IGNORED

Lori Alexander 71: She of Appalling Ignorance

My parents weren't big on corporal punishment, but if I had ever talked to an adult like that when I was 4, I think I would have been in some serious trouble. Innocent remarks would have passed, but scolding an adult wouldn't have flown in our house at all.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Sobeknofret said:

My parents weren't big on corporal punishment, but if I had ever talked to an adult like that when I was 4, I think I would have been in some serious trouble. Innocent remarks would have passed, but scolding an adult wouldn't have flown in our house at all.

Yes!  I’m sure I made a lot of parenting mistakes but it was a firm rule that my kids never correct an adult or tell an adult what to do. I think it is incredibly rude and, when a child is not corrected for it, indicates a child who is SEVERELY undisciplined. 

If Lori had overheard a child talk to or about her like that, she’d be all over the place screeching about people not raising godly kids. I’m guessing this was one of Ryan’s kids, which does not surprise me. He seems like such a weasel, I’d be surprised if he had time to teach manners. 

Side Note: I’ve often said that kids do and say ridiculous things.  It depends on how the adults in their lives handle those things as to whether they learn to do better next time. With a child being praised for shaming an adult, I don’t have much hope that the Alexander kids are raising pleasant kids.

What Lori doesn’t realize is that, to normal people, she is saying “My son is raising a little snot and I am SO PROUD him for it.” 

• Upvote 19
  • Love 2

24 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Of course, it's just that any reasonable person would avoid situations they find offensive.  She's not reasonable of course. I think she likes looking at nearly naked bodies. 

She wants to let her kink out on them - she dreams of carrying her paddle in her purse and paddling all those thonged or barely covered bottoms.  She has a thing for physical and mental  violence against women and children.  I truly think it turns her on in a way Ken never has.   As the weaker sex, she only likes to mentally abuse him or used to, before she got 'transformed'.  Well, except for that one time she hit him, but we all know that doesn't make her an abuser.   But no reason not to keep up the cruelty with the rest of the world!  What's a little paddling and strapping?  It solves everything!  Women and children need it!   

As to the kid - things that never happened for $500, Alex.    She made that up - however, kids that age do comment about other people a lot, "Mommy, why is he in a wheelchair?"  "She's fat!" "That person walks funny!"  "Why do his eyes look like that?"    It is how we teach them more about empathy and how other people are different but also have feelings, and manners and the proper times to ask questions.   Kids who have been on a beach or at a pool have seen swimsuits.  The kid might have said, 'that woman is showing her bottom!' and that would have been a teachable moment for most of us.  For Lori - a way to take literary license and shame the woman and praise herself.   Because it is all about Lori.   EDTA - and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Lori was the one pointing out the uncovered bottom she wanted to paddle.   

Edited by SweetLaurel
adding
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

My thought is that she’s referring to one of Ryan’s kids as well. I find it interesting that the child would say something like that- Alyssa has shown IG stories with Ryan’s kids- she and John have taken them to the beach- and we all know that Alyssa wears tiny bikinis. 

Speaking of Alyssa- Lori has flown to NY after Stephen and Emily had babies, and she’s also gone to TX for Ryan and Cassi. She helps Ryan and Erin all of the time it seems. But her oldest- who finally had a baby after struggling with infertility- has finally had a baby and all Lori has done is post 1 pic in her stories. It may be what Alyssa wants (and needs), but I’m sad for her nonetheless. I hope she is the one to completely break the cycle- no cry it out, no forcing children to stay their rooms for hours, no beatings, no starvation, and whatever else she endured. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Side Note: I’ve often said that kids do and say ridiculous things.  It depends on how the adults in their lives handle those things as to whether they learn to do better next time. With a child being praised for shaming an adult, I don’t have much hope that the Alexander kids are raising pleasant kids.

What Lori doesn’t realize is that, to normal people, she is saying “My son is raising a little snot and I am SO PROUD him for it.” 

*If* the incident happened, I'm betting the child's logic went something like this: "Grandma complains about seeing people in swimsuits, and if I scold someone in a swimsuit, maybe Grandma will like it, and then maybe she'll like me."

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SweetLaurel said:

As to the kid - things that never happened for $500, Alex.    She made that up - however, kids that age do comment about other people a lot, "Mommy, why is he in a wheelchair?"  "She's fat!" "That person walks funny!"  "Why do his eyes look like that?"    It is how we teach them more about empathy and how other people are different but also have feelings, and manners and the proper times to ask questions.   Kids who have been on a beach or at a pool have seen swimsuits.  The kid might have said, 'that woman is showing her bottom!' and that would have been a teachable moment for most of us.  For Lori - a way to take literary license and shame the woman and praise herself.   Because it is all about Lori.   EDTA - and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Lori was the one pointing out the uncovered bottom she wanted to paddle.   

No one seems to have taught Lori about the bolded, so good luck to that kid if Lori is supposed to teach her that.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

I agree with all the comments above. Indeed, if Lori's grandchild said such an inappropriate thing to an adult, she must be a rude little girl. For the child's sake, I would hope her parents (mother at least, in this case) would realize what time with Grandma Lori is really teaching! It's certainly not the Christian traits of meekness and humility or even basic manners.  

Edited by fluffy
  • Upvote 12

On 9/15/2019 at 5:21 PM, Lgirlrocks said:

This is how Lori looks when she is caught lying. 5F02AA7C-EB9B-487D-990A-56345E2AF767.thumb.jpeg.e5f4b9a4fdd7220f876db93463e0d867.jpeg

*so this is my dog who decided to get something out of the trash. He is wearing the trash can lid of shame. Does he look guilty? Nope not at all.

What a sweetheart!  Here's my favorite video of those situations:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • Love 4

5 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

What a sweetheart!  Here's my favorite video of those situations:

So cute! Thanks for sharing! That’s been Hagrid before. He doesn’t get why he can’t get in the trash or why the food wasn’t given to him. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

I suspect Lori's children have asked her not to show their children on her social media - or only in a very limited way, like an Insta-Story. I can't blame them if they did. Lori actively invites hostility from total strangers. It's creepy. There are very unstable people out there.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 11

Lori posts a lot about boobs, butts and sex, so I'm not surprised she goes to the beach in order to look for women to ogle judge and shame. 

It makes me wonder what sort of "research" she does all day on the internet, since it's obviously not checking the credentials of the people she quotes.  (Eww.)

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, hollyfeller said:

Lori's tweet about her granddaughter at the beach is gone.  I guess she deleted it for some reason?

I’m shocked that she deleted it and wonder what transpired for this to happen. We know Ken can’t tell her what to do. I doubt she’d care much about her son’s concerns. If he happened to have been upset about her portraying his daughter in a negative way, she wouldn’t care. 

It has always amazed me how freely Lori portrays her “loved ones” in a negative light. I can’t count the ways she makes Ken seem like a cruel, sex starved buffoon (I mean he IS one, but still...).  She’s written about Ryan as though he abused his child. She has written many derogatory things about her parents. Now, she writes an account that makes her preschool-aged granddaughter seem like a mouthy, undisciplined child and she describes it as something to be proud of. 

And, until now, her family (except for Aunt Ginny) has all just sat back and let her abuse them through her writings. I don’t get it. I don’t get why they all enable her like this.  She definitely shows us, every day, who runs that family. Are they all just thrilled to see her be cruel to others and are willing to be attacked themselves to let her go on with her hate?  

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3

Children know nakedness in public is wrong? Are we talking about the same species? I mean how many of us know toddlers/littles that are apparently allergic to clothes? I know several kids who will randomly try running around naked. My nieces did. The same creatures who will lift up their skirts or their pull down their pants for whatever reason? Give me a break Lori. Also encouraging a child to comment like that towards an adult goes against your very teaching.  How would you feel Lori, if a little girl came up to you and started scolding you for your lumberjack outfit with the plaid shirt, jeans, and boots? “ lady, real women dress like women. They don’t wear men’s patterns” 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

Lori's doubling down on the blasphemy today - her most recent tweet:

"The Transformed Wife

@laalex2

·

3h

If you think you’re teaching “biblical womanhood” but teaching the opposite of what I teach, you’re teaching feminism not biblical womanhood."

• Upvote 1
  • Angry 2
  • WTF 12

48 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

Lori's doubling down on the blasphemy today - her most recent tweet:

"The Transformed Wife

@laalex2

·

3h

If you think you’re teaching “biblical womanhood” but teaching the opposite of what I teach, you’re teaching feminism not biblical womanhood."

She thinks she is beyond reproach.  That's the opposite of a soft, teachable heart that she brags about.  The power of her interwebz "ministry" has gone to her head and she thinks she is perfect.  It's a recipe for disaster.

• Upvote 14

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

And, until now, her family (except for Aunt Ginny) has all just sat back and let her abuse them through her writings. I don’t get it. I don’t get why they all enable her like this.  She definitely shows us, every day, who runs that family. Are they all just thrilled to see her be cruel to others and are willing to be attacked themselves to let her go on with her hate?  

Who is Aunt Ginny?  I assume Lori's sister?  and what did she say/do? thanks.

• Upvote 3

Aunt Ginny is Lori's mom's sister. She has called Lori out for her BS, but I haven't seen anything from her in a long time. 

I wouldn't put it past Lori to ban her own aunt though.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

23 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Aunt Ginny is Lori's mom's sister. She has called Lori out for her BS, but I haven't seen anything from her in a long time. 

I wouldn't put it past Lori to ban her own aunt though.

There was a second aunt as well, though I don't recall her name.

Both of them called Lori out when she would talk crap about her mother on her Always Learning blog.  It was a beautiful thing.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, Liza said:

Who is Aunt Ginny?  I assume Lori's sister?  and what did she say/do? thanks.

As others mentioned, she is Lori’s aunt who took great offense to the way Lori described her mother’s upbringing, etc. Ken repeatedly referred to her as “Jenny,” despite her name being right there in front of him as he responded to her comments. I agree that Lori has probably blocked her from commenting further. 

I wish Aunt Ginny would come visit us. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3

As someone commented on this tweet “someone woke up on the arrogant side of the bed this morning”. You know, as a Christian feminist I wouldn’t even dare to say that if you go against my thoughts you’re unbiblical. There are many pieces of Scripture that just don’t have a solid interpretation from my understanding. The part about faith is understanding that some things are a mystery or beyond comprehension. What we’re left with is the very plain command to love God and love others. 

762588D3-2B57-4C61-A360-CD6D9394C19D.png

• Upvote 14
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, Sarah92 said:

s someone commented on this tweet “someone woke up on the arrogant side of the bed this morning”.

I love the way you put this  ... "woke up on the arrogant side of the bed".   Had me laughing.  It is so true, but funny because she gets it wrong so much.  I have read that the most ignorant think they are the smartest and that smart people tend to underrate themselves.  Not sure if that's really true as it was an opinion piece.  

4 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

The part about faith is understanding that some things are a mystery or beyond comprehension. What we’re left with is the very plain command to love God and love others. 

Agree with you here, Sarah 100%.  Fundamentalists to wrap it all up in one neat box,  and they make the pieces fit. 

I guess I have always been a "doubting Thomas" who still manages to believe in God, but cannot put myself in a particular religious box except to say that Jesus' teachings  make the most sense to me.  I guess Progressive Christianity is the closest fit for me, but it has so few followers.

• Upvote 13

Sorry about my double post up there. I came out of my root canal and saw that. I have no idea how I did it. 

If our very kind mods/helpmeets wish to delete one, that’d be great. 

I need Motrin. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 13

9 minutes ago, ColeJo said:

Lori, I’m surprised that you’re actually pretty progressive. ?

D31555C3-DFE3-4341-A71B-BAC77F94C2A3.jpeg

That's pretty funny and actually the second time she did that. She did that on one of her "YOUTUBES" a while ago!!  hahah

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic