coons’s questions. The June 30, 2021 letter from the FBI Office of Congressional Affairs revealed new information on the Kavanaugh investigation: that Justice Kavanaugh’s nomination “was the first time that the FBI set-up a tip line for a nominee undergoing Senate confirmation,” and that tip line received “over 4,500 tips, including phone calls and electronic submissions.” The FBI apparently pursued none of these tips. Instead, by the FBI’s own account, it merely “provided all relevant tips” to Trump’s Office of White House Counsel, the very office that had constrained and directed the limited investigation.

Whitehouse, Coons, Durbin, Leahy, Blumenthal, Hirono, and Booker call on the FBI to answer a range of outstanding questions surrounding the Bureau’s use of the tip line and the relevant information it yielded. The senators press the Bureau for any records and communications related to the tip line investigation, including “all relevant tips” described in Wray’s letter that the FBI “provided . . . to the Office of White House Counsel.”

There are other document linked at Whitehouse's site.

• Thank You 7

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

I'm sure he's treating it with beer.

Lots and lots of beer.

He likes beer.

Alcohol is a disinfectant right? So he's just following TFG's suggestion of ingesting disinfectant to fight the virus. In the form of beer. Lots of beer. So much beer.

• Haha 10

Damn, I'd like to see this guy publicly humiliated, corruption exposed, and have his ass in a dumpster.  Call me grumpy, but also f**k lying Amy Coney Barrett and the rigged appointment process she rode in on. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

1 minute ago, Howl said:

Damn, I'd like to see this guy publicly humiliated, corruption exposed, and have his ass in a dumpster.  Call me grumpy, but also f**k lying Amy Coney Barrett and the rigged appointment process she rode in on. 

This! I honestly can't decide which of them I hate more. The drunk who likes to hurt women, or the Aunt who also likes to hurt women. I am still beside myself with rage that Aunt Amy is even ON the damn Court. McConnell is a hypocritical sack of shit.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 10

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.19e893c848b46a8398bb8a007a76d461.png

I am sure there are some positive numbers on his breathalyzer test too...

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 6