IGNORED

Rick Wiles: Winter is Coming

Howl

I don't think we spend near enough time keeping tabs on bat-shit crazy preacher men who are also radio hosts with extremely gullible listeners.  I came across one today who ticks so many boxes. 

• Antisemite? Check!
  • Racist? Check!
  • End Times? Check! 
  • Prepper? Check! 
  • Instilling paranoia in his gullible listeners so they will send him staggering amounts of money? Check! 

I present to you Rick Wiles: Winter is Coming! 

This nut case preacher is telling his flock and radio listeners that he'll soon be forced underground THIS WINTER because Christians are going to be targeted in a bloodbath...Happily, he's in Vero Beach, FL which could be ground zero for Dorian landfall (or maybe not). 

Anyway, in early August, he sent out a plea for money, and not just any small amount.  God has laid it on his heart that he needs not just 10 million as he had originally thought, but he needs 100 MILLION!  The Friendly Atheist blog on Patheos (Hemant Mehta) lays it out for you here. Rick Wiles: I Need $100 Million to Preach at Viewers Until Jesus Comes Back

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 6

Hello yes I would also like to announce that Jesus just told me that I need not 100 million dollars, but 150 million! I won't be able to properly scream at people on the internet otherwise.

• Haha 17

Now Trump doesn't want his peeps to watch faux news they can all watch this chap instead! Problem solved Trumpybear. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

On 8/30/2019 at 8:54 AM, Howl said:

...he's in Vero Beach, FL which could be ground zero for Dorian landfall (or maybe not). 

Maybe if he prays enough (and gets enough money) he can steer Dorian somewhere else, like Pat Robertson did with Hurricane Gloria. I guess the other people who were hit by Gloria weren't godly enough.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1986-09-17-mn-10637-story.html

• Upvote 2

@turquoise,  I was remembering the time that Pat R. had prayed that a hurricane might take out that wicked city Orlando and Walt Disney World* and the hurricane did not hit Florida at all but turned northeast and hit Virginia Beach.  

*wicked because of Gay Days at WDW in June

• Upvote 4

Wishing now I'd started this thread with a more generic title like "Crazy Preachers Preaching Crazy Stuff,"  because the crazy keeps coming. 

Tony Perkins thinks teaching basic science leads to mass shootings because of course it does!  He also thinks spanking beating children makes you come out OK, because look at him.  Anyway, 

Evangelical Leader Claims Teaching Kids Basic Science Causes Mass Shootings

There's an unfortunate belief among certain Christians (not just Fundamentalists) that one cannot have a moral center or live a moral life or even know right from wrong without a belief in a Christian god. 

Edited by Howl
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1

6 minutes ago, Howl said:

There's an unfortunate belief among certain Christians (not just Fundamentalists) that one cannot have a moral center or live a moral life or even know right from wrong without a belief in a Christian god. 

Yep. My UU church got a FB comment from a visitor who posted “I couldn’t tell if the person next to me was praying to jesus or satin*” [sic] and that one could not possibly be a good person without believing in Jesus.

*A UU would be far more likely to “believe in” ethically and ecologically sourced linen than satin.

• Haha 7