IGNORED

Sierra 3: Paddle Faster I Hear Banjos

Coconut Flan

Jill and Jessa are among the dozen or so visitors Merrick had in the hospital, per Sierra's IG stories. Sierra gave Jessa props for bringing her food.

Take notes, Jessa. Have baby safely in hospital, have friends bring food.

Sierra needs to stop having babies yesterday for her mental health, but I don't see her stopping until she has at least another girl or two.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

...can someone explain to me why they were driving home from the hospital in a two door car? What kind of a-hole drives a two door car when he has SEVEN kids? And it didn’t look like a cheap little Honda Civic either, talk about fiscal irresponsibility! 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, BadMurphy said:

...can someone explain to me why they were driving home from the hospital in a two door car? What kind of a-hole drives a two door car when he has SEVEN kids? And it didn’t look like a cheap little Honda Civic either, talk about fiscal irresponsibility! 

Where did you see this pic? I looked on her Instagram but didn't see it. I'm assuming he's like Kody Brown, driving a cool little sportscar while all his wives have to deal with hauling the kids around.

Also I have mentioned this before but I can't believe how young Sierra actually is. I feel mean saying this but she looks like she's at least my age (40). I guess that comes from having babies back to back. Same with Jill Rod.

On the other hand, I have always looked far younger than my actual age and people are surprised when I tell them how old I actually am. It's annoying sometimes.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, PumaLover said:

Where did you see this pic? I looked on her Instagram but didn't see it. I'm assuming he's like Kody Brown, driving a cool little sportscar while all his wives have to deal with hauling the kids around.

Also I have mentioned this before but I can't believe how young Sierra actually is. I feel mean saying this but she looks like she's at least my age (40). I guess that comes from having babies back to back. Same with Jill Rod.

On the other hand, I have always looked far younger than my actual age and people are surprised when I tell them how old I actually am. It's annoying sometimes.

It was on her instastory today. At best if he could squeeze 3 boosters in the back he might be able to take the three oldest boys somewhere but that’s it. It doesn’t matter if you’re a doctor or a furniture salesman—It’s a useless expense for a single income, 9 person family. 

Edited by BadMurphy
  • Upvote 2

Maybe they’re on the edge of turning into liberal fundies, and named their child after Merrick Garland.  They’ll still be against birth control, but only for themselves as a personal choice.  They’ll start supporting universal healthcare (cause lord knows they’d benefit from it) and... idk - legal pot? To make a house full of children seem less chaotic. 

Or maybe this is the wine talking. We can all dream, right? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14
  • Love 2

On 9/29/2019 at 10:42 PM, Bad Wolf said:

You'll be fine. I share mine with Josh Duggar. Happy birthday ?

Ok if you can handle that I can handle a cute baby with a whacked out mom. 

21 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I think it is more rare to NOT share a date birthday with a fundie, with the amount of numbers they have. And they keep on increasing.

I got Jackson Bates, so far it could be worse, like @Bad Wolf

I had made it until Sierra screwed it up.  

20 hours ago, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

I share mine with Zsu Anderson’s youngest. 

Poor you that’s almost as bad as Josh. 

• Haha 3

It just struck me today that Sierra is within a few months in age of Janna and Anna. Even Anna with her 5 kids and sleazebag husband looks fresh as a daisy next to Sierra. It makes me even more concerned about any potential health issues.

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, BadMurphy said:

The kind of asshole who also gets a scooter for his birthday when his overwhelmed wife is pregnant.

Took some (not great) screenshots of the car interiors for those curious/knowledgeable. I too really hope that this car is not theirs, looks nice, new and totally impractical for their family. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20191001_131919.thumb.jpg.8832e258484399c9d3561202f2a394d6.jpgScreenshot_20191001_131826.thumb.jpg.2d1127210ea8631b070d2f57d15c5add.jpgScreenshot_20191001_131753.thumb.jpg.76c5d87218f75a8552465928de980625.jpg

Also laughing a little at her hash tag "priorities" and the story is about buying coffee and food while they're sat in that fancy car. With their 7th baby in 10 years on a single income. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, LacyMay said:

It just struck me today that Sierra is within a few months in age of Janna and Anna. Even Anna with her 5 kids and sleazebag husband looks fresh as a daisy next to Sierra. It makes me even more concerned about any potential health issues.

The fuck?  She just had a baby and you expect her to look "fresh"?   What new body shaming hell is this? 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Charliemae said:

The fuck?  She just had a baby and you expect her to look "fresh"?   What new body shaming hell is this? 

I may be wrong but I don’t think OP body shaming her— I think they’re pointing out the toll this has taken on Sierra, especially when you compare her with similarly aged women in their circle. 

• Upvote 29
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, Charliemae said:

I wasn't actually commenting on her post birth appearance (she looks glowy, overjoyed and tired which is pretty much how every new mom looks) that said I understand how that wasn't at all clear and I apologize.

That said there has been ongoing conversations around how Sierra in general looks increasingly aged, tired and overwhelmed. She's a pretty person but she looks worn down and has for months, and it becomes even more stark when you put it against fundies of the same age with similar numbers of kids (Anna) it's not about conventional beauty or thinking she needs to meet an accepted standard of beauty it's being concerned that she doesn't look healthy and if she already has health issues that's worrisome. 

• Upvote 26

On 9/30/2019 at 2:42 AM, theotherelise said:

Hide contents

Before Merrick, Sierra + Mark’s procreative pace was 1 Child Every 550 Days. Now, it is 1 Child Every 562 Days. If Dominguez #8 is born 562 Days after Merr, he or she will arrive on April 12, 2021.

Assuming Sierra is fertile until Age 40, her new pace leaves time for six more pregnancies. She and Mark would end up with 13 Children, total.

Thanks for doing the math! I wanted to add that the total could be even more if she gets pregnant with twins once or twice. Perhaps that is unlikely though, seeing she hasn't had twins until now. 

• Upvote 1

During my insomniac episode last night I came up with a possible helpmate/ laundry fairy/ mother’s helper/ teacher/ house cleaner/ mentor for Sierra, and I am not joking. MICHELLE DUGGAR. Why can’t she get off her behind and give back to a young family following in her footsteps and living by her message? 

Maybe she does helps them, but I’m sure we’d all know about it, if she did. 

Think about it. She knows this gal, and knows the real struggles and needs of a young mom with many kids in the same number of years. 

Walk the walk, Michelle. Give generously of yourself. Be the giver rather than the recipient, for a change.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 23
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 7

Well, there's a reason the blanket training and buddy systems became the norm for the duggars. The children were less allowed to be children because it's pretty near impossible to raise that many kids on your own. 

Sierra meanwhile is trying to be both a good fundie wife/mom AND a good social media #momlife brand. The kids need special memories that you can put up on social media. You've got to be relatable but also extra. You can't just do a fun, easy football party for your son because you need the yard to be painted just so with the team logo so that your friends and followers like your content.

Also, as for health/vibrant appearance... Sierra is more often than not pregnant or postpartum. Some women radiate, others survive during pregnancy. I cannot imagine the stress of an above average uncomfortable pregnancy starting up again every 10 or so months. Maybe that is part of what people are seeing.

• Upvote 19

Sierra once made a comment somewhere a year or two ago...maybe IG?  She said that she looks older than her age because she was sexually abused starting at a young age.  I find that incredibly sad.  Also, she has a lot of kids and stress, so all those things combined could make her look older than her age. She definitely needs help, though.  I worry about her mental state.

For example, My MIL had a very difficult life.  She lost her mother at age 12 because her mother froze to death outside the family home after drinking all night and collapsing in the yard.  At age 16, she was pregnant by my FIL and in those days, YOU DID NOT DO THAT.  My FIL is 6 years older than my mother-in-law.  (I'm not shaming her...just stating what times were like back then.)  She also smoked most of her life and has had diabetes since1984.  She's holding on but looks about 10 years older than her age.  My heart goes out to my MIL and to anyone who lived through hell and has it written on their faces.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 10

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 1:22 PM, BadMurphy said:

I guess I have a different perspective...... I have a couple of friends with large families (requiring more than a mini-van) and I think all of their husbands drive a smaller vehicle (Camry, Rav4, Civic, etc).  The wife/mom uses the van for day-to-day needs of running around with the kids and the dad/husband uses the small car/vehicle for going to and from work and then either parent uses it when going out alone or with just a kid or two.  It saves on gas costs and is a lot easier to drive around than a 12-15 passenger van.  Why would they want to have two of those?  Or have him drive the van to work and leave her with nothing to haul the kids in. 

As for how new his vehicle is - They don't seem to have money issues so more power to them although I don't know how they afford their lifestyle.  Maybe they lease it cheap to save on vehicle maintenance on an older car (not to start the debate of lease/buy vehicles).

• Upvote 11

Yeah I’m not mad at him having a work vehicle that is practical on gas. That’s how it works at our house too. I’m the SAHM I have the kid van and my husband commutes to work in a more fuel efficient vehicle. When we travel as a family, we take the van. Not a big deal. 

• Upvote 14

On 9/24/2019 at 4:56 PM, raspberrymint said:

I'm pushing thirty and still look like a teenager.  Early twenties with makeup.  Here's hoping I don't get mistaken for a teen mom.

My daughter who just turned 29 was at the dentist on Monday and he asked her how high school is going.  He about died when she told him that she was almost 30!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

33 minutes ago, fundiefollower said:

I guess I have a different perspective...... I have a couple of friends with large families (requiring more than a mini-van) and I think all of their husbands drive a smaller vehicle (Camry, Rav4, Civic, etc).  The wife/mom uses the van for day-to-day needs of running around with the kids and the dad/husband uses the small car/vehicle for going to and from work and then either parent uses it when going out alone or with just a kid or two.  It saves on gas costs and is a lot easier to drive around than a 12-15 passenger van.  Why would they want to have two of those?  Or have him drive the van to work and leave her with nothing to haul the kids in. 

As for how new his vehicle is - They don't seem to have money issues so more power to them although I don't know how they afford their lifestyle.  Maybe they lease it cheap to save on vehicle maintenance on an older car (not to start the debate of lease/buy vehicles).

I would argue that a four-door sedan would still be much more practical in that situation than a two-door sports model. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

I see no issue with them having a second, smaller vehicle either. But they already bought a scooter for Mark in April of this year: 

Screenshot_20191003_211906.thumb.jpg.2da8eedcd96762253e01c94d4c909a26.jpg

• Upvote 8

On 10/4/2019 at 2:16 AM, NoKidsAndCounting said:

Sierra once made a comment somewhere a year or two ago...maybe IG?  She said that she looks older than her age because she was sexually abused starting at a young age.  I find that incredibly sad.  Also, she has a lot of kids and stress, so all those things combined could make her look older than her age. She definitely needs help, though.  I worry about her mental state.

For example, My MIL had a very difficult life.  She lost her mother at age 12 because her mother froze to death outside the family home after drinking all night and collapsing in the yard.  At age 16, she was pregnant by my FIL and in those days, YOU DID NOT DO THAT.  My FIL is 6 years older than my mother-in-law.  (I'm not shaming her...just stating what times were like back then.)  She also smoked most of her life and has had diabetes since1984.  She's holding on but looks about 10 years older than her age.  My heart goes out to my MIL and to anyone who lived through hell and has it written on their faces.

I was reading somewhere about how stress in girl’s lives cause their appearance to change. 

Constant stress etc causes more male hormones to be created causing women to grow to look more masculine over time.. 

I’m not saying that she looks masculine. Just agreeing that I do think a stressful and  traumatic child can age you.  

It would do all types of bad stuff to your body, physically and emotionally. 

Your poor MIL xoxo my heart aches for that little girl when it all started to go to shit. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1

On 10/3/2019 at 12:49 PM, lizzybee said:

Yeah I’m not mad at him having a work vehicle that is practical on gas. That’s how it works at our house too. I’m the SAHM I have the kid van and my husband commutes to work in a more fuel efficient vehicle. When we travel as a family, we take the van. Not a big deal. 

Yeah for those reasons I could get on board with the idea...if it was an older more economical car. However this looked like they were driving a fairly new high end sports car. I hope Sierra has a real sturdy envelope in her zip wallet for that payment. 

Edited by BadMurphy
  • Upvote 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic