IGNORED

How to get Blog / Journal

Conundrum

I've searched but can't find anywhere the criteria for getting my own blog or journal. This may simply be that the answer is easy to find but it's late and I didn't sleep well last night. (Plus my kitten is mad at me because I stepped on his foot; accidentally, of course! Unfortunately, all he cares about is that it happened and it hurt.) I would ready like to just get some thoughts out, maybe get others advise and opinions, and to vent a little. Can someone help me to understand how to set one up? Do need a certain amount of posts? Or maybe it's only reserved for the thin, tall, beautiful women with witty and humorous snark that are allowed to participate. (If the latter is true, I'm out of luck because I need to grow a few more inches, lose about 50 pounds, and color my hair because the white roots are very unflattering.)

Edited by Conundrum
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Conundrum said:

Or maybe it's only reserved for the thin, tall, beautiful women with witty and humorous snark that are allowed to participate. (If the latter is true, I'm out of luck because I need to grow a few more inches, lose about 50 pounds, and color my hair because the white roots are very unflattering.)

Blogs can be started by any FJ member. There are no requirements, as far as I know. (Good thing, too! I'd never have one under those "rules"! :my_smile:)

I'll try to walk you through starting your blog, but I made mine almost 4 years ago, and I'm not entirely sure I remember how. (Which reminds me, I haven't posted on it in 2 years. :my_blush: )

So, to start, you need to click or tap on the directory/index thingy:

Spoiler

20190902_010449.thumb.jpg.f51fbe4cfcbcf8ad531531824768ad81.jpg

Then choose "Browse":

Spoiler

20190902_010513.thumb.jpg.7b44df7ab594c99c9c6ab3ca5d8e2572.jpg

Then pick "Blogs":

Spoiler

20190902_010550.thumb.jpg.4991cf75da4282efcea791de6a44e6a9.jpg

That should take you to the main page for all the blogs. When I'm on that page, I see this:

Spoiler

20190902_010838.thumb.jpg.859ff6ae29a961b2cc81f1a809bc6548.jpg

I'm hoping that where I see "Add a new entry", you might see something about creating a blog. If that isn't the case, we'll need someone who knows more to help. 

When you do get to the right place to start your blog, you'll want a name for it, and maybe a picture to go at the top. I'll check back tomorrow!

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
riffle
  • Thank You 1