IGNORED

John Shrader 18: Hell freezing over despite climate change

samurai_sarah

And the next update on Nehemiah.  They are on the way home.  It could have just been a one time seizure because the hospital couldn't find anything obvious wrong.  I hope so for Nehemiah's sake.  They are monitoring and praying.  And there are a couple of pictures on Nehemiah on a gurney to prove they took him to a hospital.

3 am - Final Update (Lord willing)

It's the middle of the night here in Zambia. If you are just reading this, we were awakened by Elijah, our 9 year old, frantically informing us that our 12 year old, Nehemiah, was having a serious problem. We found him in his bed in a seizure, unable to respond, with some blood in his mouth, and after crying out to the Lord for mercy and help, and acknowledging that our son was a gift from Him and we had dedicated him back to the Lord, Enoch carried him to the living room. His eyes were completely dilated as he continued to have the seizure, I quickly called my father and asked him to be praying. The thoughts go through your head when something like this happens, and you ask the Lord, "Is this it Father? Are you going to take him back home now?"

As we continued praying as a family he then began to quiet. His pupils returned to normal, and his eyes rolled to the left and his mouth was working as he seemed to try and speak. After some minutes, he was able to speak but slurred. Over the next 15-20 minutes, Nehemiah slowly came back. Dad called an E.R. Nurse in our sending church, and her counsel was that it could be anything from low electrolytes to a brain tumor, so best to get it checked out.

We drove the 1+ hour drive to the Capitol City of Lusaka and went to the best hospital we know of. They gave Nehemiah an examination, an ECG, and blood and urine tests. Meanwhile, at least four individuals shared with us similar situations with them, without any identifiable cause. All the tests came back great, no "clues" or causes to perform any further tests, such as a CT scan. They will run everything by the pediatrician later today. We will be monitoring and trusting the Lord in all this. We have followed the biblical mandate of getting the "multitude of counsel," and are now heading back home.

Again, we thank you for your prayers. How amazing and comforting to see the "rapid response" team kick into action. Your care and love, in praying for us, fills our hearts with great gratitude. We should be home by 4 am and be able to get some rest.

With deepest thanks,

John and Esther Shrader

Notable points:

• They were far too busy praying to time the seizure, but it seems to have been a long one.
  • Their son was a gift from the Lord and they dedicated him back to Him.  If Nehemiah (or any child) dies in Zambia then it is God's Will and another sacrifice Johnny has made for the Lord. 
  • The  "multitude of council" was all back in the USA.  Have they have no friends, medical resources, or even a pediatrician in Zambia?  I call that bloody neglectful.
  • It sounds as though Enoch was left in charge of all the other children during this crisis.  Again no mention by John of any adults or friends in Zambia being involved.
  • For the love of Rufus, John!  Lusaka is the capital city.  Not the capitol.
11 hours ago, Granwych said:

Just how old is Caleb,I wonder?

IIRC, Caleb was born in January 2018,  We were on baby watch for weeks because his due date was supposed to be early December. It seems Esther had her dates wrong.   John merely reported that Caleb's birth was an "easy labor but a difficult delivery."  Easy for him to say.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 4

18 hours ago, Markie said:

I wonder if where they are living, they called a telehealth line and got advice to get the kid to the closest ER? Hope the boy is okay. And it’s still all about John and his suffering while Esther drives. 

They are approx 3hours away from the extremely professional well equipped Lusaka main hospital. There is a mother/children hospital 1/2 way between the CAPITAL city Lusaka and Kafue.  Traffic is bad during rush hours at each end of the day, like any other city in the world. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, gustava said:

Did he have MRI or other sophisticated tests????

Sounds like they took the poor lad to the women's/children's hospital unless Esther drove very fast/ the traffic was ok. Depends on what Johnny boy meant by 1+ Hours  drive. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Just a phlebotomist not a nurse or doctor. 

It sounds like a grand mal seizure but it doesn't at the same time. From the blood, I am assuming he bit his tongue and lateral tongue biting is 100% (okay maybe like 99.6) specific to grand mal seizures. 

However the completely dilate pupils is unusual.  I was always told that pupils couldn't react to during a grand mal seizure. Of course this is just what I was taught in passing. 

Having visited Ugandada, I can say that there is a slight mumps and meningitis problem but proper vaccines and you are good to go.

(Also if anyone wants to "save" Africa, don't be a missionary.  be a tourist. Go spend money. It is beautiful and the local food is amazing ?)

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Longhairedheathen said:

Having visited Ugandada, I can say that there is a slight mumps and meningitis problem but proper vaccines and you are good to go.

Yeeeeaaaaah. About that....

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Yeeeeaaaaah. About that....

No....

Nooooo.

Newish to this but please tell me, the children are vaccinated. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Longhairedheathen said:

No....

Nooooo.

Newish to this but please tell me, the children are vaccinated. 

I regret to inform you that they are not, in fact, vaccinated. But they have a colloidal silver machine, so there's that. :?

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 5
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I regret to inform you that they are not, in fact, vaccinated. But they have a colloidal silver machine, so there's that. :?

Actually, we have confusing information about that. 

One of John's humpers visited here briefly.  It might have been @shraderfriend who assured us the kids were vaccinated.  Or perhaps it was the other humper whose name I forget.

About 6 weeks before the Shraders left for Africa John did a last minute grift for vaccinations.  And yes, he complained about how expensive they would be and asked for money.  In the end he decided it would be cheaper to get them in country.  I very much doubt they carried through with that plan, however. 

And, given the Shrader normal dependence on woo, it seems very, VERY, unlikely that the kids are vaccinated.

2 hours ago, Longhairedheathen said:

However the completely dilate pupils is unusual.  I was always told that pupils couldn't react to during a grand mal seizure. Of course this is just what I was taught in passing. 

Dilated pupils are one of the rarer autonomic symptoms but they can happen in tonic-clonic (grand mal) seizures.

Disclaimer: I am not any form of medical professional and don't play one on FJ.  My experience of seizure disorders is limited to having had a friend who told me what to do in the unlikely event she had a breakthrough seizure (she was on meds), and having owned 3 dogs who had seizures. 

But, hey, humans and dogs are both mammals and the treatment is remarkably similar.  My last epi-hound had very hard to control violent tonic-clonic and was on a cocktail of several different (human) anti-seizure drugs. I became something of a lay expert on doggy seizures and their treatment.  We had emergency liquid Diazepam at home to administer rectally if he went into stasis (status epilepticus).  Very long or repeated seizures are medical emergencies.

4 hours ago, gustava said:

Did he have MRI or other sophisticated tests????

According to John's latest update, which I already quoted above, Nehemiah had an exam, an ECG, and blood and urine tests and was sent home because they were normal.  The hospital pediatrician was supposed to review the results and get back to the Shraders.  They were right to take him to a hospital.

But being released after a check-up like that is not unusual at all. One-off seizures do happen and never recur.  If little Nehe has further seizures he will need more testing and, if they dx epilepsy he will probably be put on meds.  Luckily a lot of Shrader humpers are talking about meds.  

If that happens, I hope Johnny and Esther accept the idea of meds and don't start looking for a herd of swine to expel little Nehe's demons into.  They may be nuts enough to think his seizures are Legion,

I wonder what would have happened if Nehemiah had seized when John was back in the USA. Poor Esther,

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

Just catching up on several weeks of Shrader (haven't worked up the strength/attention span to tackle JRod yet).  John said that Nehemiah had an ECG, but didn't mention an EEG.  I'd like to know whether he simply got his medical alphabet soup mixed up (and he wouldn't be the first), or whether Nehemiah really did have just the ECG.  Because ECGs are useful and I can see why they might do one, but they won't record electrical activity in the brain (which is what goes wonky in a seizure) the way an EEG will.  Ideally I think you'd want to be recording EEG while a seizure is taking place, but unless they're really frequent or predictable - and it sounds like this was so far a one-off - that's more a matter of lucky timing, and you can sometimes pick up something like epilepsy while recording during non-seizure time.

Either way, that must've been so scary for Nehemiah and the other kids.  I hope they're able to figure out what happened.

-Not a doctor; I just do EEG-based brain/cognition research.  Not specifically seizure-related, but so much early brain research depended on patients who'd had things go badly wrong that you sort of have to pick up bits and pieces about ways brains can malfunction or be damaged.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

We found him in his bed in a seizure, unable to respond, with some blood in his mouth, and after crying out to the Lord for mercy and help, and acknowledging that our son was a gift from Him and we had dedicated him back to the Lord, Enoch carried him to the living room. His eyes were completely dilated as he continued to have the seizure, I quickly called my father and asked him to be praying.

Well, I hope Nehemiah didn't hear that. But I bet the other kids did. Just what you want to hear when your brother is having a terrifying seizure. :roll:

The thoughts go through your head when something like this happens, and you ask the Lord, "Is this it Father? Are you going to take him back home now?"

Did you ask out loud, John? If so, see above.

• Upvote 16
  • Love 2

I just about lost it when I read John's response to Nehemiah's seizure. The blunt ignorance he has about his son having a medical condition. I just can't! Like really you needed to go get a nurse after praying to tell you to bring your son who is having a seizure to the hospital. Like get the nurse and pray at the same time and do what you can to get him to a hospital. Like really? I know there are a lot of likes in this post. But, I just can't wrap my head around John's blunt ignorance. 

Edited by NancyDrewFan1989
had to add
  • Upvote 16
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, NoneIsEnough said:

Dear Lordt, please don't let JRod hear about this and try to sell him the Plexus. 

I wouldn't be shocked if she knows them since Esther's brother Nathan is courting JRod's beloved Nurie. She has probably heard by now through the grapevine.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

I wouldn't be shocked if she knows them since Esther's brother Nathan is courting JRod's beloved Nurie. She has probably heard by now through the grapevine.

After the Rods last trip to FL where they hung out with the Kellers, I think she mentioned hearing about a godly airplane missionary in AFRICA!  (or something very similar to that). I assumed the Kellers told her about John. And I'm sure she told Timmy all about it. 

• Upvote 3

15-20 minutes plus how long it took them to realise he was seizing, plus the praying time. Yeah that's not great. 

I would assume it was an EEG not an ECG, but as @FullOfGravy said unless he is seizing while they are doing it they won't see much.

I sincerely hope it was a one off. I also hope they keep monitoring him for a bit, just in case.

• Upvote 5

Shrader has made another l-o-n-g public post and is asking people to share it.  It is deep, man.  Rest assured, it is not another update on Nehemiah (I hope he is fine) but is all about John.  As usual.

Hope Deferred Maketh the Heart Sick
- Proverbs 13:12

I keep hoping that fake missionary Shrader gets kicked out and is forced to bring his family back to the US.  My heart is sick.

Have you ever thought something was going to be one way, then it turned out to be NOTHING like you eagerly anticipated? This happens to us all, whether it be a particular Product, some Production, or a relationship with a Person!

The Bible here in Proverbs 13:12 helps us understand our natural reaction to such disappointments. This Hebrew word carries the idea of becoming "worn, weak, or wounded."

What Hebrew word are you talking about my dear Mail Order MA in Biblical Studies from a Defunct Non-accredited Institution of Dubious Learning?

I can only speak for myself, but in many things and so many ways and even so many people I had built up an anticipation, an expectation of what I thought or hoped it would be, only to have my great hopes "deferred."

John-speak translation: My converts rebelled and ran away.  Even Boyd has been attacked by Satan finally seen the light and rebelled against me.  Me, the Great and Wonderful John Shrader!

This Hebrew root word is translated in our King James Bible as "prolong," or "extend," with the English word meaning coming directly from the Latin to "scatter" or "disperse." In other words, like a small active child seemingly loves to scatter or disperse things, whether that be car keys, Lego or puzzle pieces, or anything IMPORTANT...it delays your plans, and if we have set our hope upon someone or something, sooner or later our hope, which simply means "expectation" in our text, will be scattered, or not realized when and how we wish, which can result in us becoming worn down, or wounded.

I don't know Hebrew but, again, what word?

I know the truth of this all too well, because it recently happened to me, in a deep and impacting way. Does it also possibly describe you in any situation? If so, then here we go!

Translation from John-speak:  Boyd ran away just like Roderick.  Or I had to kick him out because he was Satanically attacked, but I'm not making the details public 'cos reasons.

My feelers are so hurt.  And he was my main man (after Roderick).  All my other faithful are mere women, children, or teenage boys like Emanuel and Whyte.  Woe is me.

Now I have to explain this latest set-back in my worthless mission.

The Bible answer is found in a beautiful passage packed with amazing and freeing truth!

Are you worn, weak or wounded because an expectation was not realized, or seeming scattered and dispersed, and it appears or seems that you may never realize that which you had hoped so much for?

If so, then here is God's Answer from God's Word. It's found in Psalm 62:5

"My soul, wait thou ONLY upon God; for my expectation is from him." (emphasis mine)

Yes, this "expectation" is not the exact same Hebrew word as our word for "hope," but NOTICE what the Psalmist says! He encourages himself to WAIT, because his EXPECTATION is not in any person or position or place or procuring (getting, obtaining) something!

John-speak translation: "My humpers, wait thou only upon God.  Don't expect anything from me, John Shrader Great White Missionary, in the near future, or ever.  My FREE bionic back is still healing.  Have no EXPECTATIONS of me!"

No! He is waiting expectantly on God, and God alone!!

Now that's something worth mediating on for a good while...

I'll begin to start wrapping this up with Romans 12:12, another verse that's good for 24/7 (see that, add 12+12, then you get...ok, never mind.)

Don't begin to start, John.  Just wrap it up. 

"Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;"

Instead of being worn, weary, and weak, because of heart-sickness from hope bring dashed or deferred...we find this individual REJOICING, and rejoicing IN HOPE, and they are PATIENT, "deferred" if you will, EVEN in TRIBULATION!!!, and the exhortation is that while WAITING on the Lord during the trial, you're not just SITTING around, you are CONTINUING...and continuing in "instant" PRAYING!!! Talking to the only One who can ever truly understand our heart, and knows the future, and cares and loves us far beyond what we know...and that One is God, the great "I AM."

The Psalm goes on to describe God as the Rock, Salvation, Defense, Strength and Refuge for every truly saved believer...and verse 8 is simply marvelous.

John is going to be rejoicing and praying for the foreseeable future.  He has such wonderful faith.  Much better than your faith.

This passage brings great healing to my recently scattered hope, which had sickened my heart, and still will, if I chose to focus on it. So instead, I have chosen to obey God's Divine Direction in Psalm 62:8.

How about he focuses on all the good things that have happened recently.  And is grateful.

Like getting a new bionic back.  Like his recent rest cure with Daddy Dearest while others looked after and supported his 11 and Counting children.  Like Nehemiah apparently being OK after a very scary episode.

"Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before Him: God is a refuge for us. Selah."

Oh what glorious words, and such a grand invitation.

I have chosen to accept this invitation, by the Grace of God.

May you do the same.

Bro. John Shrader
Zambia

(This post is public so feel free to share if so led, that God might use the Truth from His Word to encourage someone else. - js)

Such hypocritical and nauseating Pitiful Pontificating Pompous Petty Piety.

I am encouraged to think you need a good hard kick in the seat of your sorry pants, Shrader.  Metaphorically, of course.

Edited by Palimpsest
Fixed quotes
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 11

So, @Palimpsest, John managed to write volumes without ever noticing that he didn't specify to which Hebrew words he was referring? How very John Shrader of John Shrader!

Proofread, you wingless-planed, bionic-backed, grifting grinning hyena!

Both words are from the Proverbs verse (er, half-verse -- he left out the hopeful part) he quoted.

I believe the first word he is tweaking to fit his need for alliteration is actually two words: מַחֲלָה-לֵב makhala (illness) and lev (heart).

The other is M'mushakha, מְמֻשָּׁכָה (extended, prolonged).

https://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt2813.htm

https://biblehub.com/text/proverbs/13-12.htm

Never mind Hebrew -- he's having some problems with English. Besides "begin to start," he also wrote:

Now that's something worth mediating on for a good while...

Did you mean meditating, John?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11

25 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

you wingless-planed, bionic-backed, grifting grinning hyena!

@thoughtful, please don't insult hyenas by comparing John Shrader to them. 

Contrary to popular belief, hyenas are very intelligent, hard-working, and good hunters and providers.  They are more likely to have their gourmet dinners stolen by lions than they are to grift from others.  Both sexes are dedicated, very involved, and nurturing parents.  They live in large and successful social groups with very complex hierarchical systems governed by female leaders.

And if Esther had a pseudo penis or Shrader had to deliver babies through his penis, they would have far fewer children.   Natural birth control.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/whos-laughing-now-38529396/

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 12
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, NoneIsEnough said:

After the Rods last trip to FL where they hung out with the Kellers, I think she mentioned hearing about a godly airplane missionary in AFRICA!  (or something very similar to that). I assumed the Kellers told her about John. And I'm sure she told Timmy all about it. 

Oh dear, I hope that Timmy doesn't end up as John's protege in Africa. I just got the horrifying image of that. 

10 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Translation from John-speak:  Boyd ran away just like Roderick.  Or I had to kick him out because he was Satanically attacked, but I'm not making the details public 'cos reasons.

Boyd and Roderick figuring out who John really is has to be the biggest "Satan attack" he has dealt with in Zambia.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

11 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Oh dear, I hope that Timmy doesn't end up as John's protege in Africa. I just got the horrifying image of that. 

I can see that happening. John needs acolytes, Timbits has been conditioned to blindly accept authority and please people. It could work. 

As a bonus I want it to happen just to see Jill in Zambia...

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

I can see that happening. John needs acolytes, Timbits has been conditioned to blindly accept authority and please people. It could work. 

As a bonus I want it to happen just to see Jill in Zambia...

It isn't going to happen.  That is, not unless or until Timbits is fully qualified as a plane repair engineer and brings spare plane parts (as well as Jill) with him. 

Johnny's engineless and wingless plane doesn't work.   And Johnny's pilot certification doesn't work in Zambia.

But John would see Jilly as a painted harlot and a major competitor for grifts.  I really want to be a fly on the wall for that confrontation.

John has remembered to update about Nehemiah.  He seems fine today.  Thank goodness and long may it last.

And Johnny is "grateful " instead of "humbled" at last!  I swear he is reading here.    :D

Thank you for Praying for Our Nehemiah

"Your prayers which you have lifted, to The Father's Throne above
Are more than just a comfort, they're an expression of your love
Although separated by vast distance, the miles were transcended by prayer
In this and all your contacts, we have truly felt your care." - js

For those who have wondered or asked, Nehemiah is still doing well and, as of now, seems back to normal. No follow-up seizures so far, so we are very much praising the Lord for that.

As I said in my last update, we have had quite a few people contact us about these childhood seizures, and they have shared that often they are a one-time occurrence, a "one-and-done" if you will. A family near the "medical mecca" of Houston had the same situation with one of their sons, and after they couldn't find anything the Doctor said, "This is your one free seizure."

I personally wouldn't joke about something so serious, and if you've never experienced your own dear child going through something so horrific, so heart wrenching, I pray you never do...

At such a time, when you are so helpless to do anything, it is truly a blessing to be able to cry out to God for His intervention, and trust Him no matter what happens.

This is our petition, and we are asking the Lord, if it is His Will, that such is the case with our Nehemiah. Thank you for so many of you assuring us of your continued prayers. "God hath not given us the spirit of fear...", so we are just going forward resting in Him.

Your amazing outpouring of care and prayers, just as in the time of need for my emergency back surgery, have tangibly blessed us with the Love of God through you all, and your messages, kind words, contacting and connecting with us, to share words of support and encouragement...we cannot express our deep gratitude adequately.

May the Lord bless you for all you have done for our family during these times.

With thanks from the depths of our hearts,

Bro. John, for Esther and the other 10.4 kiddos

(Feel free to share, if you asked people to pray, if you feel so led)

Darn, I keep getting confused.  I thought it was 11.4595 kiddos at last Shrader count.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

8 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

@thoughtful, please don't insult hyenas by comparing John Shrader to them. 

I hang my head in shame and apologize to hyenas everywhere.

It was John's idiotic grin that got to me.

And I love the title of that article.

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

Timbits has been conditioned to blindly accept authority and please people.

And to provide narcissistic supply to a never-satisfied narcissist.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

So much WTF?!? I don’t need to go down this new rabbit trail but I think I might. This sounds like a family the No White Saviors instagram was made for!  

• Upvote 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic