IGNORED

Lori Alexander 71: She of Appalling Ignorance

How cold. How callous. I'm not even going to read that post because I'm already feeling nauseous and would prefer to keep my lunch down. I really should take a break from her, but right now all I have to say is :

Lori Alexander is a Fucking Monster 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 5

This. THIS is why Lori is so damned dangerous:

I have an appointment Tuesday to get my babies flu shots... they’ve never had them before but people have scared me into them. Especially because I’m due with my 3rd at the beginning of November. After reading this though, I’m thinking about canceling the appointment!

Some bitch on teh internetz tells you something, using dubious sources at best, all while denigrating someone who's dead and can't defend herself--and you're going to follow her advice over your own DOCTOR'S? You deserve what you get, although your poor children don't. Damn, this makes me mad. :mad:

• Upvote 9
  • Angry 6
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Hey, Lori! You know what’s a poison that can kill you? Sodium! You know another? Chlorine! By your logic, you’d better get that salt out of your kitchen, stat!

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, polecat said:

And flu shots -- we get ours at Target, and they give $5 gift cards. Staying healthy + feeding my Target addiction? I'm in. 

My insurance had a program a few years back where you got a $50 Target gift card for getting a pelvic exam. I already had an appointment so I was pretty happy about it. My mom thought it was hilarious to get a reward for a pelvic. I used the card toward a new set of every day dishes. 

• Upvote 13

I captured a couple "voices of reason" before they are banished from the cacophony of hysteria that is The Transformed Wife Facebook page.

Spoiler

1722502445_fbquote2.JPG.2d7513cde4526346ff4645030a4e8c26.JPG

Spoiler

1484174154_fbquote1.JPG.503246228275c6d56047b189a957eac8.JPG

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 14
  • Love 1

One of the benefits of working in a health system is that flu shots are free but they are required unless you can prove why you shouldn’t have it. I work with too many vulnerable people to not get one. Plus I have had kids spit at and sneeze on me soooo yah. *sprays antibac spray all over self* I also got a few other updated shots that I needed for free. My family has been through the ringer when it comes to doctors but seeking proper medical care is incredibly important. 

Lori simply speaks from a point of privilege. She can use all her useless woo because at the end of the day she can easily go to the doctors and get things taken care of. This isn’t a reality for many people.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

Lori Alexander is the world's biggest fucking hypocrite. Her meal ticket/husband was just SAVED by modern traditional medicine.  And she proceeds to talk shit about conventional measures to protect our health. Not one damn bit of woo/alternative medicine is free of any and all risk, nothing in life is.  Not getting vaccinations is a huge risk! I can't believe she is as stupid as she appears. To all those thinking there is something wrong with her, so you won't criticize...fuck that. She knows full well the harmful bullshit she is spreading, and doesn't care who she hurts. Cold-hearted, mean, ignorant, and ungracious, she couldn't lick RHE's shoes. 

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 4

Okay...here is what I remember from what Rachel's family and friends posted publicly about her illness. 

She did get the flu and take Tamiflu. BUT she also had a UTI and was given antibiotics for it. She had a reaction to the antibiotic which, in combination with the flu, hospitalized her. 

I have antibiotic hypersensitivity and have had dozens of reactions to antibiotics. This report terrified me. I learned, because of her case,  that in addition to the other ways it can kill you, anaphylaxis can cause seizures. When I had both an anaphylactic reaction and a secondary anaphylactic reaction 24 hours later ( additional swelling, pain, headache and a high fever), I learned that reactions can be hard to control because of modern antibiotics being designed to stay in your system for several days after you stop taking them. I was given two rounds of epi and antihistamine shots and on high doses of antihistamines plus prednisone for two weeks as a result. Rachel apparently had seizures along with the anaphylactic reaction and they were unable to control them resulting in the brain swelling. 

Here's the thing, though, Lori can go on about natural stuff being safe and medicine killing people this way. But you can have an allergic reaction to a natural alternative med just as easily as well as to many other "natural" things, such as foods--peanut allergies for example. 

• Upvote 20
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Here's the thing, though, Lori can go on about natural stuff being safe and medicine killing people this way. But you can have an allergic reaction to a natural alternative med just as easily as well as to many other "natural" things, such as foods--peanut allergies for example.

I am allergic to God's Green Earth - grasses, trees, weeds, molds, pollen etc. and a bunch of foods. Every time I try a "natural alternative" medicine I get a either a rash, hives, migraine, vomiting or a combination of the four. I tried an all natural shampoo for a week and I got eczema on my scalp, neck and ears SO BAD it took a month to clear up after I quit using it. 

I say Bring on the Synthetics!

• Upvote 16
  • Love 5

I took the flu shot first time ever last year, and I'm going to take it every year from now on. Since I'm diabetic the shot is free. I didn't get any side effects from it, neither did I get the flu. 

Lori has an Instastory on her IG. She's out walking on her (and Kens) daily 45 minuters walk, Ken isn't in the video. She looks horrible, her hair is a mess and she is so wrinkly. And she keeps forgetting words, more than in her Youtube videos. I think there is something wrong with her and that is showing on her appearance and her frantic writing on social media. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Pink Muffin said:

I took the flu shot first time ever last year, and I'm going to take it every year from now on. Since I'm diabetic the shot is free. I didn't get any side effects from it, neither did I get the flu. 

Lori has an Instastory on her IG. She's out walking on her (and Kens) daily 45 minuters walk, Ken isn't in the video. She looks horrible, her hair is a mess and she is so wrinkly. And she keeps forgetting words, more than in her Youtube videos. I think there is something wrong with her and that is showing on her appearance and her frantic writing on social media. 

My only flu shot side effect was a tingly arm for ~24 hours.  No biggie.  I've had the flu take me out too many times to not get the shot every year!

• Upvote 10
  • Love 3

In this edition of Lori's insanity she recommends forgetting about yourself and your needs.  But we know that's the exact opposite of what she does in her own life!

neglect.JPG.f67379146674aa964534588dfa4579e8.JPG

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

My only reaction to the flu shot is a sore arm. I take some ibuprofen, and I'm good. I've had the flu, it's not pretty. Because of medical conditions, my doctor recommends I get the shot. I'm also a bitch when I'm sick. So, I'll keep getting the shot. People like Lori can kiss my ass.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

My only reaction to the flu shot is a sore arm. I take some ibuprofen, and I'm good. I've had the flu, it's not pretty. Because of medical conditions, my doctor recommends I get the shot. I'm also a bitch when I'm sick. So, I'll keep getting the shot. People like Lori can kiss my ass.

I had to tearfully cancel a vacation last year because I got the flu the day before I was supposed to leave.  Never again!!

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2

25 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

In this edition of Lori's insanity she recommends forgetting about yourself and your needs.  But we know that's the exact opposite of what she does in her own life!

neglect.JPG.f67379146674aa964534588dfa4579e8.JPG

And this folks, is how people develop depression! Also psychology shows that this is simply not true. To be healthy people need balance. It’s also unhealthy to show your kids a lack of boundaries and overworking yourself 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

Oh Lori, the phrase “practising medicine” does not mean what you appear to think it means. She sounds like those idiots who denounce evolution as it’s “only a theory”. STFU Lori

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

Is anyone else hearing a weird noise in the background of this video? It's like she's fiddling with something on the table in front of her, just out of camera range. Annoying as heck. Just like Lori, come to think of it. :roll:

Edited by Loveday
Grammar is great.
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Loveday said:

Is anyone else hearing a weird noise in the background of this video? It's like she's fiddling with something on the table in front of her, just out of camera range. Annoying as heck. Just like Lori, come to think of it. :roll:

Yes! I have no idea what it was but leave it to Lori to let something like that go without addressing it.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Oh Lori, the phrase “practising medicine” does not mean what you appear to think it means. She sounds like those idiots who denounce evolution as it’s “only a theory”. STFU Lori

Technically, gravity is only a theory, too, but I don’t see fundies denying that. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 12

I watched her latest "Youtube" and there so much to say. But most it did make me wonder why Ken don't leave her. She says she's transformed to a better person and that's simply not true. If she was that warm, loving, caring person she claims to be, it would show in her writings. 

With Ken having this scare with Lyme disease, how can he look at his life and be content with how his life has turned out to be?  His wife deceived him to have a second child, 23 years of his marriage was all fighting and Lori nagging, he had to do his own cooking and laundry. They don't seem to have anything in common, he's out and about , getting interactions with people while Lori sits home deleting comments on social media. Their sex life is five minutes and lube. How can he look at all this and think it's ok, knowing that things are staying like this till the day he dies? 

Oh, and the annoying noice in the video? It's Loris hair rubbing her microphone. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Lori Alexander is the world's biggest fucking hypocrite. Her meal ticket/husband was just SAVED by modern traditional medicine. 

Yeah but In her mind she wasn’t there so it never happened.  I still can’t believe she didn’t go to the hospital.  Some helpmeet 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic