IGNORED

Sierra 3: Paddle Faster I Hear Banjos

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

I couldn't resist after seeing this:

From Wolf in Sheeples' Clothing:

So... All the talk of Sierra and her ‘dating’ her children made me think of this. 

image.png.86f294add9cb40ed31486894b9b28c4c.png

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 10
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

@justodd I hate that you or anyone needlessly suffer because of who you are and how you were created.

I hope you now work in a place where you are free to ‘be’.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 4

@justodd you missed my point.  I wasn't trying to rationalize the Cathy family's donations to anti LGBT 'causes'.  I simply have noticed a trend where people say they are boycotting CFA and act like they are taking the moral high ground for doing so, while simultaneously patronizing other companies with a long history of unethical or exploitative behavior like it's NBD.  They target one company because it's easy to do so, without actually examining the full impact of where their dollars are spent.  I find that extremely hypocritical, and that's what bothers me.  I'm certainly not defending the Cathy family's beliefs.   

• Upvote 8

5 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

@justodd you missed my point.  I wasn't trying to rationalize the Cathy family's donations to anti LGBT 'causes'.  I simply have noticed a trend where people say they are boycotting CFA and act like they are taking the moral high ground for doing so, while simultaneously patronizing other companies with a long history of unethical or exploitative behavior like it's NBD.  They target one company because it's easy to do so, without actually examining the full impact of where their dollars are spent.  I find that extremely hypocritical, and that's what bothers me.  I'm certainly not defending the Cathy family's beliefs.   

I think something must be getting lost in the intent here, because I don’t see how someone boycotting Chick-fil-A “because it’s easy” is a problem. I think the fact that it *is* so easily avoided is part of why some (like myself) have such a hard time understanding why more people can’t bring themselves to do it. 

Harm reduction isn’t a zero sum game where every reason and motivation has to be perfect in order to be worthwhile. I don’t understand discounting a step in a positive direction just because that’s as far as they’ve currently gotten.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, justodd said:

Regarding whether people who boycott Chik Fil A Also boycott other companies with questionable practices? I don’t speak for anyone but myself, but I do, whenever there’s a reasonable alternative. I don’t like how Walmart treats their employees, so I’ve largely avoided them for over a decade. I think Uber is a horrifically unethical company, so I’ve never used them. I support every woman’s right to make her own decisions about her body, so I’ve never even considered going to a Hobby Lobby. There are other places I can spend my money, and I’m pretty happy to do it. When it all comes down to it, we vote with our dollars, and we have to decide if we really support where those dollars might ultimately wind up.

I’m not perfect, and neither is the world around me, so I do have to sometimes cave (I use Amazon more than I’d like, due to product availability and the fact that I don’t drive), but I don’t think “lots of companies are terrible” is enough reason to completely toss my conscience aside. If you or your friends don’t have a problem giving money to a company whose founder would like to see all lgbtqia people brainwashed in “rehabilitation” programs, just be honest about it - and if you can’t honestly say that, then maybe you should sit down for a few quiet minutes and ask yourself if you’ve ever REALLY thought about where your dollars are going, what they might be used for, and how you feel about it. If you can still sleep okay after you do that, cool. That’s 100% your call, but you should at least acknowledge that it’s equally valid for someone else to have a problem with it, even if they still patronize other “bad” companies for whatever reason they’ve got.

As a queer woman, it is really, really, REALLY hard for me to not be hurt when someone I love willingly hands their money over to a company owned by someone who doesn’t think I should exist as the person I genuinely am. I know there are other lgbtqia people who don’t feel as strongly about it. That’s their call, and it’s valid for them, but “this other lgbtqia person I know likes Chick-fil-A” is not  a valid argument for why everyone else should be okay with it. 

And yeah, maybe I am overly sensitive to this particular subject. Seven years ago, when the furor was at its peak, many of my very conservative coworkers arranged group lunch outings to Chick-fil-A to “support them for standing up for what’s right.” It provided a big anti-lgbtqia discussion around the water cooler, and it made me feel very afraid to say anything about my personal life (especially since my entire out of work life at the time revolves around my gay housemates and my volunteer work with the local lgbtqia community center). It was a very tense and very painful chapter of my life, because these were all people who thought I was the bees’ knees unless they got a whiff of what my personal life was like. To this day, I have reason to suspect it’s why I was eventually let go.

Well said. I am very sorry for what you've had to deal with and go through.  No one should have to go through that. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

I can't stop laughing at the thread title and for some reason my mind decide to play me a trick and every time I read it I can't not imagine JRod following Sierra around with her banjo and a scary Sierra run away (or at least trying ?)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Idk I like my moral high ground for boycotting Chik Fil A. Their chicken is bland as hell. Popeyes for life.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, pook said:

They just opened a Chic-fil-hate the gayz in my Canadian city today and I'm pretty furious.  That's all I have.

Bahahaha I literally just had a google news alert come up on my phone 

"Chick-Fil-A's ----------- opening stormed by protestors: "cluck off"" 

Please tell us you were one of them? 

PS fellow Canadian here, I really like your city ❤️

• Upvote 12

2 hours ago, LacyMay said:

This picture from the protest was beautiful:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190907-014625.thumb.jpg.81a0ed58923da940d25c026cef7b2174.jpg

This one from inside the restaurant, not so much. :my_sad:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190907-014707.thumb.jpg.217c0b11d056326fd715dd34398f06f2.jpg

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
riffle
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

This picture from the protest was beautiful:

Hide contents

Screenshot_20190907-014625.thumb.jpg.81a0ed58923da940d25c026cef7b2174.jpg

Hide contents

The second photo shows why some people go and eat there. Not cause of tasty chicken but cause of the chain’s hateful agenda. 

As for Sierra’s newest post about Daylon’s birthday. Nothing wrong with the post IMO, it sounded sweet and loving without a breakdown looming just around the corner. Only thing that struck me as odd was her quoting her son as saying thanks to her for doing so much. Maybe I wasn’t the most self-reflected of children, but I don’t think i would have said that as an 8 year old. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 15
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Hide contents

Ugh, you're giving me college flashbacks. I went to a conservative private college that turned into a Christian school my sophomore year and there were SO. MANY. smug, maga-hat-wearing assholes just like that one. Incidentally, this fall semester was the very first time the school acknowledged sexual assault, the possibility thereof, resources for victims and the consequences for perpetrators in its student materials.  Wanna know why? Because students started a petition after news got out about a date rape involving roofies that the school tried to keep under wraps because, in the words of the president, "that doesn't happen here". They also spent over $26 million on a chapel while my science building was falling apart and there were barely enough lab materials. And the president told all the faculty to vote for Trump and officially endorsed him. I bought and wore one of the HRCs "make America gay again" hats and a guy at a party told me he would punch it off me. I'm amazed I made it out of there with my liver intact. 

All that to say, young smirking white men in maga hats make me want to vomit. As does Chick-fil-A. 

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 5

6 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

Only thing that struck me as odd was her quoting her son as saying thanks to her for doing so much. Maybe I wasn’t the most self-reflected of children, but I don’t think i would have said that as an 8 year old. 

My 8 year old sometimes goes on a "You're the best mommy ever, you work so hard to take care of us!" kick for a little bit. It usually means I've been grumbling out loud about picking up dirty laundry and toys a lot. I use it to remind myself to grumble less, and to try to get them to pick up more of their own stuff. In some ways it's easier to do things myself (while complaining loudly :pb_redface: ), but it doesn't teach them how to live. I don't know if that's what happens at Sierra's house, though. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, LacyMay said:

I had to work.  Sad!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

Sierra is turning 30 next week. 30 and she has 6 (soon to be 7) kids. 

I hope Mark's gift to her is a vasectomy. 

• Upvote 34
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

I can't get over the fact that she's younger than me. I don't like picking on appearances but she looks absolutely haggard in some of her videos. I'm taking a full course load trying to get into my masters, adjusting to a new city, unpacking a house, looking for a job and volunteering and she makes me look fresh as a 18 year old daisy on a beach vacation. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

I can’t believe she is turning thirty. I just turned thirty, end of July. I’m not married and I don’t have kids. I couldn’t imagine having six kids at my age. That’s crazy. I hope this is truly the life she wants. Part of me thinks she keeps having kids as a way to redeem herself from past “sins” or whatever. She has said before she always gives 110% to whatever she does. It’s like she was lost, mark found her, showed her his way, and she just kept going. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

I think she doesn't even question anything anymore. She just lives quiverfull and keeps praying she'll get a blessing like the duggars did. I think one of the reasons people get so trapped in the cult is that it discourages any individual thinking. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

I thought she was 35 or older...

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

On 9/6/2019 at 4:04 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

Idk I like my moral high ground for boycotting Chik Fil A. Their chicken is bland as hell. Popeyes for life.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Popeye's has good gravy!  Mmmmm...biscuits.  

• Upvote 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic