IGNORED

Lori Alexander 71: She of Appalling Ignorance

55 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Being Jesus to others, especially our family, must be the Christian's priority.

Overblown much, Ken?  Equating Lori to Jesus is a dangerous precedent.  Blasphemous, even.  Jesus wept.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

40 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Why is Lori watching four kids so their mother can sleep in?  She’d have a fit over any other young mom wanting to sleep in. Their hypocrisy just reaches insane levels, doesn’t it?  

Yes...she seems to ALWAYS be watching Erin's kids.  And on Erin's etsy shop she mentions she is temporarily not working on it.   What's going on that she frequently doesn't have her kids. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 6

59 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Papa had to run out and help. One big hug and to work we went to get the project done, and God sent three super Christian men who jumped in to help rescue us.

Is Ken referring to himself as Papa? Because if so, ?. Why does he have to mention that it was Christian men who helped them? Were they super men who happened to be Christians, or were they super Christian? Were they super in the first place, or were they only super because they helped and were Christians? Did God actually send them, or did somebody send out a text that said, "could we get a hand with this? I have so many questions. 

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

And to think she could have been on a Mediterranean cruise instead:)

LOL! As if. The image of agoraphobe Lori on a mediterranean cruise is hilarious. "Ken darling, I can see a Greek island. We are far too close to the pagans for my liking. That woman is wearing a bikini, and this tells me she worships Aphrodite. The sun is far too bright here. It must be because the natives give sacrifices to the sun god. Oh please, my Command Man, take me back to Door County! That's exotic enough for me."

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 15

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

Why is Lori watching four kids so their mother can sleep in?  She’d have a fit over any other young mom wanting to sleep in. Their hypocrisy just reaches insane levels, doesn’t it?  

This stood out to me as well. We know the reference is to Erin, as is the reference to helping the DIL out. 

Also- at least 2 of Erin’s kids are school age. Is Lori homeschooling them? I know homeschooling can be flexible but it does seem as though those kids are with Lori a lot. So they can have her scrub the post that makes Ryan look like a jerk parent. The fact is they are both jerk parents because they allow Lori unfettered access to their kids. 

And my take on Lori with Alyssa’s baby is that Emily is in town and they went to visit Alyssa. 

Also. Ken referring to himself as “Papa” made my stomach turn. 

• Upvote 14

I remember when I first read this; it was the beginning of my turning away from the church.  E61395D8-89E1-4EFF-9C44-3F9CE3BF090F.jpeg.c63097f078c32eaddaf38725c4ae3d88.jpeg Screw this BS.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

Lori posted this on Twitter about an hour ago. 

If you have not looked at her Twitter feed, try to find it. The comments are so good. 

6BDB7431-156A-44E3-BA40-4A7ECC4CF20A.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 5

My first thought on the force-feeding was that it is dangerous. Can you say "choking"? 

You can still be in charge as a parent and not be an a$$.  I'm not a restaurant cook. My kids ate what I fixed or made themselves a sandwich.

And what's with eating in front of a hungry child and not letting them be part of the family meal? If Mom and Dad want to have a meal without the kids they can always get a babysitter and go out or put kids to bed first.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

Wait, wait. Say whut?  Ken said Lori went to bed exhausted at 7:30.

Exhausted at 7:30.  What the effing what.  Sweet cheeses she's a wimp.  Granted maybe she was up early (define early Ken) and had a busy day.  But there is no way she was exhausted enough for bed at 7:30.

Unless...... she's so malnourished she has no stamina. She's barely 60 I think.  My 70 year old friend runs rings around her in the energy dept. 

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 16

I don't know. After teaching middle school all day, I could go to bed at 7:30.

I never get to though. It's usually 10:30 or 11:00 and up at 5:30.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

Lori's Twitter is the only page of hers I can stomach looking at because she can't delete replies there. It's reassuring to see people of all stripes disagreeing with her. 

• Upvote 15

6 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Wait, wait. Say whut?  Ken said Lori went to bed exhausted at 7:30.

Exhausted at 7:30.  What the effing what.  Sweet cheeses she's a wimp.  Granted maybe she was up early (define early Ken) and had a busy day.  But there is no way she was exhausted enough for bed at 7:30.

Unless...... she's so malnourished she has no stamina. She's barely 60 I think.  My 70 year old friend runs rings around her in the energy dept. 

All she ate was part of a "big salad" so that explains her waning energy.  LOL

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Wait, wait. Say whut?  Ken said Lori went to bed exhausted at 7:30

After a whole day with 4 grandkids, my (lovely, energetic mother-in-law) would go directly to the emergency door at the nearest hospital haha.

Lori is horrible but don't forget she's not healthy. Maybe it's caused by malnourishement, maybe she never recovered from the brain surgery, and I wouldn't be surprised if she dealed with depression. Anyway, she's not OK and she's getting worse. Making her looking after 4 little children (Ryan's youngest is a baby) is nor fair.

Ryan and Erin seem to use babysitters often. They need time for themselves as a couple, in addition to the alone time Erin needs  for her business. Which is not uncommon, but what kind of parents leave 4 kids with an agressive grandma? And even if they are OK with that, it is unfair and unrespectful to use a sick grandparent as a babysitter of 4 kids nonetheless!

Edited by Melissa1977
Clarify
  • Upvote 8

7 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

After a whole day with 4 grandkids, my (lovely, energetic mother-in-law) would go directly to the emergency door at the nearest hospital haha.

Lori is horrible but don't forget she's not healthy. Maybe it's caused by malnourishement, maybe she never recovered from the brain surgery, and I wouldn't be surprised if she dealed with depression. Anyway, she's not OK and she's getting worse. Making her looking after 4 little children (Ryan's youngest is a baby) is nor fair.

Ryan and Erin seem to use babysitters often. They need time for themselves as a couple, in addition to the alone time Erin needs  for her business. Which is not uncommon, but what kind of parents leave 4 kids with an agressive grandma? And even if they are OK with that, it is unfair and unrespectful to use a sick grandparent as a babysitter of 4 kids nonetheless!

I sort of feel sorry for Lori here. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I sort of feel sorry for Lori here. 

Don't. Lori accepts overburdening herself (if she did, and Ken is a reliable narrator, which I doubt) because it feeds into her martyr complex. Ken did equate her to Jesus, after all. As horrible as she is, Lori certainly knows the word no. Unless Lori was actively undergoing torture, I can't see myself ever feeling sorry for her. Sorry, not sorry.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

22 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

Now tell me where is there time for a grandma to work outside the home??? or better yet, who is there for the family if grandma is not there to rescue them all and serve them? No, this does not happen every day.

And to think she could have been on a Mediterranean cruise instead :). But no way! Being Jesus to others, especially our family, must be the Christian's priority. I guess be careful what you preach :) as you might have to live it out and find all of God's many rewards and blessings from serving Him."

hours later...:2wankers:

18 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Lori posted this on Twitter about an hour ago. 

If you have not looked at her Twitter feed, try to find it. The comments are so good. 

6BDB7431-156A-44E3-BA40-4A7ECC4CF20A.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SilverBeach said:

Don't. Lori accepts overburdening herself (if she did, and Ken is a reliable narrator, which I doubt) because it feeds into her martyr complex. Ken did equate her to Jesus, after all. As horrible as she is, Lori certainly knows the word no. Unless Lori was actively undergoing torture, I can't see myself ever feeling sorry for her. Sorry, not sorry.

Ken equating Lori to Jesus is just ugh. In a lot of situations, I probably wouldn't feel sorry for Lori. Well, knowing how Lori is- she'll probably post something awful soon and my sympathy will be gone for her soon. I think part of reason I felt a little bit sorry for her is because a cousin of mine used to have her mom who was disabled by diabetes and other health issues babysit her kids on weekends so she and her now ex husband could go to concerts and parties. I guess Lori's situation made me think back to that situation. 

• Upvote 8

Remember, Lori couldn't be bothered with her dying mother and now we hear nothing about her father, yet we are to believe she turns into Mother Goose and takes care of all the grandchildren with open arms?  I am on the martyred grandmother spec bus about her.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

This is the same grandmother who tells her grandchildren not to cry when they get hurt, and that if they complain, snakes will get them.  If you feel sorry for anyone, let it be those kids.  Lori beats kids with leather straps-she deserves no sympathy.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 14
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

Ken equating Lori to Jesus is just ugh.

It's blasphemous.  Plain and simple.  Neither of them have any humility whatsoever.

• Upvote 10

12 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Lori is horrible but don't forget she's not healthy. Maybe it's caused by malnourishement, maybe she never recovered from the brain surgery, and I wouldn't be surprised if she dealed with depression.

This is, in no way, a dig at you. I just want to clarify something because Lori is not an honest person. She did not have a brain tumor. She had a tumor on her pituitary gland. At one point, doctors thought I may have had one, so in addition to the simple tests, I did some reading. Most of these tumors are benign, as Lori's was. They are slow growing tumors.

She also did not have brain surgery. She had cyberknife radiation which is an advanced form of therapy. A robotic arm delivers carefully programmed pinpoint radiation to the tumor. It's an outpatient procedure that lasts 30 to 90 minutes and the number of treatments is one to five. It often takes more time for the set up, than actually getting the radiation. The number one side effect is fatigue. The radiation can damage some brain tissue, depending on the size of the tumor, which can affect mental status in the long term. The optic nerves can also be damaged causing vision changes.

The average cost for cyberknife is $30,000. This doesn't include the costs associated with the care provided by the radiologist and oncologist. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 23
  • Love 1

@Free Jana Duggar, bless you for teaching middle schoolers all day!  A lot of people find that age difficult to deal with.  An old friend of mine taught middle school pre-kids and loved it though.  You two are special people!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

@Free Jana Duggar, bless you for teaching middle schoolers all day!  A lot of people find that age difficult to deal with.  An old friend of mine taught middle school pre-kids and loved it though.  You two are special people!

I enjoy teaching. I'm in a private school, so classes are smaller.

Most parents are supportive. They're paying. so they tend to make sure their child behaves and does well. A couple of weeks ago I emailed a mom about her son's behavior. A hour later, she was at the school chewing him out and making him apologize.

The threat of detention will also keep the kids in line.  

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • Love 5

5 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I’ve had a long day and I read  “pre-kids” and wondered if that was a type of pre-middle-school course along the lines of a pre-kindergarten. ?‍♀️?  I need sleep. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

@Free Jana Duggar, I have friends who love teaching middle school, and I am in awe at their fortitude!

In grad school, I met a classmate who taught public high school English in an affluent town. When I told her how much easier it must be to teach there, she said, “Not necessarily. We get all the rich little SOBs who’ve gotten kicked out of multiple ritzy private schools, and whose families are quick to complain about every damn thing.”

• Upvote 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic