IGNORED

John Shrader 18: Hell freezing over despite climate change

samurai_sarah

14 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

You might want to check with Bro. Theophil first though.  John seems to have treated him like crap and poor Theo didn't last long.

Was there official word on what happened with Bro. Theophil, or did he just skulk back home to Canada after some indefinite point when he figured out John's scam? He really was a "Seldom Seen" character and then just disappeared.  I find that whole thing endlessly intriguing. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Bro. Theophil Nussbaumer disappeared with no explanation.  Unless you count a vague reference John made last June to an unnamed young man who stayed  a few months and prayed about missionarying ... and John left it there.  Obviously it didn't work out.

But then, other than a very soppy poem about Theophil when he first arrived, he was only ever briefly mentioned in a 2018 newsletter as being part of the Bible Study group with Boyd.  John pretty much ignored his existence and he wasn't even mentioned in the 2018 video update.  He would probably have distracted attention away from the John and Boyd show.  An eagle-eyed member did find a photo of Theophil with Whyte and Co in October 2018.  Nothing at all after that.

I hope young Theophil is safely back on the farm in Ontario and has decided missions are not his thing.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

John is clearly not a sensible human. If he were a more sensible human* he would take his wife and all his kids back to the states with him, spend a year + recovering, and then go back, er, realize what a waste of resources his family is in Africa and remain stateside. I’m convinced there’s literally nothing that Will cause him to say, “maybe this is God’s way of telling me to go home.”

He seems to take every negative as proof that Satan is working hard against him which reinforces his belief he’s doing the Lord’s work. This man is delusional! And if he truly trusted god to take care of him - like he seems to expect his minions to do - shouldn’t he not be asking for money? Doesn’t that show lack of faith? What’s wrong with expecting money to just magically appear in his pocket?? ?‍♀️

*if he were a more sensible human he never would’ve taken his family to Africa in the first place. 

Edited by Giraffe
Paragraphs are good.
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Handia made a very good post on his FB explaining that the White Missionary's wealth was tempting to impoverished nationals without calling Boyd out by name.

This is part of what really irritates me about Shrader et al. So much time and money is diverted to them when they often do nothing to improve the lives of the communities they're in. Giving Boyd or Arcade or Roderick or any of the converts the opportunity for further study would have done more in the long term to improve both their and their community's prospects. John has spent 5 years and copious amounts of money driving around spouting hot air without achieving anything of benefit. 

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

This is part of what really irritates me about Shrader et al. So much time and money is diverted to them when they often do nothing to improve the lives of the communities they're in. Giving Boyd or Arcade or Roderick or any of the converts the opportunity for further study would have done more in the long term to improve both their and their community's prospects. John has spent 5 years and copious amounts of money driving around spouting hot air without achieving anything of benefit. 

The only problem is John is such a narcissist he doesn't see the error in his ways. He is going to continue grifting and conning his way through Zambia until more of his former like Boyd, Handia, Arcade, and Roderick see through his crap. The amount of money he has spent on himself rather than the people of Zambia he promises to serve is disgusting. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, NoneIsEnough said:

John opened a new FB page specifically for his Joy Jewels. Why not just put them on his Quill & Bible page? The header is so sparkly! 

https://www.facebook.com/Joy-Jewels-from-Gods-Word-109631557107965/

omfg. He’s commented on that page linking to his poetry page. ?‍♀️ 

Never change, John. Not that you would, but damn. What an ego. 

Edited by apandaaries
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

The only problem is John is such a narcissist he doesn't see the error in his ways. He is going to continue grifting and conning his way through Zambia until more of his former like Boyd, Handia, Arcade, and Roderick see through his crap. The amount of money he has spent on himself rather than the people of Zambia he promises to serve is disgusting. 

Oh I have no expectation that John will suddenly change. I'm far more hopeful that the parishioners in Katy and the other supporting churches will start asking questions and maybe decide to support someone who Satan targets less frequently and with less success.

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, NoneIsEnough said:

John opened a new FB page specifically for his Joy Jewels. Why not just put them on his Quill & Bible page? The header is so sparkly! 

https://www.facebook.com/Joy-Jewels-from-Gods-Word-109631557107965/

How do these people keep track of all their pages?  I have several FB pages for different things, plus my personal page and the FJ page to deal with.  If I'm lucky I might remember to post something to the FJ page once a month or so.  I closed one page recently because I was tired of seeing it in my list when I wasn't doing anything with it.

I'm not a huge fb person so maybe that is why I find it exhausting.

<goes off to find something to post on FJ fb page>

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

Oh I have no expectation that John will suddenly change. I'm far more hopeful that the parishioners in Katy and the other supporting churches will start asking questions and maybe decide to support someone who Satan targets less frequently and with less success.

Very well put.  John's converts all seem to see through him eventually, although some get more burned by him than others.  It is the funding of his vanity project that needs to stop.

8 hours ago, apandaaries said:

omfg. He’s commented on that page linking to his poetry page. ?‍♀️ 

But, but, but!  That was one of his better poems.  He worked quite hard on those rhyming couplets.  

And I would like to warn all the members of Truthiness Biblical Baptist Church not to wear their good clothes to church next Sunday.  By the looks of John's latest "Jewl" you are going to be taught to prostrate yourselves in worship.  

I've never seen a Baptist church with people responding immediately to the mere reading of God's Word like this. This word here for worshipping literally means "prostrate," and is the idea of lying "flat" on the ground, with the face to the ground (see the same word here "worshipping" appearing exactly so in Numbers 22:31. I would greatly encourage you to study "worship" throughout the Bible, and see how often it is connected with the worshipper being on their face before God. How vastly different from today's concept of "worship").

@Gobsmacked, and other people blocked by Shrader, can you see the Joy Jewels Facebook? 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Well, Shrader is keeping busy on Facebook.  After all, he can't drive anywhere and printing tracts obviously means lifting, bending, and turning so he can't do any of that either.  All he can do is harangue the faithful who come to him.  And only for a maximum of 4 hours at the moment.  I bet the congregation is relieved.

So he's digging back in his archives and posting uplifting things on FB.  I expect we will be treated to more of his poems and hymns too soon.  I can't wait.  They are so snarkable.

He posted something cute Charis said 6 years ago.  But he's made it private so I can't see it.  Unfair, Johnny.  I'm feeling Low!

He posted a video of Ben Sinclair's wife and daughters singing.  Sinclair was driving the car when Charles Westco was killed by a stray bullet in Cameroon.  No, I don't think that counts as being martyred for God.

And he reposted something about Boyd from "three years ago."  Probably his conversion story, and it is also private.

Shrader, we have archives too and keep track of your public posts.  Boyd was barely mentioned publicly by you until March 2017. 

That's when his uncle died and John galloped off with Boyd to Mungo, Western Province, like a blow-fly.  John loves to strike while the body is still warm and threaten the mourners at funerals with Hell Fire.   He harangued the mourners for 3 solid hours the evening they arrived and was all set to preach again the following day.  He asks us to pray for "Boyd's cousin (they are considered brothers according to Zambian cultural tradition)."

Boyd's cousin, Mr. Humphrey, listened attentively (or slept with his eyes open) but failed to profess Christ.  Everyone was supposed to pray for Mr. Humphrey's conversion, and that of his sweet wife, Rebecca.  Apparently it didn't work because Humphrey has never been mentioned again. Unless he is one of the family members who tried to get Boyd out of John's clutches.

The discussion starts around here:  

March, 2017, was when Roderick started getting antsy about following John, although the full rebellion wasn't until the end of the year.  It looks as though Shrader started grooming Boyd as Roderick's replacement at the funeral.

Satan was attacking hard that March.  Handia, Brian, and Eugene needed prayers too.  They all left.  I also tabulated the core group of MEN and hopeful teens as: 

"Roderick, Arcade, Jolisman (AKA Jolis), Boyd, Percy, Emmanuel, Whyte, and Paul."  

Fast forward to today and that list is more like: Roderick, Arcade, Jolisman (AKA Jolis), Boyd, Percy, Emmanuel, Whyte, and Paul.

I think the last three are still around.  

• Thank You 10

Thankyou Palimpsest for your accurate recording of John's misdeeds galore in Sub-Saharan Africa and beyond. May they all come back to bite his large derierre some time soon. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

11 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I am hopeful there as well. I do hope that the churches start to see through his crap. I just hope that once the churches sponsoring him catch on to him they warn others of him. But the main church sponsoring him is his father, so the only thing stopping him is the parishioners seeing through is crap like you said. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I have to say all John's talk of Nehemiah, both son and book, is having the side effect of triggering earworms from Nehemiah the musical which I was in in about.... 1987. (Yes there is a musical. No, I have no idea where the guy at church found it. No, I don't know why either, but it was fun to do, very catchy and pretty bouncy.)

Anyway. The main earworm has the lyrics "do a deal Nehemiah/yes we'll make it worth your while./Let's be friends and have a talk/come outside your city walls/and we'll talk about a deal/Nehemiah."

I have had it stuck in my head since John posted about the seizure. Why my brain retains this (including the four part harmony bits) and not stuff I spent a lot of time learning (e.g. Krebbs cycle, languages, all of organic chemistry) I do not know. Either way - do a deal Nehemiah - and run far, far away!

• Haha 7
  • Love 2

Oh, FFS, Shrader.  This was 6 hours ago:

Dear praying friends,

I'm asking you to genuinely intercede for Boyd for tomorrow. It is a critical point due to the situation. Remember, we are seven hours ahead of Central Time in America, so, as you pillow your heads, please...go to the "Throne of Grace" and beseech our Gracious God for our dear friend, and for us as well. Satan is fighting, and oh how well I know the truth of Jeremiah 17:9, for how my own heart has oft' deceived me.

I'm sincerely and seriously requesting for supplication not only on behalf of Boyd, but for myself, the church members here, and the need for the power of God, not only upon this situation, but all our hearts, lives, and ministry God has given us here.

Without it, we are merely striving to "...build..a tower,...and...make us a name,..." just as they did at Babel. It matters not if we wrap our attempts in holy trappings, and even if we have good intentions.

Oh that God will do something here, something for which He alone may receive glory.

I am nothing. I can do nothing. Physically as well as spiritually, this is more true, or at least I should say I can see this truth now, more than ever before. It's actually a blessing from the Lord to be laid low in rehabilitation and recovery, for it forces me to acknowledge my weakness, helplessness, and dependency upon my God. Please pray for me that, even after recovery, I never lose sight of that.

Christ is all, and in all, and how I beseech you to truly, genuinely, fervently, and unceasingly pray for us, and for His life to be lived in us.

If you would, we would be so very, very grateful.

Humbly thanking you for your time, but most of all, your prayers...

- js
Zambia

(feel free to share with any who may truly be led to pray)

At least he spelled "intercede" correctly.

Hey, John.  If Boyd's intercession doesn't work out (and I hope he is fleeing from your exploitation) perhaps you should hire Roderick back again.

I mean, seriously.  You are up shit creek without a paddle.  And you keep "claiming" that poor Roderick wants to return. 

I don't actually believe it, but if you say so.  And Roderick would be a big help in paddling.   Just give the guy his back pay from 2017, and pay him at least $300 USD for full time ministry this time.  The guy gave up a good job offer for you.

Hey, you can afford it!  You have churches all over the world praying for you and sending money.

Your humpers just ponied up $55K and counting for your back surgery.  I'm sure they can also pony up some more cash to help you recuperate.  

Or is your recovery time covered by short-term disability through your (non-existent) health insurance policy?  Wouldn't it be awful to expect your humpers to support your whole family while you do nothing.

But best wishes for your recovery, John.  And even better wishes to Esther in pregnancy and delivery of #12.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Wow. Many years ago I would’ve been moved by his pleading. Fortunately I’ve matured. 

Time for you to leave Africa, John. If God really does have this, then trust him enough to leave, knowing whatever work he wants done will get done - without your “help.”

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

It's actually a blessing from the Lord to be laid low in rehabilitation and recovery, for it forces me to acknowledge my weakness, helplessness, and dependency upon my God

I hope it also makes him acknowledge his weakness, helplessness, and dependency on his long-suffering wife, children and the people that are constantly doling out what by now has to be hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash, equipment, surgery and more.

John, you have been in Zambia and have NOTHING to show for it.  People are sending you hard-earned money and you piddle it away while keeping your hand out for more.   The only thing that seems to have been built there is Esther's woman group.

You haven't learned the language, you haven't built a clinic or school (or even a church, I don't think), you haven't helped the community you are ostensibly a part of in any substantial way.  In fact, you are most likely a drain on that community.

You should not be in Zambia wasting their resources while you do nothing during your recuperation.  You need to bring Esther and your kids back to the US and once your recovery is done get a job like the man of the (fundie) family is supposed to do.   

The fact that your wife and children have a better quality of life in SubSaharan Africa than they did in the US should be very embarrassing to you.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

But the main church sponsoring him is his father, so the only thing stopping him is the parishioners seeing through is crap like you said. 

Isn't Daddy Shrader looking to retire soon?

They brought in a new assistant preacher for that reason, no?

• Upvote 1

And we have an update.  Boyd is standing strong and making his own choices.

Update: Thank you so much for your prayers dearly beloved. Sadly, Boyd chose not to come today, and has continued in his direction away from the Lord, even saying to one of our faithful other men that, "I'm going to make my own choices," meaning that he is heartbreakingly choosing not to "hear" the exhortation and counsel of the church members. His actions, reactions and attitude yesterday and today show the same.

Good for Boyd.  John is a nasty enemy to make.  

The church will continue praying, and sadly have to finish the process in the coming days, unless he chooses humility and brokenness before God and man.

Really, Shrader.  I suppose finish the process means that you are going to put Boyd under official church discipline and excommunicate him.  I was just re-reading your weeping and wailing from 2017.  You choose fake "humility and brokenness" yourself for the sins of pride every 6 months or so on average, and then go on to repeat exactly the same mistakes and behaviors.  You also refused to be disciplined by Valley Baptist Church, so you hardly set an example to your followers.  

We will continue to love and pray for our friend, even if he continues to reject God's Word. "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." Prov. 14:12; 16:25. It's hard to see those you love so much choose death. - js

Shrader only loves himself, and possibly Daddy, Esther, and his children as extensions of himself.  He certainly doesn't love the followers who escape his clutches, as he has demonstrated many times.  He has them arrested, threatens them, and lies about them. 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 5

17 hours ago, Curious said:

You haven't learned the language, you haven't built a clinic or school (or even a church, I don't think), you haven't helped the community you are ostensibly a part of in any substantial way.  In fact, you are most likely a drain on that community.

You should not be in Zambia wasting their resources while you do nothing during your recuperation.  You need to bring Esther and your kids back to the US and once your recovery is done get a job like the man of the (fundie) family is supposed to do.   

The fact that your wife and children have a better quality of life in SubSaharan Africa than they did in the US should be very embarrassing to you.

To be fair to Shrader, he has never promised to do anything useful like run clinics, schools or orphanages for the people of SubSaharan Africa and Beyond.  His donors know that.

His whole mission is church-planting only, with a printing ministry to share the Gospel.  Or rather, John's strange and twisted Historic Biblical Baptist version of the Gospel.

He's probably frothing at the mouth now at the thought he has done nothing.  He would claim to have planted three churches.  The fact that they are all falling apart is Satan's work!  He's built (or rather caused his converts to build for him) 3 little church buildings in Kafue, Mulamba, and Mongu.  And a latrine in Mongu, darn it!  And not a penny of American money went into the Mongu building.  He used tithes from the Kafue church to build it.

In Kafue he has managed to get his hands on quite a little compound.  Although, as a foreign resident, he probably doesn't own the land it is on legally.  He built a Timothy House that turned into a chicken coop, until Satan's little birdies all died from chicken plague and over-crowding.  Those buildings are now used to store Bibles donated from the USA.  He's put toilets in there too.  And he drilled a well so the church toilets and baptism tank could have water.  He has claimed to give the water away, but I expect that is limited to members of his congregation in good standing.

He has spent a bit of money in country and that probably helps the local economy.  Unfortunately he also imports too many overseas goods in the form of donations, and that doesn't help the local economy.

It would be quite a challenge to bring John, family, and all the goods they have grifted in the last 5 years back to the US.  

3 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

I think Pastor Stephen Rogers considers himself the main Pastor at Tri-County not a mere assistant.  He was a full pastor at his previous church and it would be a step down to be Rick's assistant.

It is all rather ambiguous.  The Tri-County 40th Anniversary service looks for all the world like a retirement service. Rick is getting on.  He looks 65-70ish but may be older than that.

But at the very end of the session (around the 45 minute mark) Rick Shrader says that he has not been "recalled or decalled." He is going to semi-retire, take some time off, and continue part-time as a sort of Pastor Emeritus.  Or pain in Pastor Rogers's butt. 

I can foresee major ructions down the road if Pastor Rogers's ideas deviate from Rick's, or he tries to cut off Johnny-boy's money and discipline him in any way.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

7 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

And we have an update.  Boyd is standing strong and making his own choices.

Good for Boyd.  John is a nasty enemy to make.  

Really, Shrader.  I suppose finish the process means that you are going to put Boyd under official church discipline and excommunicate him.  I was just re-reading your weeping and wailing from 2017.  You choose fake "humility and brokenness" yourself for the sins of pride every 6 months or so on average, and then go on to repeat exactly the same mistakes and behaviors.  You also refused to be disciplined by Valley Baptist Church, so you hardly set an example to your followers.  

Shrader only loves himself, and possibly Daddy, Esther, and his children as extensions of himself.  He certainly doesn't love the followers who escape his clutches, as he has demonstrated many times.  He has them arrested, threatens them, and lies about them. 

Maybe Boyd just wants a break from listening to Sharder pontificate for 4 freaking hours at a time.  You know it's even worse for people that he deigns to grace with his "teaching."   Maybe while he was stateside Boyd's ears stopped bleeding long enough for him to have a coherent thought and he realized he was being used.

I hope he's able to break free completely and find a job where he is not treated so badly.

6 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

To be fair to Shrader, he has never promised to do anything useful like run clinics, schools or orphanages for the people of SubSaharan Africa and Beyond.  His donors know that.

I know he didn't.  I was just ranting mostly.  Although *some* people might, after being there for 5 years and seeing a need change their plans to include some sort of more substantial, long-lasting legacy.

• Upvote 10

10 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

I believe he is thinking about retiring soon. However, he is the main man who planted the seed for the church in Katy. I wonder how much power he will still have over the church he started. Part of the reason I think John went to the church to preach was to convince the new preacher and parishioners to keep sponsoring him once Pa Shrader retires. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

On 9/23/2019 at 3:17 PM, Palimpsest said:

Being "transparent" about all his sinful ways for the Nth time because he knows that fake humility goes down well with humpers and gains him more prayer$.

I'm still catching up but this one got to me. 
Back in my dealings with John, when he confessed his weakness regarding my 10-year-old body, the whole church rallied around him and still condemned me. Seems his "fake humility" got a jump start back then. Seems plausible that learned experience continues playing out in his spoiled adult behavior. King Narcissist.

Just a personal observation, I'll get back on with catching up. 

• Love 18

19 minutes ago, TenYearOldJezzie said:

Back in my dealings with John, when he confessed his weakness regarding my 10-year-old body, the whole church rallied around him and still condemned me.

I'm so very sorry to hear this.  How old was John when this happened?

Fundamentalists from way back and continuing today to this very minute have been defending male perpetrators and leaving their victims to twist in the wind without support or compassion.  

The TheWartburgWatch.com has documented this over and over. 

• Upvote 8

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic