IGNORED

Lori Alexander 71: She of Appalling Ignorance

If she'd tried that force feeding shit with me when I was little she'd have been wearing it!  If ANYTHING went in my mouth that I didn't want I'd puke all over the table.  No doubt Lori would have beaten me, though I don't think it would have made any difference. 

• Upvote 9

I don't get forcefeeding a kid. I just don't. Maybe it's because I didn't have picky eaters, maybe it's because I made an effort to make food that all the kids liked. 

Near as I can figure, none of my kids have eating disorders. They have metabolisms that I'd kill for but that's besides the point. My boys pretty much lived on junk food and home cooked dinner as teens. They're both grown, slender and healthy. Daughter is a freaking size 5 at the age of 36 (have I mentioned I hate her for it??). 

Lori got issues. My kids only eating issues consist of they'll eat damn near anything and in fairly large quantities. 

• Upvote 13

I think many parents make their kids eat things they don’t like*. I made mine try things, that’s for sure. But the way Lori describes what Ryan did paints a cruel picture. Making a baby eat while crying so hard?  WHY? What does that accomplish besides making them hate meal time. 

Lori says you can’t allow your kids to be picky but how do you foster broad eating habits if you won’t let your kids try “adult” food?  To make a child sit and cry when she is clearly interested in table food is just bizarre and mean. Of course, a baby can’t have everything but, within reason, they can have little tastes of their parents’ foods.  Sitting at the table during infancy makes the family meal time a common and comfortable thing for a child. If that is something parents want to accomplish each day, why would they punish a baby amd make her sit on a blanket amd cry.  Lori paints Ryan as an abusive ass who was resentful of his child’s needs and presence. It’s like he didn’t want to share his wife’s attention with the baby. 

*For me, it worked well to encourage my kids to try lots of foods just by talking about it like I would to an adult. Once, I handed my three year old a small piece of veggie pizza at a restaurant and said “Oh. You would love this. Wanna try?” She ordered it every time we went there after that. We didn’t make them continue to eat anything that they didn’t like; but, by encouraging many foods, they still ended up eating a varied and healthy diet, I think. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

On 9/26/2019 at 8:46 AM, Loveday said:

"Do NOT be a red letter Christian.

This is a very slippery slope, dear women. I know too many people who have begun elevating the words of Jesus in the Bible over Paul’s words and end up walking away from the faith altogether."

She. Cannot. Be. Serious. 

Oh my hell. This blasphemous bitch.

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 5

On 10/2/2019 at 1:15 AM, ladyicantxplain said:

Lori needs to wake up. This is not some kind of cute "game" on the interwebz. This stuff is REAL. There are REAL women and children. This stuff can be life and death.

I believe that LORI JUST DOES NOT CARE.  She has proven it over and over again.  She is incapable of of caring.  She should have/could have handled that letter herself or asked Ken to help her.  They have the means.  She did not.  She passed it off as "difficult".  It was far more than that:  if was life-threatening.   I don't believe she is capable of putting her self in another person's shoes (empathy) and then acting on that.  You, @ladyicantxplain, do and you tried.  

I really feel for that woman and for all women who are in dire straits and have no recourse but to write to someone like Lori or go to a Pastor who does nothing more than hand-slap a man like that!   He needed to get the authorities involved and I wonder if his successor did that.   The man is a criminal: rapist and pedophile, multiple times.  He needs to be behind bars.  

I know you did all you could and I applaud you for that.  I have, on two occasions in my life, intervened and called CPS and nothing was done.  In one case, I had no proof, and in the other the man was a lawyer and threatened me and my family. 

We are all "mandated reporters" in that if you see something, say something.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 6

2 hours ago, Koala said:

This is ALL a major swing from: use Halloween to let your light shine for Jesus, to "reject Halloween, and if trick-or-treaters come to your door, hand them a gospel track".

How can Ken NOT see how dramatically she's changed???

I just got whiplash with all Lori's back and forth on Halloween.  I think I need  Kit Kat bar to make me feel better. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10

Lori writes:

"Years ago, I heard Joyce Meyers say that she could be home rocking her grandbabies..."

Is she aware that she doesn't have to add an obligatory letter "s" to things like Meyer and Lyme?...

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

@usmcmom, I agree 100%!  Having babies at the table with their parents, sharing the family meal, is a healthy way to develop a child’s palate and develop table manners. My jaw dropped when Lori’s son accused the baby of “wanting to eat our food.” As in the family dinner? How hard is it to cut a serving into little pieces and let a toddler practice spearing them with a fork? I did that, and so did everybody in our extended family and friends group. 

Although lots of us on my dad’s side of the family are heavy, the only one who’s been obese since early childhood is one cousin whose mother forced him to eat every bite of baby food in his bowl even after he let her know he was full.

• Upvote 17

If it wasn't real kids we were talking about, I'd find it amusing - Lori LOVES her slime salads and special bread slathered with special butter.  What if Ken - her  'boss' made her sit down every single night and eat meatloaf, mac and cheese, potatoes slathered with gravy and rolls from a can with margarine.  How picky would she be then?   How much could he demand she eat what he told her to eat?   She is so freaking privileged and two faced it just boggles my mind.  She is proud her son is making her grandchild 'not picky and not the boss' which are both fine things in their world.  I mean, my kids did as they were told and ate their food and I never had to carry a strap in my purse or beat them for hours over a spill.   HOW does she have so many humpers?  I'm baffled.  

Edited by SweetLaurel
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

3 hours ago, Chocolate Lover said:

If she'd tried that force feeding shit with me when I was little she'd have been wearing it!  If ANYTHING went in my mouth that I didn't want I'd puke all over the table.  No doubt Lori would have beaten me, though I don't think it would have made any difference. 

My now 10 year old had reflux as a baby- the projectile vomit kind. He was on Prevacid and Zantac both three times per day. Force feeding him would have ended in the same way- and would have aggravated his reflux. He also had (and to some degree still does) food aversions- it seemed to be texture related. As a kid he wanted no parts of Mac and cheese (homemade or otherwise), mashed potatoes, eggs, and some other things. He will very occasionally eat Mac and cheese and mashed potatoes now, and is extremely picky about types of cheese and how it is served/eaten. Force feeding just creates issues around food. 

Interestingly enough, I didn’t have cravings with either child, but I did have food aversions with the 10 year old. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Lori is so jealous of Joyce Meyer, Beth Moore, and even RIP Rachel Held Evans.  She's jealous of her daughters and daughters-in-law.  I think she was even jealous of her mom.  BTW, I looked Joyce Meyer's age, and she's 76.  14 years older than Lori and a hecka better looking, even if Joyce has had enhancement surgery.  Lori just looks OLD, much older than 62.  I truly believe meanness ages you.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

7 hours ago, usmcmom said:

One thing that strikes me about Lori’s flip flopping on Halloween is how unsettling it must have been for her kids. One year they get to go to the church party and out trick or treating. The next, their family doesn’t believe in all that so they ignore the holiday. How the heck did they know year to year what they would be allowed to do?!? 

Another thing - all of Lori’s writings about it seem to be from HER perspective.  She writes it all with “I” instead of “we.”  I guess Ken wasn’t involved? 

Just like her inability to commit to an education process for her kids, she seemed unable to settle on what her family’s holiday beliefs would be from year to year. I wonder how often the rules changed in that household and how often the kids were beaten for breaking them? What a crazy life those kids must have had. 

Been through that, too.  Then people don't believe you because your mom wasn't like that when they saw her.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, wallysmommy said:

Lori is so jealous of Joyce Meyer, Beth Moore, and even RIP Rachel Held Evans.  She's jealous of her daughters and daughters-in-law.  I think she was even jealous of her mom.  BTW, I looked Joyce Meyer's age, and she's 76.  14 years older than Lori and a hecka better looking, even if Joyce has had enhancement surgery.  Lori just looks OLD, much older than 62.  I truly believe meanness ages you.

I am starting to wonder if Lori doesn't have an eating disorder.  She posted a picture of her and Alyssa's new baby, and it was shocking.  She is literally wasting away.  She almost reminds me of the way Karen Carpenter looked.  

As a side note, naturally she doesn't take sharing the picture as an opportunity to tell her followers how wonderful and precious her new grandson is.  Nope, she uses it to brag about herself and trash Joyce Meyer.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

I thought it was interesting that she posted that photo of herself with Alyssa’s baby when she did. She got a lot of comments on Twitter about not being interested in her new grandson and then...BOOM! Grandma Lori posts a picture. These comments were in response to the Joyce Meyer thing she has now shared elsewhere.  

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

My parents used to make sure we ate, but if there was a particular food one of us didn't like - me with broccoli, my brother with mashed potatoes, etc - they didn't force it.  We still ate what was put in front of us, but we were allowed to not like foods.

• Upvote 11

So jealous, lazy Lori is bashing Joyce Meyer (yes, that's Meyer not Meyers).

Regardless of what you think of her theology,  Joyce has more kindness and compassion in her pinky than Lori has in her whole body. Joyce is also way more loving and Christlike.

She cares for women and girls. I really like her Project GRL ministry.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

So jealous, lazy Lori is bashing Joyce Meyer (yes, that's Meyer not Meyers).

Regardless of what you think of her theology,  Joyce has more kindness and compassion in her pinky than Lori has in her whole body. Joyce is also way more loving and Christlike.

She cares for women and girls. I really like her Project GRL ministry.

It would be really interesting to think about what kind of world we would be living in if NO woman ever did anything other than stay home and have children.  Maybe men would have filled the roles of notable females, or maybe not.  What would we be lacking now?  What would we have more of?  How would laws be different?  Not that I'd have any desire to live under those circumstances, but the topic fascinates me.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

10 hours ago, ladyicantxplain said:

Lori writes:

Is she aware that she doesn't have to add an obligatory letter "s" to things like Meyer and Lyme?...

My MIL does that.  And no matter how many times you correct her she says "does it matter?!" and carries on.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, hollyfeller said:

It would be really interesting to think about what kind of world we would be living in if NO woman ever did anything other than stay home and have children. 

It would be really interesting if ALL women refused to service Lori Alexander, and no woman would work for or with Ken.

Anything she needs or wants?  Let her wait for a man.  We'd see how long it took her to change her tune when it actually inconvenienced HER.  

• Upvote 18

Will she give us 8 Tweets today to make up for not Tweeting yesterday?  I can't wait.  One every other waking hour!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Will she give us 8 Tweets today to make up for not Tweeting yesterday?  I can't wait. 

She was SOOO busy yesterday as per Ken's response on FB.  All the work she does serving everyone (but not everyday he admitted)...Like we are to be in awe of how wonderful she is. Bullshit....everyone single one of us --whether we are SAHM or working moms or empty nesters, etc ....are all doing that and more and not bragging about it.   I'm so sick of her and Ken holding themselves up as examples of Godly perfection. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 12

I can't see Ken's responses since he blocked me for calling them out on PM about allowing racists and hate mongers to post on the page but deleting thoughtful responses from others.

I see the response below.  Thanks for sharing.  I just want to hurl.  She made salads, ffs, she didn't cook a full meal.  She created a mess at the DILs, then Ken had to ride in on his white horse and clean it up.  She probably vacuumed and cleaned at the DIL's house because, of course, the DIL can't clean correctly (channeling a California version of Marie Barone).  She was out front with the four kids, sitting on her ass drinking green tea (her version of a mint julep).  Working women manage to do what she did while working a FT job.  We know how to multi-task and be efficient.  We don't hang in our bedrooms making videos about topless women (least of my worries).  This proves he deserves her.  If you have to tell people your wife is joyful, that means no one can tell by themselves by her words and body language.

Edited by wallysmommy
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

This is what Ken posted: (among other things)

Ken Alexander:  "So today the TTW was up early with four grandbabies so her DIL could sleep in. Then she held her daughter's baby and got her and her husband big salads. Off to the airport to pick up another DIL and her baby. Then she runs out with two shovels 20 minutes away to help her DIL on a project that blew up, so Papa had to run out and help. One big hug and to work we went to get the project done, and God sent three super Christian men who jumped in to help rescue us. Then back home where I found Grandma out front with my DIL's four kids again and another DIL all watching the neighborhood having a great time.

Back inside she gets the kids dinner, discovers that one peed in her bed taking a nap, so she cleans it up, and then packs off one DIL so she can head home. She cleans up the kitchen and kisses Papa goodnight exhausted at 7.30 p.m.

I only gave half her day helping out her daughter and two DIL's. There was vacuuming and cleaning somewhere in there. Now tell me where is there time for a grandma to work outside the home??? or better yet, who is there for the family if grandma is not there to rescue them all and serve them? No, this does not happen every day.

And to think she could have been on a Mediterranean cruise instead :). But no way! Being Jesus to others, especially our family, must be the Christian's priority. I guess be careful what you preach :) as you might have to live it out and find all of God's many rewards and blessings from serving Him."

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 7
  • Thank You 6

Why is Lori watching four kids so their mother can sleep in?  She’d have a fit over any other young mom wanting to sleep in. Their hypocrisy just reaches insane levels, doesn’t it?  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic