IGNORED

John Shrader 18: Hell freezing over despite climate change

samurai_sarah

Personal theory, here: he only wants to speak over telephone because he feels like he can more effectively manipulate people that way. And no direct evidence to be picked over after the fact. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 3

7 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

He supports himself and his family on donations alone

This. I never understand the kind of sloppy, useless "mission" of people like Schrader and Rodrigueses.  It is totally foreign to me that someone would think that deserves being supported with money.

Being paid to go out and try to convert others (which I find offensive in any case, but at least some people are also doing good) has become an industry, like making cars or socks or dildos (and at least those are useful!). 

John and people like him, if they are not consciously ripping people off, think they are worthy of being paid because they are providing something people need -- the ultimate gift, to their way of thinking, I guess.

But they are useless beggars, in my mind. As Mel Brooks would say, make a shoe.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Curious said:

I've been a good girl this year, please Rufus and Santa let this happen!!!!!11!!!11!!!!11

:penguin-no: What is wrong with you, now he will never register.  Rufus is a false God and Santa is a LIE.  John will not fellowship with devils.

1 Corinthians 10:20 (KJV).   

the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

John will not fellowship with devils.

Well, that rules most of us out, I guess. :smiley-signs136: 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Personal theory, here: he only wants to speak over telephone because he feels like he can more effectively manipulate people that way. And no direct evidence to be picked over after the fact. 

I think this is the obvious conclusion.  But I can't imagine what on earth does he think he will gain from this conversation.  So he convinces one poor sucker person that he is not a charlatan, and they are supposed to defend him on Reddit or FJ until the cows come home, I suppose.

18 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

John and people like him, if they are not consciously ripping people off, think they are worthy of being paid because they are providing something people need -- the ultimate gift, to their way of thinking, I guess.

He is saving souks from Hell fire and giving the gift of Eternal Life!!!!!!!!!!11111111!!!!

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

:penguin-no: What is wrong with you, now he will never register.  Rufus is a false God and Santa is a LIE.  John will not fellowship with devils.

1 Corinthians 10:20 (KJV).   

If he reads here isn't that the same thing though?  I mean he's not trying to talk to us and deliver us from our wicked ways so isn't he failing his duty as a missionary? (rhetorical, we already know the answer to that).

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

6F325523-D7A9-4A88-B247-7D8FAFF5A998.png

I think he doesn’t have the testicular fortitude to show up here. 

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

someone talk me off this ledge...

• Haha 24
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Curious said:

Oh deer Rufus!  Please, John, PLEASE register here.  I will personally approve your account.  I have so many questions about your spine situation.

Thanks for verifying you do read here, too. 

I've been a good girl this year, please Rufus and Santa let this happen!!!!!11!!!11!!!!11

This might be the best Fundie Friday ever if he shows up. I think he won't because we carefully kept a record of everything including how much money he tossed away on stupid crap and all his projects that went no where. WHERE IS THE BIBLE DISPLAY CASE JOHN?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14 minutes ago, Curious said:

If he reads here isn't that the same thing though?  I mean he's not trying to talk to us and deliver us from our wicked ways so isn't he failing his duty as a missionary? (rhetorical, we already know the answer to that).

For a missionary he has totally ignored this entire mission field that was dropped in his lap. :laughing-jumpingpurple: John is practically a Jonah. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 6

Hmm, maybe some of Shrader's sheeple finally did some digging after the Cayman island surgery grift and found those sites?

Can we hope that they are starting to ask some uncomfortable - well-informed- questions? Why the sudden need to defend himself?

Edited by squiddysquid
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

Hmm, maybe some of Shrader's sheeple finally did some digging after the Cayman island surgery grift and found those sites?

Can we hope that they are starting to ask some uncomfortable - well-informed- questions? Why the sudden need to defend himself?

My theory is that he's operating a computer whilst on painkillers. Painkillers, the internet, and boredom have gotten better people than him into trouble. 

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

This might be the best Fundie Friday ever if he shows up. I think he won't because we carefully kept a record of everything including how much money he tossed away on stupid crap and all his projects that went no where. WHERE IS THE BIBLE DISPLAY CASE JOHN?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bless you, my child.  I always forget about the Bible Display Case!  :)

2 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

Why the sudden need to defend himself?

Possibly people are asking questions.  But his most faithful donors have not demonstrated much critical thinking when it comes to Shrader.  The Providential Provision of his Possibly Prototype Posterior Prostheses was Positively Piquant or Perhaps Pro bono.  He must have pulled a lot of missionary strings and been able to pray up $55K (without asking!) at very short notice otherwise.

Yes, I can only assume that his Rehab is allowing time for him to browse the internet in search of his own name.  He sounds quite lucid for being on major painkillers though.

Reddit doesn't have very much on him, but I think he must be getting a kick out of appearing on Fundamentalist Wiki.

Shrader has lost it in public before, without benefit of painkillers.  He posted a rather delightful rant on Pickles several years ago correcting peoples' terribly mistaken ideas about him.  I'm sure we have it quoted somewhere on FJ.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

I mean, it's not my fault Anna made a REALLY bad call and married a reality tv star, but, it got me on the radar, so, here we are. I don't have a show (never would want one!), I'm just minding my own life and living a very full and amazing one.

I thought this was an interesting quote from his first Reddit comment. I mean, pretty much the whole world acknowledges Anna made a bad call (who amongst us hasn't as a freakin' 19-year-old? Most of ours weren't an inescapable marriage to a molester, though), but it seems very bitchy to describe your own sister-in-law that way.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 3

5 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I always forget about the Bible Display Case!  :)

I will NEVER forget it! :laughing-jumpingpurple:It was his very first failed project. 

1 minute ago, ViolaSebastian said:

very bitchy

That's our missionary John! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

4 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

I wonder why now. Is he facing funding problems? His surgery was not cheep. And we know his results as a missionary are poor. He couldn't even give a ride to the hospital to someone in need. The truth mobile was just too full. 

Or was it? I'm still inclined to believe that John just couldn't be bothered to help. He was a Pharasee not a Samaritan. If I'm wrong I wiil take it back. 

46 minutes ago, Curious said:

someone talk me off this ledge...

We are all here for you dear Curious. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

15 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

He posted a rather delightful rant on Pickles several years ago correcting peoples' terribly mistaken ideas about him.  I'm sure we have it quoted somewhere on FJ.

Ohh pretty please - haven't seen that one!

So where is Shrader? If he's attending a friend's funeral, I guess not on the Cayman Islands anymore, that's a pretty quick discharge and a long flight right after back surgery.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Or was it? I'm still inclined to believe that John just couldn't be bothered to help. He was a Pharasee not a Samaritan. If I'm wrong I wiil take it back. 

The Truthie-mobile was loaded with tracts, tents, and other supplies as well as people.  John chose to refuse the ride initially.  He says he didn't comprehend how bad the situation was in reality.  I'm not sure I believe him, but it is possible.

Luckily some of the young men with him (who did understand the gravity of the situation) offered to stand on the running boards and cling to the roof rack (or something) so the sick man and his companion could be taken to the nearest clinic.  No young men, tracts, tents, or other supplies were harmed in this exercise.  The sick man died.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Ooh I’ve never been part of a Fundie Friday in real time! My most interesting FJ achievement is being part of the Bro Gary threads from the beginning HALLAYLOOYER HAYMAYUN. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 8
  • Love 2

16 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

Ohh pretty please - haven't seen that one!

"Ask nicely, and it will be given to you.  Seek, and you will find through the FJ search function.  Knock, and the door will be opened to you unless you look like you are selling something, especially religion."  Matthew 7:7 QPV (Queen Palimpsest Version.)

It took me a few minutes but here you go.

Goodness, that was a long time ago!

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 8

I wonder. He had that weird mea culpa screed in his message after surgery. And he's been in Texas for longer than he planned, and thus has been more visible. What if rumours relating to the comments by @TenYearOldJezzie in the last thread have started to circulate? That could put John very on edge and perhaps lead him to public platforms to 'defend' his character?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Perhaps we can lure Shrader out of lurkdom by giving him questions in advance.

1. Where is #BroTheophil?
  2. When did you last talk to Arnaud and friends?  (Be specific.)
  3. Did you refuse church discipline from Valley Baptist Church and was it because you were relying on works? (Yes or no answers only, please.  We don't need to hear that your friends betrayed you again.)
  4. How many chickens died and what exactly did they die from? (Note: attacked by Satan is not a good answer.)
  5. Where is the proof your church(es) are legal in Zambia?  (No, waving a piece of paper in the air is not enough.  We need real specifics.) 
  6. What actions did you take to make your Bible Institute a legal place of learning in Zambia? (Printing your own letterhead does not count.)  
  7. Who controls the tithes generated by your churches?  Would you allow them to be spent in a way you did not want?
  8. Who are the elders of your church(es) in Zambia who help to keep you accountable?
  9. What is your annual budget for living and missionarying in Zambia? (No, don't say this is none of my bloody blessed business.  All transparent and honest missionaries should have a budget and make it public.)  Please break it down to include:  travel costs (petrol and bus or airplane tickets, rent, and average paper and printing needs. 
  10. What is your annual "salary?"  Does Esther also have a salary?  Who monitors your spending on things like wingless planes, cars, tents, and luxury items for your "ministry?"
  11. Did you ask someone to cover the costs of your surgery? (Be honest.)
  12. Would you care to respond to @TenYearOldJezzie?

And that is just for starters.  I can think of quite a few more questions!

• Upvote 22
  • Haha 1
  • Love 5

13. What happened to the Bible display case?!

14. How do you justify wasting so much money on a plane that will never fly? Either God ordained you get a wingless plane therefore sending a giant sign he wants you on the ground. Or you foolishly jumped into something without enough research and spent large quantities of God's money in a useless way. (No rambling about the missionary scamming you. Either God led you to buy a plane that won't fly or you did this without the leading of God and the result is wasting money.)

15. What is the turn over rate with your converts? In all the years you have been there how many have stayed compared to how many left. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic