IGNORED

John Shrader 18: Hell freezing over despite climate change

samurai_sarah

We "were on the road" to visit churches that invited us to come and share about our burden for Africa. I, after "cold calling" churches for a couple days (the SOP for "deputation"), canned that and just waited for invites.

I'm trying to picture how this part of their life worked.  Maybe a few churches initially asked the camping Shraders to come visit, then when that fizzled, John went door to door for a short period of time before giving up?  Is this when he ended up being supported by his genius father? 

It's a little difficult to figure out how deputation in this sort of circumstance happens, when there is no confirmed sending church (well, except dad). 

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

I'm trying to picture how this part of their life worked.  Maybe a few churches initially asked the camping Shraders to come visit, then when that fizzled, John went door to door for a short period of time before giving up?  Is this when he ended up being supported by his genius father? 

It's a little difficult to figure out how deputation in this sort of circumstance happens, when there is no confirmed sending church (well, except dad). 

No.  Shrader still had Valley Baptist as his sending church back then.  He not dumped until September, 2014.  He's also fudges his dates a a lot.

The Shraders felt called and went on their first survey trip to Zambia in early Spring 2012.

They started Deputation immediately after that, and had moved out of their house by June 2012.  I have no idea how he made his church contacts, but he visited many churches and ate many free meals.

Sophia was born (on the road) in May 2013.  And this was John's first reference to back pain.  He was unable to walk. 

But he was fine by July, 2013.  That is when he burdened Burundi with his best buddy, David Rea.  And bought a plane he couldn't fly.

They were back on the road again until November 2013.  John grifted at least 3 Thanksgiving dinners that year.  The Shrader and the Rea famiies spent Christmas and January - March 2014 living in the basement of Valley Baptist church.   John had grifted free flying lessons in WA.  

June,  2014, the Shraders landed in Zambia.

September 2014, Valley Baptist and Rea dumped Shrader.  He lost "substantial support" and Daddy became his Sending Church.

And John is fibbing.  Rea was indeed the person who first turned him on to Zambia.  In John's own words:

We heard about a tremendous need and open door in Zambia through our dear friend and fellow servant David Rea, 

http://shrader.teamzambia.com/about-us/

And John was temporarily forbidden to preach in late 2017 while his immigration status and church were investigated.  This was when he was still rubber stamped by Liberty Baptist Church in the Copperbelt.  

And on Facebook on December 31, 2017, John said:

Immigration has established and acknowledged my innocence and the head Regional officer called the local officials and informed them I'm free to minister and not to be threatened with arrest! Praise the Lord. Thanks so much for your prayers.

Shucks.  We had high hopes that he would be chucked out then.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

So many wasted opportunities to keep John from bothering Zambia.  I'm still amazed at how slippery he is at continuing to slide around the road blocks and regulations.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

23 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I thought this was an interesting quote from his first Reddit comment. I mean, pretty much the whole world acknowledges Anna made a bad call (who amongst us hasn't as a freakin' 19-year-old? Most of ours weren't an inescapable marriage to a molester, though), but it seems very bitchy to describe your own sister-in-law that way.

And really, I was under the impression that Anna had nothing to do with arranging her marriage beyond saying the vows. Papa Keller and that Duggar idiot set that one up between themselves, I would be willing to bet good money (if I had any :D ).

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

Pa Duggar:  "I hear you have some godly daughters.  I have a son who's out of control with every strip joint in town and molested his younger sisters when he was in his teens.  He needs someone - AND FAST!"

Pa Keller:  "Well, I've already set up my Esther with a narcissistic, bloviating, abusive preacher.  I'm sure I could spare Anna for your Josh."

Pa Duggar:  "Done deal."

• Upvote 22
  • Haha 1
  • Love 4

John: I have never claimed "local people" threatened us

Also John: We are receiving threats of and church members are as well. 

And this is why John went to Reddit not FJ. He knows we can show a good chunk of his lies. 

I do wonder what he would do if a FJ member called him up and started listing his lies. I bet he would go into an insane rage. 

And just a note. I didn't realize till now that John wrote "threats of" instead of just "threats". My pure speculation, he had orignally written down the supposed threats, but changed his mind on the story and forgot to erase the "of". 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Never mind the "threats" he got in Zambia, the story I have always wanted to hear in more detail is the one about the death threat note (written in blood, he claimed, IIRC) he got as an infant.

Why did this person want you dead, John? What did the police do when your parents contacted them? Did the police take the note as evidence, or is it mounted in your baby book? Was the note-writer ever caught? If the note was very long, was the note-writer anemic after finishing it? Why the everlovin' fuck did your parents tell you this story, and how old were you when you first heard it?

• Upvote 12
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 12
  • Love 2

On 9/3/2019 at 9:03 AM, ViolaSebastian said:

7166DA2F-C3D4-436E-A202-4793A1CE6C55.png

6C02CC34-C9B2-4507-8D1C-21510657FD1D.png

I hate to be a downer here, but I don’t think this can possibly be John. It sounds nothing like his written voice. I think someone is having a laugh. For what reason, Rufus only knows. 

7 hours ago, gustava said:

Has it been credibly verified that it is indeed "our John" on Reddit??  The language and syntax, even if he's on painkillers, don't sound like him. 

If this is John, he must be stoned out of his gourd, because nothing of that writing sounds like him; not the vocabulary, not the syntax, not even the (lack of) smug..

7 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I'm on a fundie Facebook group. Someone on the group did, indeed message him and he confirmed it was legitimate. I hesitate to post the screenshots here because the group is private and the aforementioned screenshots have this individual's name and photograph associated with them, as it is on Facebook messenger. In any case, staggeringly, the reddit account was legitimately John Shrader. 

81FDBA28-7F2A-4D39-8EC4-FD0482FAA967.jpeg.5d409765dc3e01aea359feeec7f29017.jpeg

^^When did John start using the British spelling of apologize? “Looking for a laugh” (last part of first quoted paragraph), is also a British expression.  He also doesn’t describe himself as a missionary “based in Zambia.”  Its these little details that throw the whole thing off. 

I’m still skeptical. It’s easy to be just about anyone online. It would be easier for me to believe that he got hacked (unlikely—who’d want to hack that plonker?), or that whoever confirmed/posted confirmation is in on the gag. 

Edited by Lillymuffin
I have thoughts.
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Lillymuffin said:

When did John start using the British spelling of apologize?

Around the time he got a Zambian accent!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

53 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

And just a note. I didn't realize till now that John wrote "threats of" instead of just "threats". My pure speculation, he had orignally written down the supposed threats, but changed his mind on the story and forgot to erase the "of". 

He was typing through tears!  Actually in a later post he dodges the question of exactly what threats Esther and the children had received but says:

Esther and I have cried until there seem to be no more tears over what God is revealing in some.

We are also receiving threats and church members are as well. One brother's life has been threatened twice. Others threatened with beatings. It's hard to process actually.

Hard to believe actually.

47 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

I have always wanted to hear in more detail is the one about the death threat note (written in blood, he claimed, IIRC) he got as an infant.

This is as big a piece of John's Chosen by God at birth mythology as his being a premature baby.  He mentioned the death threat written in blood again in that July sermon I suffered through and recapped.  The note threatened to kill Rick's Firstborn (eleventy!!!!1111!!!).  And then John tapped his own chest and says dramatically, "Yours truly."

So sue me.  I laughed.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Lillymuffin said:

^When did John start using the British spelling of apologize?

Fair points, but John has been using some "British" spelling and terminology for quite a long time.  It sort of goes with his fake Zambian accent.  Zambia was a British colony.

Another example of this: in his recent self-flagellation post on Facebook he said he was in "primary" not "elementary" class.  

I absolutely trust @ViolaSebastian's word that she has screenshots.  But even if I didn't, I think I can recognise Johnny's writing style, self-justification, and side-winding rewriting of history.  

But I'm not always right and perhaps ViolaSebastian and I are both being conned!

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Sophia was born (on the road) in May 2013.  And this was John's first reference to back pain.  He was unable to walk

This feels like it might have been a good point for John and his sending churches to reconsider sending him. Ideally I would have thought sending someone with a much smaller family (or whose children have grown and left), in good health with no preexisting conditions and with a set time frame for return would be logical.

Speaking of - what is John's long term plan here? I presume he claims to want to leave an independent thriving church, but then what? I can't see him handing over control to anyone until they pry it out of his cold, white hands to be honest.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

what is John's long term plan here?

John Shrader . . . long term plan . . . I can't seem to put those two things together in my mind. It's like dry water, or tall shortness.

I may explode, like Landru.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

This is as big a piece of John's Chosen by God at birth mythology as his being a premature baby.  He mentioned the death threat written in blood again in that July sermon I suffered through and recapped.  The note threatened to kill Rick's Firstborn (eleventy!!!!1111!!!).  And then John tapped his own chest and says dramatically, "Yours truly."

I think that's why I want to know if anyone has ever asked him for further details, or if he's ever volunteered any. It's such a bizarre story, and so important to him, but the fact that someone wrote a bloody note (you should pardon the expression) when he was a baby, threatening to kill Daddy's firstborn, is all he ever says about it, as far as I know.

I guess his followers are supposed to take his word for it, and assume it was due to Satan and the sanguineous note-writer wanting to hurt holy Rick.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

This is as big a piece of John's Chosen by God at birth mythology as his being a premature baby

Wait, him being prem is an indication of being Chosen By God?! 

Awesome, I'm married to an ex-28 weeker and gave birth to a 27-weeker. Does this make me the (not)Virgin Ozlsn?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 19
  • Love 1

The original Shrader thread was about Esther. The poster @xReems had a perfect description of John after looking at his FB page. 

Her husband is a real creeper though. Almost everything he posts, is beyond crazy fundie. Funny, because his siblings are definitely not fundie.

This was before John hid his light under a bushel and was letting the world know how he was proud his kids screamed "thief" at Santa. 

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 6

Looks like fundiesnark closed the thread John was posting on so I couldn't go invite him over here.  Someone is saving me from myself ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

John: I was willing to go anywhere in the world. Too much to go through here, but we basically heard about Zambia in 2011 or 2012. The rest is history. *I actually invited David to work together, and I coined "TeamZambia"

Also John:   We heard about a tremendous need and open door in Zambia through our dear friend and fellow servant David Rea.

It was discussed years ago how Rea's videos/newsletters made it clear he had visited Zambia before and then later took John on a trip with him as he planned to be a missionary.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 2

Here's a creepy thing about people like John - some spin and lie on purpose, some seem to have an automatic spin cycle, like a washing machine.

He may well remember some or all of the false history he is spouting as fact.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, thoughtful said:

He may well remember some or all of the false history he is spouting as fact.

Just like the thief in chief. I get the feeling both completely believe their opposing lies, because whatever they’re shouting at the time is what they believe.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

Shrader updates Facebook:

• He's still planning to fly on September 18th.
  • I'm afraid John's excursions to "the bush" have been curtailed for the next few months.  I'm sure the Western Province will survive nicely without him.
  • He included a picture of Daddy removing his sutures, which I would rather have not seen.  
  • And he confirms, as he mentioned on Reddit, that he attended the funeral of a friend's wife.  Yes, that was Shrader in the flesh on Reddit.

Dad and I made it back safely from the operation almost a week ago, and I've been at Tri-County Baptist Church and with my parents recovering and recuperating and doing rehab, strengthening and preparing to return to Zambia on the 18th, which is only a week from this coming Wednesday!

I have some amazing things to share with you in the coming days, but right now my strength is small and I wear out quickly. Having such a major surgery is a tremendous trauma to the body, and with the manipulation of the nerves and healing of the back they have me on a regiment of some pain killers, muscle relaxers, and a medicine to help calm the nerve pain. That is the one I will be on the longest. Dad also just removed my stitches with the suture removal kit they gave us, with their permission and after they approved via a sent picture of the incision.

I've gotten compression socks and a few other things to help with the swelling and leg pain, and have been given a blood thinner to take before the flights to avoid blood clots, but I'm walking around daily as much as possible, and climbing up and down the stairs multiple times a day in my parents home, which is actually one of the rehab exercises my Therapists assigned me.

I do wear out easily and have to rest a good bit, which also gives the body extra time to heal internally and the incision as well, but I'm working on strengthening and preparing for the 24 hour travel from Houston through Istanbul, Turkey, then on to Lusaka, Zambia.

I am missing my precious family and especially my incredible and amazing wife so very much, as they are me, but our time of reunion is growing nearer.

Thank you for your continued prayers, for my rehab, recovery, and recuperation, as well as our family, and also for the upcoming marathon travel returning to Africa.

The first major milestone will be getting home to Zambia, then after that the three month mark, which is right before Thanksgiving, our family's favorite time of year! By then, most of the bone growth will have happened to anchor around the cobalt chromium and titanium disc replacement devices, which amazingly preserve motion.

They will then want me to wait a few more months to returning back to going out into the Bush.

I was able to attend the memorial/funeral after we got back for a dear saint of the Lord, the beloved wife of Milton Martin, one of my heroes of the Faith, and what a privilege to have him pray for me. He's such an encouragement of truly giving ones total life to Christ for His Glory! (See pics)

I am so very humbled by all of God's goodness and your amazing and faithful prayers on our behalf,

Bro. John Shrader
Historic Biblical Baptist Missionary
Based in Zambia

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 13

55 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

He included a picture of Daddy removing his sutures, which I would rather have not seen. 

:scared-eek:

John, it's "regimen," not "regiment," unless the pills came marching in wearing tiny uniforms. Of course, depending on the strength of the pain killers, you may be picturing just that, and I really should forgive your error.

• Haha 20
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

The first major milestone will be getting home to Zambia, then after that the three month mark, which is right before Thanksgiving, our family's favorite time of year! By then, most of the bone growth will have happened to anchor around the cobalt chromium and titanium disc replacement devices, which amazingly preserve motion.

I find this interesting.  I guess maybe this new experimental device causes bone to grow faster than normal or maybe John is just that special.

I ended up having my second fusion 4 months after the first because an aide in the skilled nursing facility was in broke my protocol for movement and gave me a compression fracture in the vertebrae directly under the fusion.

We knew I would have to have this second fusion, but the plan was for 12-18 months after the first one so there was plenty of time for the first fusion to be stable.   I grow spinal bone faster than the average bunny (a congenital defect) and was told that a fusion isn't fully "healed" for up to 18 months and wasn't stable until a minimum of 6 months.  

I was in a clamshell brace for the first 6 months of the second fusion since the first one was not fully stable yet and my surgeon wanted the extra protection after the loss of a vertebrae (I have a cage at T12).

• Upvote 1
  • Love 9

What's the point of Johns family being in Africa right now? It doesn't sound like he can do any work... wait, he never did much before.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Curious said:

I guess maybe this new experimental device causes bone to grow faster than normal or maybe John is just that special.

C'mon, @Curious, you know it's the latter.

• Haha 12
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic