IGNORED

John Shrader 18: Hell freezing over despite climate change

samurai_sarah

I still think the surgeon is sketchy as fuck for not doing things properly with the FDA. So many things could go wrong (Thalidomide babies) especially when you are taking about something that is gong to be permanently in you body, 

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Cauda Equina syndrome is rare, but Dr. Hodges told me that he sees, on average, 5 cases a year in his Surgical practice. What was quite sobering to me was when he stated that, although those cases reached him for surgery in the 24 hour window after onset, 2 of the 5 never recover their functions.

So I'm going to call bullshit on this bit.   I had to look up Cauda Equina Syndrome and if he found out 7 weeks ago that's what he had, his surgeon sucks for waiting so long to do surgery.

I have no doubt he had a spine issue, but I do not believe it was Cauda Equina.  I have the symptoms of it as well, but I don't say I had it because I don't need to be super special.   I have a shitty spine and that's "good enough."

Assuming that film in the other thread was his, he definitely had disc problems, but all disc problems are not created equal.   I think this is the first time he's mentioned stenosis and frankly I didn't see any in his film.  I'm not a degreed medical professional, but I've spent years looking at my spine which is nothing BUT stenosis basically.

It will be interesting to see if he makes a miracle recovery or not.   I haven't seen him talk about any of the aspects of some of the things that go on with serious spinal compression and I'm not going to detail my experience any more than I already have just yet just in case John is reading here.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

He'll show everyone in line his Xrays and bore security by telling them all about how God gave him a Bionic Back. 

I didn't read that mess you posted, just your comments after I got past the back stuff, but is he suggesting he has to carry proof of hardware?

I thought I read it was titanium?   You don't need any kind of "metal" notice if you have titanium.  The only reason I need one is the IVC filter I have.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I can't add to the eloquence with which you all have torn John apart. I just want to share my feelings when I read he has one of these:

Inversion Table therapy (owned my own for about 17 years now),

I imagined that smug, grinning, doofus face upside-down, and got a bit queasy.

• Haha 11

8 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

That's one of the complicated things about this story. John (by his own admission) said that he's suffered from debilitating back pain for 15 years. Nevertheless, he chose to go ahead and have 9 or 10 more kids and move to Zambia as a missionary. A prudent person would have that shit checked out before he went overseas and before he decided to have a bazillion blessings. That is, of course, if his version of events is true. Did he really suffer that long? Who knows? Also, I believe was told he was at risk for cauda equina syndrome; I don't believe he ever actually had it. 

He said in that long post that @Palimpsest posted that he had it...or I guess he heavily implied that the surgeon said he had it.

I'd sue the surgeon that made me wait 7 weeks for emergency surgery, though.  I'm just a bitch that way I guess ;)

I've written and deleted like 5 posts reading through this thread.   There is so much crazy about his story.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Curious said:

I didn't read that mess you posted, just your comments after I got past the back stuff, but is he suggesting he has to carry proof of hardware?

I thought I read it was titanium?   You don't need any kind of "metal" notice if you have titanium.  The only reason I need one is the IVC filter I have.

No.  I only said that because Johnny seems to want to show everyone in the world and their dogs the "proof" of his miracle cure.

7 hours ago, Curious said:

I guess he heavily implied that the surgeon said he had it.

This.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

23 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

I tried Chiropractors and Physical Therapists, Inversion Table therapy (owned my own for about 17 years now), and back gadgets too numerous to count. TENS units and essential oils of all types and brands, creams, rubs, lotions, pills, supplements, bed rest (the longest more than two solid months of my back) all to no avail. I have special back pillows and a special "zero gravity" lawn chair...

And "Cauda Equina syndrome"  "But in rare cases, severe back pain can be a sign of cauda equina syndrome (CES), a condition that usually requires urgent surgical treatment. People with cauda equina syndrome often are admitted to a hospital as a medical emergency."

Apparently, Cauda Equina syndrome does not present for years and years and then SUDDENLY become an emergency.

Edited to add:  Mean culpa to those above who commented on the spuriousness of CES without my ackowlewdgement.  I am irked when other folks "post before reading"  and I just did the same thing!

Edited by gustava
apology
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

John get us all so irked that posting before reading becomes a thing. I often have to remove my finger from my phone and take 10 deep breaths on a John thread. 50% of me would love to meet John. The other 50% goes into fright and flight mode at the mere thought of meeting him. I'd need to take along minders to remove me if I spoke to him!!!!

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I only said that because Johnny seems to want to show everyone in the world and their dogs the "proof" of his miracle cure.

Again, my imagination got the best of me. I just pictured smug, over-sharing John eagerly showing his x-rays to a dog, who is responding with the classic canine puzzled head-tilt. 

At least I'm amused this time, rather than queasy.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 18

8 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

a dog, who is responding with the classic canine puzzled head-tilt. 

iStock-509119713-e1493128019841.jpg

I think that is a Weimaraner.

11 hours ago, thoughtful said:

I imagined that smug, grinning, doofus face upside-down, and got a bit queasy.

This will make you feel better.

Spoiler

b17f4669f61d2cff4e73dc56d922cda9.jpg

Not one of mine. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 19
  • Love 7

On 8/31/2019 at 8:53 AM, Palimpsest said:

Pity his fellow passengers if he does fly on September 19.  John is going to hold up every security check.   He'll show everyone in line his Xrays and bore security by telling them all about how God gave him a Bionic Back. 

And he'll preach loudly and endlessly to his seatmates on every single flight!

Or he'll get sped thru the security check so that the people working there can get him away from.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

Whoops, sorry everyone. His writing g is uh, subpar at best and he’s prone to exaggeration, so I got confused about whether he had it or not. I stand corrected. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Whoops, sorry everyone. His writing g is uh, subpar at best and he’s prone to exaggeration, so I got confused about whether he had it or not. I stand corrected. 

John's writing is subpar and he never uses one word when 20 are available.

He first mentions Cauda Equina Syndrome in his August Prayer Letter.  In that he says he is "at very high risk" of CES.

In this latest epistle he says:  "Cauda Equina Syndrome is rare, but Dr. Hodges told me that he sees, on average, 5 cases a year in his Surgical practice. "

So he implies but doesn't actually say he had CES.  Typical Shrader double-speak.  He's not lying but he's spinning.

From Web MD

What Is Cauda Equina Syndrome?

Cauda equina syndrome is a rare disorder that usually is a surgical emergency. In patients with cauda equina syndrome, something compresses on the spinal nerve roots. You may need fast treatment to prevent lasting damage leading to incontinence and possibly permanent paralysis of the legs.

And

Causes of Cauda Equina Syndrome

CES occurs more often in adults than in children. But it can occur in children who have a spinal birth defect or have had a spinal injury.

These are the most common causes of cauda equina syndrome:

• A severe ruptured disk in the lumbar area (the most common cause)
  • Narrowing of the spinal canal (stenosis)
  • A spinal lesion or malignant tumor
  • A spinal infection, inflammation, hemorrhage, or fracture
  • A complication from a severe lumbar spine injury such as a car crash, fall, gunshot, or stabbing
  • A birth defect such as an abnormal connection between blood vessels (arteriovenous malformation)

What I take away from this is:

1. John was indeed at high risk of CES due to his damaged disks.  But it was not a case of emergency surgery because he had not yet developed it.
  2. John has always been fixated on his premature birth and super-special status because he survived it. 
  3. He's decided that he had the rare birth defect of CES because he is so super-special and was a premature baby.
Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 6

5 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Again, my imagination got the best of me. I just pictured smug, over-sharing John eagerly showing his x-rays to a dog, who is responding with the classic canine puzzled head-tilt. 

At least I'm amused this time, rather than queasy.

May the dog lift its leg and show its opinion.

Edited by 3splenty
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 16

Thanks for the brain-cleansing dog pics, @Palimpsest. You are correct - the first is a Weimaraner. And you were also correct in thinking that an inverted greyhound grin would make me feel better.  ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • Love 3

On 8/31/2019 at 3:51 PM, apple1 said:

Time will tell.

BTW John, the spine has FACET, not faucet, Joints.

No, John has faucet joints.  Just like this mouth, they run all the time.

Edited by Carol
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 23
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

iStock-509119713-e1493128019841.jpg

I think that is a Weinmaraner.

Such a pretty Weinmie! Our first family dog that I remember was a sweet Weinmaraner. From what I've read, he didn't have the typical personality for the breed. He was mellow, laid back, and a bit lazy. I was scared of most dogs before we got him, so he holds a special spot in my memory. :face_dog: :tw_heart:

• Upvote 2
  • Love 10

On 8/31/2019 at 1:08 PM, mango_fandango said:

I’ve heard of people using TENS machines in labour, for example. 

I barely know anything about Shrader. He just makes no sense.

I used one in early labor. I found it really helpful. It did nothing once I was in active labor, though. The epidural, on the other hand, was amazing. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Because more than a little bit of this saga nags at me - I have been doing some more searching (yes, on Google).

Apparently, there are a few artificial replacement discs that are FDA approved for use in the cervical spine.

I can only find one option that is FDA approved for use in the lumbar spine. Its literature has a list of contraindications so long as to eliminate a majority of individuals needing lumbar spine surgery. Age, are they diabetic, weight, not more than 1 level, stenosis, previous treatment with steroids, other comorbidities, the list goes on and on).

As another poster mentioned above, the not-FDA-approved disc replacement John had sounds sketchy as heck to me. Clearly its long-term impact is unknown at this time.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

Wow. So, uh, Shrader has reached out via Reddit and said he’ll consider taking a voice call from anyone to clear his name. Someone in one of my fundie Facebook groups messaged him and confirmed it was him. So, who wants to get on the horn and ask about the plane?

• Confused 1
  • WTF 10
  • Haha 13
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Wow. So, uh, Shrader has reached out via Reddit and said he’ll consider taking a voice call from anyone to clear his name. Someone in one of my fundie Facebook groups messaged him and confirmed it was him. So, who wants to get on the horn and ask about the plane

Say what?  "Clear his name" on which of many issues?  Should we make a list?

I can never find stuff on Reddit but I'm going to have to try!

But voice call, horse pucky. I want his responses in writing.  :angry-devil:

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I wonder why now. Is he facing funding problems? His surgery was not cheep. And we know his results as a missionary are poor. He couldn't even give a ride to the hospital to someone in need. The truth mobile was just too full. 

• Upvote 10

Here we go, screenshots:

7166DA2F-C3D4-436E-A202-4793A1CE6C55.png

6C02CC34-C9B2-4507-8D1C-21510657FD1D.png

67653EA8-6001-4120-A019-9F3DB1A02E69.png

Anyone an attorney who does depositions in a single-participant-recording state? ?

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 1

They don't know much about Shrader on Reddit do they?  And why did John not even attempt to answer that person's questions?

Apparently John is considering doing an AMA on Reddit now.  If he does, it will be a positive fuckfest of mansplaining.  I wish he'd come here, but then he'd say none of our questions are reasonable.

Some dainty morsels though:

I'd be happy to answer any of your reasonable questions. I can easily prove that I'm the real John Shrader, not someone looking for a laugh.

Perhaps he'll show us his X-rays again.

The most interesting accusation is that I'm always "begging" or "grifting," when I'm like one of the few missionaries I know that literally NEVER mentions our needs, financial or physical, not even as a "prayer request" (hint, hint, wink, wink)

He supports himself and his family on donations alone.  Oh, and little hints like my children need vaccinations before going to Africa, I bought a plane but need to learn to fly, my piano was broken in transit, Esther misses her washing machine and I miss ice cubes, my printer broke, I'd like to start a chicken enterprise for the "men," and I need urgent back surgery and need prayers don't count at all?  People don't contact Johnny about funding for those little hints at all.  (wink wink)

I post my prayer letters on facebook, the same exact ones I send to our supporters, no changes.

He never sends private emails with requests.  Never!  Wingless planes just fall from the sky, chicken appear in coops supernaturally, and money for expensive vehicles and tents rains down upon Johnny's head.

I confess that I have indeed vascillated between making my facebook private/public not because I'm hiding my grifting, but because the amount of misinformation and really hurtful comments have gotten to me at times.

So he admits that he does grift.  And he doesn't vacillate (FTFY, John) over making his facebook posts private.  He hides the evidence after the fact of really embarrassing things that get him criticism.

I mean, it's not my fault Anna made a REALLY bad call and married a reality tv star, but, it got me on the radar, so, here we are.

We discuss plenty of Fundies who are not related to Anna Keller Duggar in any way.

If anyone seriously wants to actually get to know me, you are welcome to call. The easiest way to communicate would be through Messenger, as we can voice chat or call.

The easiest way to get blocked on FB by him is to ask uncomfy questions.

I'm nothing like y'all have made me out to be, so if anyone has the guts to directly contact me, 

It is not a matter of "guts."  

We don't have to agree, but I think you might be shocked at the way we do our "ministry." I'm definitely NOT the typical fundie with their high pressure sales pitch evangelism.

Johnny just talks people's ears off for hours at a time.  And threatens them with Hell because they are not his type of Christian.  

I want anyone with the fortitude to actually contact me to hear my voice and have (hopefully) an adult conversation.

Fortitude.  You will need it.  Johnny thinks his gift of the gab will persuade you he is right.

I am fairly busy (I'll be attending the funeral of the wife of one of my close friends tomorrow)

He had to slide that one in. 

Please message me through Messenger and let's arrange a time that works for both of us.

Do an AMA, Johnny.  And answer all the questions however unreasonable you find them.

Selah

Palimpsest.  

• Upvote 13

Oh deer Rufus!  Please, John, PLEASE register here.  I will personally approve your account.  I have so many questions about your spine situation.

Thanks for verifying you do read here, too. 

I've been a good girl this year, please Rufus and Santa let this happen!!!!!11!!!11!!!!11

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 5

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic