IGNORED

Lori Alexander 71: She of Appalling Ignorance

Speaking of ignorance, she's also willfully ignorant. Ignorant on purpose. Deliberately. Most people, when told something they've posted on Instagram is a fake (the 'vintage' Hardee's ad), will say, oops, I didn't realise that, and remove the post. Not our Lori. Nope. She not only leaves it up, deleting the comments that tell her it's fake, but the next day she posts it on Facebook, for all 95,000-plus of her followers to see. 

I guess the medium really doesn't matter, as long as it fits Lori's message. :pb_confused:

Edited by Loveday
clarity
  • Upvote 16
  • Love 4

So she's admitting it's fake finally, but holding up the sentiment as truth.  She believes every stereotypical belief about women.  If you work you want to be a man and hate men.   You can't "serve" a boss and a husband. If you are a working woman you probably can't cook and your house is a mess too and your kids are in need of therapy. 

I almost wish the people who argue with her (many of those newbies to Lori's nonsense, because she boosts her posts) on FB would stop. Despite her protests, I think she loves it. That's why she continues. She's not REALLLY interested in teaching anyone anything. Just riling up the masses.   Radio silence would kill her.  We need a "Don't Respond to Lori Alexander Day"  that would really drive her nuts. 

On another note, I've been watching a taped version of the PBS Series American Experience called Chasing Moon -- about the whole moon landing history/American space program history. One segment was an interview with one of the rocket scientists, a young 20 something-woman named Poppy Northcutt. Here is a little clip about her. What an inspiration.  I'm sure Lori would be apoplectic. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 9

Lori really should thank FJ for being the research arm of the Lori Alexander Social Media Empire (trademark pending).

But when has Lori ever been grateful for anyone's help?

Edited by Florita
  • Upvote 19

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

Speaking of ignorance, she's also willfully ignorant. Ignorant on purpose. Deliberately. Most people, when told something they've posted on Instagram is a fake (the 'vintage' Hardee's ad), will say, oops, I didn't realise that, and remove the post. Not our Lori. Nope. She not only leaves it up, deleting the comments that tell her it's fake, but the next day she posts it on Facebook, for all 95,000-plus of her followers to see. 

I guess the medium really doesn't matter, as long as it fits Lori's message. :pb_confused:

As the sayings go, "Stupidity is not the lack of knowledge, but the illusion of having it" and "Ignorance is the absense of knowledge. Stupidity is the presence of knowledge and the refusal to use it." 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 7

4 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

As the sayings go, "Stupidity is not the lack of knowledge, but the illusion of having it" and "Ignorance is the absense of knowledge. Stupidity is the presence of knowledge and the refusal to use it." 

She demonstrates the willful ignorance today in her first Twitter post if the day, once again ignoring "submit to one another", "submit to those in authority over you", etc.  So women are told to submit to people other than their husbands.  Logical conclusion: Biblical submission must not mean what Lori says it does.

• Upvote 11

I want to freaking punch Lori today (how is different than exactly every other day??hmm?)  Today she  is tweeting up a storm about suicide.   I'm sure it's in light of the southern California youth pastor (right down the road from where she lives) who committed suicide this week. https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/11/us/megachurch-pastor-mental-health-suicide/index.html

I'm sure she's eating this up and gossiping about it.

I don't know if they attend this church in the past or currently, but she needs to shut the hell up. Not her place, she is NOT a subject matter expert in this at all.  Just like the tragic death of Rachel HeldEvans and the breakup of Josh Harris' marriages, she is out of line and in very poor taste. 

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 3

As a teacher, I feel like I have to say this:

Children who do not see their parents, such as the children dropped off at 6:30a and picked up at 6p, presumably to go to bed around 8 or earlier, really do have a lot of issues. It makes me sad to see 1st graders living this life. I understand it is many people's reality, but the effects are clearly visible.

But you know what? 

Children whose parents are going through a divorce have issues.

Children whose parents aren't divorced, but fight, have issues.

Children who have only one parent have issues. 

Children who are adopted or fostered have issues.

Children who have gone through trauma have issues.

Children who have two happy parents can still have issues from being abused by another family member.

Children who have disinterested or working mothers who hire nannies or make dad do all the work have issues.

And finally, because this is the one Lori preaches:

Students who have a stay at home mother, but an absent/workaholic/uninterested father, have issues!

I guess what god says reigns supreme, but there isn't really a set up compatible with modern (or ancient life) that guarantees best outcomes for children. More likely the resilience of the child, as well as socioeconomic status, has greater impact. 

• Upvote 17
  • Love 4

@SongRed7could you recap what she is saying about suicide on Twitter?  I'm not on it anymore and am wondering.

Isn't she the person who deleted the Suicide Prevention number someone posted on her blog in reply to a person who mentioned depression/suicide?

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 3

49 minutes ago, kpmom said:

@SongRed7could you recap what she is saying about suicide on Twitter?  I'm not on it anymore and am wondering.

Isn't she the person who deleted the Suicide Prevention number someone posted on her blog in reply to a person who mentioned depression/suicide?

Yes, yes she did. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

Today she  is tweeting up a storm about suicide.

Oof, thanks for the warning. I definitely need to avoid her pages for a while until that stuff gets buried. I'm perfectly fine with discussing suicide and mental health with reasonable, kind people but the way fundies talk about it is triggering. I lost a sibling to suicide and while my own church was surprisingly supportive, I've met people who are just outright awful about it, and they've all been "Christians". I'm religious myself, but the things I've heard religious people say about mental health turn my stomach. And more often than not, the person saying it is the type that thinks being sad for three days after Great-Grandma died counts as "depression", so they can TOTALLY relate. ?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 18

4 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but Lori's followers are so stupid.

stupid.thumb.JPG.7a9ec336aabfe450a8e1692234ecadd6.JPG

Punishment for being a woman.

Wow

I sincerely hope this creature does not have any daughters of her own.  Such self-hatred.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 10

I saw her post about suicide ...  another passive-aggressive tweet on her part.  Also this:

1237776111_1.jpg.a6f902ad77f214adad4c2f31427ff695.jpg2043167083_2.JPG.88a26fb19ef7f140f9090c53ead386fd.JPG

LORI, YOU ARE EVIL.  Wonder how you will respond on judgement day for all the hurt you have inflicted on so many people.  God help you.  

Edited by Liza
  • Upvote 21
  • Love 6

19 minutes ago, Liza said:

I saw her post about suicide ...  another passive-aggressive tweet on her part.  Also this:

1237776111_1.jpg.a6f902ad77f214adad4c2f31427ff695.jpg2043167083_2.JPG.88a26fb19ef7f140f9090c53ead386fd.JPG

LORI, YOU ARE EVIL.  Wonder how you will respond on judgement day for all the hurt you have inflicted on so many people.  God help you.  

Risk you life for children!  It's Biblical! ?

• Upvote 11

Says the woman who stopped at 4 kids. Lori you aren't just a fucking monster, you are a hypocritical, fucking monster!

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 7

15 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Says the woman who stopped at 4 kids. Lori you aren't just a fucking monster, you are a hypocritical, fucking monster!

Not only that, but she wrote on her blog that the 4th child was unplanned.  Lori has done all the things she tells her followers not to do.  Lori abused her kids;  The woman  supports "to train up a child"  and she should never have had children.  She talks about how mothers dont love their kids, etc.  ... when the truth is that YOU, LORI found your kids to be an inconvenience and you did not love them.  You found it difficult.  You got a nanny & a  housekeeper.  Your mother helped you out, a lot.  You used that strap and God knows what else.  You used fear to get them in line and you used fear of God as well.  Now that is BAD parenting, ABUSIVE parenting.  You are projecting your issues onto all women.  It is YOU.  You wrote that you were jealous of beautiful women with perfect bodies.   When the kids left, and Ken threatened to leave, you "transformed" (I call bullshit on this).  You have used that Bible as a weapon to keep Ken (Godliness and all that), and finally, to control women now.  Your so called calling was a way to keep your husband from leaving & to exert control on other women. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 7

36 minutes ago, Liza said:

Not only that, but she wrote on her blog that the 4th child was unplanned.  Lori has done all the things she tells her followers not to do.  Lori abused her kids;  The woman  supports "to train up a child"  and she should never have had children.  She talks about how mothers dont love their kids, etc.  ... when the truth is that YOU, LORI found your kids to be an inconvenience and you did not love them.  You found it difficult.  You got a nanny & a  housekeeper.  Your mother helped you out, a lot.  You used that strap and God knows what else.  You used fear to get them in line and you used fear of God as well.  Now that is BAD parenting, ABUSIVE parenting.  You are projecting your issues onto all women.  It is YOU.  You wrote that you were jealous of beautiful women with perfect bodies.   When the kids left, and Ken threatened to leave, you "transformed" (I call bullshit on this).  You have used that Bible as a weapon to keep Ken (Godliness and all that), and finally, to control women now.  Your so called calling was a way to keep your husband from leaving & to exert control on other women. 

Right, the "transformation" had nothing to do with the Bible, but with Ken checking out of their marriage after the kids moved out.  Her self-righteousness is based on an utter lie, but she will never admit that.  A hypocrite in every way.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

Some dude posted a link to this article on Lori's FB yesterday.  It's idiotic.

http://www.angryharry.com/esEqualityNotAchievable.htm

For example, if men and women are doing the same job for the same number of hours, then a superficial analysis would suggest that they should get paid the same amount.

But, should they?

For example, should a man who has been lawyering or bricklaying for 20 years be paid the same as a woman who has been doing such jobs for only 10 years?

Let's go for serving beer in a bar.

Should men and women get paid the same for serving beer in a bar if they work for the same hours and if they both do the job equally well?

Well, of course, I would say Yes.

But so-called 'equality' fanatics, like the feminists, might well disagree, as they keep drilling down in search for 'inequality'..

They might discover, for example, the following.

1. They might discover that more men than women do this job. And from this they could conclude that 'equality' between men and women has not been achieved.

2. The statistics might show that the women tend to spend more of their money on clothes for the job than do men, and that, therefore, women should be paid more - often by sneaking the money back to them through the tax system.

3. The statistics might show that women take more days off work for childcare reasons or for hormonal problems and so they ought to be compensated in some way for this.

4. The statistics might show that women spend more time mopping up the floor than do the men ...

And so on and on it can go.

He is making a ridiculous statement against equal pay for equal work using theoretical arguments that he thinks "feminists" will make.  I can't.  I just can't.

• WTF 21
  • Love 1

From the opinion piece @hollyfeller quoted:

4. The statistics might show that women spend more time mopping up the floor than do the men ...

This one I can actually imagine. A male and a female bartender are working the same shift. There's a big spill on the floor. The male bartender ignores the spill so that he can concentrate on filling drink orders, to get more tips. The female bartender sighs, rolls her eyes, then fetches the mop to clean the safety hazard, thus missing out on a chunk of the tips she might have received on that shift. 

Granted, my working experience included just as many females ignoring the mundane, but necessary, tasks in favor of the flashier ones that got tips or positive attention from management. But someone has to wipe the tables, mop the spills, and restock the paper towels, unless you want a dangerous, gross workplace and business.

• Upvote 20
  • Love 1

Re: her suicide tweet. First she said this:

“Suicide is not the unforgivable sin. Unbelief is the only unforgivable sin.”

then a bit later she tweeted this:

“Thirty people who tried to commit suicide but failed all said the same thing. At the moment, it seemed right but as soon as they kicked out the chair, jumped off the bridge, etc they regretted their decision. #lifeisprecious

• Upvote 1
  • Angry 1
  • Disgust 5
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 7
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic