Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Lori Alexander 71: She of Appalling Ignorance

Recommended Posts

thoughtful

I'm sure Lori is picturing a Bible study in Biblical times in which the men are all reading from the King James version.

Paul's letter to the ImaginedByLorians, chapter 0, verse 0: Verily I say unto thee, thou shalt stop asking for new chapters! I am fornicating clueless about what happens next. Thou shalt give me a chance to write this shit first, OK?

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 26
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wallysmommy

The New Testament church did not have a pretty brick building with white pillars, a white steeple, chandeliers, and stained glass walls.  They met in -- ready now -- people's houses anywhere they could gather.  When the persecution heightened, they literally went underground.  

"Let's turn to Titus 2:3-5.  Oops, sorry, hasn't been written yet.  Paul is shipwrecked and doesn't have his laptop."

Her stupidity is painful.  A friend of mine took her life.  She seemed to be happy, successful in her job, lots of friends, but she was hiding such deep grief that no one saw.  I still have the key to her condo on my key ring to remember her as she was foster mom to one of my fur babies, and insisted on pet-sitting him whenever I went out of town.  

Here's a key difference between Lori (pretender) and true believers.  Lori never believes she is wrong, so she obviously doesn't believe in saying "I'm sorry" or repenting.  Others know when they are wrong, and ask for forgiveness from the ones they hurt and from God.  If you believe in a final judgment, Lori will have to stand and account for every word, every social media post, everything she's done for her own glory.  I'm sure she'll be ushered right into heaven and the angels will all cheer as she walks by because of she's a godly keeper at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tired
Sarah92

I didn’t watch the video on mental illness because one it’s a boundary of mine not to watch her videos and two because as a mental health professional I feel like it would enrage me and I don’t need that right now. 

But I’m that person who hospitalizes people for mental health reasons. Psychosis, suicidality, bipolar, aggression etc. During the day I primarily counsel children and my job requires we take on call hours throughout the month.  I hospitalized a child recently, someone who I’ve been working with for a while and it broke my heart. I can’t go into details but sometimes it leaves me shaking with grief over seeing their pain. I’ll leave and just rest my head on my steering wheel before driving home. Having a child beg to go home when you know they can’t ... Even during counseling sessions, I’ll have to take a deep breath before moving on to the next. But if I feel this way after interacting with people I can’t imagine how it feels to be living it everyday. I’ve dealt with my own mental health stuff and still do; however, it’s not just something that goes away with the snap of a finger. It’s hard work and it’s painful at times. How I wish it could be as easy as don’t think about it and it will go away. My advice is seek a mental health professional who can help. Or find a doctor who is knowledgeable about mental health if possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Unimpressed
Katzchen24

341092731_ScreenShot2019-09-15at7_41_02am.thumb.png.81aac0d75ab70eb6bc5390d5219a7b4d.png

I'd really like to know which books she's referring to, and how she knows that the authors preach to men. 

By now we all know that in Loriland if it's not specifically mentioned in the bible, she says it's unbiblical and forbidden.

I'm feeling a bit cranky with her this morning, so a short list of things that aren't specifically mentioned in the Bible:

  • toilet paper
  • hair dye (Proverbs 20.29  The glory of youths is their strength, but the beauty of the aged is their grey hair.)
  • fridges
  • nylon/polyester

Stop with the above immediately please.

Things that are mentioned in the Bible: 

  • eating locusts (Matthew 3.4, Mark 1.6)
  • unicorns (Isiaiah 34.7 - who knew!!)
  • dragons (too many to list)

I know there are cultures which regard some insects as delicacies. I can't get my head around it, but please, Lori, by all means show us a pic of you chowing down on locusts and honey.

Edited by Katzchen24
  • Upvote 11
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
samurai_sarah
4 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

(snip)

Lori never believes she is wrong, so she obviously doesn't believe in saying "I'm sorry" or repenting.  Others know when they are wrong, and ask for forgiveness from the ones they hurt and from God.  If you believe in a final judgment, Lori will have to stand and account for every word, every social media post, everything she's done for her own glory.  I'm sure she'll be ushered right into heaven and the angels will all cheer as she walks by because of she's a godly keeper at home.

That must make atheist me the better Christian than Lori then. I've fed the neighbours, entertained the neighbourhood kids, read the Bible and sang Christian songs with the kids today. No reason. Other than: Why not?

Edited by samurai_sarah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
saintmom

OH MY GOD did anyone see today's missive?  Breasts are sexual and were solely designed for men's pleasure?  Am I actually reading that?  Annnnyone heard of breastfeeding?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Free Jana Duggar

I found this gem on No Longer Quivering. It got me wondering why Ken didn't boot Lori out after the sabotaged birth control me incident.

That, to me, is a huge betrayal.

Screenshot_20190914-185013.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hollyfeller

Lori is even more idiotic than normal on Twitter today

stupidest.thumb.JPG.aab4f78894a823f449e7e1d99cf60399.JPG

  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kpmom
10 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

Lori is even more idiotic than normal on Twitter today

stupidest.thumb.JPG.aab4f78894a823f449e7e1d99cf60399.JPG

You first, Lori.

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hollyfeller
1 minute ago, kpmom said:

You first, Lori.

 

Isn't she as an "older" woman supposed to set an example?  👵

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sonic the Whoredgehog

The blurb for the latest blog post mentions "cuddling with my grandchildren" and she's said similar things before. I'm not even being snarky, is that actually a thing people do? Just like... Cuddle with children? I get it if you're like reading to them, but it just seems weird to me. My family was never big on touch and I'm pretty touch-averse. The concept of cuddling someone you're not romantically involved with, much less related to, just squicks me out. Especially when I think about bony old Lori getting her claws on innocent children. No shade to anyone who does have a cuddly family, I'm just wondering if that's a normal thing. 

@saintmom, was it on Facebook? Didn't see it on the blog or Instagram. Regardless, that's ridiculous. There is no scientific consensus on why women have breasts but none of the best supported theories are about men's pleasure. There's not even much solid evidence that they're fertility indicators. There probably is some element of sexual selection at work, but one hypothesis even suggests that permanent breasts allow females to hide their reproductive status. There's also one that suggests they increase the female's sexual pleasure, so if you do want to count them as a sexual organ, they aren't for men. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cora Persephona
1 hour ago, Sonic the Whoredgehog said:

The blurb for the latest blog post mentions "cuddling with my grandchildren" and she's said similar things before. I'm not even being snarky, is that actually a thing people do? Just like... Cuddle with children? I get it if you're like reading to them, but it just seems weird to me. My family was never big on touch and I'm pretty touch-averse. The concept of cuddling someone you're not romantically involved with, much less related to, just squicks me out. Especially when I think about bony old Lori getting her claws on innocent children. No shade to anyone who does have a cuddly family, I'm just wondering if that's a normal thing. 

@saintmom, was it on Facebook? Didn't see it on the blog or Instagram. Regardless, that's ridiculous. There is no scientific consensus on why women have breasts but none of the best supported theories are about men's pleasure. There's not even much solid evidence that they're fertility indicators. There probably is some element of sexual selection at work, but one hypothesis even suggests that permanent breasts allow females to hide their reproductive status. There's also one that suggests they increase the female's sexual pleasure, so if you do want to count them as a sexual organ, they aren't for men. 

 

I think you should take this with a grain of salt. This is the woman who would not hold her own crying babies. I doubt there is any cuddling, it's most likely just something she says to seem a warm and involved grandma.

I don't find cuddling weird, if it's not something forced on the children. It can provide a sort of emotional comfort, in my experience (for ex. sick kids wanting to be held).

  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Depressed
Curious

I don't particularly like being touched, even by people I love.  A lot of times they unintentionally hurt me because I have very special snowflake skin and a lot of nerve damage.   That being said, I love nothing more than holding a snuggly baby and could do that for hours.

When my kids were babies I'm sure fundies would not have approved because I was perfectly happy to hold them for hours at a time.  I had babies that particularly liked to just lay on a shoulder so I would hold them and read.  I had c-sections so had a lot of time when I was on restrictions the first 6 weeks and felt absolutely no guilt just sitting in a rocker holding them.

I am dying I'm so far away from my new grandbaby.  She looks so snuggly and is happy to just be held and watch the world.

I take everything Lori says with a big block of salt.  As mentioned, she let her newborns cry it out because she needed HER sleep and she told her grandkids snakes would bite them if they misbehaved.   Much like the whole "all the kids in the neighborhood come to play at our house for hours and I give them snacks," I think this is probably something Lori thinks sounds good to her leghumpers and in reality, it doesn't happen.

  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hollyfeller
1 hour ago, Curious said:

I don't particularly like being touched, even by people I love.  A lot of times they unintentionally hurt me because I have very special snowflake skin and a lot of nerve damage.   That being said, I love nothing more than holding a snuggly baby and could do that for hours.

When my kids were babies I'm sure fundies would not have approved because I was perfectly happy to hold them for hours at a time.  I had babies that particularly liked to just lay on a shoulder so I would hold them and read.  I had c-sections so had a lot of time when I was on restrictions the first 6 weeks and felt absolutely no guilt just sitting in a rocker holding them.

I am dying I'm so far away from my new grandbaby.  She looks so snuggly and is happy to just be held and watch the world.

I take everything Lori says with a big block of salt.  As mentioned, she let her newborns cry it out because she needed HER sleep and she told her grandkids snakes would bite them if they misbehaved.   Much like the whole "all the kids in the neighborhood come to play at our house for hours and I give them snacks," I think this is probably something Lori thinks sounds good to her leghumpers and in reality, it doesn't happen.

If her grandkids do indeed play outside other kids might come over and join in.  But I'd think those neighborhood kids see Lori as a wicked witch on the front porch rather than a welcoming grandmother.  I bet they give her a wide berth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy
PennySycamore

@Curious,  my oldest needed to be held almost all the time.  It did make me relax during the first weeks when I needed to recover from the c-section. Fortunately, once I could carry her, I had a Snugli (original design) which I used to carry her.  I still have that Snugli 39 years later.  I got tons of use out of it.  I wish I could find the seersucker one I had, too.  It was great for summer babies.

Was it Lori who talked about her grandkids eating sardines?  I caught an episode of Pati's Mexican Table yesterday and she said that her children had gotten their love of sardines from her.  I always thought that sardines looked and smelled gross. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Florita

1675347614_sweetemotions.JPG.2b8ff1e913590816f446958b0cb8b831.JPG

"I can keep my cool because I am no longer controlled by my emotions and feelings," says a woman who was too big of a wreck to stay by her husband's side while he was in the hospital. Lori, "you'll never be able to lead a godly life if you are" controlled by emotions. 

  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enraged
feministxtian

grandkids...we had custody of 2 of them for about 4 years. Talk about cuddling. One next to me and the little one in my lap. #3 grandchild couldn't get enough of Nona. I can't tell you how many pictures I have of him laying on me snoozing away. My kids were cuddlers too...it was like they couldn't get enough physical touch. They're still mostly that way (although they'll deny it). Last time daughter came to visit, she and grandson had an argument. Daughter would say "that's MY mama". Grandson would say "that's MY Nona"....and they'd bicker over this. So, daughter came and sat in my lap (by the way, she's 36) and grandson had a throw down shit fit, screaming "that's MY Nona". Finally he got so aggravated he pulled her off my lap and climbed on my lap. 

I don't want to say my kids may still be just a wee bit connected to mama but...

  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • Love 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
older than allosaurs
10 hours ago, Sonic the Whoredgehog said:

The blurb for the latest blog post mentions "cuddling with my grandchildren" and she's said similar things before. I'm not even being snarky, is that actually a thing people do? Just like... Cuddle with children? I get it if you're like reading to them, but it just seems weird to me. My family was never big on touch and I'm pretty touch-averse. The concept of cuddling someone you're not romantically involved with, much less related to, just squicks me out. Especially when I think about bony old Lori getting her claws on innocent children. No shade to anyone who does have a cuddly family, I'm just wondering if that's a normal thing. 

@saintmom,

 

Put me on Team Cuddle. I love snuggling up with kids, dogs, cats ... at one point I had a cuddly bantam hen that would come to my lap for petting. One of my kids (both now adults) is all in on the snuggles, the other has always been quite touch averse except for having her hair braided. She has taught me not to assume other people like touch as much as I do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sonic the Whoredgehog

Thanks for the perspective, everyone 😊 I hope I didn't come of as judgy about the concept of cuddling with little ones, it just seemed so foreign to me. 

@Florita that doodle is such a steaming pile of horse manure. The woman who spends her entire life ranting and raving about other women on the internet "keeps her cool"? You can be ice cold and a raging angry bitch at the same time, and that's how Lori does it. Her rage is always simmering just under the surface. She is always offended. By thong bikinis, by working women, by messy houses. Anyone who genuinely thinks she's even-tempered is a moron, but then again most of her humpers probably are. And don't even get me started on the "emotions are evil" thing. Also, I'm pretty sure being "Controlled by the spirit" isn't biblical, but Lori probably likes to pretend she is so that a) she's not responsible for her words or actions and b) if you're controlled, no need to think for yourself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Giddy
squiddysquid

So Lori finally figured out that the only people still following her are looking for snark and a good laugh + Red pill incels looking for stupid reasons to justify being assholes? Took her long enough.

Edited by squiddysquid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SuperNova
3 hours ago, Florita said:

1675347614_sweetemotions.JPG.2b8ff1e913590816f446958b0cb8b831.JPG

"I can keep my cool because I am no longer controlled by my emotions and feelings," says a woman who was too big of a wreck to stay by her husband's side while he was in the hospital. Lori, "you'll never be able to lead a godly life if you are" controlled by emotions. 

I've been thinking about this doodle. Lori always takes things to an extreme. We see it with food and anything eating related. She gets an idea, like Einkorn has magical healing powers, then runs with it. She does the same with sex, with abuse, clothing, etc. 

Lori isn't keeping her cool because she's learned to control her emotions. She keeps her cool because she's rejected emotions. She's become extremely legalistic and there's very little room for emotion in LoriLogic. I don't believe she was a wreck over Ken because she's spent the last few years systematically eliminating emotion from herself. I'm not saying she's a robot but she definitely seems to have mastered her own approach to life. She was able to take an event like her daughter giving birth to a healthy baby after years of infertility and make it a cold hearted lesson. Lori sees literally everything through the prism of her "ministry".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tired
Sarah92

That doodle just seems overly braggy to me and childish. I’d say Lori thinks she has control of her emotions but underneath it all I think she’s seething with pent up anger at everyone who doesn’t believe as she does. With all those posts about childbirth I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s directed towards Alyssa who may or may not be able to have more kids. Or want to have more kids for that matter. She’s vengeful and takes glee in shaming others. 

Also you can have emotions and still maintain a level of control. I had a coworker who left me extremely pissed off this week. But I didn’t go ballistic or anything. I felt and acknowledged my emotions and processed why I was feeling the way I did. I value emotions a lot because I know what it’s like to feel so emotionally numb that you wonder how it’s possible to feel again. Stuffing them down levels you unaware of your motivations and can lead to you inflicting harm on others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
Beermeet

I watched Lori's suicide video.  Ugh. She's sorta kinda not really at all on the right track with saying things like " don't do it, seek counsel" and "your life is precious, you matter".  But, this is Lori and she's a monster so, that's all I can give her.  She's further guilting women with suicidal thoughts.  If I'm in a hole and you tell me it's because I work and don't stay home with my kids, I'm going to feel worse.  If you tell me to read scripture and I'll be ok, in my distraught state of mind, I may try that and come up very short furthering my downward spiral.

I actually helped someone get help this week.  She had confided in me her mental health struggles including her 2 prior suicide attempts ( like, 5150 after attemts).  I'm so thankful she did. This week she was not herself.  First, mania. Not the kind that is immediately identified if you didn't know her ( even with her sharing).  It built up over a mere 2 days.  Than being unable to not cry.  I had shared with her my struggles as well so, she trusted me.  I told her to call her Dr. right away and be honest with him how she was feeling. She told me how she was really feeling and I  knew she needed help beyond what I could say/do or just leaving work. Her minset was to go about her day to distract.  But, this was serious shit.  I care about her a ton, I love that woman, no way was I going to placate her. She needed truth and support immediately.  Stop what you are doing and give this woman help serious.  She did call her Dr, it helped a ton and so did a few days off.  She told me how thankful she was I made her call her Dr.  She wasn't thinking like that and wouldn't have called.  When someone has actual mental disorders, you do not mess around and tell them they should've stayed home with their kids or to read the bible!  You hug them, listen and get them to real help and follow up so they know you still love them as is.  Fuck you, Lori.  She delivered that BS message so sweetly, it's gross.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
Beermeet
6 hours ago, Florita said:

1675347614_sweetemotions.JPG.2b8ff1e913590816f446958b0cb8b831.JPG

"I can keep my cool because I am no longer controlled by my emotions and feelings," says a woman who was too big of a wreck to stay by her husband's side while he was in the hospital. Lori, "you'll never be able to lead a godly life if you are" controlled by emotions. 

How ridiculous!  Biologically speaking,  women do have heightened emotions especially after birth.  They are useful as we are very intune with our babies.  One could call it a gift, imo. That's probably the only thing I love about my hormone induced emotions.  Believe it or not, Lori, men have them too!  Gasp!   I would know as my husband and my male friends love their babies and get all emotional over them for the world to see!!! Double Gasp!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hollyfeller
3 hours ago, SuperNova said:

I've been thinking about this doodle. Lori always takes things to an extreme. We see it with food and anything eating related. She gets an idea, like Einkorn has magical healing powers, then runs with it. She does the same with sex, with abuse, clothing, etc. 

Lori isn't keeping her cool because she's learned to control her emotions. She keeps her cool because she's rejected emotions. She's become extremely legalistic and there's very little room for emotion in LoriLogic. I don't believe she was a wreck over Ken because she's spent the last few years systematically eliminating emotion from herself. I'm not saying she's a robot but she definitely seems to have mastered her own approach to life. She was able to take an event like her daughter giving birth to a healthy baby after years of infertility and make it a cold hearted lesson. Lori sees literally everything through the prism of her "ministry".

Lori is a Vulcan!

3 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

That doodle just seems overly braggy to me and childish. I’d say Lori thinks she has control of her emotions but underneath it all I think she’s seething with pent up anger at everyone who doesn’t believe as she does. With all those posts about childbirth I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s directed towards Alyssa who may or may not be able to have more kids. Or want to have more kids for that matter. She’s vengeful and takes glee in shaming others. 

Also you can have emotions and still maintain a level of control. I had a coworker who left me extremely pissed off this week. But I didn’t go ballistic or anything. I felt and acknowledged my emotions and processed why I was feeling the way I did. I value emotions a lot because I know what it’s like to feel so emotionally numb that you wonder how it’s possible to feel again. Stuffing them down levels you unaware of your motivations and can lead to you inflicting harm on others. 

Definitely braggy.  She considers any dissenting opinion to be "throwing a tantrum."  She cannot fathom civil discourse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.