IGNORED

John Shrader 18: Hell freezing over despite climate change

samurai_sarah

17 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Did she have a miscarriage?  According to John they have 10.4 kids.

Hm, according to fundy wiki they have Enoch Shrader, Alatheia Shrader, Timothy Shrader, Nehemiah Shrader, Agape Shrader, Elijah Shrader, Charis Shrader, Sophia Shrader, Stephen Shrader, Isaiah Shrader, Caleb Shrader - so I think John is just cementing his place as Father Of The Year.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 1

@apandaaries, your rants against Shrader are blessing my soul.   Come on over here, Johnny.  We would love to have you join us.

57 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

Hm, according to fundy wiki they have Enoch Shrader, Alatheia Shrader, Timothy Shrader, Nehemiah Shrader, Agape Shrader, Elijah Shrader, Charis Shrader, Sophia Shrader, Stephen Shrader, Isaiah Shrader, Caleb Shrader - so I think John is just cementing his place as Father Of The Year.

This is correct.  The confusion may be due to a typo I made a few pages back where I accidentally typed "11 and counting" instead of ten and counting children.

@anjulibai, where did you see the February due date for Shraderling #11?  John's use of decimal points is annoying. I suppose if Esther was 0.2 pregnant in July and is 0.4 pregnant in September that makes a due date in February.  But after the mix-up over Caleb (who wasn't excessively large) I'm not expecting #11 until March.

11 hours ago, Curious said:

The weird thing about this story to me (well the whole thing is weird, frankly) is how John has latched on to it being a death threat to HIM.  In reality, it's a punishment to Rick.  Taking his firstborn (or maybe it's firstborn son).  John just happened to be first.  If one of the other kids had been first then they would have been the target.

It's not like he did something special as a (premature) newborn to anger someone so much that they left a note written in blood threatening John Shrader!

Or am I missing something?

I'm sure the note was just written in red biro.  John needs to produce it to prove his story.

As for Johnny, he is unhealthily enmeshed with Daddy emotionally as well as dependent on him financially.  He's Rick's mini-me and is endlessly brown-nosing singing Daddy's praises.

He is also the only child in the family who is following in Daddy's footsteps.  Sarah, who seems to have been a lovely and vibrant woman, married out of the church.  Rick and John studiously avoided all mention of her husband, I think they even left him off the obituary.  However, it seems to have been a good and loving marriage.

As for the other brothers, the last time I looked the Shrader parents had cut Jace (Jared) off completely.  He is seriously mentally ill and self-treating with illegal drugs.  Hard for any family to cope with, but I'm sure the Shraders consider him filled with sin instead of ill.  Seth and Joel still identify as Christian but are living pretty main-stream lives and are out of the family fold.  I think John considers them both "Lost."  He certainly considers Jace beyond the pale.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 6

3 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I'm sure the note was just written in red biro.  John needs to produce it to prove his story.

:thumbsup3:

red biro :laughing-rollingred:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

This is correct.  The confusion may be due to a typo I made a few pages back where I accidentally typed "11 and counting" instead of ten and counting children.

Ok I've counted on fingers twice - he has 11 kids, right?  So this will be #12? 7 boys and 3 girls?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

Ok I've counted on fingers twice - he has 11 k ids, right?  So this will be #12? 7 boys and 3 girls?

Apparently I can't count any better than John! :D

1. Enoch Shrader,
  2. Alatheia Shrader,
  3. Timothy Shrader,
  4. Nehemiah Shrader,
  5. Agape Shrader,
  6. Elijah Shrader,
  7. Charis Shrader,
  8. Sophia Shrader,
  9. Stephen Shrader,
  10. Isaiah Shrader,
  11. Caleb Shrader 

Eleven children and Counting it is!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 3

I was just looking back through bits of John's posts that @Palimpsest posted looking for something and I noticed he has taken to saying posts are public so feel free to share.

I don't remember him doing that in the past.  Did I just miss it or is that something new?  If it's new do you think it's because his beef jerky and sunflower seed supply is running low? or is there some other reason?

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Curious said:

I was just looking back through bits of John's posts that @Palimpsest posted looking for something and I noticed he has taken to saying posts are public so feel free to share.

I don't remember him doing that in the past.  Did I just miss it or is that something new?  If it's new do you think it's because his beef jerky and sunflower seed supply is running low? or is there some other reason?

All of John's posts used to be public.  We have quoted him liberally since 2014ish,

Then he learned to make really embarrassing stuff private,  He's wiped the public FB several times over the years.  And he has gone completely private for 8 months or so at a time after really terrible disasters.

These days he makes desperate grifting posts public.  And prayer posts.  And all his horrid pomes and hymn posts because he thinks they are wonderful.

He test drives some posts with the humpers before making them public 24 or 48 hours later.  And he has two new posts up right now.

The first (possibly newly made public) is about Boyd.

Pleading for True, Genuine, Biblical Intercessors to Come here, and/or Wherever They are, to Interceed for Zambia

(NOT just another "please pray" post. This is life or death serious. So often, we are sadly so casual about prayer. Please read with seriousness and gravity, if you read at all)

I am coming to you again, calling from my innermost being and heart of hearts for Genuine Intercessors, not only for Boyd, but for the entire ministry.

Some of you saw a mention of Boyd earlier...and if you don't know much about him, let me tell you a little about him, as you interceed on his behalf.

He made a profession of faith years ago under this ministry. He then shared how his people and Province did not have biblical churches and needed the Word of God, and that God was burdening Him to preach the Word to them. Not long after that God opened a great door to us in Boyd's home area of Mongu, Western Province, and after that, through the Chief to two large Districts in that Province.

Satan went after him greatly after he surrendered to preach the Word of God.

Without going through everything, he eventually got everything seemingly squared away and started preparing and learning God's Word in our Bible Training program, and growing in a discipleship/mentorship relationship with myself. We traveled thousands of kilometres together, laid our bodies, weary from serving, in tents, crossed rivers in dugout canoes together, prayed and wept for souls together, and he was a bold witness and began to preach, both here in Kafue, there in Mongu, in Mulamba with me, and in the Chief's village and even on the island there and beyond.

God moved a mature, Zambian family to Mongu (10 hour drive from us to Western Province), and so Boyd had accountability, assistance, and a backup for when he was not there. We all agreed (their godly pastor, Pastor Obed Zulu, Bro. Scrivner and I) that Boyd was under the leadership accountability of that mature family (See about Bro. Scrivner and pastor Zulu in our last video update on our YouTube page from August, 2018), even as Boyd would minister there.

Boyd gave up TWO good job offers, as a man in his mid-twenties, and this infuriated his extended family, who eventually met with him, and pretty much just wrote him off for not "providing" for the family. Basically they disowned him. That was a very, very hard time for him. Both his parents are deceased.

Satan clearly fights when men here step forward or step up. It's been that way all five years we've been here.

That's why we need your prayers.

Desperately.

Jesus only left ONE specific prayer request, and that was for us to PRAY that the Lord of the Harvest would send forth laborers.

I am praying, specifically asking God to raise up some intercessors for this ministry. You might be an older, retired person, maybe a widow or widower, looking for a ministry.

You are welcome to come to Zambia.

You might be a young person that has a deep burden and zeal for Eternal Souls, and not sure where God wants you to go for now, but are free to come and live and minister alongside us here, even for time.

Come to Zambia!

You might not be free and able to come, but maybe God is teaching you and burdening you about what biblical intercession is.

Pray for us and Zambia and the surrounding nations, please.

I'm reading a book which is frankly, the most devastatingly and revealing book I've ever read about pride. It's called, "The Royal Insignia" and is available on Kindle. To order in print, send me a email or message me and I'll get you the info. As with anything, "eat the meat and spit out the bones," but, boy, it is a revealing, convicting, and devastating book.

God, as He is called in one of the short, two page readings, is the "Universal Demolisher." Ever since the tower of Babel, men and women have desired to make themselves a name and build something. This is pride, and God will share His Glory with no one. It's rampant today, even among "Independent Baptists."

May God convict us, open our eyes, and help us get right. I'm asking God to help me focus on myself and my sin in this area right now, as that is the only one I can do so for.

I thank God for the demolishing He is doing in my heart, life, and ministry here, while there is still time for HIM to build something that will last and is worthwhile in Eternity.

I know this one thing for sure.

Nothing significant for God, through God's Power alone, has EVER been done apart from prayer, serious, real, pay-the-price prayer.

Spurgeon's secret, the root or source of God's Power upon him and his ministry, according to him, was intercessory prayer.

We are waiting on God.

I am laid low and have months of rehabilitation and recovery ahead of me. It takes every ounce of strength and far more, only by God's grace to minister for four hours straight in my condition and at this stage of healing. God really helped me today here. I preached on "Power In The Church," the I. Source (Holy Spirit) Acts 1:8; II. Speaking (the Word of God) - Acts 4:29,33; III. Satan's Power Broken - Acts 26:16-20; IV. Seeking that Power (through prayer) - Acts 4:23,24,31,32; IV. Shutting Off of God's Power - Psalm 66:18 [just the main points shared here]

Our younger faithful men are still finishing some schooling obligations, even though they are approaching or around their early twenties, so they are not available at present to go out to the villages, but I thank God they have taken full responsibility for the opening on Sundays, Bible Sword Drills, Scripture quotation on Sunday, Song leading, and youth and men's Bible studies on Saturdays. Timothy and Alatheia are now assuming the playing of the piano in my place, as they have the past 3 months.

So we are waiting to see what God will do, and whatever it will be, it will not in ANY way contribute towards John's name or be construed as what John has built.

Just as in the testimonies of how God amazingly is taking care of everything regarding my surgery, so it will be in this.

Would God have you come, or seriously commune with Him about dedicating to true biblical intercession in behalf of God's Work through us here in Zambia and beyond?

We need laborers, both here, and, well, anywhere as long as they are devoted to true pay-the-price biblical intercession. I would love for God to bring someone here just for that focus alone, would that be His Will.

Please...intercede for Boyd...please. He did come to "hear" the church, was there the next night for our Thursday mid-week service, but did not come to church today. We love him so much, and beseech you to pray for his brokenness and biblical godly sorrow that he might repent and be restored to God, His Church, and in being used for God's Glory in whatever way biblically he can.

Waiting Expectantly,

js
Zambia

(Feel free to share, if the Lord leads)

Oops, hit submit too soon.  I have some stuff to say about this.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

OK, going in.  All quotes are from John in my above post.

Some of you saw a mention of Boyd earlier...and if you don't know much about him, let me tell you a little about him, as you interceed on his behalf.

What I know about Boyd is that John has praised him to the skies in many posts since the big kerfuffle of 2017 when the Faithful Roderick made his exit.  And that is intercede, Johnny.

He made a profession of faith years ago under this ministry. He then shared how his people and Province did not have biblical churches and needed the Word of God, and that God was burdening Him to preach the Word to them. Not long after that God opened a great door to us in Boyd's home area of Mongu, Western Province, and after that, through the Chief to two large Districts in that Province.

Boyd was first mentioned late in 2017 as a new convert.  John presumed to call him "Black Bull."  That may be Boyd's self chosen nickname, but it did not sit well with me.  Boyd is very young.  He is Boyd Sikakena on Facebook.

Satan went after him greatly after he surrendered to preach the Word of God.

Without going through everything, he eventually got everything seemingly squared away and started preparing and learning God's Word in our Bible Training program, and growing in a discipleship/mentorship relationship with myself.

Boyd initially went along with Roderick in the great rebellion of late 2017 but he soon came crawling back.  Handia made a very good post on his FB explaining that the White Missionary's wealth was tempting to impoverished nationals without calling Boyd out by name.

And that is the non-existent  "Bible Training Program," Johnny.  Your Bible College never was a reality.

Boyd replaced Roderick and turned into your only trusted companion (the other faithful were only teens) and fellow traveler everywhere.   We have documented evidence of that.  And your repeated gushing praise for Boyd.

John claimed that Boyd always had a "burden" for his home town in the Western Province.  John's first trip there was a funeral.  Naturally.  The Chief stuff came later.

We traveled thousands of kilometres together, laid our bodies, weary from serving, in tents, crossed rivers in dugout canoes together, prayed and wept for souls together, and he was a bold witness and began to preach, both here in Kafue, there in Mongu, in Mulamba with me, and in the Chief's village and even on the island there and beyond.

You took advantage of him, Shrader.  I have asked several times if you were paying Boyd for his time.

Boyd gave up TWO good job offers, as a man in his mid-twenties, and this infuriated his extended family, who eventually met with him, and pretty much just wrote him off for not "providing" for the family. Basically they disowned him. That was a very, very hard time for him.

Wait a minute here.  Roderick only gave up ONE good job offer, but Boyd gave up TWO good job offers to become John's servant, translator and general dogsbody.  How much was Johnny paying him -- if he was paying him at all.

No wonder his extended family tried to reason with Boyd!  I doubt it had to do with "providing for them."  Au contraire, they were trying to rescue him from John's evil clutches!

Both his parents are deceased.

John is preying upon orphans yet again.  Remember Arcade.

Satan clearly fights when men here step forward or step up. It's been that way all five years we've been here.

In other words, John Shrader has not succeeded in converting a single Zambian to his cause.  In five (5) and counting years.

Remember this asshole's life verse used to be Timothy 2:2.  He was going to train pastors, set up a Bible Institute, "build" on Bobby Bonner's IAM legacy (until IAM dumped him), work with Rea (until Rea dumped him) and have a flying ministry in his wingless plane.

I am praying, specifically asking God to raise up some intercessors for this ministry. You might be an older, retired person, maybe a widow or widower, looking for a ministry.

You are welcome to come to Zambia.

Translation:  "I need White People.  These Africans have figured out that I am full of shit!"

You might be a young person that has a deep burden and zeal for Eternal Souls, and not sure where God wants you to go for now, but are free to come and live and minister alongside us here, even for time.

You might want to check with Bro. Theophil first though.  John seems to have treated him like crap and poor Theo didn't last long.

I am laid low and have months of rehabilitation and recovery ahead of me. It takes every ounce of strength and far more, only by God's grace to minister for four hours straight in my condition and at this stage of healing. 

Why are you still there in Kafue, John.  It is taking a lot of money to support you, Esther, and 11 and counting children in Kafue.  And for what.  Go Home!

I thank God for the demolishing He is doing in my heart, life, and ministry here, while there is still time for HIM to build something that will last and is worthwhile in Eternity.

God is telling you to GO HOME!

Our younger faithful men are still finishing some schooling obligations, even though they are approaching or around their early twenties, so they are not available at present to go out to the villages,

You mean Emmanuel, Whyte, and Paul.  They are babies.  And once they finish school they will need to get JOBS to support themselves!  You know, that job-type thing you know nothing about, John.  Earning money not grifting it!

Please...intercede for Boyd...please. He did come to "hear" the church, was there the next night for our Thursday mid-week service, but did not come to church today. We love him so much, and beseech you to pray for his brokenness and biblical godly sorrow that he might repent and be restored to God, His Church, and in being used for God's Glory in whatever way biblically he can.

I've been hoping for Boyd to escape Shrader's clutches since January 2018.  I'm rejoicing in his apparent escape now.

Waiting Expectantly,

For Shrader's funding to be cut off!  For once and for all.  Shrader is a Prating Parasite.  Get him out of Africa before he does even more damage. For goodness sake. 

This man is a complete failure in everything he does.  And I am sick of him preying on young men like Boyd as well as endangering his family.

• Upvote 18
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

All of John's posts used to be public.  We have quoted him liberally since 2014ish,

Then he learned to make really embarrassing stuff private,  He's wiped the public FB several times over the years.  And he has gone completely private for 8 months or so at a time after really terrible disasters.

This bit I knew about. I just hadn't noticed the "please share" type language and it made me wonder if his pool of victims prayer warriors was getting slim.

• Upvote 3

I started noticing the "please share  if you feel like it" messages when he was trying to drum up "prayers" before his back surgery. He probably gained a few new followers, so he's keeping up with it. My guess anyway. 

I wonder if Enoch and Timothy stayed in the US when John had his back surgery. If not, did they have to fly back to Zambia on their own? Seems like John would have wanted them to accompany him on his trip back, to help with luggage and such. Do we know for sure?

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I am laid low and have months of rehabilitation and recovery ahead of me. It takes every ounce of strength and far more, only by God's grace to minister for four hours straight in my condition and at this stage of healing. 

There is no reason on this earth that anyone needs to "minister" for 4 straight hours.  That is mind-numbing.   I couldn't sit through a 4-hour movie, which presumably would be far more interesting and entertaining than listen to John "preach"

Also, he seems to have gone from I had miracle back surgery and will be back to normal in no time to woe is me, I have rehab and recovery ahead.  poor, poor me.

I think those of us with prior experience with back surgery pointed out that him thinking he was going to be back to doing things in several weeks was optimistic at best and completely unrealistic at worst.

Unfortunately, he will probably be able to milk this for quite some time given that, IME, 18 months is about what it takes for full healing to occur.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Wait a minute here.  Roderick only gave up ONE good job offer, but Boyd gave up TWO good job offers to become John's servant, translator and general dogsbody.  How much was Johnny paying him -- if he was paying him at all.

I very much doubt he was paying him. I suspect Boyd thought that he would be trained and then paid - but John cannot afford that and has no intention of paying anyone or giving up any control. I sincerely hope the new pastor in Katy starts asking the hard questions soon and support dries up. 

• Upvote 14

8 hours ago, NoneIsEnough said:

I wonder if Enoch and Timothy stayed in the US when John had his back surgery. If not, did they have to fly back to Zambia on their own? Seems like John would have wanted them to accompany him on his trip back, to help with luggage and such. Do we know for sure?

John has been silent on the subject.  However, we know that Enoch, and probably Timothy, are now back in Kafue.  Enoch carried Nehemiah into the living room so they could pray over him.  They probably flew back with John.

8 hours ago, Curious said:

Also, he seems to have gone from I had miracle back surgery and will be back to normal in no time to woe is me, I have rehab and recovery ahead.  poor, poor me.

I think those of us with prior experience with back surgery pointed out that him thinking he was going to be back to doing things in several weeks was optimistic at best and completely unrealistic at worst.

I think John has had a horrible reality check over his surgery.  It is clear that he has very little experience or knowledge of medical procedures.  He has obviously been told not to over exert, lift things, or drive for several months.  He did not anticipate that, or how painful he would find his recovery, but John is always unrealistic.

The problem is that the missionary "work" that he is so boastful about requires a lot of driving.  He has alienated many people in Kafue so he is having to go further afield to find new opportunities. 

"Truth" Baptist church in Kafue was scattered with the great revolt of 2017.  John had to drum up new members by waste-papering a low income area of Kafue (the "Compound") to build membership back up.  The people from the Compound have to be bused in every Sunday in the Troopie.  He packs approximately 25 women and children into that mini-bus.  Esther's women's group seems to keep that church going, but in John's mind women don't count.

The "Hope" Baptist church plant in Mulambo is several hours away by car.  His last report on Hope church was that it was in a shambles and the previously faithful Bros. Phellion (Roderick's BIL) and David Banda had succumbed to Satan's attacks.

"Freedom" church in Western Province is 10 hours away by car.  And the Chief John is so keen on is 2 hours further away than that.  He can't make hay over there if he isn't supposed to drive.

So John is limited to sitting on his butt in Kafue recovering.  This is good because I expect both the church plants and the chief will lose interest in him completely.  But only now does Shrader realise that he isn't going to have anything to boast about for months.  And he doesn't have Boyd to boss around any more.  He has lost his errand boy and main translator.  Remember John has made very little attempt to learn any of the languages.

2 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I very much doubt he was paying him. I suspect Boyd thought that he would be trained and then paid - but John cannot afford that and has no intention of paying anyone or giving up any control. I sincerely hope the new pastor in Katy starts asking the hard questions soon and support dries up. 

And this is the big problem with John's conversion model.  He expects these young men to give up their jobs and be "discipled" by him with no means of support.  They are supposed to be at his beck and call and travel everywhere with him but he does not provide them with lodging (he closed the Timothy House), food, or pay (the chicken enterprise failed). 

He is exploiting them.  They have to drop everything, follow John, and become Fishers of Men.  Johnny thinks he is Jesus Christ.  How are they supposed to survive?  John specifically tells his donors not to send his converts cash or gifts.  It is bad for them.  But Johnny gets plenty of cash from home.

That said, I think we heard Shrader did supply Roderick with some money.  A pittance.  Roderick was a bit older and had a wife and children to support.  Let me rummage in the archives a bit to confirm that memory.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 16
  • Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I think John has had a horrible reality check over his surgery.  It is clear that he has very little experience or knowledge of medical procedures.  He has obviously been told not to over exert, lift things, or drive for several months.  He did not anticipate that, or how painful he would find his recovery, but John is always unrealistic.

My last 2 surgeries were more extensive than John's and the 2 before those were less extensive so I'm not an exact match, but from what I can tell protocols are very similar for all back surgery, it's more the timeline that changes.

I know I would not have been allowed to travel like John did directly after surgery.  My husband has not even been allowed to transfer me from one facility to another because they want me laying down for the transfers.    I know from experience bumps in the road and just being in traffic, in general, is much easier on you if you are laying down so those things are spread out over your body rather than your spine taking the brunt of everything if you are sitting.   There is no way they would have okayed a 14 hour flight for me on a regular plane, being seated that whole time.

You really find out what you use your back for when it hurts.  You think you know, but you really don't.  I was shocked at how many things you wouldn't really think would impact your spine actually does.   I can't think of any of those things off the top of my head, though.

The standard spine protocol is no BLT (bend, lift, twist).  My weight limit when healed is 5 pounds, which is pretty unrealistic for doing much of anything, tbh.   I am quite certain that I carrying things that are more than 5 pounds, but I rarely lift stuff and even more rarely lift something heavy.  IME, spine protocols are pretty self-limiting because stuff hurts.   I have a pretty high pain tolerance and before no bending/twisting was my normal routine I was reminded regularly that I wasn't supposed to be doing something due to pain.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 6

Yes, but @Curious, your spinal issues are far more complex.  When I looked at the Cayman Islands site I thought the extremely short recovery times overly optimistic too.  None of us believed that he would be released so quickly or flying back to Kafue this soon.  Let alone be practically fully recovered in 6 or so months, as John still seems to believe.

Moreover, you are not a Miracle Metallic Missionary and did not have Johnny's Futuristic and Experimental Bionic Back Implants Installed By Godly Surgeons like John.  And you didn't have Many People All Over the World Praying for Your Recovery.   Eleventy!!!1111!!!

Seriously though.  If John's experimental implants are as successful as those doctors claim, it is an important medical break through for spinal surgery.  Perhaps we should all be grateful to John for being a guinea pig.

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Yes, but @Curious, your spinal issues are far more complex.  When I looked at the Cayman Islands site I thought the extremely short recovery times overly optimistic too.  None of us believed that he would be released so quickly or flying back to Kafue this soon.  Let alone be practically fully recovered in 6 or so months, as John still seems to believe.

Moreover, you are not a Miracle Metallic Missionary and did not have Johnny's Futuristic and Experimental Bionic Back Implants Installed By Godly Surgeons like John.  And you didn't have Many People All Over the World Praying for Your Recovery.   Eleventy!!!1111!!!

Seriously though.  If John's experimental implants are as successful as those doctors claim, it is an important medical break through for spinal surgery.  Perhaps we should all be grateful to John for being a guinea pig.

I agree my spine can't be compared to anything it's pretty FUBAR.  I'd argue I might be more special than John in that regard ;)

I've honestly never been able to ride in a car long distances since my first surgery because it puts a lot of stress on your spine and even with good shock absorbers your spine still takes the brunt of everything that happens when you are driving/riding.   I feel bad for my husband when he's driving on roads that have a lot of potholes are just rough pavement because I flinch and make involuntary unhappy sounds every time my spine "talks" to me.    I would guess most of the roads we travel on are in somewhat better conditions than SubSaharan African bush (well maybe not Baltimore ;)  ) <I love Baltimore, please don't send me hate mail!!>

I'm 4 years out from my last surgery and yesterday I slept in bed rather than my recliner.  I woke up laying on my side, but with my torso turned so my arm was behind me on the bed (ie: twisted).  I am DYING today.   My spine is so very unhappy with me.

I'm sure John will probably take his protocols seriously so he can lay in bed and play poor me, now that I think about it.

If the implants got work and they eventually get FDA approval it would definitely be a boon for people with spinal problems.   I know a lot of research is going on regarding biomechanical devices so hopefully in the future spine problems won't be so awful for people.

I have a biomechanical device, btw.  I have a synthetic cage at T12 because the compression fracture I was given, by an aide breaking my protocol at a SNF, was too severe to "cement" the disc and save it.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love 6

I found the source in the archives for Roderick being given some money.  As it turns out, Shrader occasionally gave him money and food, but promised to pay him $80 USD per month for full time ministry.  But then Shrader stiffed Roderick and refused to hand over the cash.  No wonder Roderick strayed.   See this post and the followup post a little further down the page.

For context: @clearingthingsup, hasn't logged in for a couple of years.  I hope they come back.  Their opinions were generally reliable, IMO.

I don't think they were ever officially verified as an insider.  However, many of the things they told us turned out to be very accurate.  They were Rea supporters and from one of the churches that was no longer supporting Shrader.  We gave them a fairly hard time when they first appeared for being soft on Rea.  They claimed to have met the Shraders, and were very fond of Esther, but their opinion of Shrader after meeting him was devastatingly bad.  Their information mostly came from Shrader adjacents because they had been blocked by Shrader and had no way to contact Esther.  They were Facebook friends with Handia and a few other of Johnny's former converts.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

Perhaps the Lord will lay it on the hearts of the Rodrigues family to stage an intercession in Zambia.

Seriously, I wonder what he means by "interceed."  Does he just need some extra help or does he mean to kidnap Boyd and harangue him until he sees the light?  Job description:  wrestle Satan; ability to preach for over four hours (FOUR HOURS?!?); arrange for photos to be taken at funeral; accordion playing optional; obsequiousness required.

I hope Genius Daddy Shrader has deep pockets.

Also, had to laugh at John recommending a book called "The Royal Insignia."  I bet John wants one of those insignias, to show his humility.  ?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

main translator.

John is truly up a river without a paddle. He has no one to really translate his hours long sermons, no one to send to the villages to make sure the chief doesn't abandon him, no one he can present as a convert. Esther is the only one keeping his main church going. By the time he recovers there will be few pieces left for him to pick up and start rebuilding. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

John is truly up a river without a paddle. He has no one to really translate his hours long sermons, no one to send to the villages to make sure the chief doesn't abandon him, no one he can present as a convert. Esther is the only one keeping his main church going. By the time he recovers there will be few pieces left for him to pick up and start rebuilding. 

I wonder if Esther has taken the time to learn the language more fully than John has.  She must not be fluent or she could translate for him, I guess.

How awful do you have to be that people would rather pay for you to be in another country than have you around.

• Upvote 6

17 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

Also, had to laugh at John recommending a book called "The Royal Insignia."  I bet John wants one of those insignias, to show his humility.  ?

He can stick it up next to the "Seal" he made for his non-existent Bible College.

Yes, it looks as though John is requesting fervent prayers for intercession with Boyd's soul, and for some poor sucker(s) to come out to Zambia to help him.  Now if John were still friendly with IFB missionaries there are a couple on GIBM whose "mission" is to fill in for others when they are on furlough or dealing with a crisis.  http://gibmission.org/missionary/

Unfortunately GIBM dumped Shrader at the same time Valley Baptist and Rea dumped him.  And there are other missionaries like Justin Souter, Jack Price, and even Rea, already in country, who might have been willing to help him -- if he hadn't spent the past 5 years dissing them publicly.

I don't understand why John doesn't understand that his God has demolished what was unworthy in the first place.  Hey, John, how many hints does God have to give you.  He's already sent you a wingless plane, killed your chickens, caused your followers to revolt, and given you a bad back.  You (and your every increasing family) are a bad risk as a full time missionary anywhere now.  

John going to have a hard time starting from scratch yet again and I fully expect his back is not going to be better in under a year.  As it is, the donors are going to support him, Esther, and 12 children indefinitely while he recuperates and writes "Joy Jewls" and execrable poetry.  He'd probably rather do that than work anyway so he's like a pig in clover.

• Upvote 8

50 minutes ago, Curious said:

She must not be fluent or she could translate for him, I guess.

Heaven forfend.  Esther's a mere woman. She can't translate for the Men!

And she has 11 and counting children to take care of, feed, homeschool (in theory at least), and her women's group to run.

• Upvote 5

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic