47 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

I've been single too long!

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 10
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Sonic the Whoredgehog

Ooh, that fresh new thread smell! I see where @JesusPony is coming from with the suspicious all-caps in Phil's insta-sermon, but frankly the whole thing reads like a half-assed attempt at sounding like Spurgeon or Calvin and I'm not sure Jill has the capacity to alter her writing style. It's about as coherent as I would expect of someone she educated, plus a nice little tinge of "some soldiers are weak, how sad, but isn't it nice that we're better Christians than everyone else?" 

Don'tlikekoolaid

Smells like a little plagiarism is happening there.  Some of those words are more than two syllables.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 3

JesusPony

Turning young men into ignorant, self-righteous know-it-alls is the fundie way.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

Meh
SillyDillys

Alot of my family/friends have given me shit for the fact that my boyfriend is 30 and I'm 23 but I love the fact that he has had life experiences and understands that not everything is sex all of the time. Sure at the start it's great but my girlfriends always complain about how their boyfriends always initiate it and they just gowith it. My boyfriend understands that I am not ready to go all of the time and I will not just give in because he is pestering me. Hell between our jobs, stress, and other personal issues there is just no time for that and we have great sex, but it's nice to know that it is not all about that. 

Happy
PennySycamore

@scoutsadie,  I freakin' love that your cats are named Hypatia  and  Calpurnia!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

Georgiana

In honor of our previous thread drift, I have a Raquel pome for you all:

Jill Rodrigues, 

On the
Road
Grifting
And
Singing
Melodies
?

Who knows.

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 2

sparkles

Ive been following the story of Eva Love Sherbondy, a 7 year old girl who sustained a massive TBI after a freak fall and now has a very bleak prognosis. She comes from a deeply Christian family—I think her father is a preacher—and I can’t help but contrast her family with some of those we follow here. From all appearances, her parents are warm, loving, fun, welcoming, inclusive and unafraid of the world, the kind of people that this atheist imagines Jesus would want his followers to be. In short, the total opposite of Jill, who would probably be shilling plexus as part of her medical updates.

They’re hoping for a miracle, but I think they’re confronting the realities and it’s clear their deep faith is shaken. As much of a nonbeliever I am, I hope they can find comfort in that faith and that they get their miracle. 😥 

Forgive my crappy typing. My keyboard is on the fritz. Trying to correct as much as I can.

• Sad 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 24

NancyDrewFan1989

@Fundie Bunny and @OGEmoji I have no problem with people getting the right medical care and food. What irritates me about David and Jill is they put on this front that they have it all together conning people into giving them the money they need. Plus, it looks like the two of them use their children by making them sing for their supper at all of these revival tents. Both of them are able bodied and can get a regular paying job. Anyway, the two then return home and spend the money, some of which the children probably helped earn, on themselves on fancy dinners while the kids have scraps and are encouraged to fast. The two of them probably won't have to pay for the kids wisdom teeth getting pulled. The money that they save they will, most likely, use on the two of them, like a vow renewal with a hired photographer or a quick getaway to a Victorian Bed and Breakfast, while the children are left to fend for themselves. David and Jill seem to have no problem taking care of themselves feeding their own desires with delicacies, like a spoonful of ice-cream, that the children probably won't experience until either they marry or run from the family. I have NO problem with them getting medical care and food. But, the money that they save they use on themselves. They seem to have only their own interests at heart. 

Edited by NancyDrewFan1989
Not all went through

SuperNova
4 hours ago, SillyDillys said:

Alot of my family/friends have given me shit for the fact that my boyfriend is 30 and I'm 23 but I love the fact that he has had life experiences and understands that not everything is sex all of the time.

Why do they give you shit for it? My daughter is your age and her boyfriend is 29. It's such a good match for her to be with someone a littler older and steady. She's always been level headed and mature and guys her age just weren't in the same place. Most of her friends are 30+ as well. She just seems to relate better with them. Nothing wrong with that. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

livinglongerthanyou

I am just catching up and so swinging around to the photo in the Indian restaurant. My first thought was that there was very little food eaten. Granted, the server may have already cleared much of the table, but knowing Jill's unhealthy relationship with food, I have a hard time picturing those girls eating a big meal. 

The Indian restaurants here - all 2 of them - make sure their customers are stuffed by the end of the meal. Portions are generous, the food is delicious and the service is excellent. Indian cuisine was initially a hard sell here in the middle of Alaska, but the two restaurant families set to work to share their culture and their food. They are also generous community supporters and have endeared themselves to folks here. 

• Upvote 21
  • Love 11

Walking Cat Bed

There's an Indian and Nepalese restaurant near me that I will visit once my finances balance out.

It's a hell of a lot more appealing than the Denny's that's halfway there.

Meh
SillyDillys
24 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Why do they give you shit for it? My daughter is your age and her boyfriend is 29. It's such a good match for her to be with someone a littler older and steady. She's always been level headed and mature and guys her age just weren't in the same place. Most of her friends are 30+ as well. She just seems to relate better with them. Nothing wrong with that. 

Well in my family, he has had too much experience for me. In their minds he is ready for marriage and I'm in no position for that. My aunt told my mom that shes crazy for allowing that. "Just think when she was 15 he graduated college!"

So what? I'm a legal consenting adult. We compliment each other. Everyone talks about how I am such an old soul. Like how can you be surprised i am dating an "older man"?

Also I know I am not ready for marriage. I just graduated college and we've only been together for 14 months. Hell he's not ready for marriage as he has had a failed engagement before me.

I love my extended family, but I have to love them from afar otherwise I'd kill them

WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
2 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

David and Jill seem to have no problem taking care of themselves feeding their own desires with delicacies, like a spoonful of ice-cream, that the children probably won't experience until either they marry or run from the family.  

As long as Jill gets lucky Dumpster diving, there's ice cream for everyone! :my_biggrin: :icecream:

(Did I get the story right? I've read people refer to Dumpster ice cream, but I've never read the original story.) 

mhainlen
5 hours ago, Georgiana said:

In honor of our previous thread drift, I have a Raquel pome for you all:

Jill Rodrigues, 

On the
Road
Grifting
And
Singing
Melodies
?

Who knows.

I just finished reading all the Raquel threads on FJ (sad I missed the Yuku days, but I did read her fictionals). Was feeling sad that there hadn’t been any recent updates on her, so happy to see a pome over here.

Petronella
1 hour ago, mhainlen said:

I just finished reading all the Raquel threads on FJ (sad I missed the Yuku days, but I did read her fictionals). Was feeling sad that there hadn’t been any recent updates on her, so happy to see a pome over here.

There's been some recent discussion of her in her thread on Quiver Full of Snark. Not a lot, but she's selling essential oils now and writing more poems.

Satisfied
church_of_dog
8 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

As long as Jill gets lucky Dumpster diving, there's ice cream for everyone! :my_biggrin: :icecream:

(Did I get the story right? I've read people refer to Dumpster ice cream, but I've never read the original story.) 

IIRC it's not quite that gross.

I think her family finished a tub of ice cream and put it in their own kitchen trash.  Then Jill saw the container and removed it and ate the last spoonful or two that had been left in the tub (probably melted dregs).

If I got it wrong, hope others will correct me!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 12
  • Thank You 6

Thorns

(I tend to get hang ups on food and eat certain things a lot before I find something else to feed on). 

We had tikka masala (the boring type from a jar) yesterday. Now I crave it again. Impressionable, much? 

Edited by Thorns
Sentences are hard.

EmmieJ
4 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

IIRC it's not quite that gross.

I think her family finished a tub of ice cream and put it in their own kitchen trash.  Then Jill saw the container and removed it and ate the last spoonful or two that had been left in the tub (probably melted dregs).

If I got it wrong, hope others will correct me!

In other words, she pulled a George Costanza.  (Anyone else remember the episode when he eats an éclair out of a kitchen garbage can?)

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 4

Wrexus
8 minutes ago, mane's mommy said:

“Adjacent to refuse is refuse”

my kid (almost 8yo) ate a donut out of our trash yesterday. He grabbed it, rinsed it under the faucet and crammed it in his mouth before I could even fathom what was happening. 

At least he rinsed it? 😂😂

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 30
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

ModestisHottest
2 hours ago, mane's mommy said:

“Adjacent to refuse is refuse”

my kid (almost 8yo) ate a donut out of our trash yesterday. He grabbed it, rinsed it under the faucet and crammed it in his mouth before I could even fathom what was happening. 

Wet trash donut!! Yum!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 34
  • Love 3

NancyDrewFan1989
16 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Yeah pretty much that is the story. I found that particular story gross. It was in the garbage for who knows how long. Actually, it is the first story from the Rod's that caught my attention about them.

Waffle Time
catlady
50 minutes ago, ModestisHottest said:

Wet trash donut!! Yum! Ymmm!

FTFY.