IGNORED

Protein Powder?

Smash!

After reading a book about the risks of being overweight I want to get rid of my slightly obese BMI and reach normal weight again. I started counting calories which was an eye opener in many ways. 

Until I'm in the only overweight range I cut down calories significantly and want to substitute breakfast with a protein shake. Can anyone recommend a good (and tasty) protein powder that can be mixed with water?

Edited by Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Smash! said:

After reading a book about the risks of being overweight I want to get rid of my slightly obese BMI and reach normal weight again. I started counting calories which was an eye opener in many ways. 

Until I'm in the only overweight range I cut down calories significantly and want to substitute breakfast with a protein shake. Can anyone recommend a good (and tasty) protein powder that can be mixed with water?

Optimum Nutrition is a good whey-based powder. 

I like Spirutein myself, but a lot of people don't like the drawbacks. It's plant-based rather than whey-based, so you don't have the, ahem, flatulence issues. It also doesn't affect my skin like whey-based does. However, like most plant-based powders, it doesn't really blend into the liquid. I've gotten used to that but some people don't like it. It's also not going to contain quite as much protein as any animal-based product, but that shouldn't matter too much if you aren't looking to build a lot of muscle. 

Also, mixing both of these powders with unsweetened almond milk rather than water tastes a lot better to me and doesn't add many calories. 

And congratulations on focusing on your health! That takes courage and I wish you well. 

• Love 1

• 1 month later...
Optimum Nutrition is a good whey-based powder. 
I like Spirutein myself, but a lot of people don't like the drawbacks. It's plant-based rather than whey-based, so you don't have the, ahem, flatulence issues. It also doesn't affect my skin like whey-based does. However, like most plant-based powders, it doesn't really blend into the liquid. I've gotten used to that but some people don't like it. It's also not going to contain quite as much protein as any animal-based product, but that shouldn't matter too much if you aren't looking to build a lot of muscle. 
Also, mixing both of these powders with unsweetened almond milk rather than water tastes a lot better to me and doesn't add many calories. 
And congratulations on focusing on your health! That takes courage and I wish you well. 

Nausicaa thank you for the recommendation and sorry I didn't answer sooner. Somehow I just discovered now that there is an answer to my thread.[emoji850] I've been looking now into powders with different proteins as those are supposed to fill the stomach more.
  • Love 1