IGNORED

Sierra 3: Paddle Faster I Hear Banjos

Coconut Flan

21 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

Did they actually let you do the exam once you told them you’re 22? 

We talked about this in another thread: women especially aren’t always taken seriously which affects their medical care. Your issue wasn’t primarily your sex but your looking younger than you are, but I think with a younger looking man, the nurse or doctor would be quicker to just check the records. 

Yeah once I told them I was 22 she just made a comment about how young I looked and then allowed me to do the test. A similar incident happened when I went to the dentist last month as well. In both cases they just needed me to verbally tell them that I was 22 before they did the test. It would be quicker and not that difficult to check my records. I really hope that the fact that I look so young doesn't cause doctors to not take me seriously on things but it definitely seems plausible. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I watched Sierra's insta-rant because I was sick in bed with food poisoning (yes, THAT appears what it takes for me to listen to her!) . She referenced That's So Raven and quoted MIchael Scott from The Office. I was shocked. So shocked, that I threw up! OH wait.... that may have been the dodgy food I ate.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 10

Speaking of people thinking you're younger than you are...

We have one cop in our small town who is always a real ass. I have a lot of cop friends, and even they all hate him because he's lazy and heckles people for no reason. So a few years ago I pull into the local 7-11 mid-day to run in and grab a coffee on my way to a meeting. This particular cop was hanging out in the parking lot near his patrol car. I left the store with my coffee, got into my car, and started backing out of my parking space. He comes RUNNING after me, and starts beating on the hood of my car to get me to stop. I'm all confused wondering WTF I did wrong...like did I not buckle up? Am I about to back into someone? I roll down the window and he proceeds to ask me if I have permission to not be in school! Um what? I looked at him and said "considering I'm in my 30's, married, and on my way to a work meeting...I don't really see how your question applies". Then I rolled up my window and continued to back out without giving him a chance to even say anything else. I was SO pissed because this was completely typical of his behavior. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 14

Ugh Sierra. I watched the video (it's saved as a highlight called "STAY. HUMBLE." on her instagram?). 

Once again she seems like she's on the verge of tears the whole time. My favourite part was where she said that she told the other women "you need to know you did a good job. Well done." 

I can just imagine all the women staring at this frantic 30 year old with 6 kids freaking out that she's going into labor and then it's just a spilled drink, congratulating them for helping her. So patronising. 

What I wouldn't give to hear what they really think of her lifestyle choices. 

I'm also really curious about the vibe in their house. We know the Duggars were raised to be quiet and terrified all the time. I wonder what the environment is like for her kids. Is everything rushed and dramatic? Are the oldest ones always on edge? 

As for the looking young thing, I'm in my 30s and frequently get mistaken for a teen/early 20s. It's great because 1- I'm vain and 2- people offer to do stuff for me. It's also awful though because nobody takes me seriously and assume I'm a dumb kid. People are always convinced that I cannot possibly have any valid opinions, even when it comes to my own life/body. 

It is entertaining when teenagers hit on me! 

• Upvote 9

Between this insta-breakdown and the one about Chik-fil-a vs. Popeyes I think she’s just screaming for attention. Wants someone (preferably Joy, Jessa, or Jill) to see it, think it’s hilarious and re-post it to their own story. Unfortunately the flaw in the plan is that those 3 don’t post unless it makes money (or website clicks)

Edited by BadMurphy
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

A planned hospital birth? Colour me impressed. (low bar, I know)

That's how many kids in how many years now? I feel she might be faster than Mechelle Duggar.

hospital.JPG

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

His name could be worse. I feel like her older kids’ names showed how young she was when she named them. Made up names like Daylon are often used by younger parents. And so are creative spellings like Ellyn. But her last two have been Brooks and Merrick. They are much less trendy and young sounding. So I guess she’s evolving. 

I don’t think this will be her last.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

That's how many kids in how many years now? I feel she might be faster than Mechelle Duggar.

She's definitely up there. Not sure if she'll quite get to 19 unless she has a few sets of twins later on, but about 15 or so seem more than likely if they don't wise up and put an end to the madness (or her uterus does).

@Bethella will be able to give a better overview of th exact birth dates with her spreadsheet, but just to give you an idea:

Sierra and Mark currently have 7 kids (5 boys, 2 girls), and the oldest is 9 years and 2 months old (born July 2010). That's a baby pretty much exactly every 18 months on average. Sierra just turned 30 this month, so barring any issues, she probably has another 12 or so years of fertility left in her. It's scary!

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 5

2 hours ago, JillyO said:

She's definitely up there. Not sure if she'll quite get to 19 unless she has a few sets of twins later on, but about 15 or so seem more than likely if they don't wise up and put an end to the madness (or her uterus does).

@Bethella will be able to give a better overview of th exact birth dates with her spreadsheet, but just to give you an idea:

Sierra and Mark currently have 7 kids (5 boys, 2 girls), and the oldest is 9 years and 2 months old (born July 2010). That's a baby pretty much exactly every 18 months on average. Sierra just turned 30 this month, so barring any issues, she probably has another 12 or so years of fertility left in her. It's scary!

Hasn’t Sierra said she has PCOS? Or am I dreaming that up? I honestly can’t remember anymore.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JillyO said:

That’s insane. I’m just under three years younger than Sierra and 2010 was my last full year of high school (I graduated in the spring on 2011). Of course a lot has happened since, but those days still seem sort of “close”. To think that within this relatively short time period, Sierra has had seven children boggles my mind. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Hasn’t Sierra said she has PCOS? Or am I dreaming that up? I honestly can’t remember anymore.

I’m not 100% sure but fairly certain, yes. I think we’ve discussed it here a while ago. 

• Upvote 5

27 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

That’s insane. I’m just under three years younger than Sierra and 2010 was my last full year of high school (I graduated in the spring on 2011). Of course a lot has happened since, but those days still seem sort of “close”. To think that within this relatively short time period, Sierra has had seven children boggles my mind. 

I’m not 100% sure but fairly certain, yes. I think we’ve discussed it here a while ago. 

If she does have PCOS, one day it could affect her fertility. It’s obviously not affecting it right now. 

• Upvote 3

I’d be surprised if her PCOS changed from non ovulation disrupting to ovulation disrupting. And I’d be shocked if she has irregular or issues with anovulatory cycles. You just can’t get pregnant that quickly that many times if your don’t ovulate well or somewhat regularly. Macy from teen mom has PCOS and is very fertile. Maybe if she put on a lot more weight, I guess that could change things.

secondary infertility happens and sucks. Sierra has long-demonstrated high fertility. That’s unlikely to change unless something else happens to her physically.

according to Duggar data, they are on pace for 13 kids:

Spoiler

Before Merrick, Sierra + Mark’s procreative pace was 1 Child Every 550 Days. Now, it is 1 Child Every 562 Days. If Dominguez #8 is born 562 Days after Merr, he or she will arrive on April 12, 2021.

Assuming Sierra is fertile until Age 40, her new pace leaves time for six more pregnancies. She and Mark would end up with 13 Children, total.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, grandmadugger said:

I don’t know how I feel about sharing a birthday with a fundie. 

You'll be fine. I share mine with Josh Duggar. Happy birthday ?

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 7
  • Haha 15

5 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

I think it is more rare to NOT share a date birthday with a fundie, with the amount of numbers they have. And they keep on increasing.

I got Jackson Bates, so far it could be worse, like @Bad Wolf

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

I share mine with Zsu Anderson’s youngest. 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, JillyO said:

Not sure if she'll quite get to 19 unless she has a few sets of twins later on, but about 15 or so seem more than likely if they don't wise up and put an end to the madness (or her uterus does).

Speaking of madness, it seems more likely that her mind will go out before her uterus does. I wouldn't call her unhinged, but the screws in those hinges need a few good turns. But to be fair, I get that feeling about a lot of fundies. Does Sierra believe in mental health care? Cause girlfriend could use a good therapy session. 

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic