IGNORED

Russian priests drop holy water from plane to combat alcoholism and lust

fraurosena

Holy water helps against alcoholism and lust. Who knew?

• WTF 1
  • Haha 9

I'm sure there is a joke in there somewhere, involving blue ice falling from the sky.  But I'm not able to come up with one right now.

• Upvote 3

I can’t snark. The people there suffer from alcoholism as much as Native populations here. Seems it’s just a genetic thing or something. My particular Rus DNA doesn't seem to have that component but I never get smug about it. Seems like always lurking. Along with the d@#% depression.

Rather than lament about lack of f2f, I give props for at least giving a desperate long-shot a try. No personal offense meant to those of  opposing opinions, of course. 

• Upvote 6

Russian priests dumped holy water over a town to protect it from alcohol consumption and lust in honor of All-Russian Sobriety Day

(not the) AP: News emerged today that Russian priests sprinkled holy water over a town recently to protect it from "alcohol consumption and lust". Reactions from locals were mixed:

"I think it's a lovely idea, like a blessing from the skies."  - Lyudmila, age 86

"Glad it was just holy water, not some of that blue ice the planes sometimes drop."  - Pavel, age 28

"Seems like they could come up with something better than just dropping water from the sky, doesn't it?" - Ekaterina, age 32

"Are they going to switch to grape juice for communion, now?"  - Sergei, age 19

"I'm so glad they chose to do that during the day! It's downright dangerous, dumping holy water down onto an unsuspecting town like that. If it becomes a trend, I'll have to move... I've not been able to visit Africa since that Toto song came out years ago, I don't want to lose access to my hometown, too." - Vlad, age 437

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

If I’d ever been a stoner or back when I went through a good 20 cigarettes a day, I would have asked for some “holy smoke” to go with the water.... 

• Haha 4