IGNORED

John Shrader 18: Hell freezing over despite climate change

samurai_sarah

My name is John, I'm in grade three,
I've just learned to write poetry!
If you believe the same as me,
You'll go to Heaven, and seriously solidly super-sanctified saved you will be!

To me - er, God - I've built a shrine,
Betrayers try to undermine!
They won't stay and listen when I whine,
About their sin and my great gorgeous God-given (but still very painful) spine.

The love of God is sweet as honey,
Soft and dear as a baby bunny,
My Very Independent Baptist belief is beautiful, brilliant, bright and sunny,
I beg supporters to please send . . . prayers.

The "damn the meter, cram it in" method of writing poetry always reminds me of this line from Tom Lehrer's Folk Song Army:

And it don't matter if you put a couple extra syllables into a line.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 20
  • Love 2

John made a few new posts today.

He mentioned he went to Lusaka for his surgery rehab, so I guess he's at least doing something which is good. 

He met the former Zambian president and now they are besties! He's wearing that same green and beige shirt he always wears. Is that his only shirt in that pattern (does he Esther wash it every day), or does he have multiple of the same shirt?

Esther met with a grandma who walked over an hour to come to their church. And then John showed off the snake killed outside their church/house. Exciting happenings in Zambia!

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

On 10/15/2019 at 1:29 AM, Palimpsest said:

like Spurgeon in the basement

With the KJV?

(Sorry came from the JRod Cluedo thread...)

1 hour ago, NoneIsEnough said:

Esther met with a grandma who walked over an hour to come to their church. And then John showed off the snake killed outside their church/house. 

Grandma: yeah, whatevs. Killed one of those in my sink yesterday...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14

Just bringing the posts over for our blocked members.

Yes, John met a former president of Zambia and he's all of a twitter.  And because John is a self-proclaimed "good man" God must be ordering his steps.

John seems unaware that the former president of Zambia (and he spells his name wrong) was accused of corruption (he seems to have got off) and has several children out of wedlock.  But Johnny is a social climber and President Rupiah Banda offered to introduce him to the US Ambassador.  I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that.

And we can add Stanley to our Good Thoughts list, in the hopes that he too shall escape John's clutches.  And why is John now referring to his church "plot."  Interesting.

Spoiler

A President, and A Potential Hungry Heart

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way." - Psalm 37:23

What an amazing ordering of our steps today!

Esther, Timothy and I had to go to the outskirts of Lusaka today for something regarding my rehabilitation from my recent back surgery, and God Divinely Ordered our steps to place us directly together with the 4th President of Zambia, H.E. Mr. Rupia Banda for a few moments in a quiet place, where the last thing we expected to find was a former Republican President of the Nation we are serving our Lord in!

President Banda is 82 years old, doesn't need glasses to read, nor a cane to walk, and he has a wonderful attitude of humility. I've never had the privilege to meet a President (current or former), before, of any country, but this man was so delightful and gracious, and he loved my Zambian name "Kapolo."

He graciously consented to a photo, kindly spent a few moments talking with us, had his security give us his personal business card with his numbers, offered to introduce me to the American Ambassador, told me that I was free to "call him any time," and said he would like to meet our entire family when he comes through Kafue.

We were very honored to also give him one of our prayer cards, which has my Zambian phone number (as it is my WhatsApp line) and have the privilege to meet this gracious and truly happy man.

I pray the Lord gives us another opportunity to speak with him, and we are still amazed at this encounter.

Then, God ordered our steps again.

We reached home in Kafue at the exact moment that a man approached me with one of our pieces of Gospel literature that we print clutched in his hand, and asked about our services. He had found the church plot, and as no one was there, came to see me at our rented house. He stays a good ways from our church plot, but we "just happen" to pick with the church bus where he lives, and we "just happened" to arrive at the exact same time (tongue-in-cheek, as God was CLEARLY ordering our steps yet again)!

We spoke together of his need for God's Righteousness briefly, and he told me he was almost done reading the John and Romans he had received through our diligent outreach efforts, and that God had gripped his heart to know more. I offered him a personal Bible study, and he is interested, and wants to visit the church!

He didn't ask me for anything, save wanting to discuss the Word of God and visiting the church. Many times when someone seeks us out, it's to ask for help for a physical or financial need.

Please pray with us for Stanley's genuine salvation.

Our little church's prayer meeting this past Saturday was a full two hours, no singing save "I Want To Do Thy Will" as we always do when we dismiss, no preaching, just prayer.

Please join us, God is moving in hearts here, and I deeply desire myself, my precious wife, our family, and the church members here to be humbly broken before God, and let Him show Himself strong, that He alone may receive the glory.

Humbled, excited, waiting...

js

Ambuya Rosina looks very uncomfortable in Esther's embrace, but perhaps that is just me.   She is so precious, and we should send Good Thoughts for her too.  John desires true brokenness.  And that sounds painful.

I also like this bit about Johnny's "Truth Teller" publication, Vol. 4,:  "in which I don't bash other churches and religions, I just give 20 key doctrinal issues and the Bible Verses which give the Truth, and the Bible Truth then exposes the erroneous false teaching of the churches."  No, he doesn't bash other churches at all! 

Spoiler

A Precious Ambuya's (Grandmother) Heart Powerfully Affected by Gospel Truth

I have been mentioning in my recent poems and posts about the need for power in prayer, and for God to mightily work.

As we continue to faithfully sow the Seed of the Word of God, one of the houses that was visited by someone on our weekly Outreach is indwelt by this darling "Ambuya" (pronounced Ahm-boo-yah, meaning grandmother). Their house is roughly the size of a "Garden Shed" in America, built of concrete blocks, and as it is a work in progress, one of the two small rooms is filled with building supplies to keep them from being stolen, which means the family makes one very small room work for dining, living and sleeping quarters.

Ambuya Rosina received our Truth Biblical Baptist church personalized John and Romans, thanks to the provision of the printing and shipping of now a second container of Scripture from Bro. SamBarb Martin and World Missions Bearing Precious Seed, a local church printing ministry out of an Independent Baptist church.

She diligently began reading, along with our "L.O.S.T." Gospel tract that we wrote and print here, and also our "Truth Teller" publication, Vol. 4, in which I don't bash other churches and religions, I just give 20 key doctrinal issues and the Bible Verses which give the Truth, and the Bible Truth then exposes the erroneous false teaching of the churches. It was mainly this "Truth Teller" that got her attention.

After weeks of carefully reading through the tracts, God gripped her heart and she showed up at our church service a couple weeks ago, after I had returned, WALKING more than an hour to come to church!

Esther has now met with her, and she has come the last three Sundays, hungrily and carefully listening to each word. She reads English well, but she is grateful for us translating the messages into one of the vernacular languages. I'm so grateful for faithful men in our church such as Bro. Whyte and Bro. Emmanuel to help me translate.

Please pray for the salvation of Grandmother Rosina, God is CLEARLY working in her heart, illuminating her need for Him, and we are witnessing to her and praying for her. It is SO RARE here for an ELDERLY person to LEAVE their accustomed church and seek out the truth. Will you join us in prayer?

God is beginning to distinctly move on hearts here, as our church has been individually examining ourselves, not only the one member currently in church discipline.

We deeply desire true brokenness, true humility, and true purity so that our prayers poured out before God, and our tears for the lost, will ultimately find rejoicing to see precious souls genuinely added to the Kingdom of God.

Thank you for your prayers dearly beloved,

js
Kafue, Zambia

Not one but two more poor snakes perished for the cause.   Whyte, Emmanuel, and Paul have now been elevated to "Bro" status and one or more of them killed the one at the church.  The children also killed one in the yard of their house.  The corpse looks like a Gaboon viper rather than a Puff Adder, and they rarely bite humans.  But they are as ugly as stink.  ::Shudders::  

John is now referring to the "Timothy House" again.  He must be running out of free Bibles and restarting his Bible Study group.  

It doesn't seem to occur to John that his statement of the church really teaching, believing in and practicing Separation (even extending to separating snakes from their heads) is rather unfortunate.

A Separated snake is a Dead snake, after all.   What does that say about John's ambitions for his little Biblical Historic and Separate Baptist cult?

Spoiler

Verily Praising God for Protection from Venomous Pit Viper

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." II Timothy 1:7

Our church plot is right next to the hills. Things are extremely dry right now, but this time of year it is not uncommon to see more venomous snakes around, and even more possibility during the soon coming rainy season, as we've seen in the past.

I'm praising the Lord tonight, because Bro. Whyte, and I think also Bro. Emmanuel and Bro. Paul were at the Timothy House and this nasty venomous pit viper was seen near or even on the front porch.

Thankfully, they were able to do a "body modification" procedure on the snake, and ultimately beheaded and buried the "business end". We really teach, believe and practice Separation here at Truth Biblical Baptist Church...even when it comes to snakes and their heads!

The young children, both ours and the children that attend, love to play and walk around the property after services, and God has so graciously protected everyone time after time after time. Our children just killed a snake in our yard as well.

Truly, "...God hath not given us the spirit of fear...", but this is one reason why we ask you to keep us in your prayers.

Please continue praying for us,

js
Kafue, Zambia

Hey, Johnny!  As you are obviously responding to things we say here, what happened to Julias and Andrew?  Should I cross them off my list of your potential converts and add them to my list of those that got away?

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 9

Shrader's conscience is clear before God and he doesn't give a hoot what anyone else thinks about him.  Take that, FJ.

"Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets." - Jesus (Luke 6:36)

This is a wonderfully helpful verse when someone has greatly criticized you or is being negative towards you. Although stated in the negative by Christ, it really puts a positive on the fact that it's ok that you might be getting criticized.

Just make sure your conscience is clear before God, and you are right with Him, and doing right before Him...no matter what anyone else thinks!

Something to stop and consider. It encouraged me today!

js
Zambia

It's nice to see John quote Jesus, or even chose a text from the Synoptic Gospels.  I was beginning to think he had never read them.

So, John, we know you never read here, but I challenge you to write a sermon and a post all about love, acceptance and forgiveness.  And you may not use Bible texts from the old testament, Paul, or any book of the Bible attributed to Paul.

Lets me start you off with Matthew 5:38 -45.

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.

And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

On 10/16/2019 at 8:18 AM, Ozlsn said:

Grandma: yeah, whatevs. Killed one of those in my sink yesterday...

You killed a grandma in your sink yesterday??? :D

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13

John must have regretted quoting Jesus in his last post because he took it down.  I'm glad I saved it for posterity.  I'd hate to misrepresent him and say he never quoted Christ.  Really, though, I'm always surprised by how seldom people of his ilk quote from the Gospels. 

He replaced it with another post.  John is getting PT, thank goodness.  It is tiring him out.  And Satan is cutting off his electricity in Sub-Saharan Africa.  But prayer held him up and he managed a 1.5 hour service.

Helped by The Lord's Grace and Heartened by a Little Girl

Tonight I'm praising God for truly helping me with strength to preach our 1.5 hour Thursday night Service. Our power is now out 8-11 hours daily, in the hottest time of year, and this doesn't help at all when I am still very tired from the physical therapy, but it highlights even more when God's strength is made perfect in weakness. Several were specifically praying for me, and God truly answered and provided great grace to proclaim His Living Word.

After the chairs were picked up, I noticed little Deborah, who faithfully comes with her sisters on our church bus, staying after everyone had left the building and went out to fellowship a bit.

This precious little girl had stayed behind so she could finish diligently copying all the notes from the Whiteboard from tonight's message from Proverbs to make sure she got everything. Talk about lifting a heavy heart! So very, very precious. We are praying for her salvation, and that the Lord will mightily use her one day for His Glory!

When discouraging things come into your life, always be looking for where God is working. He just might "hearten" you using a little child!

Adding precious Deborah to my Good Thoughts list.  And Mr. Mweetwa.  Johnny has invited him to come to Stanley's next conversion attempt on Saturday. 

I was also encouraged that Stanley, who I invited to come on Tuesday, and who we asked y'all to pray for, came tonight for the first time to a service! He's the one that met us Tuesday as we came back from Lusaka, and God is working in his heart. I invited him to come back again Saturday morning when I am going to be meeting with Mr. Mweetwa, another man who just contacted us from the tracts, to share the Gospel. Please pray for that meeting.

Thanking God tonight for the privilege to be called here to be "Holding forth the Word of Life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain." - Phil. 2:16

And John remembers to show gratitude to those that "truly" pray for him.  It's a hard life being a grifting missionary and he is deeply burdened.  But God is in control.

Thank you very much to those who truly pray with us for these precious lost souls, and those who lovingly encourage our hearts with words of grace. We are bearing deep burdens right now that are breaking our hearts at times, but we are also choosing to rejoice that God is in control. We have seen His Power and Might so many times, and are completely confident in His Words of Truth. We are so thankful to God for you.

js
Zambia

I think we can start a countdown to the next Satanic attack.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 10

20 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Deep Burdens = no power for hours= no magic instant ice. 

Didums Johnny boy. 

To be fair, he's also being Persecuted by Free Jinger.  It must be very annoying to have his Pride, Pretensions, Pomposity, and Presumptions identified, preserved, and mocked by us.   

?

Nobody knows the trouble John makes
Nobody believes his sobbing
Nobody knows the trouble John makes
Glory, Hallelujah

Nobody knows the burdens John fakes
Nobody knows but Esther
Nobody knows the burdens John fakes
Glory, Hallelujah

Sometimes he's up
Sometimes he's down
Oh, yes, John
Sometimes he's almost to the ground
Oh, yes, John

Nobody knows the trouble John makes
Nobody believes his sobbing
Nobody knows the trouble John makes
Glory, Hallelujah

Oh, every day to him we say
Oh, yes, John
Please God do drive John's SINS away
Oh, yes, John

Oh, nobody knows the trouble he makes
Nobody knows but Free Jinger*
Nobody knows the trouble he makes
Glory Hallelujah.  

* And all the people and churches who reject his peculiar and twisted brand of Christianity and get berated by him.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

“...and went out to fellowship a bit.”

Why can’t you just talk to someone? Why does it always have to be fellowshipping? Is “fellowship” a more godly word than “talk”? Because it doesn’t make you sound more Christian; it makes you sound less accessible and more pompous. You don’t sound godly & humble at all. It’s one more way of putting yourself up on pedestal* and separating yourself from the “lowly” people - the actual meek (you remember the meek, don’t you? They’re the ones who are going to take over the world. Not that you understand meekness). You make pastors look bad. There are many gentle, kind & compassionate pastors out there. You are NOT one of them.

*be careful putting yourself on a pedestal. They were made to come crashing down. 

Edited by Giraffe
I wasn’t done venting
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Deep Burdens = no power for hours= no magic instant ice. 

Didums Johnny boy. 

How long do you think it will be before god gives him a generator? He never ask for things after al:pb_rollseyes:.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

John must have regretted quoting Jesus in his last post because he took it down.  I'm glad I saved it for posterity.  I'd hate to misrepresent him and say he never quoted Christ.  Really, though, I'm always surprised by how seldom people of his ilk quote from the Gospels.

You know of all the things I never thought I'd either read or agree with a 'Christian' missionary "regretting quoting Jesus" would be near the top of the list. If anything indicates how strongly they are not in fact interested in spreading the word of Christ it is that they don't quote from the Gospels but prefer Paul and/or books from  the Old Testament (selectively quoted). I am really hoping Zambia starts following Rwanda's lead and requiring actual accreditation of missionaries.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

He posted that Esther pushed herself hard while he was gone and is recovering. Free Esther... :(

Edited by EyesOpen
  • Upvote 10
  • Sad 5
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, EyesOpen said:

He posted that Esther pushed herself hard while he was gone and is recovering. Free Esther...

It sounds as though Esther had a really horrible time.  Poor Esther.  she was supposed to be getting a break back in the US in September, but John's surgery put an end to that.

But John is grateful for Alatheia.

Spoiler

Always Grateful for Alatheia Grace!

Our second-born, but first daughter Alatheia (pronounced A-lay-thie-ah, from the Greek word for "Truth"), is such a blessing to our family, especially at this time.

Our 15 year old daughter has really stepped up, even more as of late, cooking most of the meals while Esther has been trying to gain some strength back. Please do pray for her, Esther really pushed it while I was gone. She had to deal with thieves breaking into my vehicle, finishing the clearing of a container of John and Romans, oversee everything in my absence, run the bus routes as the only one with a driver's license, and almost constant sickness among the children and church members for months. She's doing better, but we always appreciate your prayers.

Alatheia is really blossoming into quite the artist, musician, cook, baker, and Second-in-Command under her mother in helping with the children and the house!

She decided to surprise and bless our family by baking us some delicious lemon-coconut muffins this morning, with a homemade glaze/dip.

Talk about delicious! She is very resourceful and creative, and best of all, she loves the Lord with all of her heart!! It's such an encouragement to hear her singing hymns of praise to God as she joyfully works around the house.

We praise the Lord for the gift of each one of our precious children. Just wanted to share with you a little bit of just how richly blessed we are!

Alatheia's dad,

Coming along beautifully as a Sister Mom, cook, and general housewife, but how about her homeschooling?

Since we pointed out Shrader's lack of gratitude he's really stepped up on that front.  Another post coming up about his latest converts.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 7

Wow, that sounds like hell for Esther! How sad that this is how Alatheia is expected to spend her teenage years. Free Alatheia!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

John is sobbing with joy because Levy asked to be scripturally baptized.  Because if he had been baptized before it wasn't good enough.  He very kindly put his request in writing too for John's show and tell.

Lovingly Rejoicing with Tears over Levy's Request and Testimony

Oh dear friends. Words cannot explain, nor seemingly can our hearts contain the JOY that thrills our souls to watch GOD save and CHANGE a precious Soul!!!

We first met Levy as a young boy of 12 years old when we first arrived here in Kafue, Zambia, having moved our entire family to Africa over five years ago.

I was just handed this handwritten letter from Levy by one of my children, and I cannot explain to you the thrill and the joy and the praise towards God that filled Esther and my hearts to the point of bursting!

We started praying for Levy when we met him. He's one of the two boys that rushed into our rental house at the time to kill a spitting cobra (see pic, Levy is on the right, holding the rake, the other is Emmanuel, looking down at the dead snake). He is also pictured holding a King James Bible up excitedly in Esther's Sunday School, years ago, in the center of the other picture.

I did a quick search of our archives and Levy hasn't been mentioned by name before.  But look at how careful John is to give his provenance and photographic proof that he has been around for years.  Now he is a "witnessing machine" according to John in the comments.  So he must be 17 today if he was 12 when they got to Kafue.

We prayed almost five years for this dear young man's salvation, and he has faithfully attended, listened to the Gospel and the preaching for all those years, and last March the Lord broke his heart, brought him to godly sorrow which worked repentance unto salvation, and he gave his life to Christ.

The change was clear and immediate. He began witnessing to everyone, and he has now shared his written testimony of salvation and is now requesting scriptural baptism, and also boldly declaring his desire to serve the Lord and share his faith!

He's a really cute kid.  I'm adding him to my Good Thoughts list.  I hope John doesn't encourage him to skip school to witness.

We've had two others request the same since I've returned, another young man and Robert Rugema, from the Congo.

We love all these precious souls like our own children. Esther taught them as young boys and girls, I have preached so many Bible messages to them, and to see them now growing into men and women that love and are trusting in the Lord...it is such a precious thing.

Catch them while they are young and indoctrinate them.  I also remember when John told young orphaned Arcade that he was "family."  

And Robert Rugema, according to Shrader, is not one of the young boys.  I'll get to him later.

This is the beauty of long term missions. Sometimes it seems all is in vain. The grown men and women are often so steeped in sin and tradition, and sadly many have faked a profession only for the purpose of seeking something from us. Then, inevitably, they fall away, revealing that they were never real, nor serious towards God to begin with.

I don't think that the adolescents are necessarily going to stick around either.

Not every one, praise the Lord, for dear church members like Mommy Rita, her sister Mommy Mary...and even men such as Bro. Mwemba and Bro. Robert Rugema have shown the fruits of true repentance, but to see these dear young souls receive Christ, those you've known for years, then to watch them grow in grace...what a delight and a privilege.

Mwemba and Robert Rugema have now reached Bro. status!  Rita and Mary are Esther's converts.  John only recently mentioned Mwemba so this is really a rapid conversion.  

Robert Rugema is apparently an educated man, a world traveler, and is trying to get refugee status in Zambia.  He may hope that John can help him in that, poor chap.   He was first mentioned back in May.  Johnny was flying high then.  There is a long description of him back in the post I quoted here.

And Johnny posts Levy's letter.  I hope he asked poor Levy's permission to do so.

No, we won't be nasty about his English.  It's actually better than John's writing most of the time.  It is certainly better than Rick's written English.

God is already using Levy greatly, and...don't be tempted to criticize his English...he could hardly speak any when we came!

I am going to share below the text of what he wrote in his letter that is pictured. Those of you who have invested years of prayer into this work will be thrilled, as we are. I am confident of that.

Rejoicing beyond measure,

Bro. John Shrader, with Esther and all here in Zambia

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Personal Testimony and Request for Scriptural Baptism by Levy K.

"Having been saved by the grace of God through the blood of Jesus Christ. My heart desires to work for God and to obey Jesus' commandments, as Matthew 28:18 says, commands pastors to preach the word of God all over the world.

As it is not my will, but the will of God the Father and God the Son and God the Holy Ghost, my heart desires to share what God has done in my life to tell others about the goodness of God that I have found in Him, as He has saved me from unrighteousness and I am found in Him not having my own righteousness which is of law but that which is of God through the Faith of Christ the Righteousness which is of God by Faith.

Therefore as I dwell in His righteousness, Kapolo John, I desire to be scriptual baptized (to) obey the Scriptures."

From Levy G. Kanini

Did you notice another one of Shrader's little funnies?

"Those of you who have invested years of prayer into this work will be thrilled, as we are. I am confident of that."

I'm confident that those who have invested thousands upon thousands of dollars in supporting Shrader over the years are pretty thrilled too.  And I'm sure they are hoping John doesn't mess up with this latest batch of converts he has recruited.  It must be embarrassing to be a Shrader supporter.

Sending Good Thoughts to them all and hoping that John will be returning to the USA in the near future.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

John, Levi's English is fine. Tell us how you are coming along learning the local language. What's that? Can't hear you . . .

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

Blimey.  Another wall of words from Shrader.  He is renouncing negativity and embracing joy.  And he worries that "Joy Jewels" isn't a manly title for his new blog.

Announcing a New Blog Exclusively on Joy

"I have a lot of unbelievable negativity in my life right now, and...I realized that I desperately needed to refocus my own heart on God's Word regarding Joy and Rejoicing." - js

This world has a lot of negativity in it. There are valid times for "negativity," and the ones that actually know me beyond a cursory or casual acquaintance know of my strong stance and the stands I've taken through the years, and the price I've paid time and time again for standing for Biblical Truth, even among "the brethren."

However, our POSITION, though at times dealing with negative things, such as church discipline, or warning and preaching against sin and error, etc., should never mean that our DISPOSITION is negative!

God has been convicting me personally, about this so much in the past few months.

The Bible speaks clearly about this (see Colossians 4:6..."alway" is a strong word there, and not hard to be understood. So is "with grace." See also Eph. 4:15. Note: I'm not saying there should never be warning, rebuking, reproving...but, if "alway" means alway, we need to stop inserting our desired disposition into the instructions of Scripture. The "Word of Christ" has instructed us in these two passages, we transgress them to our peril of disobedience to the "Word of Christ", for which we will give account one day. I find it fascinating that many of the passages, such as Nathan rebuking David, are presented as negative and thunderous. How do we know the volume level, or tone? Is it possible that Nathan said his rebuke with tears? Look at Samuel's response in I Sam. 15:11. Consider Jeremiah the "weeping prophet").

I have a lot of unbelievable negativity in my life right now, and I saw that as others were being negative towards me, and about me, and I found myself in very negative situations here on the field, it began to drag me down, and I was becoming extremely negative in response.

No one enjoys being around or with or communicating with someone who is constantly negative, and I saw myself becoming that person! It seemed as if I was literally being barraged with it, from all different directions, and from places I never would have expected, even people l count as friends! My wife and I would just shake our heads in wonder as each new avenue of negativity was directed my way! It was like a pile-on, and frankly incredible to see so much negativity come from different directions.

When a barrage of negative feedback comes at one from all different directions, including from those people one thinks of as friends, perhaps one should consider carefully what one is doing instead of dismissing it as a "pile-on."  

Selah, John.

This on top of a difficult recovery from a serious back surgery, coupled with the struggles my wife has endured over the last months and how it greatly depleted and exhausted her physically, while carrying our 12th blessing from the Lord, added to the heartache of a church discipline situation in the church here when I returned, and dealing with the effects of the worst drought here in Zambia since the early 80's, which has resulted in consistent 8+ hours of daily load shedding (meaning we have no power), and some situations I can't even share that are simply heartbreaking...it can all be overwhelming.

Gotta get this in there: back surgery, Esther enduring while cooking blessing #12, Boyd defecting, drought, power cuts ... check.  He forgot poor little Nehemiah's scary episode.

Please through, don't think I'm complaining about any of this,

Perish the thought.  

for God has PROMISED to work all things together for good, but recognizing and affirming our confidence in that wonderful Truth, still I realized that I desperately needed to refocus my own heart on God's Word regarding Joy and Rejoicing, so the Lord laid on my heart to start looking at His Word regarding this topic.

I was so blessed when doing this, I started a brand new blog, different from my "Quill and Bible" one, which is mostly comprised of my original poems that try to get you thinking about important topics, in the form of poetry.

I think someone told him (or some funding dried up) and he finally grokked that his constant whining and complaining was unattractive.  And ungrateful. 

"Joy Jewels" is not the most manly title, but it encapsulates the point and purpose of the blog. This blog is devoted exclusively to these Scriptural passages that shine out like rare and valuable jewels when one is under the darkness and weight of a heavy heart. God's Word helps us take our eyes off SELF, that wicked enemy, and put them where they must stay, on Christ!

"...looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith."

How about calling it "Grifts from God." And look, he actually mentioned Christ!  

I pray that these simple thoughts may encourage others, even if it's only a handful,

Perhaps he has finally noticed that the positive comments only come from a handful.

but I know this. God's people, especially those of us who have strong standards and take stringent stands, are often known for many things...but sadly, Joy is not often very high on that list.

"My brethren, these things ought not so to be."

When viewing negativity as of late, I have determined to ask the Lord to nake me one that shares His Joy and Love with everyone I can.

Yippee!  

Don't worry, I'm not compromising. Not abandoning my love of separation, holiness, distinction, Biblical Doctrine, Baptist Distinctives...etc.

I just want the FRUIT of the Spirit of the Living God of Heaven, which includes JOY, to be a mark of my life to those that actually know me, and see me, and are touched by my life! First my wife and children, then the precious people God has entrusted to our ministry, especially the tender new believers.

"Tender" new believers.  The old believers were too tough.

You are invited to "like" the page, I'll share the link here, and you are free to share this post, as/if the Lord leads, but I'm not going to barrage your Messenger inbox with requests for the same. It will not be daily, but occasional posts, as the Lord allows.

A servant of Christ,

js
Zambia

Barrage again.  No, please don't beg for likes, Johnny.

I don't think I'll "like" his page, but it will be refreshing to see a "joyful" John.  It is a change of message and I wonder whether it will gain him back a bit of cred with donors.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8

On 10/17/2019 at 4:07 PM, Palimpsest said:

To be fair, he's also being Persecuted by Free Jinger.  It must be very annoying to have his Pride, Pretensions, Pomposity, and Presumptions identified, preserved, and mocked by us. 

He's welcome to join and set us all straight.

This might be a dumb question, but why couldn't he just SIT and give his sermons.  I know that isn't how it's normally done, but I think an exception could be made after having extensive spinal surgery.  No snark here.   He's what...8 weeks post op?   I don't think people would begrudge him sitting while he ministers.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Do we think the kids are learning the native language just from association with the women and children in Esther's group?

John keeps talking about a "difficult recovery" from back surgery, but so far his recovery seems pretty fast.   I know my spine was worse, but he's right it's still major surgery.  The fact that he can apparently stand/walk for 1.5 hours already is amazing to me.

If he thinks it's been difficult at this point, I am thinking either the doctor who did his surgery gave him some false hope on recovery time or John heard what he wanted to hear.   Even with minimally invasive surgery, all that means is you don't have a huge incision/scar.  They are still doing the same stuff inside you and having a 3 level fusion with new experimental biomechanics is a big deal for your spine.

At this point, I doubt his fusion is even stable yet.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

My poor brain just cannot imagine listening to John's awful voice for hours on end. John waffling on and on and on........... Hell on earth me thinks. 

Poor Esther. Poor Alatheia.

Deer Rufus, please  make the Humpers send $$$'s  to allow Esther and Alatheia a trip home before the next blessing is born. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Curious said:

This might be a dumb question, but why couldn't he just SIT and give his sermons

Or delegate them to a convert.. oh yeah, that won't work. He could also make them shorter so everyone can get to the food already. 

Do we think the kids are learning the native language just from association with the women and children in Esther's group?

I suspect they all know more words than John does but as to how much contact they actually get and how fluent they are - who knows.

If he thinks it's been difficult at this point, I am thinking either the doctor who did his surgery gave him some false hope on recovery time or John heard what he wanted to hear

I'll pick box 2 - he does for every other facet of life so doing it for his health wouldn't surprise me at all. 

18 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Poor Esther. Poor Alatheia.

Deer Rufus, please  make the Humpers send $$$'s  to allow Esther and Alatheia a trip home before the next blessing is born. 

I really hope Esther goes home to give birth - nothing against the Zambian hospitals but they're far enough away from tertiary care in Kafue that I suspect being in either Katy or Gainesville would be closer. Not that that guarantees they'd use it of course. At the very least I hope she stays in Lukasa near a high care hospital when she's due. She's getting to both an age and a number of babies where the likelihood of complications increases.

• Upvote 4

I don’t have an answer to what @Curious brought up but I’ve wondered this, too, how he’s physically capable of continuing to preach. Could he be doing it on really strong drugs & pride for now - with the very, very real possibility that he will crash & burn before long and become completely incapacitated and bed-bound?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic