IGNORED

Sierra 3: Paddle Faster I Hear Banjos

Coconut Flan

Yes, she also had opium vaginal suppositories.  I knew those were for pain/spasm but didn't realize the belladonna would treat the same.  I also didn't google it.

• Upvote 1

completely off topic but i've been listening to a podcast about the Chamberlain case and I keep reading this title as "Paddle faster I hear Dingos"  And I didn't even question it until about 2 minutes ago when I was like "wait a second..." 

As for Belladonna, the more you know! I had no idea it was used in conventional medicine still! 

That said is it really something an "influencer" (in the loosest sense of the term) should be telling someone to use? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Good grief, she and the spouse did Instagram unboxing of a metric ton of young living essential oil crap.  I did not watch the whole thing.  Is she about to fall onto that MLM bandwagon?  

• I Agree 1

Because I seem to be a masochist today, I watched Sierra's latest Instagram story. Sierra and Mark have purchased ALL of the things young living sells, in triplicate, though fortunately don't seem to have joined.  I know nothing about the company or products, but can only assume this was prohibitively expensive based on prices of oils at the spa where I splurge on my annual massage.  They felt it important to hide in the bathroom for an extended time to unpack the crate of stuff (at least 3 diffusers, a starter pack of 12 bottles of oil and I lost count, but at least 10 additional bottles of oil). Sierra wants us to know that candles give her dry eye, so to keep their house from "smelling like an old diaper", they're trying this. This is their first time buying, and they are not being sponsored. Among the babbling we also learn that Mark likes peppermint oil and puts it on his tongue (again, no knowledge, but have heard this is a no no?) And Sierra hearts lemon. Sierra assures us they do not plan to use these for medicinal purposes, just smell control, but ok sure, friend of Poison Ivy Young and her belladonna.  In the only nod to the excessively large trying this out purchase, Sierra declares that she and Mark are people who do or don't, and they did. She then asks for advice with a question box, and based on her screen cap it looks like many people are warning her about mixing dogs and kids and oils, so I hope she pays attention.  As a bonus, we hear the tale of Mark being suckered into buying some large plastic jars of off brand oils at a mall kiosk because mens like sales? In spite of them being peppermint, lavender, etc, apparently the next day they all turned into vanilla smell, because that's what cheap oils do.  Sierra says so.

Of the many questions I have, top three are:

1. Nothing new, but seriously, how in the actual hell do they afford these things? Honestly baffled by their finances.

2. Why do they think we want to see two allegedly grown adults hiding on their bathroom floor opening a box? Though I watched this, so more fool me I suppose.

3. Do any of these oils provide self-awareness? Common sense? Laundry help? Birth control?

Bonus question: if you have 7 children and have to lock yourself in a bathroom to keep them from interrupting your Instagram videos (and don't get me started on that), can you trust them all to be locked outside that bathroom with zero supervision for half an hour?

• Upvote 21
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 1

Someone's parents have to be helping them out...or, like some people I know, they've just accepted the fact that they're going to be in debt the rest of their lives and don't adjust their spending?

Oh and Merrick is what, 4 months old?  Has Brooks graduated to brother-dad /s?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I went to YL's website and the three diffusers they bought alone would set them back close to $450 if they didn't sign on as members. Add me as one who does not at all understand their finances.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • WTF 9
  • Thank You 3

Could they not have bought like one diffuser and maybe 2 things of oil to give it a try? Before buying enough to open up a homestore? I am absolutely baffled by her. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

Man there’s no way I’d want to childproof a bunch of essential oils. I once bought a few for homemade cleaning supplies. My kids and I had a play date at another friends house where they were running around dousing themselves in lavender oil. When they got home I freaked out and called poison control, who reassured me it was ok but that not all EO are kid safe. I put all mine on buy nothing the next day. I get that it’s a trend and a lot of people love it but it feels like too little education on actual safety for children. 

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Upvote 6

12 hours ago, clueliss said:

Good grief, she and the spouse did Instagram unboxing of a metric ton of young living essential oil crap.  I did not watch the whole thing.  Is she about to fall onto that MLM bandwagon?  

Oh, this is not her first ride on the MLM bandwagon--she did Lipsense for a while, and LulaRoe.  

PT Barnum said there's a sucker born every minute right?  I guess she's a re-re-born sucker.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7

Ok I have issues with candles too, and I have one diffuser and two bottles of eo. That's enough to freshen up my whole house. There's also a Mrs. Meyers spray in the loo in case it needs freshened up in there. Why does she need so much air freshener?! Do they have feral cats or something? 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

I have to say, I've been thinking it since I read it yesterday - if this is about her house not spelling like dirty diapers - maybe not constantly having say 2 in diapers at the same time would help that.

• Upvote 14

@clueliss,  I’ve been thinking about that, too.  I’m surprised that she’s burned enough candles to know that they give her dry-eye; i’d be more concerned about all those little kids running around with lit candles (I’ve cut back on my own candle usage, and I just have kittens).  If Sierra’s house smells funky, maybe they need better ventilation.  For what they potentially spent on those three diffusers and all that EO, they could have brought in an HVAC guy to do an assessment of their house and maybe make some changes.  

I had my ducts cleaned out last year, and that alone made a huge difference.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

OK, which of you FJers are quoting anti-humblebragging scripture on Sierra's Insta right now?? : )

• Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

OK, which of you FJers are quoting anti-humblebragging scripture on Sierra's Insta right now?? : )

I admit I am super over protective when it comes to anything fire related so just asking...is this a normal age to let kids learn to grill?  

My kids all could drive before I let them near the grill, but I'm paranoid like that.

• Upvote 2

I'm only just now starting to burn candles regularly again and my Border Collie is 3. They were right out when she was a puppy because they not only triggered her OCD but she wanted to play with them. Even now they're up on the dresser where she can't get to them. The cat still could but I never burn them if she's in the room anyway. I can't imagine burning candles near that many small kids, I'm assuming she has them out of reach but given fundy history with this sort of thing.... I have my doubts. 

Essential Oils might not be any better. Cinnamon oil has been shown to cause respiratory distress in kids under five - and that's only when it's diffused. Oils are vastly more dangerous when ingested by small kids. 

https://www.healthline.com/health/are-essential-oils-safe

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

To me it's just Sierra once again desperately throwing herself into something without thinking it out. Today it's essential oils, before it was cookies or chocolate strawberries or wedding planning. I'm going to do this and it's going to be great and I'm going to do it NOW!

This woman seriously needs a creative outlet, and also someone to put on the breaks.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I admit I am super over protective when it comes to anything fire related so just asking...is this a normal age to let kids learn to grill?  

My kids all could drive before I let them near the grill, but I'm paranoid like that.

Eh, Im not distressed by it. Kai is...7+? I'd trust him not to turn the knobs/heighten flames if I told him not to. I think he's old enough to be flipping chicken. 

I've been teaching a 7 year old to cook. She's mastered the art of adding noodles to boiling water without splashback, making pancakes on a griddle, she made a lasagna last week...I would trust her to flip chicken on a grill with me next to her.

Edited by FleeJanaFree
typo
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, clueliss said:

I have to say, I've been thinking it since I read it yesterday - if this is about her house not spelling like dirty diapers - maybe not constantly having say 2 in diapers at the same time would help that.

It is extremely easy to not have your house smell like dirty diapers:  take the dirty diapers and throw them Outside in the trash after you change the kid.  Isn’t that what plastic grocery bags are for?  

Edited by Tatar-tot
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

It is extremely easy to not have your house smell like dirty diapers:  take the dirty diapers and throw them Outside in the trash after you change the kid.  Isn’t that what plastic grocery bags are for?  

But then, all that plastic...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Eh, Im not distressed by it. Kai is...7+? I'd trust him not to turn the knobs/heighten flames if I told him not to. I think he's old enough to be flipping chicken. 

I've been teaching a 7 year old to cook. She's mastered the art of adding noodles to boiling water without splashback, making pancakes on a griddle, she made a lasagna last week...I would trust her to flip chicken on a grill with me next to her.

Thanks.  I know this is an area where I should have let them learn earlier.  

1 hour ago, patsymae said:

But then, all that plastic...

I’m assuming the op meant to put the dirty diapers in a plastic bag (I.e., more than one diaper), then take them all out eventually. That’s what we did, all without odor issues. But then again, I only had one, never multiples, in diapers.

eta: have had many friends with multiple kids in diapers, and didn’t notice issues then, either. Idk what’s going on with their housekeeping. 

Edited by apandaaries
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, apandaaries said:

I’m assuming the op meant to put the dirty diapers in a plastic bag (I.e., more than one diaper), then take them all out eventually. That’s what we did, all without odor issues. But then again, I only had one, never multiples, in diapers.

eta: have had many friends with multiple kids in diapers, and didn’t notice issues then, either. Idk what’s going on with their housekeeping. 

Don't they have more than one expensive designer dog with housetraining issues?

Anyhoo, this is the kerfluffle that went down on her Insta comments about her posting about giving coffees to the construction workers:

image.png.61bf83cd68f64479f6ff469e5fc857b5.pngimage.png.8026250b02cd04b998a8d2cbb05311fb.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic