IGNORED

Gabriel Hudelson: Where the Battle Runs Thick

NachosFlandersStyle

I don't think we've ever discussed Gabriel Hudelson before, have we? He's a young father who I think comes from a VF background. He is very argumentative online and pops up in a lot of Facebook threads. 

Anyway, he has a brand-new blog and it's a goldmine of tedious male jackassery. He's sick and tired of strong female characters in movies and has an enormous volume of words to say about it! Lots of old-time unvarnished sexism, all presented in the tone of a self-styled edgy truth-teller--

"[My wife] was made for this- to help me raise my kids- to enable me to focus on the work that God has called me to do outside the home because I know that she’s back there making sure it all keeps going [...]

Indeed, throughout history, the best and most famous in every professional field have always been males. Artists, composers, authors, psychologists, politicians, generals, bakers, tailors, scientists, inventors, architects- you name it- the ones you will find in your history books are predominantly male.

Why? Because society has held women down and prevented them from expressing their gifts? Perhaps in some cases, but not generally."

He also invites those of us in the "enemy camp" to come read his blog, so here ya go. https://wherethebattlerunsthick.home.blog/

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 1
  • Angry 1
  • WTF 17
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I feel sorry for his wife. I would hate to be married to such a fragile little man child. 

I note that she doesn't have a calling to raise children-- she's raising his children so he can pursue his calling. 

He goes out of his way to demean and belittle women, even by fundie standards. And then he insists that he's not saying women are lesser, just different, and aren't we the bigots if we think things that are different are less-than? It's like saying "I'm going to eat this fine steak, and meanwhile, you can have this dry piece of bread. What? They're just two different types of food. You've been brainwashed to think the steak is better. Are you saying all bread is worthless?"

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, cindyluvs24 said:

Anyone remember The Little Rascals and "The HeMan Woman Haters Club"?

Clip at the beginning of REO Speedwagon’s “Tough Guys”:

DARLA:  “Alfalfa, will you swing me before we have lunch?”

ALFALFA:  “Sure, Darla.”

SPANKY, “Say, Romeo, what about your promise to the He-Man Woman Haters Club?”

ALFALFA:  “I’m sorry, Spanky, but I have to live my own life.”

Edited by smittykins
  • Haha 8

He's been a tedious jackass for years (if not life). His new blog sounds just like the old one: https://allauthority.blogspot.com/

He was definitely VF back in the day, he even did weird album with Faith Phillips (daughter o'tool): https://www.amazon.com/Gabriel-Hudelson-Faith-Evangeline-Phillips/dp/B00QM9DMF8

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

15 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

He also invites those of us in the "enemy camp" to come read his blog, so here ya go. https://wherethebattlerunsthick.home.blog/

By far the most amusing aspect of this page was that it was full of adverts for toenail fungus cures.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

Christ on a Cracker - grandiose verbosity, thy name is Gabriel.

Funny, he sounds just like DPIART in the late 90's.

I see burlesque dancers in your future, Gabe.  :pb_lol:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Christ on a Cracker - grandiose verbosity, thy name is Gabriel.

His motto: "Why use one word when 22 will do?"

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

His music sounds like a bargain-basement version of Benjamin Botkin's.

If the 99 Cent store had a bargain basement...  ?

• Haha 7

20 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Sounds like a graduate of the Ken Alexander School of Linguistics.

• Haha 8

We -- ok, it was me -- coined a phrase a few years back when someone connected with the insufferable Bayly Bros was opining at length on why female action heroes were so, so unbiblical: longform wankery. Surely until we came along he was writing to an audience of one.

His album with Faith Phillips is titled "Womb of the Dawn."

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2

Anyone else notice how like half of that wall of text (edit: in the first post that comes up, "fight like a girl part 2) is him explaining how he's not a misogynist? I feel like if you have to spend as much time justifying how your point of view isn't sexist and dehumanizing, it's probably both. 

Edited by Sonic the Whoredgehog
Clarification and spelling
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

4 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

"Womb of the Dawn."

Just four little words and yet so astoundingly cringe worthy, because every single person seeing that is going Womb of Dawn?  Who's she and why are we discussing her uterus?  And wouldn't "Womb of the Dawn" just be, like, "Sunrise?" 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

On 9/15/2019 at 1:42 AM, Four is Enough said:

The more words you use and the longer those words are the more intelligent people think you are, right? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2