IGNORED

John Shrader 18: Hell freezing over despite climate change

samurai_sarah

On 9/30/2019 at 7:14 AM, Palimpsest said:

Heaven forfend.  Esther's a mere woman. She can't translate for the Men!

And she has 11 and counting children to take care of, feed, homeschool (in theory at least), and her women's group to run.

This got me thinking - it wouldn’t surprise me if, as a direct result of how isolated he keeps her, she’s become fairly conversant in the language out of desperate necessity to be able to have at least a few other adults she can talk to.

Edited by Giraffe
Removing redundancy.
  • Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, Howl said:

I'm so very sorry to hear this.  How old was John when this happened?

Fundamentalists from way back and continuing today to this very minute have been defending male perpetrators and leaving their victims to twist in the wind without support or compassion.  

The TheWartburgWatch.com has documented this over and over. 

Thank you. He was 14. 

It is a devasting experience that changes the course of your life. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 18

52 minutes ago, TenYearOldJezzie said:

Thank you. He was 14. 

Personally, I’m really glad you’re back and terribly sorry for what you endured at John’s hands.

Every bit of information about him screams self-important narcissist, and he seems committed to that path. His father is apparently easily placated by his lies, and John seems to believe those lies himself. 

No 10 year old could ever warrant the abuse and subsequent mistreatment by their church, as you faced. I am sorry for what happened, but I’m grateful that you seem to be healing and now speaking out about this prolific abuser. He deserves the truth: he is a serial abuser of minds, bodies, and souls, who cloaks himself in the KJV Bible to hide his hideous sins. 

Hopefully, one day it will all be clear to those who supported his self-righteous “mission” to Zambia. He deserves to have his chickens come home to roost (even if he can’t keep his chickens alive, as he’s proven). 

My favorite literary death is still from The Poisonwood Bible, where our horrible “man of Jesus” gets eaten by a crocodile. Is it awful that I hope something similar happens to John? I’d like him to come full circle about his shit choices and behavior, and have to realize how bad his advice/actions/behavior/etc was for other people. 

And, I’m not averse to nature taking its course. John should reap what he has sown.

But I’m so sorry you were part of his human toll on his shitty, slimy, despicable path through life.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

Rick wants John in Africa because he knows that John is an abusive personality, but can pretend to himself that John is an actual pastor and functional human being as long as he's thousands of miles away.

Always interesting to me that neither of the parents (Kellers or Shraders) have visited Africa, at least as far as I can remember.  Even when Esther is getting ready to off load another blessing and could most certainly have used the help. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, TenYearOldJezzie said:

Thank you. He was 14. 

I am so sorry and angry that this happened to you. Not just about the abuse, but also the utter failure of the people who should have taken your side and protected you by holding John to account to do so.  I hope you have good support now.

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, apandaaries said:

My favorite literary death is still from The Poisonwood Bible, where our horrible “man of Jesus” gets eaten by a crocodile.

I had to go and check this because I thought he was burned to death. He was - because the villagers believed that he could turn into a crocodile, and after a boatload of children were attacked by a crocodile they blamed him. I only remembered because it was allegedly similar to a death in one of the Acrophya books (the burning in a tower bit, not the were-crocodile bit).

I don't wish that death or being eaten by a crocodile on John. I would like him to be held to account in front of the parishioners in Katy though. 

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Rick wants John in Africa because he knows that John is an abusive personality, but can pretend to himself that John is an actual pastor and functional human being as long as he's thousands of miles away.

And if he abuses women and girls in Africa no one at home is likely to ever know.  Which I suspect figures largely in his thinking.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

12 hours ago, Giraffe said:

This got me thinking - it wouldn’t surprise me if, as a direct result of how isolated he keeps her, she’s become fairly conversant in the language out of desperate necessity to be able to have at least a few other adults she can talk to.

I have also thought that she and at least some of the children are learning at least a bit of the local language.

• Upvote 5

14 hours ago, Howl said:

Always interesting to me that neither of the parents (Kellers or Shraders) have visited Africa, at least as far as I can remember.  Even when Esther is getting ready to off load another blessing and could most certainly have used the help. 

I don't think the Keller parents have ever visited, but Rick and Jodi have been to Kafue twice that I remember.   John always puts on a big show and tell for Rick.  I'm pretty sure they were there for Arcade's baptism at least.

Prepare for a few more gallons of self-pity from John. He links to this blog post from someone he calls Bro. Jeremiah.  https://www.wherethesunrisesfirst.com/post/i-can-see-clearly-now?fbclid=IwAR1FyMgC-a8Q7zc9Y4gD8dFx9xB4EG_tyat7YchFBekONNjbZq2zqYknsug

Possibly the best careful application of when Jesus healed the blind man in two stages.

This portion gripped my heart.

"You know that your Saviour is near, that He is working on you and within you. You feel His hands stripping away some of your dignity…but are you patiently waiting for Him to complete His perfect work? It is a great test of faith to abide while He works this for you. All too often, we want to see everything immediately and clearly..."

So John is the blind man waiting to be fully healed.  

I thank the Lord for stripping away my dignity. First, physically. I am literally having to retrain my muscles and learn to walk properly, as I slowly rebuild my strength back from the major back surgery of getting three artificial disks. It's humbling to be so very weak, and the events of the last two weeks since I arrived back in Africa have sapped my strength even further and laid me very low.

Probably the long flights so soon after surgery didn't help much either,

Just preaching our 1.5 hour service last night completely wore me out. I came immediately home and collapsed into bed before 8 pm in exhaustion.

Why not shorten the service or let someone else preach.  Oh, right.

Secondly, in our ministry. No missionary wants to be seen as a failure. Even though we truly have no control over the ones who come to us, say that they want to work with us in the Gospel ministry, it still strips away dignity when those we have poured our lives into are revealed as frauds, or just throw away God's best and their testimony for a little fleshly fulfillment...but this, at least some seen to think, reflects on us.

It is not all about you, John. I'm sure people leave churches that are not the best fit for them all the time.  Most pastors don't take it so personally.  But then most pastors don't claim to have the "only" hot line to Heaven.  They don't demand that people give up job offers to stay in their church, and they don't demand so much hard labor from their followers.  I'm sure you rant and rail at the young men in your flock if they drink the odd beer or go out on a date.

Paul with his Demas, Jesus with his Judas, and yet, I have been told by a dear African brother how a fellow missionary literally indicated I was a failure because of the abandonment by men I have loved and sought to train at their request, that have chosen sin,

John is just like Paul and Jesus!  And if only one fellow missionary has called John a failure I find it surprising.  He gives all missionaries a bed name.  

and this is hard, but I thank God for working on and in my heart and life. I thank Him for the shame, the critical remarks from the Brethren, because that causes me to run to Christ.

He thumbs his nose at all criticism, even from fellow missionaries.

This ministry is not mine, and it's not about me.

Could have fooled me.  Find yourself a replacement and leave then, John.  

It's about Christ, and lifting Him up, and continuing to stay faithful, no matter what, like my dear Zambian pastor friend who is coming to minister to us this weekend.

I wonder who this is ...

He is an example of true faithfulness for twenty years. He has suffered greatly at the hands of the brethren as well, yet never got bitter, and has remained humbly faithful. He has my utmost respect, and we are deeply humbled, with all that the Lord has given him to do in the ministry, that the Lord would lay it on his heart to offer to come minister to us.

It is so needed. I thank God for sending help from the sanctuary, at such a low point for me. God is so very good.

Perhaps it is time to turn your church over to a national pastor.  Five years ago John Shrader claimed that this was his goal.  

One day, as Bro. Jeremiah points out in the shared blog post, clarity will come. Until then, I have committed myself to the Hands of Christ, Hands pierced and scarred by my sin, Hands of such Love and Compassion and Care. Hands of "all power."

Thank the Lord for the loss of dignity, however it comes, and let it turn us with even greater intensity and sincerity to trust always and only in Christ, and Christ alone, especially while we are waiting for that clarity.

Selah,

js
Zambia

For Pete's sake!  

Actually the obvious solution would be for Rick to turn the reins of Tri County Baptist to Pastor Rogers and go to help Johnny in his hour of need.  I'm sure Pastor Rogers would appreciate it.

Edited by Palimpsest
added thought
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 7

Shrader in the comments of his last post:

John Esther Shrader Rest assured, God has ABUNDANTLY made it CLEAR He wants us to continue in Africa. The provision of my surgery, amazing...

Thank you for your precious prayers in our behalf, and your encouragement means so much to our hearts. May God be glorified through all this, and He alone. Amen!!

Actually, I think God is ABUNDANTLY making it CLEAR that John should stay out of Africa.  Satan probably provided his surgery because Johnny gives God a bad reputation.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

17 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I thank the Lord for stripping away my dignity. First, physically. I am literally having to retrain my muscles and learn to walk properly, as I slowly rebuild my strength back from the major back surgery of getting three artificial disks. It's humbling to be so very weak, and the events of the last two weeks since I arrived back in Africa have sapped my strength even further and laid me very low

I may have to stop reading this thread until John is past the poor me back surgery stuff.  I doubt very much they would have released him if he was in the shape he implies.   I've been non-weight bearing/non-ambulatory after several of my surgeries.  They sent me to a rehab hospital and certainly didn't clear me to fly to another country.

John should still be in physical therapy, which we haven't heard anything about.  I doubt very much he is doing a home PT program or that he would have been okayed for that so soon after surgery, even miracle bionic back surgery.

bleah!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

@Curious, I am finding it really hard to have any sympathy with Shrader's self-pity.  I feel mean because I do not doubt that he is still in pain and needs a lot more time to recover.  However, if he is not following doctor's orders he could mess up his implants.   He is not thanking God for arranging a PT in Lusaka for him (although he said earlier that he had identified someone).   Instead he is whining interminably over what he can't do at the moment.  Cry me a river.  

He's feeling well enough to write screeds on FB  though.  Today Shrader gives us another incredibly lengthy "Ode to Dad" and links to his old pome about his hero.

It is worth noting here that John rarely, if ever, mentioned Dad until he was dumped by his original Sending Church and Daddy bailed him out.  He certainly did not praise him to the skies as John does now.  I don't think we even knew Rick's full name until Sarah was dying so tragically and John went back to Katy after the big debacle with Valley Baptist to recoup his losses.

In fact we have had a reputable source tell us that John left the Assistant Pastor position at Tri-County back in 2002 due to a big quarrel with Rick.  Apparently Katy isn't a big enough place to contain both their egos for long.  

John is setting us straight on a few things though so it is probably worth wading through this lengthy hagiographic epistle.  I snipped some bits and and most of the numerous Bible quotes for you.  Johnny has been reading Isaiah.  My bolding.

God's Glory Displayed in Weakness

[If you are looking for a real live example of biblical faith (no spoiler, it's not me), and a "free, limited time offer," keep reading by clicking "see more"!]

<SNIP>

I again thank God for allowing or laying me low, both physically and ministerially. There is nothing I may glory in at present, for which I thank God.

Nothing for John to glory in!   But he thanks God for that. 

This is getting old, John.  While you are laid low perhaps you could take over homeschooling for poor Esther and glory in spending time teaching your kids.  Thank God for them instead of whining.

I also thank God for my father, pastor Rick Shrader. He has served the Lord for more than 45 years now, the last 40 as the church planter and pastor of our sending church.

My father is not a well known man. He is not much sought after as a speaker, or a leader in any "circle," "group" or "camp." He really doesn't fit in any of them, not has he sought to.

I've listened to a sermon of Rick's and I am not surprised he isn't sought after,  Bless him, but he sounds almost illiterate and is probably the source of John's more idiotic ideas.

One thing I can say about my father. He is the picture of I Cor.1:26-29. I'm not saying he never struggles with pride, but one thing stands out to me over my life. Dad has ALWAYS said he was amazed that God called him. He has NEVER seen himself as qualified.

A little kid from a broken home, raised by a single mom, struggled in school, never really had a dad to mentor or teach him...and he consistently has given the glory to God for ANYTHING accomplished, whether that was lives changed and transformed (including mine), or unbelievable building projects from buying our 1915 two-story house for ten bucks, rebuilding it, then rebuilding it again when it burned when I was 10, or how God provided property, buildings (the last a Sanctuary that is truly an original, with hand carved stone columns, you feel like you're in Ephesus), but most of, teaching me and many others about faith.

I'll believe Rick is a harder worker and better provider than John.  I don't know why Tri-County needs "hand carved stone columns" in the church.  Seems like bragging to me.  And most Nonconformist churches don't put emphasis on expensive church decorations.

He sadly had someone derisively, and almost sneeringly say to him recently, "The ONLY thing you are KNOWN for, is Faith."

Yes, that may be true, but, as I recall, that is 50% of what the Lord Jesus said He will praise us for. The other 50% is what my father is also known for, as it is truly been his life...a real servant.

My dad is not seen as mighty or wise or noble by most, but God says He doesn't call many like that. Some have seen him as foolish, weak or base...and have despised him, but that is EXACTLY who God says He has chosen to "confound the wise."

John proceeds to give a highly unlikely example of Rick "confounding the wise."

I have watched it. I have seen my dad confound those who thought they were wiser than him, over and over again. Sometimes, it's quite comical even.

Once, an engineer, trying to help his son build a tall house (which was required to be built up very high due to its location on a swampy piece of land), could not figure out how to get something up so high. This man was brilliant and highly paid as an engineer. Dad gave him a solution that astounded, or should I say, confounded him. (By the way, that man apologized to dad on his deathbed for the way he had despised and treated my father).

The engineer called Rick to his deathbed to say sorry!  Why do I think this so unlikely.

This has happened over and over. I could share much more, but that's not the point, other than proving God's Word is true. Always. Every time.

Perhaps Rick told the engineer that the wise man built his house upon the rock and not upon the swamp, and the rains came tumbling down.

My father is not perfect, has many weaknesses (which is the point), and he has been despised over and over, yet I have never seen highly educated men, who are well spoken and polished, never accomplish what my father has through Faith alone. There are many "benchmarks" which could be used to judge him a failure.

And we get to the meat of the issue.  John's siblings, who have lost the faith.

Some point to his grown children that are not following or serving the Lord. The unusual thing is, when children rebel as they step out of the home, they usually have a problem with one or both parents. My siblings all have a loving relationship with mom and dad, it's "the church" they have rejected, having seen a lot of "the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy" in their formative years. There is nothing more devastating to a young person than seeing hypocrisy in a spiritual leader.

Perhaps John is saying it is all Gothard's fault.  And I actually believe that the siblings have a loving relationship with Jodi.  She seems very sweet.  Sarah did chose to return home when she was terminally ill.  But that was probably to spare her daughter and give Dominic some respite too.

John's younger siblings all seem to have a strong relationship with each other when Sarah was dying.  Jace, Seth, and Joel all shaved their heads in solidarity when she lost her hair, and Seth stepped up and did a lot of the nursing care.

Thankfully, my siblings nor I saw that from our parents. They are real, genuine, and they proved out real Faith to me my entire life. They never put the ministry before us, and they have lived a simple, consistent faith out before us and the world. They have touched countless lives, but due to the transient nature of business and the Houston area, many of those individuals are now spread out across the world.

I wonder whether John's children will be able to say, "He never put the ministry or his own ego before us."

Without a dad to train and mentor him, my father has become a man that can fix almost anything. It's actually pretty incredible. I'll share the link to the poem I wrote about him in that respect, entitled "My Real Live Hero" at the end of this post.

Obligatory pome plug.

He would never say this about himself, nor promote himself, but I am a living testimony to my father's Faith. I have now proved God myself, and to our children, for almost 20 years of full-time ministry, but over 32 years of active and serious involvement since the Lord "counted me faithful, putting (or I should say, calling) me into the ministry."

John is Rick's greatest achievement!  

Rick hasn't retired, but Pastor Rogers is now the Senior Pastor.  Rick is now an Associate Pastor. 

Dad has not retired, but marking 40 years of pastoring Tri-County Baptist church since he planted it (something almost unparalleled and unheard of in these days), and as he is almost 70 years of age, he has now turned over the Senior Pastorate to our new pastor, pastor Stephen Rogers.

This frees him up quite bit. As an Associate pastor, he is now supporting the new pastor and desires to continue, even as an Associate, serving the Lord and the church he has literally given his life for, to 50 years and beyond, if the Lord wills and if He tarries His return.

Apparently I was right about that, so thanks for clearing things up, John.  And be sure to keep on Pastor Rogers's good side.

Why am I sharing this? Well, the Lord brought us our new pastor partially connecting everyone due to a post where I shared my heart about my father's need for help.

John takes full credit for bringing Pastor Rogers to Tri-County! 

I believe that, should the Lord lead, my father is one of very few men today that has grasped an understanding of what real Biblical Faith, insofar as proving God, beyond Saving Faith of course, what Living Faith looks like. I believe younger men, and even older who were never taught and had no example, could learn much from my admittedly more simple, and despised by some, but Faith-filled and Faith demonstrating father that has proved God over a lifetime, just as he taught me in "real time" what Matthew 6 Faith looks like.

Jesus repeatedly said in Matthew 6, whether in the house of worship, or on the streets and in public, we are to prove God by giving, praying, and fasting secretly, then letting the Father reward you openly. I've seen almost no one take that principle completely and totally to heart in these modern days...with the rare exception of my father.

When have we ever seen John Shrader pray and fast secretly --  he's forever boasting about his prayers and new diets on Facebook.

Shrader goes on to offer everybody Rick's phone number.  I hope Rick knows he is doing this.

As he is now more available, definitely by phone, but even for scheduling special meetings, if the Lord lays on your heart, I believe many could be challenged, encouraged, enlightened, and emboldened to step out in Biblical, Hebrews 11 Faith, with a Matthew 6 approach, to prove God to our generation. I believe many have much to learn from him, if they are teachable.

"If they are teachable."  I think everyone is teachable, but some might not want to learn Rick's version of Christianity,

The pride that has overwhelmed us has resulted in losing our children to the world

John-boy is so not over-enmeshed with daddy.  Oh no, not at all.

(my siblings have no excuse, they saw the same miracles I did, the same Power of Heaven poured out repeatedly through direct answers to prayer, provision, amazing salvation testimonies...but they chose to use other's hypocrisy as an excuse to eventually walk away, but I didn't.

Wow.  That is a pretty serious diss of all his siblings.  Apparently hypocricy = not conforming to John's ideals.  Sarah married a Catholic.  Jace is seriously mentally ill.  And Joel and Seth seem perfectly nice people who still identify as Christian, as far as I can see.

Not because of me. Because I cannot deny the reality of God and Faith that my parents consistently lived out before us my entire life in humility, simplicity and genuine loving sincerity.

John is absolutely the golden child.  

I'm beginning to think Pastor Rogers has edged Rick out completely  and Rick is looking for work.  John is openly shilling for him.  

If you are led to contact my father to talk to him more about Faith, his cell. # is available by messaging me. You will be blown away to hear the testimonies of lives changed, and stories of God proving Himself, when man and his influence was removed, so that only God alone can receive the glory.

My father is the living epitome of I Cor. 1:26-29. I believe there are others besides our church that could be greatly blessed by his lifetime of God Glorifying Faith. If you are a missionary getting ready to start "deputation," or a young church planter, or anyone hungrily desiring to prove God of any age...you should call him.

The Lord has declared He will "stain the pride of all glory...to bring into contempt all the honourable of the earth." He has furthered declared "I will not give my glory unto another."

That thrills my heart the most. Just like I Cor. 1 says, God took a simple little lad without a dad, who got saved as a teenager, surrendered to preach half way through Bible College (he was thinking Christian education when he went), and gave me a real, live hero of Faith. Dad has ALWAYS marveled that God called him. He has ALWAYS said he was not worthy. ONLY God can get the glory for what He has done through my father's 45 years of faithful ministry.

He is a man of genuine, real, biblical faith, and I encourage anyone who the Lord might lead to contact him to do so (by messaging me for his cell number).

I thank the Lord for my father. I would not be serving the Lord here in Africa without what God did in my life through the Faith lived out by my father.

So many words!

One final thing. Dad is experiencing personal revival even right now. I have never seen him so fired up, so encouraged, so focused on personal growth in the Lord. I thank pastor Rogers for lifting the weights and burdens off my father, and now with those weights lifted off my dad has been in the Word of God more, reading several very challenging books, and implementing what the Lord is teaching him. If you contact him, your phone will crackle with excitement and energy as he shares with you not only what the Lord HAS taught him, but what the Lord IS teaching him and doing in his heart and life RIGHT NOW!!!

I think I'll not call Rick.  It sounds exhausting.

Our discussions these days are more biblical, more accountable, and more incredible than ever before. I told him yesterday something to the effect of, "You are not only my father, you have become the friend I have desired to have for more than 30 years, a friend that will encourage me, challenge me, and talk with me about spiritual realities."

What a blessing!!

John seems to be unable to go 24 hours without calling Daddy.

If you wish to contact him, just private message me and I'll send you his line. This is that "free, limited time offer" I mentioned. It will cost you nothing to call him, but, he is getting older. Another seasoned pastor recently exhorted him to write a book. I have done so as well. Limited time offer indeed, as life is short!

Rejoicing in God's Glory,

Bro. John Shrader
Zambia

We are about to be peppered with Shrader publications.  Johnny is writing a book about his back too!  As Rick's spelling and writing leave much to be desired perhaps John could spend his rehab ghost writing the book for him.  But they will still need a good proofreader.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 9

5 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

@Curious, I am finding it really hard to have any sympathy with Shrader's self-pity.  I feel mean because I do not doubt that he is still in pain and needs a lot more time to recover.  However, if he is not following doctor's orders he could mess up his implants.   He is not thanking God for arranging a PT in Lusaka for him (although he said earlier that he had identified someone).   Instead he is whining interminably over what he can't do at the moment.  Cry me a river.  

He's feeling well enough to write screeds on FB  though.  Today Shrader gives us another incredibly lengthy "Ode to Dad" and links to his old pome about his hero.

I am just sick to death of all these people that get so much grifted stuff and quite frankly don't seem that thankful.   John just had surgery that costs $55k.  IIRC they don't take insurance so that is all out of pocket.   Now he's off faffing around Zambia again and feels well enough to minister for 4 hours and 1.5 hours, not to mention write his incredibly long screeds (and this is coming from someone that likes to use ALL. THE. WORDS!)

Maybe I'm just a baby after surgery, but it was literally months until I could even read FJ.  I just did not feel that great.  Of course, I was not at home.  I was in various medical facilities which were trying to kill me in various different ways and doing PT and OT sessions every day (I don't need OT really, but you have to take 2 different sessions and the other option is speech therapy.  OT is useful for some daily living skills when you are first post op, as well) which are exhausting, even with good pain control. 

Maybe I'm bitter because we are drowning in medical debt and I'm looking at another $100-200k being piled on top of that (that won't all be out of pocket, of course, but tens of thousands probably will be) and John gets so. much. stuff. handed to him when he's really just kind of a waste of air, IMO.

I woke up grumpy today...does it show?  LOL

Thank you for taking on for the team.  Holy crap that was long.

Does Rick really want John giving out his cell phone number to random internet strangers?

• Upvote 3
  • Love 20

I find it interesting that his mother is always mentioned in passing, if at all.  I wonder if she is the author of the blood-penned note...

Rick may be having a difficult time transitioning to retirement, and John may be waking up to the reality that his genius daddy, his main advocate for money, may be unable to help much longer. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

I find it interesting that his mother is always mentioned in passing, if at all.  I wonder if she is the author of the blood-penned note...

Rick may be having a difficult time transitioning to retirement, and John may be waking up to the reality that his genius daddy, his main advocate for money, may be unable to help much longer. 

Jodi is seldom mentioned by John at all.  I thought it was amusing last Thanksgiving, when the Keller family had a huge get together in Houston, Pecan Waller mentioned Jodi but not Rick Shrader.   It's almost pointed.

On Wednesday night, several went to visit “Nana” Shrader. Priscilla’s oldest sister is Esther and her mother-in-law is affectionately known as “Nana” Shrader.

https://www.davidlovespriscilla.com › 2018/11/30 › november-happenings

• Upvote 8

@Palimpsest, thank you for wading through John's verbal crap, and for your great comments.

I kept thinking that the tl;dr of that screed would be: "Dad's sorta stupid, but he produced miraculous me, so it's OK  - oh, and my siblings don't respect dumb Dad like I do!"

Hey, John, you started your Joy Jew(e)ls, and then deserted them after two days. Moar Jewls!

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

As Rick's spelling and writing leave much to be desired perhaps John could spend his rehab ghost writing the book for him.

It would be funny if Rick wrote, but asked John to be his editor. He'd be the first editor in history to ask for more obfuscation and meaningless verbiage. "This is awfully succinct and to the point, Dad -- can't you make it more ostentatious and full of flowery, fulsome, florid phrases?"

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11

On 10/3/2019 at 7:30 PM, TenYearOldJezzie said:

I'm still catching up but this one got to me. 
Back in my dealings with John, when he confessed his weakness regarding my 10-year-old body, the whole church rallied around him and still condemned me. Seems his "fake humility" got a jump start back then. Seems plausible that learned experience continues playing out in his spoiled adult behavior. King Narcissist.

Just a personal observation, I'll get back on with catching up. 

Anyone that condemns a 10 year old CHILD (or any victim) deserves a special place in hell. I’m so, so sorry. 

I’m a Christian, but this so-called “church” let you down in the biggest way. They’re still mandated reporters. As far as I’m concerned, they broke the law and should answer for that. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

Pastor Zulu came to the rescue and preached for John.

Provision of Pastor's Preaching and Powerful Prayer Meeting

We thank God for sending us pastor Obed Sabuni Zulu and his family this weekend. We deeply love this family, and this family truly loves us, and God sent them to us.

Strange that Pastor Zulu has only been mentioned in passing a few times.

Pastor Zulu is truly faithful man, and the pastor of the Independent Baptist Church of Monze, and he ministers to 3 or 4 other independent Baptist churches that do not have pastors, so for him to come was quite a sacrifice. God touched his heart to come (not only to visit during the week as I thought he meant when he mentioned a visit, but even for the weekend!!), his wife Beauty came as well (you can see the ladies and young ladies gathered in the background in the meeting house where she was teaching them), and also their two fine sons John and Daniel.

Looks like church attendance is lacking.  I counted 12 MEN (not including John and Enoch) listening to Pastor Zulu.  And I can just see the ladies group if I squint.  A handful of ladies.

Pastor Zulu has been saved now for 31 years, and has served the Lord together with Independent Baptist missionaries for the last 25.

And who were the Baptist missionaries who converted Pastor Zulu and who are the missionaries he is serving with now?  John isn't telling.  

He is a truly faithful man. I do not know another pastor here in Zambia that stands on the Word of God in regards to Separation, Music, Church Discipline, Doctrine, being a Biblical Baptist, as boldly and carefully and doctrinally as he does. I truly thank God for his friendship and love.

Birds of a feather.  But I expect John will piss off Pastor Zulu soon.  He'll disappear just like national Pastors Aikim, Kennedy and Douglas.

He shared with us as he preached, that he has counted up 31 men over the years that said they wanted to serve God, to preach the Word, to be in the ministry...and yet he is the only one of those 31 still serving the Lord.

Is there something mystical or religiously significant about the number 31.  Pastor Zulu was saved 31 years ago and 31 of his friends have dropped out of serving God.  

Johnny that may sound comforting to you, but that is only one (1) person a year.  You have driven off far more of the people you claimed wanted to be discipled by you and serve God in five (5) years.  Let's see.  I can name Arcade, Roderick, Jolis, Phellion, David Banda, Handia, Titus,  Boyd, ... and many of their friends.  By the way, whatever did happen to Eugene and Precious.

It was not said in pride, but great brokenness, as he challenged us that it is God's Will and according to God's Word to have faithful men that will fear and serve the Lord, and raise up godly children after them!

He brought a tremendous message which greatly encouraged and challenged the men's and young men's hearts, and shared how they are actually also dealing with two situations of church discipline in their church right now as well. Praise the Living God of Heaven, the two men in their church are serious about getting right. His message was such an encouragement to our hearts, and I can't wait for tomorrow!

See, it isn't only Johnny having problems with his flock.

This is why we desperately need true intercession. Satan has a tremendous hold here in Africa in the area of immorality and sensuality.

Those terribly immoral and sex loving Africans.  Has John looked at the US recently?  Satan has a tremendous hold here too.

I thank God that we have some fine men, just a few, that have been with us for years, a couple from the very beginning, who are truly pure, and that truly fear God. You need to pray for those men. They are rarer than the rarest jewels here in Africa, and I can guarantee you Satan and his minions are gunning for them.

Who are they, Johnny?  The faithful and the pure who have been with you from the beginning.  We need to pray for their escapes by name.  My guess is that you gunning for Emmanuel, Paul, and Whyte. 

After his message (which took the place of the regular mens men's Bible study), we had our prayer meeting, but this week we stayed divided up and prayed in two groups.

He didn't want the ladies to hear how badly the MEN are managing.  It would upset their fragile little hearts.

As our faithful men and young men prayed, there were several that poured their hearts out to God, and their passionate pleading for God to help us all examine ourselves, the rich depth of the prayer, the genuine and real heart displayed, broken over our sins and the falling away of others, ministered so much to my heart (this was my first prayer meeting since getting back as we had no Sat programs at all last week). This time of prayer with my African brethren, and especially these few that are pure, and passionately pursuing God as we poured out our hearts together, including Pastor Zulu, was truly a balm to my heavy heart.

It is all about John.

God knows where we are at.

Is that a swear or a prayer?

He knew I needed a week of help in the preaching, as I am so weak from the surgery recovery combined with traveling half-way around the world combined with coming home to find a heartbreaking situation and therefore having to hit the ground immediately not only stepping back into the preaching and teaching roles, but dealing with a proud man in his sin, and the Lord also knew how much our church needed the encouragement of seeing a Zambian man...who is and has stayed faithful.

It would be awfully funny if Pastor Zulu were plotting a takeover.

Pray brethren, pray dearly beloved friends, pray prayer warriors. Without Purity, there can be no Prayer, without Prayer, there can be no Power from God (Ps. 66:18; Acts 4:31-33).

All together now.  We have to get rid of my earworm and I have to sing it away.

Pray, pray a prayer
Pray out loud
Pray with care
Pray for good things not bad
Pray for happy not sad.

Pray, pray a prayer
Make it simple to end
Shrader's "mission" soon

Remember that he's not
Good enough for anyone
Else to fund
Just pray, pray a prayer.

Pray, pray a prayer
Let the world pray along
Pray for donors to see
Pray that more will desert John!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 2

Oh, almost forgot.  Johnny cross posted his latest Awful Attempts at Almighty Alliteration to Quill and Bible and made another post quoting from Royal Insignia about humility.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

Why would a visiting pasture talk about the fact that his church was involved with two cases of church discipline with another church congregation? How is that going to help his congregation learn about Christianity? That's just messed up IF it happened.

Edited by DarkAnts
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

He knew I needed a week of help in the preaching, as I am so weak from the surgery recovery combined with traveling half-way around the world combined with coming home to find a heartbreaking situation and therefore having to hit the ground immediately not only stepping back into the preaching and teaching roles, but dealing with a proud man in his sin, and the Lord also knew how much our church needed the encouragement of seeing a Zambian man...who is and has stayed faithful.

I know I'm turning into a broken record on this, but once again, John you should not have traveled half way around the world so newly post op.   I really would love to know if his surgeon(s) actually approved this or if John just did it AMA.

He still hasn't said anything about PT at all.   If he's not doing any PT, he's going to be tightening up and losing range of motion.   He can't just go from laying in bed to standing up to preach and expect to heal properly.

What is he like 5 weeks post op right now?

• Upvote 10

In his super-long screed that @Palimpsest was so kind to post upthread...  Just how many times does he mention how despised Rick was, and by how many people?  A LOT.
I don't know...but I find that so odd to include in a screed that's devoted to kissing Daddy's butt.
Is it just another case, of 'the more persecuted you are, the more god loves you'?  If so, he missed the mark because he didn't use his Dad's being despised in that context.  So, what's the point in Rick being despised except to show him in a negative light?
I'm so confused...  

ps.  When John signs his posts "js", does anyone else read it as "just saying"?  I always have to do a double-take.

Edited by Tim-Tom Biblethumper
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

Why would a visiting pasture talk about the fact that his church was involved with two cases of church discipline with another church congregation?

I expect either John asked him to talk about it, or John lead the prayers about disciplining poor Boyd.

But quite honestly, you can't trust a single word that John says.  He is full of exaggerations and half-truths even when he isn't outright lying.

It is interesting that John keeps modifying the story on Pastor Zulu.  He first appeared as a contact (not named in public posts, but I'm extrapolating from other things) in the Southern Province.  John was all hot to trot to convert the Southern Province, and Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Beyond a couple of years ago.  Then he stopped talking about it.

In fact, Pastor Zulu was first mentioned by name in the August 2018 video John is still trying to get everyone to watch. 

In the 2018 video Pastor Zulu is from Monse in the Southern Province.  Nothing about him ministering to 4 or 5 other independent churches, but he did travel all the way up and over to Mongu in the Western Province for the founding of Freedom Church there and picture ops with the chief.  

The "team" God raised up to plant Freedom church in Mongu is basically the "mature" Bro. Scrivner (who moved there from Kalundu, Southern Province) and Boyd.  Around the 4 minute mark here.

Wow.  That video is now very out of date for people who are paying attention.  He should be embarrassed by it now. 

Huge plugs for Bro. Boyd.  Bro. Boyd is going to covert Angola as well as the Western Province!  Boasting about the Mulambo church plant which he now claims is FUBAR.  And they are still saying that Language Learning is the L priority in their acronym H.E.L.P.S.   Thy changed that to Labor shortly afterwards.

We can add Julias and Andrew to the list of those possibly still faithful.  They had slipped my mind.

@Curious, John had his surgery in mid August.  

• Upvote 5

20 minutes ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

In his super-long screed that @Palimpsest was so kind to post upthread...  Just how many times does he mention how despised Rick was, and by how many people?  A LOT.
I don't know...but I find that so odd to include in a screed that's devoted to kissing Daddy's butt.
Is it just another case, of 'the more persecuted you are, the more god loves you'?  If so, he missed the mark because he didn't use his Dad's being despised in that context.  So, what's the point in Rick being despised except to show him in a negative light?
I'm so confused...  

ps.  When John signs his posts "js", does anyone else read it as "just saying"?  I always have to do a double-take.

John is confusing and confused.  But I think you have it right.  Being despised and rejected is a sign of true Godliness in Rick.  And John had been reading Isaiah 53.

I can't quote this without trying to sing parts of Messiah.  The dogs are wincing because they don't like Handel.  Or perhaps it's my bad singing.

He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

"All we like sheep, All we like sheep, Have gone a-stray-ay-ay-ay-ay ..."

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

When Rick kicks the bucket, will his eulogy include how despised he was by so many?  ;)  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic