IGNORED

Lori Alexander 71: She of Appalling Ignorance

17 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

I guess what god says reigns supreme, but there isn't really a set up compatible with modern (or ancient life) that guarantees best outcomes for children. More likely the resilience of the child, as well as socioeconomic status, has greater impact. 

My dad always says that children survive and thrive in spite of their parents, not because of them. His meaning isn't to shit on parents in general, just that no one can be a perfect parent, kids get hurt and everyone makes mistakes, but mostly we all end up okay.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, hollyfeller said:

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but Lori's followers are so stupid.

stupid.thumb.JPG.7a9ec336aabfe450a8e1692234ecadd6.JPG

So if the epidural is wrong because it's avoiding punishment, let's take a look at the curse of the fall for men... 

Spoiler

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
    through painful toil you will eat food from it
    all the days of your life.
18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
    and you will eat the plants of the field.
19 By the sweat of your brow
    you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
    since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
    and to dust you will return.”

So by that logic, ibuprofen and aspirin are sins when a man's muscles ache. Pesticides are a sin. Deodorant and sweatbands are sins. Eating food you didn't grow is a sin. Embalming a dead body is a sin. And don't even get me started on tractors, combines, or-gasp- men who aren't farmers! By that logic every advancement that has led to the majority of men not working the field by hand every day is avoiding God's "just punishment". 

Also, I am fairly certain it is not true that "no other living creature suffers like humans do in childbirth". I think it's more likely that many people simply cannot properly empathize with animals and/or mistakenly believe they are able to accurately determine whether or not the animal is in pain. Any farmer will tell you that cows and ewes and mares suffer giving birth. And it's not "because of original sin". It's because from an evolutionary perspective, the human reproductive system is (pun intended) a clusterfuck. 

I believe that most of Genesis, especially creation, the garden of Eden, and the fall are metaphorical and were never meant to be taken literally. I genuinely don't think there's any other reasonable explanation that fits with the vast wealth of current scientific knowledge, and frankly I think people who interpret the English version of Genesis literally are a bit simple. 

(steps off soapbox) 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 14

Lori would never do any of these. Her reason for staying home is laziness. You can do these things and work. 90F0D96C-1F48-4A91-BAE2-B89BE5B9058C.thumb.jpeg.88052fda3a392f3bea61b30f1df7ab79.jpeg

Lori keeps people away. I would not let her near my children. 

Spoiler

E5A8C0C1-DA0F-4AED-A710-F2E9F1A0FA54.thumb.jpeg.51011e4d1d318701ea71525bf81051da.jpeg

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Lori would never do any of these. Her reason for staying home is laziness. You can do these things and work. 90F0D96C-1F48-4A91-BAE2-B89BE5B9058C.thumb.jpeg.88052fda3a392f3bea61b30f1df7ab79.jpeg

Lori keeps people away. I would not let her near my children. 

Hide contents

E5A8C0C1-DA0F-4AED-A710-F2E9F1A0FA54.thumb.jpeg.51011e4d1d318701ea71525bf81051da.jpeg

I'm sure no children were getting snacks at Lori's house (including hers). This is the woman who would begrudge an extra glass of water for her dinner guests.

• Upvote 16
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 4

16 hours ago, hollyfeller said:

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but Lori's followers are so stupid.

stupid.thumb.JPG.7a9ec336aabfe450a8e1692234ecadd6.JPG

So, if I didn't get an epidural, then I accepted God's Just Punishment™️ for a sin I didn't commit? What about the IV analgesic they gave me before I got stitches? (Post delivery stitches, I mean.) Was I avoiding my punishment, or because the baby was already born, was that okay with Ashley Alexia? Is ibuprofen after giving birth okay? What about for menstrual cramps? Or a heating pad? Smh

The loathing of all women, and the extreme legalism are just so painful to read sometimes.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 12

The Transformed Wife A husband is a boss in the sense that the wife is to submit to and obey him just as an employee would submit to and obey her boss, but a husband is one who loves his wife and a wife chose to marry him for life. Being a help meet to a husband is far superior than being a help meet to a boss which God never calls women to do.

Why do they insist on comparing a boss at a job with a husband?  A job is a paid task, a task that is replaceable.  If this job doesn't fit for some reason, there's another one around a corner.  People do what they are told because they are paid to do what they are told.  But then again she believes spouses to be replaceable so I guess I answered my own question.  You ever notice she always tells widows and widowers the best thing they can do is remarry as soon as possible so they have a mate.  Marriage really is just an obligatory transaction and love is a forced concept, not a feeling.  

@WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? It's not sinful if you use a bag of peas on your headache.  Peas are Godly.  Heating pads are not.  

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 10

52 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Why do they insist on comparing a boss at a job with a husband? 

Because to Lori, they are the same. They tell you what to do, then pay you to do it. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 12

I remember Lori Alexander saying she worried about the water dinner guest drank. The water! If I ever had such a selfish, cheap, and ridiculous thought, I would never have admitted it. Her lack of hospitality would have not served her well in bible times. Does she have any idea how she is perceived by normal people? She is selfish to her core, and I call BS on feeding the neighborhood kids when the grandchildren visit, for "hours" no less. If she did supply snacks, the other parents would get invoices for sure. At least she didn'say she gave the kids sardines, LOL. 

• Upvote 14
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

I guess we should be happy that if she gave the neighborhood kids a snack, it wasn’t her slimy cat-food salad with salmonella dressing.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Why do they insist on comparing a boss at a job with a husband? 

My boss hired me to do certain tasks and these tasks are written down in my contract. My boss expects me to follow his orders needed to do my work, but also to think for myself and correct him when he is wrong or bring up ideas to make our pharmacy better and to educate me further. He didn't expect me to submit nor obey him, I'm not a mindless drone.

• Upvote 17
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

At least she didn'say she gave the kids sardines, LOL. 

My niece used to love sardines when she was little. Here was this adorable five year old going through the cabinets at her grandma’s house and she brings my sister a sardine can. Next thing I know said child is scarfing them down. ??‍♀️ 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

Trigger alert:  New video by Lori on suicide.   Yesterday I wanted to punch her.  Doubly today. 

Highlights of video:

•  Victim blaming: people who commit suicide "are allowing the terrible thoughts to take over"
  • Even if something bad happens to you (like your child dies tragically) "don't consider suicide and here's some advice to get you through those awful times (this is ACTUALLY her advice) "Live until you can live again" and "Take one day at a time"
  • A major reason for suicide  are mental health issues and mental health issues (you know what's coming) are caused by mothers who have jobs outside the home. Yep...working mothers. and also divorce.
  • Tips to avoid suicidal thoughts: Just don't think about it and eat healthy food. 

There you go.  "Expert" advice from the least qualified person on earth.  That helped exactly no one. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Angry 8
  • Disgust 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 16
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, SongRed7 said:

Trigger alert:  New video by Lori on suicide.   Yesterday I wanted to punch her.  Doubly today. 

Highlights of video:

•  Victim blaming: people who commit suicide "are allowing the terrible  to take over"
  • Even if something bad happens to you (like your child dies tragically) "don't consider suicide and here's some advice to get you throw those awful times (this is ACTUALLY her advice) "Live until you can live again" and "Take one day at a time"
  • A major reason for suicide  are mental health issues and mental health issues (you know what's coming) are caused by mothers who have jobs outside the home. Yep...working mothers. and also divorce.
  • Tips to avoid suicidal thoughts: Just don't think about it and eat healthy food. 

There you go.  "Expert: advice from the least qualified person on earth.  That helped exactly no one. 

:pb_confused:  Jesus take the wheel. This is bad. Really, really bad. 

Maybe we should all post the national suicide prevention hotline in that video's comments. Can she delete comments on YouTube? At least we could keep her busy for awhile if everyone posts the number.

• Upvote 14

My mother didn’t work outside the home when I was growing up, nor was she divorced. She *was* unmarried though (lived with my dad, they got married when I was sixteen). Guess that’s why I’ve been diagnosed with social anxiety disorder. Gotcha, Lori.

Go fuck yourself, Lori. Bitch. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 9

2 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I remember Lori Alexander saying she worried about the water dinner guest drank. The water! If I ever had such a selfish, cheap, and ridiculous thought, I would never have admitted it. Her lack of hospitality would have not served her well in bible times. Does she have any idea how she is perceived by normal people? She is selfish to her core, and I call BS on feeding the neighborhood kids when the grandchildren visit, for "hours" no less. If she did supply snacks, the other parents would get invoices for sure. At least she didn'say she gave the kids sardines, LOL. 

I've had people judge me for drinking tap water and not owning a filter, so...

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Worried how? Was she living at Love Canal or she was annoyed they spent 0.0003 cents of her water bill?

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Aw, that's so sweet that Lori gives snacks to the neighborhood kids.

And when they're done does she invite them into her house made of gingerbread?

Spoiler

306173418_hanselgretel.jpg.78f8b3fc93004c60a4af3384ba9169ef.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 27
  • Love 2

Where I come from worrying about how much water your guests drink is basically a sin.

Speaking of sin...Lori, if anyone takes their life after watching your video on suicide, you will have blood on your hands! You're an evil fucking monster!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

45 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Speaking of sin...Lori, if anyone takes their life after watching your video on suicide, you will have blood on your hands! You're an evil fucking monster!

She doesn't care.  She Doesn't Care.  She tells women all the time that just because the doctors say not to have more kids or they could die, to just go ahead and try again or Jesus will hate you and you are evil and hate God.  She has zero empathy.   Suicide?  Shrug -well, again, you hate God!  No skin off her nose.   She has special bread to slather and women to degrade!

Edited by SweetLaurel
adding
  • Upvote 18
  • Love 2

I got all the seriously potent meds out of the house immediately after hub died. The clouds were so dark, I couldn't get out of bed. The thought of living without him is still too much to bear...BUT...I'm taking steps to heal. 

I'm willing to bet if Ken died tomorrow, she wouldn't grieve for a minute. She'd whine and cry that she's a widow now but she wouldn't stop her trash talking and social media bullshit for a minute. Hell, I doubt she would even go to the funeral. 

Her "advice" is the WORST advice EVER for dealing with grief. Yes, there's a certain amount of "fake it 'til you make it", that is managing to get things that have to be done, done. But, it's not linear, it's like riding a roller coaster. I've fallen into a pattern of one day of "normal shit" like running errands, and one day of sleeping all day. It's ok. Any day you can make it out of bed and take a shower and eat something is a victory. Yesterday was three hard things in a row...making the final funeral arrangements, shrink visit and Griefshare class last night. I crashed at 10pm, woke up at 8 am, grabbed a cup of coffee and a smoke and was crashed out again by 10am, slept until about 2pm. 

Lori is no expert on grief...I don't think she spent one minute grieving for her mother. Cold, EVIL bitch. 

And here I am, trying to hold it together and usually failing miserably. 

• Love 44

I shouldn’t have watched that video. But I did. And it’s horrifying and dangerous. She has zero understanding of suicide and mental health and minimizes the seriousness of the matter. Is it possible to report things on YouTube without an account? I would think there is but I couldn’t for the life of me figure it out. I can’t downvote or comment either. 

Content aside- for those who watched it- did you notice anything about Lori’s speech and mannerisms? Especially as she got going? To me she seemed to be preying on emotions (tsk tsk, Lori- according to you emotions are bad), and while it was nonsensical ramblings, I almost felt like it was a mantra that she repeats to herself daily, with the topics of working mothers and divorce thrown in haphazardly. Her speech was faster, she slurred words less, and didn’t seem to be grasping for the words to her her point across. For a brief moment, I thought I was watching a psychotic break. 

Also- I hadn’t heard about that pastor until someone here mentioned she was tweeting about it. It’s tragic- but what about that made her decide to hone in? 

As an aside, we have an acquaintance that had two suicide attempts. He came from a two parent, stay at home mom, fundamental Christian family. He has walked away from the faith- he hasn’t been able to reconcile the messages he received about mental health while growing up with the reality that he very much suffers from anxiety and depression and needs medication- it’s not a matter of turning his thoughts over to Christ. 

@Ken Alexander and Lori Alexander: you have no business interjecting yourselves into conversations about suicide. The only excusable post would be telling people to call the suicide prevention hotline for help. STOP telling people that they just need to change their thoughts. FULL ON STOP. Messages like yours keep people from seeking help. They internalize their feelings as failures on their part. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

I also am attending a Grief Share class.  Amazingly, someone in my small group was a person I worked with 28 years ago so we were able to re-connect.  

Last year, a young woman took her life at the front door of the ER at the hospital I worked at.  It was the middle of the afternoon, with a waiting room full of people.   I can't imagine the sadness and desperation that brought her to that point.  That event rocked our little world, and I continue to think of this person.  I would never portend to be able to understand the depth of emotion that goes into that decision.

Lori is a heartless bitch with a husband who enables her to spread her vile messages.  I not only hold her responsible, but Ken, too.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 5

If Ken told her to stop her bullshit, would she "submit and obey"  ?  I suspect she would suddenly get a parasite or inflammation attack until he folded and she got her way.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic