IGNORED

Sierra 3: Paddle Faster I Hear Banjos

Coconut Flan

No Chick Fil A here in Europe that I’m aware of. But as the mother of a fabulous son, I wouldn’t dream of patronising them. 

Sometimes I feel like homophobia is the last acceptable form of discrimination. If their stance was directed at black people rather than gay people, would it still be ok to eat there and compensate by making a donation to an anti racism charity? 

Im not a perfect consumer either. I have a Nespresso machine that I’m unwilling to throw away because it was an expensive gift and I love it. But I made my kids quit Nutella because I love Orang Utans. I’m not on a high horse, but certain sacrifices are easy. 

• Upvote 17

We were kayaking yesterday and I told my husband to paddle faster, I heard banjos. He didn't think it was funny. I thought of you all, though.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 19

On 9/8/2019 at 3:43 AM, Melinda said:

I thought she was 35 or older...

She has one of those faces. I know someone with similar features and she has always been mistaken for older. She loved it when she was underage and wanting to buy beer and cigarettes. But now she doesn’t like it so much. 

• Upvote 2

On the other end of that spectrum: I’m 31 and just the other day I was asked my age while trying to buy cough medicine for my daughter. Ugh. People say I should enjoy it and take it as a compliment but I do not like being mistaken for a child. 

• Upvote 7

10 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

On the other end of that spectrum: I’m 31 and just the other day I was asked my age while trying to buy cough medicine for my daughter. Ugh. People say I should enjoy it and take it as a compliment but I do not like being mistaken for a child. 

I miss those days.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

11 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

I got age checked for safety razors. I’m 29. What would I even be able to do with some cheap leg razors anyway? Colour me confused.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

Grocery stores and the like around here have their checkouts - including self check and walmart grocery pickup - flagged to make sure you are of age for all sorts of cold/allergy meds and I'm not talking the decongestant you have to get at the pharmacy counter with a valid photo ID so they can check you in the state computer system to make sure you aren't producing meth.  (I'm in my Mid-50's and roll my eyes)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

13 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

My state has strict requirements on a lot of these purchases. I once left work early because of an increasingly bad cold and stopped off for drugs on the way home. The store’s registers were programmed to allow a max of three cold meds; I was buying four. The cashier could tell I was sick and was probably not buying them to make meth or whatever, but she could not scan the fourth item without doing a second transaction (she apologized, but I understood). 

All stores here that sell alcohol have signs posted saying that if you don’t “appear” to be over 30, the cashier is required to card you. Yes, that’s subjective, and I was carded until I was past 40.  I’m 49 now, and the liquor store doesn’t card me for wine, but the grocery store always cards me for beer.  The grocery store may grave its own internal policy to check everyone, and yes, it’s kind of annoying, but I also get it that the employee is just doing her job. My friends who work in retail say that the state regularly sends in secret shoppers to test store practices. Too many fails (usually the second one) can result in their liquor license being revoked. 

Edited by catlady
  • Upvote 7

@catlady most places I go have signs that say "we card anyone under 40" and a few just card everyone, which I think is stupid.  When you have obviously elderly persons buying anything you shouldn't' have to hassle them to wip out ID.  Obviously middle aged folks & elderly folks shouldn't need to stand in line for a wrist bands. I'm almost 50, I can, on good days pass for 35 and normal days 37/38.  I look damn good for 49, most people look at me and are like NO WAY, they always say (nowadays) I thought you were mid/late 30's tops. My father is the same way he's always looked 10  to 15 years younger than he is, and I do as well, good genes make nice youthful faces. but even still we can't pass for minors after a certain age.  

Middle aged woman whose sick of having to have my ID with me when I go to a concert or bar. I'm old assholes, let me drink. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

I worked in a grocery store from age 16-17. We had to card everyone- the system would prompt and there was no way to clear it out. And worse yet, you can't "sell" it if you are under 18 so that means calling over the nearest 18 year old to do it for you. Definitely makes you feel like an ass when the person is clearly old enough.

• Upvote 9

She posted a really long Instagram story about her kid’s juice box leaking. I don’t understand how she finds time for this stupid stuff

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Melinda said:

...And why did she post that!? She could just talk with Mark and move on instead of sharing Instagram story.

She like the sound of her own voice, it sounds like lol. :) 

• Upvote 4

On 9/19/2019 at 4:19 AM, Knight of Ni said:

Really? I love it. When I was younger, like a teenager, and people thought I’m maybe 11 or 12, I hated it. Now, at 27, people know I’m an adult when I wear some makeup but without, I often gotta show my ID for alcohol or cigarettes and it makes my day sometimes. Someone recently asked if I’m 16 yet when I went to get sake lol My hope is that when I’m 50, people think I’m in my 30s so... I’ll take that for sure. 

Before we make some reddit users cry with our thread drift, let’s talk about Sierra for a minute. The Insta story was kind of... funny... I guess? At least it was supposed to be. But also, why share it online in such a long, rambling manner? The whole time, I was just thinking “ok, get to the punch line!” but the story dragged on. Also, she didn’t come across as light-hearted, and did it only seem this way or was Sierra emotional at the end and was she almost tearing up? 

All that being said, this story is alright, there’s a lot more weird stuff going on with Sierra and this in an of itself is simply slightly odd. 

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, Melinda said:

...And why did she post that!? She could just talk with Mark and move on instead of sharing Instagram story.

I actually had a pretty good laugh at her false water breaking story ?

• Upvote 2

That was about a juice box? I hate most stories so I click through them quickly, and her facial expressions and gestures read as upset or pissed off to me, not joking about a leaking juice box.

• I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I'm one of those people who looks younger than I am. I'm almost 23 and I personally think at this point I pass for 18 but there are definitely people who disagree with me. At this point, I don't mind being carded for alcohol because I know I look young and I know that they are just doing their job (we'll see if I still mind if I'm still getting carded in a decade or so). What really bugged me was when I went to the eye doctor a couple of months ago and I was asked how old I was and I told her I was 22 and she said "oh, you look younger than that and you have to be 18 to do this particular eye exam". As part of their records, they have my birthday and she could have easily looked at it and realized I was over 18. 

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, Caskett4ever said:

What really bugged me was when I went to the eye doctor a couple of months ago and I was asked how old I was and I told her I was 22 and she said "oh, you look younger than that and you have to be 18 to do this particular eye exam". As part of their records, they have my birthday and she could have easily looked at it and realized I was over 18. 

Did they actually let you do the exam once you told them you’re 22? 

We talked about this in another thread: women especially aren’t always taken seriously which affects their medical care. Your issue wasn’t primarily your sex but your looking younger than you are, but I think with a younger looking man, the nurse or doctor would be quicker to just check the records. 

• Upvote 5

Just watched Sierra's Paw Patrol sippy cup videos. That was 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Maaaaaaaan she really resents those kids. Maaaaaaaan she is emotionally unstable. 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, bal maiden said:

Just watched Sierra's Paw Patrol sippy cup videos. That was 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Maaaaaaaan she really resents those kids. Maaaaaaaan she is emotionally unstable. 

Totally agree with your second point, she’s so emotionally unstable! Her older kids will one day remember their mother always crying and her younger ones sense it, even if they won’t exactly remember. That’s so unhealthy for literally EVERYONE involved. 

But I’m genuinely curious why you think she resents her children. I don’t get a vibe from her like I get from ZuZu Anderson (on the FWBC threads). Instead, I’d say Sierra is trying to do right by her kids and might enjoy them much more, would she have fewer and with longer gaps. She’s overwhelmed more than anything IMO. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 13

I didn't listen but 20 videos of a story is a bit excessive. But she really needs to stop. She's clearly not loving the SAHM life and her kids will see all these videos. Her oldest are old enough to realize something is wrong. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic