IGNORED

Lori Alexander 71: She of Appalling Ignorance

11 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I got all the seriously potent meds out of the house immediately after hub died. The clouds were so dark, I couldn't get out of bed. The thought of living without him is still too much to bear...BUT...I'm taking steps to heal. 

I'm willing to bet if Ken died tomorrow, she wouldn't grieve for a minute. She'd whine and cry that she's a widow now but she wouldn't stop her trash talking and social media bullshit for a minute. Hell, I doubt she would even go to the funeral. 

Her "advice" is the WORST advice EVER for dealing with grief. Yes, there's a certain amount of "fake it 'til you make it", that is managing to get things that have to be done, done. But, it's not linear, it's like riding a roller coaster. I've fallen into a pattern of one day of "normal shit" like running errands, and one day of sleeping all day. It's ok. Any day you can make it out of bed and take a shower and eat something is a victory. Yesterday was three hard things in a row...making the final funeral arrangements, shrink visit and Griefshare class last night. I crashed at 10pm, woke up at 8 am, grabbed a cup of coffee and a smoke and was crashed out again by 10am, slept until about 2pm. 

Lori is no expert on grief...I don't think she spent one minute grieving for her mother. Cold, EVIL bitch. 

And here I am, trying to hold it together and usually failing miserably. 

You aren’t failing miserably. What you are doing is grieving like a normal, loving, kind, empathetic person who very recently lost her life partner. A life partner, who by all accounts, loved, honored, and cherished you. It’s a sign of healthy attachment. And as you said, grief is a process- and it’s not linear. You will move in and out of those stages at different points in time probably for the rest of your life. The intensity will change, and you will be able to manage them better/differently. 

Be patient with and kind to yourself. You are doing hard emotional work. Sleep and eat when you need to. Surround yourself with people that will sit with you on those days when you can’t move out of your own way. Surround yourself with people who are patient and understand the grieving process. And if it’s helpful, keep going to grief share and your “shrink”. 

Sending love and prayers to you. 

• Love 28

26 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I got all the seriously potent meds out of the house immediately after hub died. The clouds were so dark, I couldn't get out of bed. The thought of living without him is still too much to bear...BUT...I'm taking steps to heal. 

I'm willing to bet if Ken died tomorrow, she wouldn't grieve for a minute. She'd whine and cry that she's a widow now but she wouldn't stop her trash talking and social media bullshit for a minute. Hell, I doubt she would even go to the funeral. 

Her "advice" is the WORST advice EVER for dealing with grief. Yes, there's a certain amount of "fake it 'til you make it", that is managing to get things that have to be done, done. But, it's not linear, it's like riding a roller coaster. I've fallen into a pattern of one day of "normal shit" like running errands, and one day of sleeping all day. It's ok. Any day you can make it out of bed and take a shower and eat something is a victory. Yesterday was three hard things in a row...making the final funeral arrangements, shrink visit and Griefshare class last night. I crashed at 10pm, woke up at 8 am, grabbed a cup of coffee and a smoke and was crashed out again by 10am, slept until about 2pm. 

Lori is no expert on grief...I don't think she spent one minute grieving for her mother. Cold, EVIL bitch. 

And here I am, trying to hold it together and usually failing miserably. 

I’m so sorry for what you are going through! I’m sure it’s hard. I haven’t lost a spouse so I can’t relate on that level. Loosing my dad was so hard. You’ll get through this! It won’t be easy but you can do it. You are taking steps and that’s what matters. 80CE9CBE-E00F-4EAC-BAB0-4D9502D06357.thumb.jpeg.3f8f6746315272df92734936ace952bc.jpeg

I’ve been more “oppressed” since being in between jobs then I was when working. I suffer from depression and having a job helps a lot. It gives me a purpose and a paycheck. I love on my fur babies and my bf even while working. I walk the fur babies every day and make home cooked meals for the bf. I did that while working 60 hours a week. 

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, Frog99 said:

haphazardly. Her speech was faster, she slurred words less, and didn’t seem to be grasping for the words to her her point across

I thought the same thing!!!! It was weird.

and I know this sounds awful, but I’m going to say it:  I believe that Lori only feels bad about that pastor only because they were a young white Christian couple and attractive. That’s why it’s so tragic to her .  But if it happened to some abused working woman, well they didn’t love God enough or their faith wasn’t strong enough

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9

@Lgirlrocks Having a job has helped my depression also. I recently graduated college with no idea what I'm going to do next. I currently clean the church campus. It's not much, but it's a job. Would Lori be mad at me that I'm working outside the home or would she be okay with it because my boss is technically my dad? ? (My dad is the head of the maintenance department, but the pastor signs the checks.)

• Upvote 10
  • Love 4

7 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

My niece used to love sardines when she was little. Here was this adorable five year old going through the cabinets at her grandma’s house and she brings my sister a sardine can. Next thing I know said child is scarfing them down. ??‍♀️ 

Anything's posssible! I was referring to when Lori served her grandkids sardines, with slimy salad I think. Your niece nothwithstanding, this was not a typical kid-friendly meal. My DD still won't have anything to do with any form of fish or seafood, and she's quite an adult! Mr. SB loves sardines though. I don't like the idea of sardines in a can, so I don't eat them. 

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 10

6 hours ago, raspberrymint said:

I've had people judge me for drinking tap water and not owning a filter, so...

Lori was concerned about her guests consuming too much of HER water, not the quality of the water. She's very cheap. Anyone who is judging you for this is stupid. I drink unfiltered tap water all the time, it's good Lake Michigan water. 

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 15

@Sonic the Whoredgehog,  anyone who thinks that other animals do not suffer while giving birth is a complete moron.  They've never been around farm animals or domestic animals giving birth.  I've been present where my vet brother was doing a c-section on a horse in a field.  The foal was stillborn and the mother lost so much blood that she was euthanized.  One of a large animal vet's tools of the trade is a calf jack and it's probably in the cattleman's toolkit as well.  Lots of calves get stuck in the pelvis and mom needs help giving birth. Pulling the calf out helps to save the calf, but mother as well.    A dog giving birth to a large litter may get so exhausted whelping that she needs help as well. It's called labor for a reason!

• Upvote 18
  • Love 2

We all know suicide didn't exist in the good old days when mothers didn't have outside the home jobs. Suicide is a feminist invention.

?

• Upvote 22

This is from Twitter today.

Screen Shot 2019-09-14 at 3.32.46 pm.png

I'm guessing her narrow distinction here is that women should stay home and do bible study (preferably with the bible study guide SHE wrote), not go out of the home where she might sit down in fellowship with other women?

The stupid..... it hurts so much.

Edited by Katzchen24
  • Upvote 13
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

23 hours ago, Sonic the Whoredgehog said:

Any farmer will tell you that cows and ewes and mares suffer giving birth.

I was just going to say anyone that has watched a calf being pulled will likely disagree about animals not being in pain during birth

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

@SongRed7 thank you for watching it and summarizing, I really appreciate not having to watch it. 

I usually try my best to not hate people even if I hate what they teach, but fucking hell I hate her. This latest debacle seals the deal. I always told myself I would never take my own life because I've experienced first hand what it does to a family, but I've been damn close. I thought about it daily for years. I didn't "allow" those thoughts to take over. They took me by force. My mind and heart were so broken that they didn't want my body to live any more. There is no "one day at a time" when it's that bad because you can't stop yourself from looking ahead to a million more days of hell. There is no "live until you can live again" when you don't want to live at all. It's like being stuck on top of a 1,000-foot telephone pole that's swaying in the wind and it's taking all of your strength just to hold on, but your muscles hurt and you're full of splinters and you just want to let go even though you're terrified of the fall. Three therapists, three medications, and some self-medicating later, I'm back on my feet but every time I stumble, those thoughts pop back in. They're not going to win, but I don't think they'll ever go away. Now that I'm stable, those thoughts are painful and heavy. I can push them away, but I can't ignore them. I can't "not think about it" unless I get so drunk that I can't think at all. 

Her advice is pure, unadulterated bullshit. It's dangerous and insulting. I hate her. She doesn't know what suffering is, but she'll learn when God spits in her face on judgement day and sends her where she belongs. Lori, tell me how well your own advice works when you're burning in hell. Take eternity one day at a time, bitch. 

/rant. I am a little hungover and a lot pissy this morning. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 26

13 hours ago, cindyluvs24 said:

If Ken told her to stop her bullshit, would she "submit and obey"  ?  I suspect she would suddenly get a parasite or inflammation attack until he folded and she got her way.

When @Ken was here a few years ago, he flat out said that Lori doesn't always submit to him.   We tried to get across to him how dangerous some of her posts were and I think we had some marginal success.  He did get her to change a few things at least temporarily, but again he flat out said she wouldn't make some of the changes he suggested.

Lori is NOT submissive and she preaches things she, herself, did not and does not do.

It's only a matter of time before she has blood on her hands.  I hope when that time comes that she is held responsible.

7 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

I'm guessing her narrow distinction here is that women should stay home and do bible study (preferably with the bible study guide SHE wrote), not go out of the home where she might sit down in fellowship with other women?

I keep thinking she will clue in on the "it's not in the bible" argument is stupid, but nope.

We can all play this game Lori.  You know what other things weren't in the bible?

Cars, computers, cell phones, the internet, blogs, youtube, videos, tablets, mixers, dishwashers, washing machines, expensive facial products, denim, cameras...I could od this all day.

Lori, you are an idiot and a dangerous one at that.

• Upvote 23
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

Because the Bible didn't exist in Biblical times, Lori.

Stupidity really isn't funny, but I can't stop laughing at this tweet.

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Sonic the Whoredgehog,  anyone who thinks that other animals do not suffer while giving birth is a complete moron.  They've never been around farm animals or domestic animals giving birth.  I've been present where my vet brother was doing a c-section on a horse in a field.  The foal was stillborn and the mother lost so much blood that she was euthanized.  One of a large animal vet's tools of the trade is a calf jack and it's probably in the cattleman's toolkit as well.  Lots of calves get stuck in the pelvis and mom needs help giving birth. Pulling the calf out helps to save the calf, but mother as well.    A dog giving birth to a large litter may get so exhausted whelping that she needs help as well. It's called labor for a reason!

I’ve recently discovered The Incredible Dr. Pol on Nat Geo Wild, and I get worried whenever he’s called out on a farm birthing emergency because the survival rate of the baby(and sometimes the mother)tends to run less than 50% from what I’ve seen.

• Upvote 6

25 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Because the Bible didn't exist in Biblical times, Lori.

Stupidity really isn't funny, but I can't stop laughing at this tweet.

Are you trying to say that the Bible was written ages after Jesus lived and died, went past a committee, bits were left out, and then it went through a series of translations, each of which altered things??? :)

• Upvote 17
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

I’ve recently discovered The Incredible Dr. Pol on Nat Geo Wild, and I get worried whenever he’s called out on a farm birthing emergency because the survival rate of the baby(and sometimes the mother)tends to run less than 50% from what I’ve seen.

Most farmers don't call the vet out till the situation is dire.  Most of the time, they have some knowledge, do their best and the animals often manage after a while.  The thought is to try what you know to do, wait it out.  When the vet is called - things have been going south for a while.   But realistically, you simply can't run a farm and have a vet run out all the time.  You have to do everything you can first.  It sucks, but that is the real world.   

Edited by SweetLaurel
adding
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, samurai_sarah said:

Are you trying to say that the Bible was written ages after Jesus lived and died, went past a committee, bits were left out, and then it went through a series of translations, each of which altered things??? :)

To be technical (not that I don't get your point), the Old Testament/Hebrew scripture existed in Jesus's time. He quoted it, according to the authors of the Gospels. 

BUT there was no printing press, households didn't have copies and literacy rates were likely very low (there isn't data). So a "Bible study", as we know it, wouldn't really have been a thing. Scripture was taught in synagogues as that form of Judaism in practice was emerging. And the O.T. references the importance of learning the scriptures. What exactly does Lori think it means when it says to learn the statutes and laws? Given that it was mostly passed as oral tradition at the time, people would have studied to learn it together. 

We could even call what they did a "Bible Study". 

Try again, Lori. Try again. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, louisa05 said:

To be technical (not that I don't get your point), the Old Testament/Hebrew scripture existed in Jesus's time. He quoted it, according to the authors of the Gospels. 

BUT there was no printing press, households didn't have copies and literacy rates were likely very low (there isn't data). So a "Bible study", as we know it, wouldn't really have been a thing. Scripture was taught in synagogues as that form of Judaism in practice was emerging. And the O.T. references the importance of learning the scriptures. What exactly does Lori think it means when it says to learn the statutes and laws? Given that it was mostly passed as oral tradition at the time, people would have studied to learn it together. 

We could even call what they did a "Bible Study". 

Try again, Lori. Try again. 

You're absolutely right and I concede your point.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, samurai_sarah said:

Well, the New Testament, at any rate! :pb_lol: (although, yes, I do know the Old Testament existed, albeit in far different physical form than we're familiar with today)

I swear, I think Lori truly believes that people in Bible times went around with their KJVs published by Zondervan, zipped up neatly in their Bible carry cases with Thomas Kinkade scenes embroidered on them,  ready to whip out whenever Pastor Paul said, 'Now, turn to Chapter 8 in my letter to the Romans.' :rolleyes:

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, Loveday said:

Well, the New Testament, at any rate! :pb_lol: (although, yes, I do know the Old Testament existed, albeit in far different physical form than we're familiar with today)

I swear, I think Lori truly believes that people in Bible times went around with their KJVs published by Zondervan, zipped up neatly in their Bible carry cases with Thomas Kinkade scenes embroidered on them,  ready to whip out whenever Pastor Paul said, 'Now, turn to Chapter 8 in my letter to the Romans.' :rolleyes:

Goodness, to think she was a teacher is quite worrying!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 9

7 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Well, of course. And Jesus called Simon called Peter and  then Simon said, "well, I wasn't going to come, but it says here in Matthew Chapter 4 that I do. At least I think it's me? I don't know. No one's ever called me Peter before". 

And, of course, some in the unnamed group of followers probably didn't come along after all because they had already read the end and didn't find it too believable. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 17

2 hours ago, smittykins said:

Dr. Pol is cool,  I was just going to suggest watching him to a poster above you. And yes, when vets are called out for births, it's dire. He knows the worth of the calf and the heifer or cow but when he says the baby is dead he uses that tool to dismember the calf in utero to save the mama. Better to have a living mama than both to die. 

Why do, some, pro lifers not get this? Saving one life is better than losing both. And when birthing goes south, you don't stand back and pray and let nature take its course, you call for expert help and take action. On the show, you even see Amish calling Dr. Pol when things go bad. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Dr. Pol is cool,  I was just going to suggest watching him to a poster above you. And yes, when vets are called out for births, it's dire. He knows the worth of the calf and the heifer or cow but when he says the baby is dead he uses that tool to dismember the calf in utero to save the mama. Better to have a living mama than both to die. 

Why do, some, pro lifers not get this? Saving one life is better than losing both. And when birthing goes south, you don't stand back and pray and let nature take its course, you call for expert help and take action. On the show, you even see Amish calling Dr. Pol when things go bad. 

This procedure was performed on humans too in the past before save c-sections and it was the last chance to save the mothers life. I can't imagine the trauma for the poor mother to go such a procedure.

And now I have to binge watch a new tv show, I love vet shows.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I love all the vet shows.  I'm watching Dr. Pol right now and he's pulling a calf that has it's legs all bunched up so the mom can't give birth to it.

I really like Dr. K's show on Sunday and the new Dog Impossible that follows it.  I sometimes don't like the dog shows because they use aversions I don't like, but Dog Impossible was really good.  The guy on it is the Jackson Galaxy of dogs.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic