IGNORED

Sierra 3: Paddle Faster I Hear Banjos

Coconut Flan

Why o why does Sierra have her mailing address in her Instagram header? Is is for leghumpers who want to mail her random gifts?

• Upvote 3

I believe that's exactly what it is for.  One of her IG stories was that she stopped at the post office (or somewhere) to set up a box so that the humpers who are dm'ing her about an address can grift her with stuff now.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2
  • Rufus Bless 1

Sierra would like us all to know that she and Merrick have thrush. I want to know if she made her elaborate #crushthrush diet notes in the doctor's office with her 7 children present, or if she redid them at home just to make them pretty for instagram. Not sure which is worse. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20191103_020559.thumb.jpg.c97f51ef28b5cace4b2e998e18074472.jpgScreenshot_20191103_020505.thumb.jpg.aa59821b8c17cfdd3feed53ab2ea9f33.jpg

• WTF 1
  • Haha 5

Huh. When I had nursing thrush, the doctor prescribed anti fungal cream for me and for baby's mouth. No restrictive diet required!

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2

I had thrush at 16.  Doctor had my rinse mouth with peroxide.  No special diet.  Orthodontist took wires off my braces until it healed.   Dentist later told me it was probably hormone included.  

• Upvote 5

Omg I’m eye rolling so hard right now. 

I’m pretty sure thrush fungus doesn’t care if you stop eating 8 hours after starting. Fungus doesn’t “starve.” Also pretty sure that Christ could care less about giving you the strength to “conquer” thrush. Also, antifungal meds—even just freakin’ OTC lotrimin is great at clearing it. Also, if you want a less medical more “natural” approach, genetian Violet is great at clearing it up. She’s so annoying. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

Michelle Duggar used genetian violet for thrush. She said to remember to clean it off before nursing, or baby’s mouth will turn purple!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

My Mum got oral thrush once from antibiotics. I don’t know what she used to treat it, but I do remember her saying she now knew why babies cried when they got it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Finding solace in faith is great, but to me, the fact Sierra adds a bible verse to her notes shows how much she’s struggling. It’s good she reminds herself she “can do all things thru Christ”, but the thrush, however annoying, isn’t a huge problem. Nobody’s gravely sick so what big thing is there to do for her that she needs to call upon Jesus? Maybe I’m too harsh, but it struck me as odd. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

Thrush in your nipples when nursing a baby is a lot more than irritating - it’s toe curlingly painful! Really very very unpleasant, pain deep in the breast and stabbing daggers like pain in the nipple when latching the baby on. I’m no fundie but prayers don’t seem like a bad option in the middle of a thrush infection!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

She's been responding and then deleting a bunch of her comments lately. I did enjoy this exchange where someone echoed what everybody here has said about basic prescription meds and called her out for being a martyr: 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20191104_151308.thumb.jpg.c2a3931965f8a22df5041c99e7f21db5.jpgScreenshot_20191104_151255.thumb.jpg.ac085d8f39822476843ffef41290d0d5.jpg

?

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 6

3 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

She's been responding and then deleting a bunch of her comments lately. I did enjoy this exchange where someone echoed what everybody here has said about basic prescription meds and called her out for being a martyr: 

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20191104_151308.thumb.jpg.c2a3931965f8a22df5041c99e7f21db5.jpgScreenshot_20191104_151255.thumb.jpg.ac085d8f39822476843ffef41290d0d5.jpg

?

So the diet has nothing to do with the thrush?  I reallly don't know what's going on here.   And that notebook looks like something written by a bored 10th grader in study hall, not the busy mother of a newborn and six other kids.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

I think Sierra’s crazy diet plans are in some way connected to the whole home-birth movement and anti-vaccine trend going on in her circle. There’s such an aversion to outside influence and proper medical treatment. Yes, food can be medicine, but sometimes you just gotta swallow some pills to get better. Remember the angry reactions to Derick Dillard’s flu shot post? People seriously claimed God gives people the strength to overcome illnesses so one shouldn’t use medicine when sick. And if she is influenced by similar ideas, “only trusting a doctor” might feel like she’s not trusting god. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

I think Sierra’s crazy diet plans are in some way connected to the whole home-birth movement and anti-vaccine trend going on in her circle. There’s such an aversion to outside influence and proper medical treatment. Yes, food can be medicine, but sometimes you just gotta swallow some pills to get better. Remember the angry reactions to Derick Dillard’s flu shot post? People seriously claimed God gives people the strength to overcome illnesses so one shouldn’t use medicine when sick. And if she is influenced by similar ideas, “only trusting a doctor” might feel like she’s not trusting god. 

I think her crazy diet plans partly come from a desire to have some control in her life.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

People seriously claimed God gives people the strength to overcome illnesses so one shouldn’t use medicine when sick.

I believe a few things. But I wouldn't rely on prayer to cure polio or small pox. Actually if anything, gd created humans smart enough to create vaccines to make us live healthier lives. The strength is in the person that practically sleeps in their lab because they're trying to have a scientific breakthrough. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 5

I in no way believe not eating sugar or dairy is weird. The food we eat actually....wait for it....affects our body! Like dairy increases eczema and ear infections. Sugar feeds yeast among other stuff. That's not being anti vaccine. That is being intelligent. People need to stop this *gasp!* Anti vaxxer!!!!!! Witch hunt when someone says something like they pay attention to nutrition. This in no way means Sierra isn't weird but her diet isn't. I mean I wouldn't make a flowery list and post on instagram about my diet but still,paying attention to food is smart.

Edited by Eternalbluepearl
  • Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I in no way believe not eating sugar or dairy is weird. The food we eat actually....wait for it....affects our body! Like dairy increases eczema and ear infections. Sugar feeds yeast among other stuff. That's not being anti vaccine. That is being intelligent. People need to stop this *gasp!* Anti vaxxer!!!!!! Witch hunt when someone says something like they pay attention to nutrition. This in no way means Sierra isn't weird but her diet isn't. I mean I wouldn't make a flowery list and post on instagram about my diet but still,paying attention to food is smart.

I agree, food plays a major role in our health.  However, I feel it is not the only piece of the puzzle.  Homeopathic remedies, nutrition, and medicine all have their place in a balanced system.  

I had a stroke (and migraines, now too), so my neuro put me on meds, in addition to changing my diet.  A diet change will not completely absolve the migraines, sometimes peppermint oil helps a little, and meds aren't the answer, either.  It's a combination of things that make me function optimally.

What bothers me is when people say only one component is needed.  Keto cures migraines!  Essential oils cure depression!  Medications will cure heart disease!  Sigh...

• Upvote 7
  • Love 5

46 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I assume your post is an answer to mine and if that’s the case, I haven’t made myself clear. Sorry if that’s the case. I in no way criticize Sierra or anyone else for that matter for making informed diet choices and changes. I myself am a vegetarian and while I’m not fully vegan, I try to consume as little milk and eggs as possible. Animal rights are one reason, but I also know both aren’t very healthy. (I also don’t criticize meat eaters but cook meat for my hubs... so no judgement from me there.) Sugar isn’t great either, so why should I deny that in any way? 

My impression of Sierra is just that she is overwhelmed and dives head-first into a major diet change at a time that’s stressful enough (6 young kids and a newborn, all while supposedly homeschooling). That’s what I commented on, not generally attempting to eat healthy. And adding a bible verse to her list of “do” and “don’t” foods comes off as so desperate. So if I were in her shoes, I’d take the meds and implement healthier choices far more gradually. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 8

58 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

It's not that food plays no role in overall health, it's that there is a lot of misinformation out there and spurious claims. A lot of the time, it's quite hard to determine the effect of one factor on health because bodies and lives are complicated. This is why you see so many conflicting health studies (not to mention weak correlations get published).

There's apparently a correlation between eating a high-sugar diet and yeast infections but this is only evident (it seems) if your blood sugar is high Healthy, non-diabetic people have relatively stable blood sugar so sugar is probably not the culprit.  Blood sugar can be high in immuno-compromised people and diabetics.

I don't know Sierra's life; maybe she's recovering from gestational diabetes or something. But she's changing her story about whether she's attempting to treat thrush with *only* diet or with diet and drugs, which is not helping educate her fans.

• Upvote 12

Sierra just wrote on her fb (she linked it on Instagram), that she apparently had 6 panic attacks this morning...she’s falling apart

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

I really feel for her. But she brought it on herself. 7 kids when she didn't seem to even have a grip on 5. Why do that to yourself? GD likes sanity. Why are there exersisms and stuff? To get the crazy out. She's just going into crazy at 180 miles an hour.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Reap:   panic attack due to 1 sick child and a dog that stashed a mountain of stuff under her bed which she didn't discover until the child got sick everywhere.  And she felt she had to clean up the crap the dog stashed under the bed.  while she references post partum and such (and I get it) at no point does she actually recognize that perhaps a dog on top of 7 kids under the age of 10 is an issue or that the dog needs training/discipline 

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, clueliss said:

while she references post partum and such (and I get it) at no point does she actually recognize that perhaps a dog on top of 7 kids under the age of 10 is an issue or that the dog needs training/discipline 

Not only that but she even says: "these rapid-fire panic attacks ACTUALLY WEREN’T from me having a mental breakdown about my kids."

How does the math work on that one :confusion-scratchheadyellow:

• Upvote 14

19 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Not only that but she even says: "these rapid-fire panic attacks ACTUALLY WEREN’T from me having a mental breakdown about my kids."

How does the math work on that one :confusion-scratchheadyellow:

This poor woman. Mark, please tell Sierra you are putting the older kids in public school next semester. And as much as I hate to say it, perhaps your expensive designer dog needs to go live with some other family.  How about with Joy?

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic